Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

to get or not to get

have played all sims games up till now.. am currently still on sims 3 with no real motivation to move to sims 4.. have seen some vids of people playing and they just don't inspire me.. whats one reason to move over to sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    There isn't one, imo. If you like TS3 stay with it. :)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Because you want to. Since it seems like you don't want to, there's no point.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    If you're already not feeling motivated to move games, even after watching people play, you don't need persuading - maybe you've already figured out that you're happy with what you have. And I say that as someone who really likes Sims 4.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Sims 4 is worth it no matter what; it is way better than the previous Sims games

You can do what your heart wants to do in the Sims 4. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    kiwiboy18kiwiboy18 Posts: 123 Member
    If you are going to get Sims 4 I suggest waiting until it's on sale. As it stands even with the game pack, expansion and upcoming stuff pack I couldn't pay full price for this game.

Or wait a year or so and see what updates and new content this game brings
  • Options
    Raynic781Raynic781 Posts: 205 Member
    If you need someone to give you a reason to play or do something, then you probably don't really want to play it at all. I've realized if I don't like how a game looks or plays when I watch someone else play it, I most likely won't enjoy it playing it myself.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    You're not ready that's fine. the Sims 4 isn't going anywhere, there's still time. You buy games knowing you'll get you're moneys worth of play time and enjoyment if you don't feel that with the sims 4 yet or ever that's completely fine.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    If you want to try it, you can buy it on origin and then within a day you can get a refund if you decide you don't like it. Just make sure not to wait too long and accidentally miss out on your refund; the time frame for refunds is only 24 hours after you first launch the game.
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    jeff20pvpjeff20pvp Posts: 67 Member
    The only thing I like most about Sims 4, compared to the other sim games, is the character creation detail. The world editor is sad, the emotion system is a joke, the traits are dumbed down...If you are liking 3 then stay there.
  • Options
    jeff20pvpjeff20pvp Posts: 67 Member
    The only thing I like most about Sims 4, compared to the other sim games, is the character creation detail. The world editor is sad, the emotion system is a joke, the traits are dumbed down...If you are liking 3 then stay there.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Only because it's new - if you like to build that is sooooooooooooooo much easier in TS4.
  • Options
    KattycakeKattycake Posts: 274 Member
    I'm with most of you. Don't waste your money babe. Buy a pizza. Or two or three! Sims 2 is great. And Sims 3 I like a lot. You'll appreciate Sims 3 if you play Sims 4, at least I did, I uninstalled 4 and went back to 3 like AHHH BREATH OF FRESH AIR I CAN SHOP FOR GROCERIES. Oh and Sims 4 has no dishwasher. Can you believe it?
    dsxTOuZ.jpg
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    edited May 2015
    @Kattycake wrote: »
    I'm with most of you. Don't waste your money babe. Buy a pizza. Or two or three! Sims 2 is great. And Sims 3 I like a lot. You'll appreciate Sims 3 if you play Sims 4, at least I did, I uninstalled 4 and went back to 3 like AHHH BREATH OF FRESH AIR I CAN SHOP FOR GROCERIES. Oh and Sims 4 has no dishwasher. Can you believe it?

Sims 4 has online shopping. Gardening is what i call playing game, and you can always drag the dishes to the sink manually <3
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    In another thread on this forum someone basically said they didn't like the game at first but mods saved the game for them.

Personally I do not have any mods and I enjoy the game very much. For me it was well worth the money.

I can't specifically say it's one thing that keeps me playing because I like a lot of things in the game.

Everything is good except the autonomous flirting that goes on and that family play bites but not impossible to play with a family.

Single Sims or a couple of Sims as roommates is very fun. I had the most fun completing the deviant aspirations and the player aspiration. It's also fun to play roommates with conflicting traits. OMG it's fun to play!

Watching someone play is not the same as playing the game yourself.

Do they still have play it free promo going on?
    What about download and return within 24 hours policy?

IMO it's worth a try!
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    OP, back in September, I was like you. I knew that I had enjoyed Sims games in the past but after reading reviews, watching some videos and lurking these forums, felt rather ambivalent about picking up Sims 4. I ended up buying it anyway.

After giving it a good several days, my initial review of the game was a 6 out of 10. Compared to Sims 3, TS4 seemed lackluster So much was missing. I abhorred (and still do abhor) the loading screens. I missed (and still do miss) the open world and CASt. The one saving grace was player-made Challenges. Challenges made the game fun. Basically, Challenges allowed me to get my money's worth out of TS4, so I have not regretted the purchase whatsoever, even though I'm not blown away with the game itself.

Here's my definition of "money's worth". A game has to pass one of two tests. Either I have to enjoy the heck out of it (regardless of length) OR the cost-per-hour-played has to be $1USD or less. Since I've played more than 100 hours, TS4 has passed the cost-per-hour test.

I drifted away in November and have just recently returned. I'm playing Challenges again. My updated review? Sadly, the game is still a 6 out of 10, but Challenges are still fun.

My suggestion to you is to decide whether you think you can get your money's worth from of the game. Consider, too, whether you can afford to lose the purchase price if it turns out you absolutely can't stand it (and wait too long to return it). If the answer to both those questions is yes, buy it. If not, pass.

I think it's on sale from Origin now, yes?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Nope, I'm in the chorus of people that absolutely love the game. If you are not motivated...I don't suggest you buy it.
    After some time passes if your actual interest grows, try for it when it starts to go on sale.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
    Just understand that you are going to be stuck in the same couple of towns for a looonnngg time. Mods ain't gonna fix that.
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Mods have been fantastic! Only starting to see the true benefits they have for the game.
    Aussie_Simmer