Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Sounds like fun. No restrictions on lot size?
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Sounds like fun. No restrictions on lot size?
    Nope, just keep the budget in mind.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited April 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM : BUILD N SHARE #164 A TASTE FOR FINER THINGS

NAME: iampes23

LINK TO LOT: will not load-I will update if the website changes it's mind

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s97.photobucket.com/user/iampes23/slideshow/164

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x20, placed lot in Riverview, $84,995

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This house was built using a floor plan which had to be adjusted to fit the lot. The original was a three bedroom. Due to the inability to place a wall to square off the hallway and still keep the angle of the kitchen, the closet is a strange shape.

Niles Corbett is a food critic who loves to cook. He and his cat required a French Country 2 bedroom, 2 bath home including a room to store wine off the kitchen and a study. Since he feels that retro is chic, many of his rooms take you back to yester-years. His cat Buerre Blanc wants space for Niles to grow plenty of cat nip! This house has fulfilled their wishes!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: no cc

Screenshot-1_zpsxztjyynw.jpg

Post edited by iampes23 on
  • Options
    iampes23 wrote: »
    hmmm...so much for sharing my last build

Screenshot-1_zpsawoqzklo.jpg

My comment with link to a brief slideshow went to be approved...anyway, I forgot to go back and post an entry for the last challenge, but this was my house

Post the link here hon, just edit your previous post and we'll add it in :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    iampes23 wrote: »

My comment with link to a brief slideshow went to be approved...anyway, I forgot to go back and post an entry for the last challenge, but this was my house

Post the link here hon, just edit your previous post and we'll add it in :)

Thanks sooo much!! Added and very grateful to be allowed to do so. Almost finished with the current challenge as well--I will not forget again (I hope)!!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    ATTENTION ADVANCED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #164 A TASTE FOR FINER THINGS
    Your results can be seen here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    Intermediate results for Challenge 164 have been posted!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Challenge #165 - Ryunoten, Attornies at Law

NAME: Soocoolsim

LINK TO LOT: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8639068

LINK TO MEDIA: s82.photobucket.com/user/soocoolsim/slideshow/Law%20Office%20and%20Library

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Pictures in link above show the clients in their new office and their open house reception.

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30 x 30. 38 Van Glen St. (Roaring Heights), $79,956

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I'm into 3D lots so had a bit of fun with this one to create something unusual. Since Michael and Evangeline are lawyers, their office represents the scales of justice. The main floor reception desk welcomes their clients who can also go along the right corridor to freshen up in the washrooms before meeting their lawyers. To the left of the reception is the entrance to the elevator. The middle block of the second floor houses the visitors lounge and a snack and bar area great for cocktail and fundraising parties. Michael and Evangeline's offices are to the left and right of this area in separate wings. The top floor houses the shared library and research area.

Have your Sims purchase this lot as additional real estate - you can use the 'motherlode' cheat code to give them a 'loan', lol. If you set the lot type to Library lots of sims will visit to quietly read. To host parties, you can set this as a Park or other appropriate lot. I have Into the Future so I assign this lot as a Business Park. There usually is a lineup to purchase food so you might want to add a buffet table :smile:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: NO CC or CAP

[img][/img]Law%20Office%20cover_zpshcsbd9jw.jpg
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
  • Options
    ElleDaesElleDaes Posts: 72 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Challenge #165 - Ryunoten Attornies at Law

NAME: ElleDaes

LINK TO LOT: www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8645236

LINK TO MEDIA: 112.photobucket.com/user/smwsda/Build-N-Share%20Challenge%20No165/story

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Not included.

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Lot Size: 30x30
    Address: Final play test on 12 Scuba Street, Island Paradise.
    Final Cost: $80,000

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    Theme: Modern, but welcoming. This lot is designed to fit in the in-between of the suburbs and urban big city. The building boasts floor to ceiling windows, plenty of natural lighting, oak and brushed nickel accents, and a relaxing color palette. Random selection has it placed in IP, but could easily fit into any city.

The first floor includes a reception, waiting room, conference room and public bathrooms. There is a front reception desk for support personel to welcome clients and collegues into the building. The expansive waiting area includes three short couches, a digital display, a java station, and a library. The conference room seats up to eight sims and includes a digital display for presentations and demonstrations. Two single use bath rooms are located down the hall from the conference room, each assigned to a separate gender. Emergency signage and exits exist at the front and back of the building.

The second floor includes two offices, two private baths, one outer hallway, and one shared records room/legal library. Michael Ryunoten's office is set up for receiving clients, with a desk, computer and guest seating as well as a mini conference area for consultations with clients. Evangeline Ryunoten's office also has a desk, computer and guest seating, but a couch and living chair in place of a conference space.

The exterior includes the AC unit, electrical, parking, building sign, exterior lighting and landscaping. There are six parking spaces in the well-lit lot. Landscaping includes a bed by the front entrance, fully green and fertolized lawn, and a planter that wraps three sides of the building which doubles as fence and window display for the floor to ceiling windows.

The lot is set as no visitors allowed, but would function well as a library, hang out, java hut, etc.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: NO CC or CAP
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #165**Ryunoten, Attorneys at Law**

LINK TO LOT: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9csz8tdne0wwtyy/The_Law_Library_BnS.Sims3Pack

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s97.photobucket.com/user/iampes23/slideshow/165

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: na

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x30 6 Cherrywood Lane in Twinbrook $79,995

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The new law office is set close to the city but has a suburban look to it on the outside. The outside is a blend of neutral cream/tan and gray with pops of salmon flowers. Inside, the same colors are used with pops of reds (pink for her office). The main floor is slightly modern and includes a children's play area. Micheal's office is done more in leather for comfort, similar to a club for gentleman. Evangeline's office is more classical with a touch of modern here and there. The library is inspired by their ancestors who were also in the field of law, so the furniture looks a bit old fashioned. These areas all flow together with their common colors and delightful decor!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: cc from TSR and MTS as well as my own patterns
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    BNS #165 Ryunoten Attorneys at Law

NAME: ISHTARJMD

LINK TO LOT: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4nn6t2915vp5pcz/Ryunoten,_Attorneys_at_Law.Sims3Pack

LINK TO MEDIA: http://wp.me/p34lt9-lm

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: None

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x40, 260 Sunnyside Blvd, $79,529

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A very pretty and suburban style building. Lovely gardens lead you to a courtyard where the main entrance is located. A second keyed entrance is available for Evangeline to come and go. There is a foyer and waiting room, An office for Michael, an office for Evangeline, a large shared library, 3 bathrooms, a conference room, and a kitchen for lunches. There are several touches of Asian art and furniture throughout, a nice tribute to Michael's heritage.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: TSR
  • Options
    That brings us to the close of challenge #165, keep your eyes peeled for #166....
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Challenge #166 - Alien Encounters

“🐸🐸🐸🐸 storm..” You mutter to yourself, “Why did it have to get so dark so quickly…?” You glower up at the heavy thunderclouds obscuring the evening sun before hurrying off towards your car. An abrupt beam of white light surrounding you stops you in your tracks. “What the-?” Whatever word you were about to say is cut off as the white light becomes blinding.

When your eyes clear, you realize that you aren’t outside anymore. Instead, you’re standing in a new room, with soft music playing from somewhere. Sitting on a kind of couch that looks like it was lifted from a pub, is a blue-skinned man. For a few moments, you just stare at him, absently taking in details like the Star Wars-esque spacer’s outfit, the blaster on his hip and the rapier on the couch next to him.

“Sorry about the abrupt pick up, but I’d rather keep this just between us.” He says, flashing a mischievous smile. “You okay?”

You close your eyes for a few moments, reminding yourself that you’ve dealt with equally weird things. A crime boss. Santa and his wife. An entire village of fairy tale characters. You take a deep breath and put on your professional smile, “Honestly? I could use a drink.” He laughs.

A few minutes later you’re ensconced on the couch with a glass full of some rich alien liquor in your hand. He has one as well and waits until you’ve had a drink of it before he speaks. “My name is Donnell Indigo, and I’ve heard that you’re the best in the area when it comes to satisfying…custom requirements.”

Cautiously you nod, “When it comes to building and interior design, there’s a lot I can do. Are you looking for a landing pad for your ah, space ship?”

“Sort of.” He crosses his legs, sipping his drink with appreciation. “I’m the kind of guy who is very much in demand you might say, and not always by people I’d like to spend time with. I need a place to lie low. This seems like a quiet place and its so far out in Wild Space, it's unlikely I’ll have to worry about anyone bothering me about picky little details.”

Unable to resist, you ask, “What kind of picky details?”

“Oh, small things. You know, comforting lonely women who forget to tell me they’re married, unexpected loans of personal property…little things that really aren’t all that important. Still, people get worked up by those kinds of things.”

‘Great. A space pirate.‘ You think to yourself. “I understand where that could be complicated.”

“Exactly. And sometimes a guy just needs a little downtime. Think you can help me out? I pay well.”

“Depends on what you’re looking for in a house,” you say cautiously. “I make it a point to avoid bothering people with those…picky little details you mentioned.”

“Don’t worry,” he says, raking the fingers of one hand through navy blue hair, “I’m looking for a place to live when I’m here. A bachelor’s pad. Something that’s comfortable with or without female company. But I want it to blend in. I don’t want something that’s going to stand out like a neon sign. I’d like comfortable, loungy furniture. A big masterpiece of a master bedroom and an equally luxurious master bath. I need a secure room in which to store my…souvenirs. And quick, discreet routes out of the house if someone does come snooping around.”

“Sounds doable. How much do I have to work with to make this haven of safety and romance come about?”

Donnell gets up. He comes back with a space-age briefcase and the decanter of liquor. After topping up your glass, and his own, he opens the briefcase and shows it to you. “Go ahead and count it.”

You nod once you’ve finished counting it, “I can do a lot with this. How will I contact you when I’m done?”

“I’ll check back in with you when I get back in the system.”

“Sounds good.”

He smiles over the rim of his glass, trouble clearly being planned in his gaze. “Sounds very good.”

Requirements:

Bachelor pad with loungy furniture

Luxurious master bedroom and bathroom.

Camouflaged in some way or other.

Treasure Room

Hidden escape routes

Budget: 75k

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Tell us about some of Donnell’s adventures.

Deadline: Sunday 31st May, Midnight CMT.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ATTENTION ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #165

Both the Intermediate and Expert results are now available.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ATTENTION ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #165

Both the Intermediate and Expert results are now available.

Thanks for all the kind words! Congrats to everyone on their amazing entries!!

• Options
    mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member
    edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Challenge #166 - Alien Encounters

NAME: Mederouin

LINK TO LOT: www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8665983

LINK TO MEDIA: s1380.photobucket.com/user/mederouin/slideshow/Build%20and%20Share%20166?sort=6
    (Password: Wildspace) Note: All one word and case sensitive.

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:
    “So are you a space pirate, Mr. Indigo.” She asked me her luminescent green eyes staring up at me innocently, but it was always the innocent ones that turned you in when they found their bed empty in the morning. I threw back my head and laughed shaking out my navy blue hair as it hung just to my shoulders. She smiled brilliantly showing her slightly pointed teeth. “No my dear, not a pirate, more like a businessman. All I do is find new homes for things that would otherwise just be collecting dust.” I said delicately running my fingers through her black hair, careful to avoid the fleshy tendrils that had the unpleasant habit of shocking men who got too close. She purred in contentment. “If my husband were to find out he would flay you alive.” She said and I sighed, they always had to bring up the husband’s flaying me alive. Can’t anyone just tell me how dashingly handsome I am and leave it at that, but no they have to go as far as to tell me how I will die a gruesome death if we were caught. Great pillow talk that was, killed the mood right away, pun totally intended. I sat up unwrapping my arm from around her and then stood up from the bed. I could see the hurt in her eyes as I picked up my shirt from the floor and slipped it over my head. I rescued my blaster from the chair and clinched the belt into place. I grabbed the rapier from an impaled pillow, goose down spilling everywhere when it came loose and I slid the thin sword into its sheathe opposite the blaster. It was always good to have a backup. I thought patting the two weapons fondly before I turned back to the girl still lying in bed. She pulled the covers up to her chest as she sat up. “You’re leaving?” she asked and I smiled dashingly at her. “That’s what I do sweetheart, now be a dear and tell me where your husband keeps all his lovey dust magnets.”
    I was halfway across the galaxy before the news bulletin flashed across the screen with a warrant for my arrest. How many was that now? I’d lost count after the sixteenth. I glanced over my shoulder to see the pile of gleaming gems the girl had been kind enough to show me. Surely she was crying at her husband’s feet right now, weaving a tale of robbery and how I forced her. All those girls were the same, rich husbands who are too busy to show them any love. They bite at the first sign of affection. I suppose in a way, I did feel sorry for them, abandonment was something I knew well. The bitter thoughts of my own mother crowded into my head for a moment before I shoved them out and cranked up the stereo the loud beat of the music drowning out everything else. Space pirate, businessman, what was the difference really? We were both as crooked as a drunk man’s walking. I just took what I wanted and they paid blood money for it. So who was the more evil of men? I flicked on the auto pilot and fetched myself a drink. I drank the alcohol in three gulps feeling it burn down my throat in a comforting fashion. That was when things went bad. My music cut off and an announcement blared through the intercom. “Donnell Indigo, you are under arrest, cut your engines and prepare to be boarded.” Announced a voice I knew like the back of my hand. I slid into the pilot’s seat and flicked the controls to manual. “Hello Blair, long time no see.” I said back cheerfully as I messed with the controls getting ready to run. “Donnie, I know what you’re thinking, but I’ve really got you surrounded this time.” Blair said and I switched on the video screen so I could see my sister’s blue face drawn up into a scowl, her navy hair tied back tightly into a braid. “Come on sis, you know you say that every time.” I said still flipping controls and then checking her ships arrangement looking for a way out. Blair sighed, “Donnie please, don’t you ever get tired of running, just return the gems and maybe we can cut you a deal.” “Thanks, but no thanks.” I said and then gunned it. “Donnie.” Blair screamed as I headed straight for her ship. “You’re going to kill us both.” She continued and I smiled like a madman. “Donnie…Donnie don’t do this.” Blair almost whispered and my computer screamed as a weapons lock was detected, “Please don’t do this.” “Sorry sis, you were always the good one. The best big sister a vagrant like me could ask for.” I said, “Bye Blair.” I said and I heard Blair stifle a sob as the weapons fired and I watched the beam of light coming directly at me. “Wait for it, wait for it.” I mumbled under my breath as the computer screamed at me. The light was so close now that I could almost feel its heat. “Now.” I screamed and laughed crazily as I dove down the light just skimming my tail fin as I ducked under Blair’s ship and skimmed her belly all the way to freedom. “Catch you later Blair.” I said and just before I jumped I heard Blair scream, “Donnie…” like only a big sister could, ah was there a sweeter sound in the whole universe? I reclined in my chair, and then sighed looking over my shoulder again at the pile of gems that sat there. Now their beauty looked a little colder and harsher, but this was the life I’d chosen. I sighed again looking forward again at the endless expanses of space around me, maybe Blair was right and it was time to stop running. Maybe it was time to get a little place of my own for when I was felling nostalgic like this. I put my boots up on the dashboard and leaned back further, I had heard of this architect on Earth, this little out of way planet deep in Wild Space, who was known to cater to even the most unusual of requests. I looked at the gems once again and this time they seemed to shimmer with promise.

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40 X40; 77 Subalpine Blvd Hidden Springs; Final Cost: 74,946

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: For this home I really wanted to build it into a cliff for the camouflaging aspect so I kind of wanted the front of the house to be more nondescript and maybe a bit hidden, but I did want to make this a modern-like building so it goes deeper into the lot and cantilevers over the pond a bit. The treasure room is on the ground floor accessed through a sliding bookcase door in the study, there is also a hidden exit within that room that leads to the back patio. Most of the rooms have a least two exits one to the outside, just so that get a-ways are easy for Donnell, but without being to obvious about it at the same time. The Master suite has its own deck with views of the pond and ocean beyond with open master closet and bathroom off of that. The sunken living room makes it more cozy and more intimate. Um... I think that's about it, Hope you enjoy.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    Mederouin, wow. I really LOVE the story and the build. Did you create a Donnell? Would love to see that too.
  • Options
    Well done Mederouin. I enjoyed your story and nice job on your lot too.... we had similar ideas of camouflage :)

I need to skip the challenge this time since the lot I created for this went way over budget. I uploaded it to the Exchange anyway since I usually enter just for fun of the challenge and not as a contest. A pic below of what I had created and my version of Donnell. I hope others join into these challenges. Good luck to all the entrants :D

Link to lot: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8663372

[img][/img]Retreat%20cover_zpsh1rlpi55.jpg

[img][/img]Donnell%20Indigo_zpsbcgzsbvw.jpg
  • Options
    mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member
    Thanks guys, glad you liked the story. I did not make Donnell a real sim character, but that might be fun since I have an idea of the personality he has...not to mention he is a fiendishly, handsome man :D
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    yay, I can't wait to see your version! And OMG SOOCOOLSIM your version is so yummy I wish I were a sim!!! LOL. Your build is also amazing again. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Challenge #166 - Alien Encounters

NAME: ElleDaes

LINK TO LOT: www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8670250

LINK TO MEDIA: s112.photobucket.com/user/smwsda/slideshow/Build-N-Share%20Challenge%20No166

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Not included.

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Lot Size: 20x30
    Address: Final play test on 156 Savanah Lane, Twinbrooks.
    Final Cost: $74,989

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This 1 bedroom 1.5 bath bachelor hideaway is located two floors below the surface under what appears to be an abandoned farm. The main entry way opens into a wide main room, which is segmented by curtains and platforms, to not only break up the space, but to absorb the sound that ultimately echoes through cave like structures. As a space cowboy hideaway, this property features state of the art security including a remote sensor alarm, biometric entry scans, and 5 points of egress (in case unwanted visitors insist upon entry). The property houses a full seating dining room, eat-in kitchen, livingroom, office nook, full floor gym, trophy vault with views, a palatial master bedroom with extensive walk-in closet and attached master bath. And pay no attention to the space ship parked in the barn...it's just hay. You really must see it to feel the charm. Take the virtual tour today or call to make an appointment.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: NO CC, no CAP.
  • Options
    Haha. I went such a completely different way with this one from either of the other two. :) You never know what will pop up.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Alien Encounters

NAME: ISHTARJMD
    LINK TO LOT: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ktnl225ykrw5uu/Alien_Encounters.Sims3Pack

LINK TO MEDIA: http://wp.me/p34lt9-m9

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: None

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:30x40, 180 Wright Way, $74,132

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A bi level modern build with a few secrets. The top floor features an open concept main room, kitchen nook, half bath and laundry. There is also a generous sundeck out back over looking Sunset Valley bay, complete with a hot tub. The second floor is a walk out basement that was converted to the master suite. It features a large bed, custom built fireplace/tv combo, 3 secret exits, a secret passage to the treasure room one level down and a multi head shower. All furnishings are in a contemporary style with a color scheme of deep grey, light grey and blue throughout the build. Not my best build, but modern isn't a style I do often.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: TSR saves the day

Post edited by ISHTARJMD on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #165**Alien Encounters**

skipping this one--just too much going on...and on to the next challenge!! Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    Wow, what a flurry of activity! But that draws challenge #165 to a close. Keep your eyes open #166 should be up soon.

@iampes23 - I am at work until this evening, you have until then to get your entry fully updated :) Hope you get the plumbing situation sorted hon.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top