Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Detective career: I can't find the suspect!

I swear i have issued a APB at least 4 times now and every single time i sit there and wait for my suspect to come and i just can't find her. Anybody else having this problem?

Comments

• Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    edited April 2015
    How many clues do you have in your notebook before you issue it? I like to have at least 4, maybe 5. What are the clues you are getting? Maybe she's there but you are not recognizing her from the way the clues are written?
  • Options
    JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    Also sometimes I noticed the clues are wrong too. There was once I tried to arrest who matched it but she never came with me the person ended up wearing a different outfit
  • Options
    Oh, you also need to make sure you are not using clues from a previous case. They will point to the wrong person.
  • Options
    AphiaDeMieuxAphiaDeMieux Posts: 10 New Member
    I do check all of my clues but nobody comes by with that description. This is my first case and i have at least 5 clues on this woman and yet she keeps slipping under my nose every time i go looking for her :( Criminals, i swear!
  • Options
    So i'm pretty sure i have found the suspect seeing as she meets every single thing on my clues yet when i go to arrest her she says she isn't the one. I'm all out of options. :(
  • Options
    What are the clues?
  • Options
    Female, Brown hair, Long sleeve shirt, Skirt.
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    I have seen a lot of posts like this, but honestly in my game it's the complete opposite and I'm not finding it challenging enough.

I make my detective do a lot of prep work before I issue an APB, so they usually have 5 or 6 clues to go on. When I turn up at at the APB scene the suspect is always the first person standing in front of my sim, so I've never had to interview anyone else or go searching for them. They always fit the clues exactly as well, I've never had any of them turn out to be false, and after interrogation the suspect is always guilty.

I'm not sure if the issues people are having is due to a bug of some kind, or if my game is the one that's bugged! I'm sure it should be harder than it is in my game, because it seems way too obvious to have the suspect magically appear in front of me at every APB. If this isn't the case, then perhaps it's just because I've got a lot of clues.

Does your suspect fit every single clue you have? If not, try searching for ones who almost fit the criteria, but are maybe different on one clue or something. Do you also interview the other sims at the scene to see if any of them point someone out?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yes! I've found sims who fit the bill completely but say they aren't it. :( Maybe i'll try the almost meeting the criteria..
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,642 Member
    That's really strange, I can't really tell if it's a bug or intentional.

For my game, it's pretty straightforward too. Maybe you should try to 'ask about suspect' to the sim that you think matches the evidence and see what they reply. For mine, they would say something like, "I've never seen such a person before." Also, you should ask other sims and see where they point towards.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    me3_0862AAB56me3_0862AAB56 Posts: 1 New Member
    With my detective I went on my 5th APB and the description of my suspect was elder female with grey hair, long sleeve shirt, skirt, and is an art lover..... and after waiting for such a long time for someone who fit the description I asked people if they've seen someone like them and after a little while a woman said "isn't that HIM right there?" and I arrested the man and he was the criminal! An young adult, male, black hair, long sleeve shirt, and jeans! My point is though that you should ask people about it because it can be different than you expected. :*
  • Options
    JueJueJueJue Posts: 80 Member
    This is happening to me right now. She has 7 clues and no one ever fits the description. I ask everyone is the vicinity and all they say is "I haven't seen anyone like that". I've spend 4 sims days and multiple locations trying to find my perp who is apparently in disguise. Do anyone know if or how you can drop the case and pick up a different one?
  • Options
    RetrospaciveRetrospacive Posts: 74 Member
    Usually, they're really easy to find lol. Just keep analyzing fingerprints and evidence, and cross reference, and adding clues to the case bulletin board. :)
    Bring Me The Disco King.
  • Options
    Lauralou64Lauralou64 Posts: 61 Member
    I know the original post was a year ago, but I am having this problem currently. My detective has solved 3 cases so far and this one is impossible! I have 6 clues, have asked everyone in the vicinity about the suspect and they either say they can't help me or haven't seen anyone like that. I even tried arresting the wrong person (female) when the suspect is a male! I'm almost ready to quit this job and start again! I have fulfilled solving 2 cases for my promotion and don't even get promoted. Please help!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    Lauralou64 wrote: »
    I know the original post was a year ago, but I am having this problem currently. My detective has solved 3 cases so far and this one is impossible! I have 6 clues, have asked everyone in the vicinity about the suspect and they either say they can't help me or haven't seen anyone like that. I even tried arresting the wrong person (female) when the suspect is a male! I'm almost ready to quit this job and start again! I have fulfilled solving 2 cases for my promotion and don't even get promoted. Please help!

Hello @Lauralou64
    Try coming back the next working day and see if the issues may be fixed then. You can use the promote cheat to go to the next level if you would like to.
    Type in
    testingcheats true
    Then type in
    careers.promote Detective
  • Options
    I have been trying for several sim days, putting out several APBs too. But thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    Lauralou64 wrote: »
    I have been trying for several sim days, putting out several APBs too. But thanks for the suggestion.

I am sorry that you are having issues. You may need to have your sim quit the career, then rejoin it and use the cheat code to have sim promoted back up to the level where he was.
  • Options
    I am wondering if it may have something to do with having two cases open at the same time, there is evidence in my inventory from two different cases and how does the detective know which one he's working on? I probably shouldn't have traveled to a crime scene before the current case was solved, maybe?