Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Call It Ungrateful...

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    From now on, every time someone of obvious limited intelligence calls someone, or anyone, a hater, I'm putting them on ignore. I am sick to death of seeing that word flung around here by people who probably wouldn't know the true meaning if it bit them on the proverbial backside.

I'm so glad you said that. I'm so tired of it.

There might be a few people here that talk about the game in a derogatory way just because they can and like to upset people but most people are sad, disappointed and hoping for impovments. Me included.

If the shoe were on the other foot I wonder how it would come across being called lemmings or suggest that someones judgement be questioned because they settled for something less than good. I can just image the hue and cry now.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    barraakeno wrote: »
    The great thing about opinions: Everyone has one. And everyone wants to say their own opinions, even when they don't say anything useful or with a good base. Anyway... <3 love you haters.

Everyone has a [posterior opening], but that doesn't mean I want to see them.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Here's my problem with Sims 4. It's a sequel that doesn't look THAT much better than it's predecessor. Now, take a look at previews of Fallout 4.
    http://www.gamespot.com/videos/fallout-4-announcement-trailer/2300-6425087/#ftag=YHF6738a5f
    Compare the trailer (most of it done with the in-game engine, I think), to the 2008 Fallout 3. Huge step forward. Bugs and all (I'm sure).
    To me it looks worse, I prefer the more realistic style of the predecessors.

The quality of the models and environment looks much improved. The arms on the characters never looked like they fit properly into the shoulder (they stuck out too far, as if in a swivel). Lighting greatly improved, too. I'm going to need a new graphics card when it comes out.
    Zwerver_328_zpstjor6jg5.png

Zwerver_184_zpsi0vlws19.png

Chances are you say "Exactly, that's what I mean!" haha but I don't see it.
    Looks anatomously correct to me doesn't it? Which doesn't mean they can't be improved, because I've been playing the game with in the back of my head 'and in a Sims 4 they will look really good'. I'm not seeing it in 4 though. They look cartoony and there's something weird about their posture. As if their arms are too long. And men's wastes are often too slim in the game (when they take after their mother I guess). Which doesn't matter when you like the characters cartoony but I don't is what I meant.

As for the lighting: outside definitely, inside not however. It's as if the sims often don't catch any light.
    I see some improvements (graphics mainly, it's a lot sharper than in 3, especially for people who don't play on highest settings) but not as much as I expected. And I don't like the art style but that's personal of course. You can also tell a lot of it is backdrop (I saw it even before they told us about the neighborhoods).

I'm talking about Fallout 4
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    tkwolftkwolf Posts: 362 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    Pary wrote: »
    From now on, every time someone of obvious limited intelligence calls someone, or anyone, a hater, I'm putting them on ignore. I am sick to death of seeing that word flung around here by people who probably wouldn't know the true meaning if it bit them on the proverbial backside.

UGH YOU'RE SUCH A HATER ON HATERS THAT HATE HATERS--
    wait okay i legit don't know what i just typed, gimme a second... hater...hates on...
    Yeah, okay, that's right.

Being serious, I don't understand the reflex that people seem to have where they denounce someone just for not liking what they do. People...are all different? And have different opinions? If I like my lasagna with relish (DON'T YOU JUDGE ME), I'm not going to call people that don't like theirs with relish "haters". Because that's silly. I can't be one to judge them for eating lasagna the way they want to! :D

That's because hypocrisy exists in every corner of the world, too. Just because you announce the the forums that you like the game, it doesn't make you the good person. We have to remember, just as there are evil trolls, there are also delusional righteous people at the other end of the spectrum.
    INTRODUCING.....TA DA DA DAAAAAA
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2015
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    Here's my problem with Sims 4. It's a sequel that doesn't look THAT much better than it's predecessor. Now, take a look at previews of Fallout 4.
    http://www.gamespot.com/videos/fallout-4-announcement-trailer/2300-6425087/#ftag=YHF6738a5f
    Compare the trailer (most of it done with the in-game engine, I think), to the 2008 Fallout 3. Huge step forward. Bugs and all (I'm sure).
    To me it looks worse, I prefer the more realistic style of the predecessors.

The quality of the models and environment looks much improved. The arms on the characters never looked like they fit properly into the shoulder (they stuck out too far, as if in a swivel). Lighting greatly improved, too. I'm going to need a new graphics card when it comes out.
    Zwerver_328_zpstjor6jg5.png

Zwerver_184_zpsi0vlws19.png

Chances are you say "Exactly, that's what I mean!" haha but I don't see it.
    Looks anatomously (anatomical) correct to me doesn't it? Which doesn't mean they can't be improved, because I've been playing the game with in the back of my head 'and in a Sims 4 they will look really good'. I'm not seeing it in 4 though. They look cartoony and there's something weird about their posture. As if their arms are too long. And men's wastes are often too slim in the game (when they take after their mother I guess). Which doesn't matter when you like the characters cartoony but I don't is what I meant.

As for the lighting: outside definitely, inside not however. It's as if the sims often don't catch any light.
    I see some improvements (graphics mainly, it's a lot sharper than in 3, especially for people who don't play on highest settings) but not as much as I expected. And I don't like the art style but that's personal of course. You can also tell a lot of it is backdrop (I saw it even before they told us about the neighborhoods).

1. i don't see a censor blur there, young man. /shakes finger at
    2. For the longest time, I actually had serious issues with TS3 and lighting outdoors because of my video card. Whenever any -- ANY -- Sim went outside, their skin suddenly became that of a white person and I couldn't understand why. Fiddled with the lighting settings and nothing helped. Turns out it was just that my video card wasn't made to handle TS3 with its expansions. Each expansion upped the ante on what your computer had to have for the game to perform correctly. So it's actually entirely possible for someone to go through all of TS3 and think it's the ugliest game when it comes to certain things because their graphics card actually isn't good enough to handle everything that came with TS3.
    I always avoid the h-word concerning the games but I make some exceptions: I hate the blur :p Because it would have covered his body up to his chin and look how beautifully they designed what they covered afterwards :o The blur also covers dressed sims by the way, and in Sims 2 it covered the whole bathing the baby routine I had been looking forward to :s Believe me, there's nothing inappropriate there ;)

It's interesting what you say because I often don't understand how people can call S3 ugly in the graphics department, maybe that's it. My video card is alright for Sims 3 btw, but outdoor lighting often has a bad influence on my sim's faces as well. No skin structures, mouths become odd. In the morning and late in the afternoon it looks alright, it also depends on the world.

@Darleymikey Oh, I misunderstood then.. I thought you said things had improved. I meant 'anatomically' of course, hope you understood *blush*
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited June 2015
    Mm.. i dunno :/ i respect your opinion and all that but i must be honest. I am truly embarrassed threads like this show up every time we get something cool.
    It is for free after all, and it is a whole world. I didn't pay full price base game so I'd get patches. It might have been missing previous base game features, but i knew that before i bought it, and i certainly didnt expect to get any of them back without paying. So i am very grateful for all this free stuff.
    But like i said, I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrased and kinda ashamed this thread might be seen by gurus. Because i am extremely excited and thankful for a new world. I wish i could just hide this thread because its just not very nice to be so ungrateful! I guess nothing is ever going to be enough for some...

Gurus, I'm sorry

What? Is this really what these forums are coming to? Why are you apologising for others? I can speak for myself, thanks!

I, personally, have never asked for new worlds or lots. I choose one and I stay with that. I own ALL of the Ts3 worlds and I use, maybe, 3 of them in total. Just because something is free does not mean I have to either like it, want it, or be grateful. Because believe me, I certainly am not!

--T

ETA: To tell a lie, I have asked for a remake of Makin' Magic's Magic Town. That would be ideal, for me!
  • Options
    AviendhaRSAviendhaRS Posts: 268 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm excited for a new world. Will definitely help with one of my saved games because I went a bit ham and made a huge $#@ family. Unfortunately I'm stuck atm with my 3 teen daughters. I want to age them up and work on their families but there's not enough lots. It would be weird if I started evicting everyone and only had that family line in all the houses lol.
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Azarinop2 wrote: »
    I just wish they expanded Willow Creek as it would make more sense. Remember how they expanded TS1 neighbourhood? Like why annoy me and make me travel to a place that looks EXACTLY like Willow Creek. It's like giving me a ham sandwich without the butter (i like butter on me sandwiches, fatty me). But you know what I mean!!! I don't want the world selection having useless empty clones of each other. Just my opinion. Xxx

I can see what you mean because I did think the picture of the new world was Willow Creek. Although, I guess it might be the risk of lagging that cursed TS3 which might be the reason behind keeping the worlds the size of neighbourhoods/cul-de-sacs.

I think I get the sandwich illustration too... except I'm allergic to dairy so I won't be even sniffing butter any time soon! ;)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    What's CAW? I've been seeing it a few times around the forum. I have no idea what it is.
  • Options
    HCSau wrote: »
    What's CAW? I've been seeing it a few times around the forum. I have no idea what it is.

Create-A-World.

--T
  • Options
    Thank you @To7m

I do miss that from TS2.
  • Options
    HCSau wrote: »
    Thank you @To7m

I do miss that from TS2.

You're very welcome!
    I've never tried it myself. Am not very good at building anything to be fair lol.

TS3 CAW was too baffling and TS4... Well, what do I even say about that? There isn't one.

I've been playing TS2 a lot recently so I'm thinking about trying my hand at the CAW in there.

There's always a first time for everything!

--T
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    So. How's Newcrest?
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    missmani09 wrote: »
    So. How's Newcrest?

It broke my game. Only answer was to uninstall/reinstall so I got fed up and turned off after ten minutes of frustration and stress.
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 Wow that's horrible. Broke your game even after removing/having no mods?
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    I actually don't want this new neighborhood at all. It's so ugly and a waste of HD space
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    So. How's Newcrest?

I found it disappointing. I thought we were getting an empty world to customize and we got a neighborhood with empty lots and backdrops so actual customization is pretty limited. If you want to build a really unique area it's going to look strange.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 Wow that's horrible. Broke your game even after removing/having no mods?

Yep. I've had variations on this update bug since pools. Started with lines of coding instead of commands so couldn't understand what the sims options were. Advice was to uninstall/reinstall. This patch instead of lines of text I got zero text in those commands. Same answer. Considering how often they patch this game it's not worth it. I'm totally mod and cc free and I'm not the only one suffering this either-those who helped me knew it well.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @sparkfairy1 Geez! My patience is way too thin. I probably would have exploded and gone on a rant on these forums Lol.

What kind of computer do you have? Windows version? Game card? Not computer savy. Just curious.
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 Geez! My patience is way too thin. I probably would have exploded and gone on a rant on these forums Lol.

What kind of computer do you have? Windows version? Game card? Not computer savy. Just curious.

Desktop, windows 7, exceeds specs, dedicated graphics card. I basically upgraded for sims 4 before I knew it would be cut so much. I expected great things....
  • Options
    stacylynn79stacylynn79 Posts: 269 Member
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    Some people are never pleased...

But that's life eh

And then there are people who are pleased with breadcrumbs...
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    edited June 2015
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    Some people are never pleased...

But that's life eh

And then there are people who are pleased with breadcrumbs...

IELvxQi.gif
    I choked on breadcrumbs..
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    The bigger problem it seems is not the free hood they added. They could add 15 more free hoods but you won't be able to customize, resize, or add more sims to your game because they will just cull them. The new hood doesn't really expand anything because there is a hard coded limit that says you can't have more than 180 sims period. What's the point in having all these new houses if you end up with only a sim or two living there momentarily until the game culls them.

EA needs to address the underlying problems in this game, patch the bugs, and make the game function correctly. They advertised emotions as a selling point but everyone knows thats broke too. Traits have no value as far as I can see because no matter what you do you end up with all sims behaving the same way. I uninstalled TS4 a few weeks back so they can keep their free hoods as far as I'm concerned.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited June 2015
    I want to know why they gave us two 20x15 lots. We're not all doing the tiny house challenge.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    JaciJade wrote: »
    The bigger problem it seems is not the free hood they added. They could add 15 more free hoods but you won't be able to customize, resize, or add more sims to your game because they will just cull them. The new hood doesn't really expand anything because there is a hard coded limit that says you can't have more than 180 sims period. What's the point in having all these new houses if you end up with only a sim or two living there momentarily until the game culls them.

EA needs to address the underlying problems in this game, patch the bugs, and make the game function correctly. They advertised emotions as a selling point but everyone knows thats broke too. Traits have no value as far as I can see because no matter what you do you end up with all sims behaving the same way. I uninstalled TS4 a few weeks back so they can keep their free hoods as far as I'm concerned.

I am so unhappy with how this game is progressing too. Of course nothing is getting done. I can't stand to look at the Sims 4 icon on my desktop. So I uninstalled it too. Currently playing the Sims 3.

Ah, oh well. Maybe Sims 5 I guess.
  • Options
    So. How's Newcrest?

Lol I wouldn't know... I didn't even bother to update.

How's New Orleans? I've always wanted to go!

--T