Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why isn't Canada an option for country?

NyixNyix Posts: 32 Member
Not that there is anything wrong with the USA, but I'd like to be able to select the country I actually live in. I'm sure I'm not the only Canadian that plays The Sims.

Comments

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited May 2015
    Because all of North America=USA, because the rest of us aren't relevant.

Haha, no. A lot of countries are left off. I mean the only English countries listed are USA and Australia, even the UK isn't on there, so it's not surprising they didn't include Canada. We often get lumped with the US anyway, so when the selections are so limited it's pretty much a guarantee that we'll be counted as USA. Plus I think there's only different listings because the forum is in a different language or has slightly different categories (though I've never used the other forums so idk if it's true) so we just don't have anything different to make a specific Canadian forum.

I do wish I could list myself as Canadian not American, but oh well. I get why they do it.

• Options
    @dreamerz13 Well now don't I feel dumb? That makes total sense with the different language options. I didn't even realize that most of the UK isn't listed.
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    If I had to guess, I'd guess because Canada's language and time zones are the same as the U.S.
  • Options
    > @Sue_D_Nim said:
    > If I had to guess, I'd guess because Canada's language and time zones are the same as the U.S.

I'm thinking you're probably right. IT would just be nice to put the actual Country I'm in, I guess.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    The Sims 4 eh?
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    How aboot that game?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think a country that sells its milk in bags should be acknowledged as a separate entity from the USA. :(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I think a country that sells its milk in bags should be acknowledged as a separate entity from the USA. :(

Most of Canada doesn't actually do this. This is more of an Eastern Canada thing. So we'd still have to have 2 separate Canadas, and I do not want to be in the "American" Canada. Nope. Sorry.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

Most of Canada doesn't actually do this. This is more of an Eastern Canada thing. So we'd still have to have 2 separate Canadas, and I do not want to be in the "American" Canada. Nope. Sorry.

It's only Ontario, even. I have no idea why everybody else, everywhere, doesn't do it. Because obviously we in Ontario are doing it right, eh?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

GASP. Matthew Santoro lied to me. D:

For all I know, you guys don't even use Monopoly money as legal tender or have the beaver as your national animal.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited May 2015

It's only Ontario, even. I have no idea why everybody else, everywhere, doesn't do it. Because obviously we in Ontario are doing it right, eh?

I've heard Newfoundland does it too. But IDK, I'm on the other end of the country where we don't so I just go on what the internet tells me. I do have to say the concept interests me... I hate the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cartons so much, they always split on me when opening them, and the jugs cost too much.

GASP. Matthew Santoro lied to me. D:

For all I know, you guys don't even use Monopoly money as legal tender or have the beaver as your national animal.

Well our money is close enough to monopoly money. It's all colourful... and plastic (well monopoly money is paper, but it still enhances how our money is not like real money). Also apparently our 100 dollar bills smell like maple syrup (I'm still waiting to get my hands on one test this though) which I realize monopoly money doesn't smell like, but it's still worth of mention. Don't worry the beaver is our national animal too. Nobody would lie about that.
  • Options
    Ah the majestic beaver. They are so dang cute and destructive! Don't get me started on milk bags. My husband is the only one that drinks milk in the house and we go through waaaaay too many in a week. I'm in Ontario obviously. lol My sister who was out in Nova Scotia says they bought milk in bags or cartons. You could go plum crazy and get it in a glass jar too!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    I want a picture of these milk bags. I would google it, but honestly I'm kind of scared to. :o
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Here you go:

the_future_of_dairy_milk_in_a_bag-460x307.jpg

(We have a nice stainless-steel pitcher for our bags)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    Thank you! That looks very interesting. I bet it keeps longer than milk cartons because of less air but also is probably damaged (punctured) more easily.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    It definitely tastes less like cardboard.
  • Options
    SimblingssSimblingss Posts: 55 Member
    Did anyone grow up carrying them around in the summer time pretending they were cold babies? No? Just me? Okay
    Gallery: Simblingss
    Build Showcase: Retail, Room and Home Builds
    Youtube: Simblingss
  • Options
    @Simblingss LOL Probably just you. Amusing though.