Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

incest and twins??

So I don't know if this has only been happening to me but since I installed GTW my relationships have become totally wacky. I have kids and parents or siblings randomly becoming romantic interests and they even get jealous and sad. Also every single time my sim gets pregnant they are always having twins... there aren't enough worlds or space for all of these sims... :(

Comments

• Options
    sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    You have the incest & polygam mod installed then, there is no incest in this game. Never heard somone having this kind of issue with the base game.
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited April 2015
    sidney216 wrote: »
    You have the incest & polygam mod installed then, there is no incest in this game. Never heard somone having this kind of issue with the base game.

Don't be so quick to assume it's a mod. Go check out the bug thread for Sims 4. I think you'll find it in the Technical forum. There is a known incest bug. That's part of the reason why the team put the family tree in the game. And, even after the latest patch, players are still reporting inappropriate options for related Sims to flirt with each other or have some of their interactions give them a romantic aura; for example, a father showing affection for his daughter can put them both in a flirty mood.

And those reporting that bug are not using mods.

ETA: Check out this thread. And they're not using mods:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/826480/romantic-interest-with-son#latest

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    TaraWinksTaraWinks Posts: 46 Member
    I have this problem and no mods. It's a bug. A very annoying bug.
  • Options
    CommanderKeenCommanderKeen Posts: 614 Member

OMG.. the audacity of some people.

Dude, this game has had an incest bug in it since it's release. There have been dozens if not hundreds of threads on the subject, and it's even in EA's patch notes (their attempt at trying to fix it). With a monthly patches, forgive me if I don't recall which of the eight patches it was.
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    I had this bug as well. I used a couple cheats to fix it. Look up TwistedMexi's Sims 4 Cheat list,should be the first link on google. I used the destroy relationship cheat then went back in and used the add a relationship cheat and modify a relationship's level cheat.

Basically the destroy relationship cheat makes it so the two Sim no longer have any type of relationship. Then you have to go back in and fix the relationships on both Sims and then you can choose to fix the level of their friendship if you want to. TwistedMexi's list explains how to use all the cheats.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    Leslie1988Leslie1988 Posts: 7 New Member
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    The game degrades after I play a save for a long time. I just upload my Sims and builds to my library and start a new save. It will be bug free for about 3-7 generations for me. Some can play longer.

I read a thread in which the OP of that thread went 14 generations before the incest bug kicked in.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    And these sims are suppose to be smarter sims. Not.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    The game degrades after I play a save for a long time. I just upload my Sims and builds to my library and start a new save. It will be bug free for about 3-7 generations for me. Some can play longer.

I read a thread in which the OP of that thread went 14 generations before the incest bug kicked in.

That would be me, 14 gens and the one twin got a romantic relationship with his twin, mum and dad! If it happens again I guess I'm doing the destroy relationship and cheat back up thing.

It appears to be more prevalent with twins and both my sims are pregnant with single children for gen 15 (alien wife got one of the twins in the club and he got her preggo too - pregnancy scan confirmed only singles!).

I'll be keeping an eye to make sure no weird relationships develop!

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member

Dude, this game has had an incest bug in it since it's release.

I believed than incest bug/glitch was lack of family tree

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    So far I only encountered romantic interest with cousin but I guess this is not strictly incest ?
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

The issue is with CAS. It mostly happens from using the cheat cas.fulleditmode. But it can happen just by using it to change appearance. I'm pretty sure if someone had an incest mod, they wouldn't be posting an issue about having incest in the game.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    I never download any mod. But they do have this bug ongoing. Eric Lewis in romantic relationship with his mum. It's so insane. I am kind of sick actually. I want to remove that but wouldn't.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited April 2015
    It finally hit me for the first time. No mods or CC either. I've already added it to the bug report at EA. You can use the link in my sig to add yours as well.

IncestBug.jpg
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    My game got weird.

Child son having romantic feelings towards his father.

EWEWEWEWEWEW
    Let them eat cake.
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    Yep, noticed this too with my child girl sim and her mom...
  • Options
    RDorothyORDorothyO Posts: 107 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

The issue is with CAS. It mostly happens from using the cheat cas.fulleditmode. But it can happen just by using it to change appearance. I'm pretty sure if someone had an incest mod, they wouldn't be posting an issue about having incest in the game.

I had no idea it was from cas.fulleditmode, which I use frequently to change the names of my married sims. Makes me really wish they would give us back the ability to change names without cheating.
    Professional lurker.
  • Options
    pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    I seem to have this bug as well. My sim just got a sad face because his father was kissing his mother so I checked under his romantic relationships tag and sure enough he is interested in his father. Please fix this!! This is gross. :(
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I have had this incest bug many times to :D but can never get to have twins apart from one time months ago :/
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Oh boy, I haven't experienced this bug since the Sims 3 Generations days. I don't want this in my Sims 4 games, so I'm assuming there's no fix at the moment.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    I havent had this problem actually, and I am considering if it is triggered by the jealousy behaviour of the game since i have a mod to turn that off.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Incest between twins is called twinsest

Incest between Sims should be called Simcest...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ZxujZxuj Posts: 233 Member
    I have this bug but thankfully they don`t get jealous of each other.
    For Custom Content Free sims and lots look for me: Zxuj in the gallery
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    OMG this is disturbing yet funny. I have yet to see this in my game, although I have seen Sims be in a flirty mood when talking to kids or parents. I guess that could be part of this issue? I'll have to see if they have romantic interests in their parent/child.
    Oooor maybe I won't. I kinda don't want to know!
    It disturbs me enough that all abduction pregnancy kids are related and it ruins the ability to have relationships between them BC of that.
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    I've been quietly giggling away at all these Sims 4 incest bugs for a while now, but then it actually happened to me!

My sims teenage son randomly formed a romantic relationship with her (one-sided though) and started getting really mad whenever she was intimate with his father in front of him. It's weird as well because I've made him gay and he has a boyfriend, but nope, he loves his mamma :|

This was funny at first until it ended up causing loads of fights in the family home, and I had to age him up and move him out...