Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why there is no greet option?

halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Why is that the sims can only greet another sim for the first time only?
I think the greet option should always be there. When you meet your neighbor the next day first thing you do is greet him before starting the conversation.

Even in the hospital this is causing a problem. When my sim knows all the patients and she has one of the goals to greet 3 patients you just cannot fulfill this goal until a new sim shows up. Even if I choose the option "Ask about day" it does not solve it.

I hope the developers add the ordinary greeting option as a fixed interaction and better if they vary it like adding a hand shake greet, a wink greet, a hug greet etc.
Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Agreed!
    I'd also like them to fix "goodbye". It does nothing other then the animation and speech. The sim stays at your place anyway. Only thing that works is ask to leave and it's a somewhat rude interaction.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    Agreed!
    I'd also like them to fix "goodbye". It does nothing other then the animation and speech. The sim stays at your place anyway. Only thing that works is ask to leave and it's a somewhat rude interaction.

Yes the ask to leave is like get out of my house. I don't use it because I feel it is a rude interaction.
    Actually I think these interactions should be different from a sim to another. A mean sim can have "ask to leave", A good sim should have the option "Apologies it is getting late" and so on. It would make a big difference if the team expand on these interactions and make them more unique as per traits and the current emotion.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    They automatically greet each other when you start interacting.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    this is really something necessary.
    I am getting sick of the goodbye problem. The option mostly doesnt appear and when it does it is always the same.
    i had a fight with one of the sims that came over in my house and after being really angry and a bad relationship, the only option was 'ask to leave' or 'goodbye' for that person to get out.

Neither of them was a right fit to their mood and situation.
    I just wanted my sim yelling at the other sim to get the heck out of my house. But no i had to ask with also follows with a friendly goodbye or the direct friendly goodbye. I dont think this is acceptable and this is a big feature in the game. We dont always have nice goodbyes.
    sometimes they are in fights, sometimes a romantic kiss etc.

they should make a come back..
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    They automatically greet each other when you start interacting.

This.

The goodbye option just makes the sim quit the conversation.

The "Ask to leave" option is for the sim to leave your home lot. It has a negative impact which bothers me a bit and I don't like how it apears multiple "Ask to leave" options in the UI. They haven't fixed it yet. :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    I've seen some Sims have two "ask to leave" options...is it possible there is a good and bad "ask to leave"? I don't normally asks Sims to leave early so I don't use the option often...so if someone wants to test that or if anyone else has seen it,maybe post pics?
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Because I requested it to be removed on the TS3 forum 599,999 times. It is a step not necessary when Sims already have met. It is a waste of time when all you want to do is get to the other interactions. Imagine the TS4 Sims who visit your Sim's house 'has to be greeted, shake hands' every time they knock on your Sim's door. No, op, it's not necessary and no I don't shake everyone's hand for the tenth time after I have met them in my life. That's a formal greeting for strangers or those who don't know each other very well.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Only if it is not mandatory to greet before having a conversation. An optional social, fine. In Sims 3, every time I look around I have to greet someone that I already invited to my home. I had a guest stay all day and ended up greeting them 5 times just to talk to them. That would be aggravating to have again.
  • Options
    CookiezStoryCookiezStory Posts: 35 Member
    totally agreed, especially for doctor career xD
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top