Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How 'Smarter Sims' react to a fight

In Sims 2 audience participation was the norm, lots of jeering or cheering depending on the relationship to the fighting sims by the 'audience'. Here we have 2 guys rooting for the 2 girls fighting in a jealous rage over 1 of the guys.
sims%202%20fight_zpsjcf1jehe.jpg

In Sims 3 the watchers were reacting to the violence. Either watching to see the outcome or cringing as they watched the punches flow. The 3 girls in this pic show how they are reacting to 2 guys brawling in a bar, with one looking on and the other 2 cringing as the blows fall.
sims%203%20fight_zpsuo9af0de.jpg

In this image in Sims 4 there is a serious domestic violence issue going on here by a divorced couple hellbent on tearing each other apart over custody of the 'Super Smarttech CoffeeMaker' given to them as a wedding present in lieu of the promised dishwasher (the actual cause of the divorce) . The 2 girls on the sofa, IN THE SAME ROOM, (and part of the same social group as seen by the grey plumbobs) seem not to notice as they are busy discussing the demise of the money off coupons in the now defunct Sims Daily Herald
sims%204%20fight_zpsea8ebrc6.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    Weirder stories.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    The two female sims are probably so used to the divorced sims fighting that for them it's the norm and at this point they just don't care anymore.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    Yup....

Hopefully this gets fixed in a patch, much like the cheating.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Actually it was recently patched where sims will stare at sims in a fight but it doesn't seem to be enough for me. I want cheering and booing etc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Yup, seen this SO many times when I was playing TS4.
    I'm like...really? No one is going to react to this?
    This was my experience:
    So I was trying to create a story whereas a faithful husband gets seduced by another female Sim & he falls for her & they end up sleeping together. So one day, the husband and side chick decide to woohoo. They go into a room to get it on. Unbeknownst to the husband, his wife comes home early from work. I have ALREADY made the husband and side chick start woohooing and I instructed the wife to enter the same bedroom WHILE the side chick and her husband are woohooing.

The wife just stands there. Smiling. She looks around the room and then autonomously walks away to go watch TV.

What the ???? Now if this were to be the Sims 3 or the Sims 2 it would have been on & poppin'.
    Actually in the Sims 2, a Sim would have walked right up to her cheating husband and slapped him crazy!

So then I attempted to have the husband "get caught cheating" again. This time, I had the wife Sim walk in the bed room FIRST and THEN instructed the husband and side chick to woohoo. This time the wife gets the "Angry" moodlet and she autonomously gets "Be jealous" interaction with her husband. But...that's it. Then she goes back to smiling and sits down & starts having a casual conversation with the side chick.

This can't be life.

So then I instruct the wife to yell at and insult the side chick & eventually fight her. The husband just stands there smiling & doesn't even react to them two fighting. Now had this been the Sims 2, the husband would at least have ran over to watch the fight & probably would have been rooting for his wife to kick the side chick's butt. But this is the Sims 4. Anyway. Nevertheless, they fight & the wife is very angry now.
    But then she AGAIN sits down & has a funny conversation with the side chick.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The girls where morning the loss of toddlers in their closed world that they just don't care about their parents fighting.

Just like the players, they have long since given up
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    geekchic96geekchic96 Posts: 154 Member
    It's really ridiculous that sims just stare blankly at fighting, with all the different emotions in the game reactions to fighting could be great. A hotheaded/angry/evil sim could instigate the fight and cause more trouble and a cheerful/good sim might try to break up the fight and tend to the losers wounds. And with Get to Work added EA could've went the extra mile and added ambulances so the wounded could go to the hospital and a 911 service so sims could call for help. Talk about missed opportunities.
  • Options
    kaichen04kaichen04 Posts: 376 Member
    @missmani09

Your signature GIF is so appropriate for this thread.

tumblr_mkyav8DYk91qk7scno1_500.gif
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    I've always heard the smart thing to do during a fight is to not get involved.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    geekchic96 wrote: »
    It's really ridiculous that sims just stare blankly at fighting, with all the different emotions in the game reactions to fighting could be great. A hotheaded/angry/evil sim could instigate the fight and cause more trouble and a cheerful/good sim might try to break up the fight and tend to the losers wounds. And with Get to Work added EA could've went the extra mile and added ambulances so the wounded could go to the hospital and a 911 service so sims could call for help. Talk about missed opportunities.

Great ideas. I wish emotions were more about how sims react to their surroudings than being "get energised to unlock a special workout" or "get focused to get promoted".
  • Options
    geekchic96geekchic96 Posts: 154 Member
    > @kaichen04 said:
    > geekchic96 wrote: »
    >
    > It's really ridiculous that sims just stare blankly at fighting, with all the different emotions in the game reactions to fighting could be great. A hotheaded/angry/evil sim could instigate the fight and cause more trouble and a cheerful/good sim might try to break up the fight and tend to the losers wounds. And with Get to Work added EA could've went the extra mile and added ambulances so the wounded could go to the hospital and a 911 service so sims could call for help. Talk about missed opportunities.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Great ideas. I wish emotions were more about how sims react to their surroudings than being "get energised to unlock a special workout" or "get focused to get promoted".

I agree completely. It would really add some much needed depth in the game if this were the case.
  • Options
    missmani09 wrote: »
    l2Kf7rKl.png
    Scandalous husband on a date with his mistress one night.

gdUBbqRl.png
    He invites the mistress over the next day while his 5 kids and wife are all gone.

k7Z7pr7l.png
    They eventually decide to take things to the bedroom.

e80rdWTl.png
    Wife returns home from work early.

agm6QHOl.png
    Something's strange, ey?

ed6bvdrl.png
    Husband and side chick about to woohoo.

ZTVsTLol.png
    Wife enters bedroom.

0vbCV6Xl.png
    The plot thickens.

59XuBj3l.png
    Stands there...

nYpwzyQl.png
    And stares at the wall.

PvbK4XOl.png
    Starts casual conversation with the mistress.

xrFWUWDl.png
    I had to FORCE them to argue.

OvxdXwTl.png
    And eventually fight.
    Husband walked out the room to drink a glass of milk. :|

J17UUm2l.png
    Mistress went into kitchen to continue flirting with the sim guy while the wife was STILL in the home.

I will never forget that day.
    I was so eager to create the best drama filled scene only to find out I had to FORCE them to be angry or to argue with one another.

The reactions were just so .... omg. I can't even.

I hate that I have to repeatedly mourn sims for my sims to feel sad a loved one passed away.
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    actually, bystanders not caring about whats going on around them is quite the norm in the real world today...
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    ahahaha omg this is so funny and so sad at the same time.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    :D I just died of laughter. It's really sad that so much detail is missing from this game.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    The two female sims are probably so used to the divorced sims fighting that for them it's the norm and at this point they just don't care anymore.

I thinks it's actually EA that don't care anymore sadly, this lack of detail sums up the lack of care put into this game and highlights how little they understand the importance of the small things.

Talking about lack of detail.....I have a question. It's been a while since I opened my game so can someone tell me....did they even bother with bios this time around? You know the cute little blurbs that tell about the Sim and a little of their story.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Mm last two times I had jealousy/mourning situations, it was pretty normal. Although it was jealousy from the Ex, which was weird, and resulted in some drama. The mourning involved a sim nearly dying, but the "witnessed death" moodlet remained, making the sim sad practically all the time for the next 3 days, continuously crying about the ordeal.
    So, I'm slightly confused,
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options

I thinks it's actually EA that don't care anymore sadly, this lack of detail sums up the lack of care put into this game and highlights how little they understand the importance of the small things.

Talking about lack of detail.....I have a question. It's been a while since I opened my game so can someone tell me....did they even bother with bios this time around? You know the cute little blurbs that tell about the Sim and a little of their story.

That's a good question, the bios where a cool feature from the original and there was no question about removing them from TS2 or TS3
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    I enjoy the Sims 4 and I do seek out the positives in it, but not even my optimism can trump such a poor display of absolutely no attention to detail - Which is very disappointing.
  • Options
    I enjoy the Sims 4 and I do seek out the positives in it, but not even my optimism can trump such a poor display of absolutely no attention to detail - Which is very disappointing.

It was that 'attention to detail' that brought people into The Sims. It is the lack of such which is pushing people away.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    missmani09 wrote: »
    One day I was playing with a sim household, and I saw one of the sim child (I forgot her name) run off all the way to her bedroom.
    I was confused as to why she was running away.
    So I centered on her and found out she was running away CRYING!
    0qVfcCgl.jpg

I got upset and protective and started yelling at my screen "WHO UPSET MY LITTLE GIRL!!? >:("
    Then I saw her thought bubble.

m8kkp4Kl.jpg
    She was actually upset with her FATHER!
    I was like wait, what happen? What's he doing?

I clicked on her father to find out he was flirting with another woman in the neighborhood. :o
    I guess she must have witnessed it.

That is amazing. Thta kind of reaction should be the norm.