Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want to know what you've been doing in TS4 GTW!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Millie_KittyMillie_Kitty Posts: 25 New Member
    > @litabelaqua said:
    > I started with the Doctor career, which is beyond boring when you reach level 10, so I started a store selling paintings. My sim has the buyable traits for creative genius and marketable and can now paint masterpieces worth 12k, so im working on getting the store filled with 12k masterpieces. She is also doing the science career and at level 10 is also starting to get a little boring but is still much more fun than the doctor career. I havnt done detective yet.

I think you'll enjoy detective a lot. My favorite from just watching videos has got to be the Scientist career.
  • Options
    > @Spacey72659 said:
    > I have two GTW games going. One was a pair of room mates, Phineas the scientist and Taffy my budding retail shop owner. Taffy opened a boutique/bakery (which is now just a bakery b/c the boutique was taking away all the bakery sales :( ). Phineas's life goal was to discover aliens. Taffy ended up getting abducted (poor Phin) and meeting a nice doctor - who happened to be an alien (imagine my surprise when I moved him in, went to work with him and THEN only realized this LOL!!). Phineas struggled but finally created a satellite which allowed him to attempt alien contact. He was ever so pleased to be abducted afterwards, even if he did feel sick later on. He was quite surprised to birth an alien bay girl but also quite thrilled.
    > Phineas now has two alien children, is debating between a nice normal girl and a beautiful alien he just met (thanks to his wormhole generator) for love interests (he's not getting any younger!) and Taffy has a son with her doctor (alien) boyfriend (who sadly passed away, but his ghost visits now and again). She is also debating selling her giant retail lot and purchasing a smaller Victorian style house and renovating that into a coffee shop/bakery. (That was the plan but I spent an hour in the game redecorating and it crashed, so.... pffffft).
    > *(Phineas and Taffy are the two Sims on the far right of my siggy)
    >
    >
    > Also - I have Mulder and Scully on the case (as a detective and doctor respectively) investigating all the weird things around town and looking for proof of aliens. Mulder does not get why Scully refuses to accept aliens are real, and Scully just wants to have a normal Sim life, but it's hard when you live next door to Spooky Mulder. She loves him though, weird as he is, who wouldn't? ;)
    > *(I made my siggy before I did my X-Files LP)

Who doesn't LOVE aliens!?
  • Options
    > @Spacey72659 said:
    > aj_4182 wrote: »
    >
    > I've been playing all the careers in one household with a girl doctor, a boy detective, and an alien girl scientist. I've also opened up a retail store on one of my other saves called "Brooke's Little Bakery". I am trying to get my female alien sim abducted in her disguise to see if it'll work... does anyone know if that would even work? lol :smile:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes. My Disney legacy I made Elsa an alien and she got abducted while in disguise.

Btw, your youtube channel is amazing and I can't wait to hear more from you!
  • Options
    > @asterravos said:
    > Here are the highlights of my game :)
    >
    > I'm playing my avatar simmie, Sinead, and she's a bit... frightening. She was recently promoted to sergeant and the road getting there was an interesting one for sure!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sinead married a co-worker... at work. It was hard work 'earning' that promotion ;)
    >
    >
    >
    > Her husband is now a stay-at-home dad. It was really for the best considering who their daughter's best friend is.

Nice! You made me laugh a lot! LOL
  • Options
    > @sillyangel0906 said:
    > I started out with a retail photography/painting shop. That was really fun until I got the glitch where the store suddenly loses all fund, can't be sold, or opened, etc.
    >
    >
    >
    > After that I moved on to the medical career. Didn't get too far i it before my Sim became an elder and I had her retire. But what I did play was pretty fun.
    >
    >
    >
    > In the next generation I tried out the detective career. Probably my favorite so far. I love the animations and interactions.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I haven't tried the science career yet but the 3rd generation in my family is about to age up so one of them will become a scientist :)

The Scientist career in my opinion is AMAZING!
  • Options
    tyubabird228tyubabird228 Posts: 90 Member
    My legacy founder, Zachary Renaud, started as a detective. I felt it didn't fit him as well though and switched him over. Zach's now level 7 of the Doctor career, married to a woman he met while still a policeman, and they have four daughters (Alexia, Arya, Aisling, & Alana), and his wife Kathleen is pregnant with their first son (and last child), Asher.
  • Options
    I plan on getting TS4 but right now I have TS3 for Xbox 360. I just started yesterday, so not much has been done. I hope I get my sim "MillieKitty" to go to her first day of work today but, yeah. I hope to hear more from you guys and Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    I look at every single post on this thread but sometimes I do get busy... Make sure to check back and maybe I will comment on your post as I always try to do... Happy Simming!
  • Options
    Don't forget to tell your friends about the thread!!!!
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    > @Spacey72659 said:
    > aj_4182 wrote: »
    >
    > I've been playing all the careers in one household with a girl doctor, a boy detective, and an alien girl scientist. I've also opened up a retail store on one of my other saves called "Brooke's Little Bakery". I am trying to get my female alien sim abducted in her disguise to see if it'll work... does anyone know if that would even work? lol :smile:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes. My Disney legacy I made Elsa an alien and she got abducted while in disguise.

Btw, your youtube channel is amazing and I can't wait to hear more from you!

Thanks @Millie_Kitty :)
  • Options
    nebaginebagi Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2015
    I feel like ive barely touched into the expac. I've JUST made it to detective in one of my games. Same game i opened a retail store but haven't been back (more so cause the store i created blows, so want to redo). Scientist only made it to the freeze ray stage and in doctor still an intern. So yes, only touched a tip it seems. But I'm putting off aging in some games so i can keep going on the career and see it rather than having my sim become an elder and no end.

oh, and just only had my legacy sim (out of all my games) get abducted recently, he became preggo. Then game glitched and reverted to my last save before he was abducted. He was abducted again but no pregnancy that time. i was bummed, I wanted to get to the baby alien :(

edit: cause i cant grammar
    UQwKoOH.jpg

Origin ID: Otradama
  • Options
    > @nebagi said:
    > I feel like ive barely touched into the expac. I've JUST made it to detective in one of my games. Same game i opened a retail store but haven't been back (more so cause the store i created blows, so want to redo). Scientist only made it to the freeze ray stage and in doctor still an intern. So yes, only touched a tip it seems. But I'm putting off aging in some games so i can keep going on the career and see it rather than having my sim become an elder and no end.
    >
    > oh, and just only had my legacy sim (out of all my games) get abducted recently, he became preggo. Then game glitched and reverted to my last save before he was abducted. He was abducted again but no pregnancy that time. i was bummed, I wanted to get to the baby alien :(
    >
    > edit: cause i cant grammar

Good luck on trying to get the baby!
  • Options
    > @Spacey72659 said:
    > Millie_Kitty wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks Millie_Kitty :)

No problem... Like I said I try to read and respond to every comment :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    > @stilljustme2 said:
    > Liam O'Dourke and his wife Sawyer live in Willow Creek with the three children they have together (Emily, Colleen, Brandon) and the son (Sirius) Liam had from alien abduction. He's (I think) level 7 in the Scientist career. I'm planning to actively play the eldest daughter (Emily) and the alien son (Sirius) after they age up; Emily is going to own an art gallery/photo shop and sell her works, while in another household Sirius is going to be a detective.

Sirius reminds me of Sirius Black from Harry Potter! XD

Sirius is the name of the Dog Star, and I wanted an astronomical type name -- that's where I came up with it. If the baby had been a girl, I was leaning towards either Starr or Andromeda.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I'm this close to the top of the Scientist career. For the first time, an alien came through the wormhole generator to this side. I had already met him when I took my home rocket to Sixam. Of course, it wasn't the nice alien who came through, it was the mean one. I'm thinking that if he stays in town, I'll move him into Vladimir Putin's house.

I've been planning to play at retail next, but I still haven't got to that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I've been doing the science career with my 3rd generation heir and it's been very fun. I love the ray gun and the robot invention thingy. I've done all of the careers now and really enjoyed them, especially the scientist and detective. I've also done a retail shop, which was really fun as well.

JgtHI4B.png

TZE8q12.png

ICXU5SK.png

There's been alien babies finally!

fTuFniF.png

SafKz38.png

Ohhh and illness's. These do not look like pleasant ailments!

xGqjN4a.png

dwe5OZg.png

RR3FB24.png
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I started with the Science career and had lot of alien babies in 5 households. Then they patched the game and I lost interest in the science career. The career got boring doing the same stuff all the time. At first there were way to many abductions and male pregnancies now there aren't any.

I did not like running a store so at the moment my Sims are astronauts. The GTW objects are nice additions but not really digging the GTW careers. I did build houses in the new hood but in my game it does not spawn any collection points or have any wild plants. It's boring and kind of a bummer living there!