Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you going to upgrade to Windows 10 when it is time?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    jc_16jc_16 Posts: 42 Member
    jc_16 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's like excited when Microsoft releases a new version of Windows? I hope it'll be available on the 29th at midnight. lol. I also do that w/ games.

Anyway, why would someone decline a free upgrade?

What if the free upgrade messes up your computer? I mean, if it's not compatible with games you play or anything and has a sucky interface that's trying to hard to look like a tablet, then it being free doesn't matter. Free is not always better. :)

Especially when I've heard more bad things about 8/8.1 then I have good, I'm not jumping for joy at a free offer to upgrade to their next installment.

Idk I've jumped from Windows 7 to 8 with no problems same for 8 to 8.1. and no, I didn't do a clean install. I've used the upgrade option so my files and apps can be kept. I have no problems when it comes to drivers too. About for the apps compatibility, idk. What I do know is that I can play most of my game (Sims 2, 3, 4, The Walking Dead) works on my Windows 8.1 laptop (I've also installed the technical preview and all of them works). idk about rct 3 though since I've lost my disc for that game. The Reservation app also checks if your PC and apps is compatible with Windows 10. Mine says that I'm good for the upgrade.

Windows 10 does have a desktop mode to make the UI more friendly for those who have keyboard and mice. They've added the start menu back with a more modern look. The UI now works better for both tablets and desktop since they've learned to make a good UI that is both great for tablets and desktops.

And yes free is not always better. I have a friend who has Yosemite installed and he said that the old version of iWork was better since he said that apple removed a lot of features on the new iWork.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Maybe, I haven't really done any research on it yet. Windows 8/8.1 is actually tolerable if you install a program that gives you a start menu.

Oh goodness! Windows 8 and 8.1 didn't give you a start menu? not really selling me on Windows 10 then lol

Wait, don't we have to install Windows 8 and 8.1 to get Windows 10? If I will have to do all that, it's not worth it.

Windows 10 will have a start menu. For the most part people hate(d) Windows 8. (I tried the beta of 8 way back, despised it and bought my system with Windows 7 64 bit installed.) I've reserved my copy of 10, but I'll wait a while to install it. I want to make sure my games are fully compatible and so on. But it looks like it's going to be a great OS - I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2015
    I use Windows 7 and have no issues with it. Most of the rest of the family is on Windows 8.1, as is the computer we have hooked up to the TV, so I've had a bit of use of it - enough to be less weirded out than I was. I'm hearing good things about Windows 10 from people who use it. And I really do appreciate the chance to upgrade for free, rather than sit waiting for my OS to be outdated and unsupported then pay through the nose for a new one. (My computer is my own custom-build desktop, upgraded as needed, so the laptop thing of needing a new one anyway and just getting the OS on that doesn't apply.) I'll give it a few weeks before I upgrade, though, partly to make sure kinks are out of the system and partly because I need to do it at a time in my schedule when I'm prepared for things to go wrong.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    No, I'd rather not add additional compatibility issues and learn a whole new operating system that probably will be as badly implemented as Windows 8, I'll stick to Windows 7 thanks.
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Probably not, I don't trust new OS's until they've been out a while.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    HaitakaHaitaka Posts: 289 Member
    No, I like Windows 7... I tried Windows 8 and I didn't like it. I will maybe upgrade to Windows 10 if many people like it
    tumblr_inline_nwa6au39531rd9om8_500.gif

Alone in the darkness, it's so cold and crazy
    And everybody’s heartless,
    got no one to save me
    But f it imma be all right, wake up and rise