Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm happy with new space, but Newcrest is so ugly

Comments

• Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    And a big 500MB space for a small map :(
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    tumblr_npswwmtmyh1up0k3mo2_1280.png
    Yep, as soon as I saw that I thought 'OMG is that ugly!'

It's even worse than the map views for the other towns, and I didn't think that was possible until now :D

• Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    The world looks nice from what I've seen, some blurred pics, some very shiny pics I'm not that impressed but it's nice to look at. It's a shame about the map looking so awful I remember an old render of a Sims 4 map that was a lot more pleasing on the eyes this map it's just pure lazy like all the other maps I've seen but this one is the laziness looking of all.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    tumblr_npswwmtmyh1up0k3mo2_1280.png
    Yep, as soon as I saw that I thought 'OMG is that ugly!'

It's even worse than the map views for the other towns, and I didn't think that was possible until now :D
    That map looks miserable.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    edited June 2015
    It looks so ....... unfinished, amateurish, facebooky..... ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ...... urghhh

Willow Creek's and Oasis Spring's world map is nice, then come Magnolia Promenade which is dismal, and then Newcrest which is just... my grandmother can draw better map than that! Talk about quality going down the drain.

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    :( I thought it fit into the Sims 4 world nicely.

It's not what I want but it fits into the whole One World of TS4. :)
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Newcrest allows you to build houses, community lots, and retail lots on the empty lots provided.

If you don't want to build, there are possibly millions of the lots on the Gallery to download. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I thought it was nice, at least the pics I've seen of it look nice. I've yet to get in game and even download the update.
  • Options
    RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    I kind of like it. I guess I'm trash :persevere:
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    You don't play the game on the map.....
  • Options
    edited June 2015

It's not! compare with Willow Creek and Oasis Spring's map. they look far better and complex. It's a game made by big gaming industry EA for crying out loud
  • Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    I like it, a family member finds it to be lame though.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

It's note! compare with Willow Creek and Oasis Spring's map. they look far better and complex. It's a game made by big gaming industry EA for crying out loud

Oh, I understand expecting more for a Huge game like The Sims... but EA is into less is more- from the looks of the game and in my opinion. :(

It's sad but it fits into the whole game. :)
  • Options
    TurquoiseManiTurquoiseMani Posts: 38 Member
    I like it. Though I haven't done anything with it yet.

Why complain about a free map?
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    These?

Map4.png

Map3.png

map2.png

map1.png

They all look the same 'quality' to me :/ Magnolia Promenade & Newcrest look a bit sparse but if I had all of the lots built in Newcrest it would look just as full as Oasis Springs & Willow Creek.

I guess I don't see the difference...

My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2015
    It looks so ....... unfinished, amateurish, facebooky..... ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ...... urghhh

Willow Creek's and Oasis Spring's world map is nice, then come Magnolia Promenade which is dismal, and then Newcrest which is just... my grandmother can draw better map than that! Talk about quality going down the drain.

I like the new world and the game's UI. People have diferent opinions deal with it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    I see the difference. The first two look more detailed. They have little side roads, mini (realistic looking) houses, water towers, boats, and just little details. Newcrest looks like a 5 year old drew it with the giant block buildings and block houses. It looks like they got lazy. I'm not complaining, I'm seriously happy we got more space and you don't play in map view but I do agree with the OP on the look of it.
  • Options
    These?

Map4.png

Map3.png

map2.png

map1.png

They all look the same 'quality' to me :/ Magnolia Promenade & Newcrest look a bit sparse but if I had all of the lots built in Newcrest it would look just as full as Oasis Springs & Willow Creek.

Thanks for posting the map comparison MandysAMess. that lake though, the lack of scribble for water in Newcrest, the sparseness, the lack of complexity, it's like the designer is super lazy. I'm a graphic designer myself so I can see that these map's quality sucks at least to me. I appreciate the theme, in the beginning... but when Magnolia Promenade came, and then this. ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ it's 2015 for crying out loud.
  • Options

I like the new world and the game's UI. People have diferent opinions deal with it.

I like the new world too but ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ that map looks so ugly. You can see they draw nicely the Willow Creek pavilion by the lighthouse, in Newcrest, they just copy paste block of houses. It doesn't look consistent, it looks worser
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Honestly, for me, the team has bigger fish to fry then worrying about the map view. I prefer they spend their time implementing more meaningful gameplay.
  • Options
    TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    With all the houses in, it still just looks super empty. So I'm thinking with expansion packs they might expand on it.... but probably not
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    These?

Map4.png

Map3.png

map2.png

map1.png

They all look ugly to me. I guess I'm just used to the colorful maps of TS2 and TS3.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2015
    These?

Map4.png

Map3.png

map2.png

map1.png

Thanks for posting the map comparison MandysAMess. that lake though, the lack of scribble for water in Newcrest, the sparseness, the lack of complexity, it's like the designer is super lazy. I'm a graphic designer myself so I can see that these map's quality sucks at least to me. I appreciate the theme, in the beginning... but when Magnolia Promenade came, and then this. ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ it's 2015 for crying out loud.

I like the design :) And the degrade of the blue/green is really apealing to my eyes :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    All the maps kind of look llike poo. I wish they were detailed.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    These?

Map4.png

Map3.png

map2.png

map1.png

Hmm. Good point. They're all ugly!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif