Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will the next EP be?

Comments

• Options
    isfreakisfreak Posts: 117 Member
    I hope they someday make it where we can have roommates/apartments.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    It seems that pets is quite likely to be the next expansion. Its not really an expansion I would consider one of the most important, but whatever. It would be fun to see kittens running about.

Personally, I'm dying for more musical instruments and probably a more involved musician career with live venues and stuff. That would be awesome.

I think that roommates could be added in a patch. That would make the game so much more interesting.
  • Options
    Invisible88Invisible88 Posts: 24 New Member
    I'm hoping for Generations-type because I'm sure Seasons will take at least another year or two to develop. I want some things to differentiate my teens from YA/A. Also, I'd love some cute hobbies for my elders to enjoy like pottery, sewing, knitting, etc. I wouldn't mind a pre-teen life stage either because it feels weird to see a 6 or 7 year old turn into a 17 year old. Fingers crossed they would free the babies from the bassinets! Oh, and toddlers.. Duh.

If not Generations, I'd love to see a pack solely for hobby related things and fun things to do around town like improved parks, community pool lots, bowling alleys, movie theaters, sports, games for kids to play, and such!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,011 Member
    edited June 2015
    I am thinking we will get a game pack first too. I would like to see toddlers so I can start building more families. There need to be more things for teens and kids too. I am thinking since it is summer we may get an island game pack or something where there can be swimming in oceans and such. I hope they don't wait too much longer for toddlers. I would much rather have toddlers before pets. I am thinking they might bring toddlers out just before introducing pets. I have been wrong so many times about what they are bringing out.... I'll just wait and see, I like what they have brought out so far.... They need to just keep adding.... Especially the interactive stuff. I am still having a good time with the active careers. With Newcrest I am adding more retail, and venues. One thing I don't want is a rabbit hole movie theatre! Just give me a popcorn machine, soft drink machine and some candy bars inside of see through counters. They could also add a theatre person behind the the counter like they do for bars nightclubs and lounges. Also bring out the rope and poles from hidden objects. I don't like rabbit holes. When they bring out restaraunts I don't want rabbit holes either. Give me real restaraunt stuff!!.... And throw in a hot dog stand!
  • Options
    LilipiesLilipies Posts: 314 Member
    my convo with a sim guru:

Lilipies wrote: »

btw do you know if the gurus or developers are taking a look at the big "family play" issue? It seems to be quite the popular topic and where all of the main arguments and unrest is coming from. Everyone is complaining that the gurus will never look into this issue, and im almost certain that's false. You guys listen.......sometimes (jk) :)
    p.s. @SimGuruDrake thank you for being so suppourtive

They have been taking a look and I have been going in there as well to gather feedback to bring to the team. And it is no trouble at all, my purpose is to gather the feedback and pass it along to the rest of the team :)

it's nice to know that they've been seeing the suggestions
    tumblr_n4b0w18ct11rcso6uo3_250.gif
    check me out on the gallery!! origin id: simalie
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    my convo with a sim guru:

btw do you know if the gurus or developers are taking a look at the big "family play" issue? It seems to be quite the popular topic and where all of the main arguments and unrest is coming from. Everyone is complaining that the gurus will never look into this issue, and im almost certain that's false. You guys listen.......sometimes (jk) :)
    p.s. @SimGuruDrake thank you for being so suppourtive

They have been taking a look and I have been going in there as well to gather feedback to bring to the team. And it is no trouble at all, my purpose is to gather the feedback and pass it along to the rest of the team :)

it's nice to know that they've been seeing the suggestions
    Oh yes there will be a family ep at some point whether it be another generations ep or family stuff added to seasons or prehaps both and I believe toddlers will be coming to the Sims 4 at some point.
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    The new world gives hints for a new downtown area next, possibly hinting at a late night or apartment life style EP

There's also been hints towards pets, so my bet is on one of those two
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    MyDarkSimsMyDarkSims Posts: 534 Member
    I want something to do with weather, like natural disasters, and maybe an amusment park/fair type expansion pack :#:D
    tumblr_newjmcFwHD1r2nmjyo1_500.gif

• Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I hope it has something to do with late night and brings in another life state ( AND TODDLERS DARNIT). I don't see how pets would work with this game so I hope it's not pet.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    ecm18ecm18 Posts: 71 Member
    @dorendia122 Same. I feel like it's wayyy too early for pets. I'd like to see them eventually, but not yet.
  • Options
    Charell88Charell88 Posts: 30 Member
    I'm hoping for a vacation/travel pack. But more like Bon Voyage/Island Paradise and not like World Adventures. I love the France, China and Egypt scenery but I'm not really into adventures. Going on an adventure doesn't feel like a holiday for my Sims. And I know we have outdoor retreat but I mean more of an extensive travel pack. But we should probably have seasons to make that interesting so that they can also go skiing.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Charell88 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a vacation/travel pack. But more like Bon Voyage/Island Paradise and not like World Adventures. I love the France, China and Egypt scenery but I'm not really into adventures. Going on an adventure doesn't feel like a holiday for my Sims. And I know we have outdoor retreat but I mean more of an extensive travel pack. But we should probably have seasons to make that interesting so that they can also go skiing.

I so agree! I'm also hoping for a return of Bon Voyage style EP.
    I need Twikii Island in the sims 4.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    missmani09 wrote: »
    But maybe some "Fame" or "Glamor" exp. Something that will look totally cool with new trailers but will eventually be another $40 down the drain.

Whoops. Let me stop being Bitter Brittney.
    (No offence to any Brittneys.)

Maybe they could have a Britney Spears themed EP to appeal to the young fans who they are trying to captivate?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Toddlers Deluxe - Only 49.99
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Generations, Hopefully!
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited June 2015
    From looking at this thread I reckon (yes, I used reckon) that EA needs to come up with some new ideas.

There are different ways to interpret themes. You can mix and combine. A lot of what I am seeing are remakes or remakes of remakes.

Come on guys, when did these threads get so stale? Are we also running in place here and can only imagine what's already been done?

I'd love for them to impress me with something totally new, or a combination of older ideas into a new/unique theme.

I'd love the city theme, but instead of clubs IMO it could have been great to mix it with business, but it's been done in GTW.
    In my perfect world you'd have City, business, restaurants, apartments, hotels and playable careers all in one EP. Those who don't make it up the ladder go rogue or are rebellious in nature or go "against" business, are the rebels that protest and mark graffiti - making it pretty true to the urban cultures without going beyond a "T" rating. I could rant all day about this idea I have.
    BUT that won't happen sooomovingon...

So I'd like to see a city world with a Superstar-like theme, adding in sports to round off the music/athletic/artistic/model career ladders and all placed within a booming city.

Save the clubs for another party GP or something. Seriously aren't there already enough bars and party stuff as it is? If not, enlighten me. There's really only so much you can do with this idea before you incorporate strippers.

Maybe a travel/weather pack to add variety to worlds - that combines adventuring activities and weather. Climb some mountains, surf some waves, scale some canyons...you know. Sporty and adventurous. Maybe have sims run marathons or skydive. From the sky, not a machine.

Oh course, this is EA. They'll rather sell us 10 watered down Eps and Gps over a 6 well rounded EPs worth asking price.

Womp.

Well OP there is what I'd like to see in this game. I don't own it as of now but as you can see, it might take a lot to impress me. But I'd like to at least get creative juices flowing here.
    Post edited by PsychYourMind08 on
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    How about something completely different and brand new. Something never before explored or played. I just want something with a lot of new items and things to do. A family ep, sp, gp would be great
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    cant wait to see whats next. I would imagine a GP is coming next, but as far as the next EP is concerned, it's hard to know what these guys are doing behind the scenes. The flow defies logic, so... who knows. LOL

The bigger question really comes down to, what's gonna be a game pack and what's gonna be an EP -from the recycled stuff. I feel like GP's are a way of recycling older EP themes, just toned down. Could Seasons be a GP? I think so. I think Apartments could too. So many EP's have a central theme with lots of little things to "fill it up" to EP status. I can see some stuff being split and re-introduced in new cool ways. OR for example, gives us a piece of Bon Voyage and World Adventures... and I can see other GP's bringing other vacation style themes. Vacations are in there, just need more sub hoods with specific things to do (that of course can be done in the worlds too).

The next couple years will be interesting to say the least. I think EP's will have room to explore new things.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    I think Late Night is the next ep due to the city being very close in Newcrest and Hottubs returning in a Stuff Pack.
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    how about toddlers game pack ;)
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I'm hoping for Generations-type because I'm sure Seasons will take at least another year or two to develop. I want some things to differentiate my teens from YA/A. Also, I'd love some cute hobbies for my elders to enjoy like pottery, sewing, knitting, etc. I wouldn't mind a pre-teen life stage either because it feels weird to see a 6 or 7 year old turn into a 17 year old. Fingers crossed they would free the babies from the bassinets! Oh, and toddlers.. Duh.

If not Generations, I'd love to see a pack solely for hobby related things and fun things to do around town like improved parks, community pool lots, bowling alleys, movie theaters, sports, games for kids to play, and such!

Love your ideas for family play and group activities - completely agree!

The only thing I will add is that I don't want them to limit some activities to certain ages. I mean I'd love for them to add pottery, sewing, knitting, etc., but they should allow sims of any gender or age to do them. I really dislike it when they limit our freedom by restricting certain sims from doing activities.

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member
    Game Pack - Farm Life
    Expansion - Family Pets (toddlers AND pets)
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    Game Pack - party life with DJ Booths and Dance Floors
    Expansion Pack - Family Time - add toddlers, other family items, cute clothes, and some funky stuff for teenagers/ya to amuse the younger players - otherwise maybe something like Seasons, I think "Pets" might be a ways off, plus if people get dogs before they get toddlers - there may be a bit of a ruckus.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    pinkpuppy12pinkpuppy12 Posts: 71 Member
    I'm thinking they'll go with either a Night Life expansion, because a city in the only neighborhood "style" we don't have yet, other than a beach town.
    Seasons is always an option, but I think they might go for adding more content before adding seasons, though this would be my choice for the next one.
    Another possibility would be a Generations expansion that answers everyone's (except for me) prayers for toddlers. Though it would really be disappointing if those who wanted toddlers had to pay for them with an expansion.
    tumblr_nd5dlgfEcF1tx5stvo4_500.gif
    <center></center>
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    The only thing I can say 100% positive about the next expansion is it's going to cater to single adult Sim play Probable Nightlife type expansion.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"