Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Toddler expansion pack & why EA needs you to buy it.

Comments

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    The game also was a gift to me. A dear friend wanted me to have it. We exchange gifts at birthdays and Christmas, and we have been through a lot together, so she treated me. Now that said. The excuse, "I paid for an incomplete game" is what does not fly with me. @Darkling @WolfEyes you are not using that excuse. So many others are and as @sparkfairy1 says "why do you need an excuse for wanting toddlers?" Just like why do I need an excuse for choosing to have them in an EP. I understand you want them, there is just so much else missing in the game, like color wheel, story progression, and bug fixes, that I would really rather see them all fixed first, then I don't care what kinds of packs they give us. What I feel every time I read one of these toddler posts is that toddlers will some how make the game OK, NO they will not. The game needs so much more, without a good base, toddlers will not work in the first place. I also feel that seeing the way that the babies were done this time that rushed toddlers will not be what you imagine and then the backlash will happen. EA will be d a m m e d if they do and d a m m ed if they don't.......So they are taking the lesser of two evils and not saying anything. I really want a game I can play, I am afraid that toddlers will disappoint many of you if they are in the game, paid for or not paid for. You just do not seem to get anyone else's point but the ones that want the same as you want. Really, I think that all points should be considered and people not be afraid to post what they want and do not want. Whenever there is a discussion about toddlers there is that excuse, well, shouldn't we all be asking that the game be finished instead of asking for just one thing that we want? Do you want a complete game, with toddlers included? What I am trying to get through is that if we are using all of our energy on just one facet of the game, i.e. in this case toddlers, we are leaving out a whole bunch of other stuff just to get them, is that really what we want? Toddlers are not the be all to end all even if some think it is. Please put some energy into getting the game where it should be and then expend all this energy into toddlers. I would rather see them in an EP not just because I can choose to have them or not, but also if they are done badly than I can remove them from my game by an uninstall of that pack as I did with IP in the sims 3 and not have to have them from a patch which I can't remove in order to play my game. I am sorry, I cannot trust that EA will do toddlers correctly that will make them worth having in the game, after seeing what was done to babies and the worlds, there is just so much to fix, and if the stuff was fixed in the game, I would support all of you having toddlers in a patch or in a game pack. Just expend energy into the unfinished game, get it to where it should be then go for what you want as then I think it will be a better experience all around. Now, I hope you understand where I am coming from.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @jimmysnan toddlers is one of many ideas and issues in the family thread. It's the family thread not just a 'toddler' thread for a reason :)
    Yes they do need to put a lot of work into the game-but that doesn't mean we can't hold EA to a better standard. Just because they've consistently let us down in various ways (you too given they left you with an unplayable sims 3!) now is the time to really say this is not acceptable and ask for better. Otherwise we will be on a race to the bottom in all areas of the game, something I'm not happy with.

Just look at the incest bug. Family play thread people like @Scobre are helping the gurus by playing just to replicate bugs and send the saves to the gurus, and every time I see it pop up somewhere I ask those affected to contact the gurus given that they say they are dedicated to fixing it. Sadly though despite all this after eight months there it is still. For a game sold as a truly stable base maybe they need some more staff dedicated to bugs. But still we continue trying to get it fixed and helping out despite not being enamoured with the game yet for the benefit of those who do like the game while we wait.

Instead of arguing over something none of us controls (you say I don't want to hear another opinion but that's not right, I just don't like the justifying why I want something) how about we all start holding EA to better universally? We really have no say over which path they choose, but we can say that we expect the best and stop accepting the poor service we get sometimes. If they want to be 'player first' then maybe they need us to communicate exactly what that means to the community?
  • Options
    PinkJellyBeansPinkJellyBeans Posts: 219 Member
    MzB06 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what some comments of the Sim developers mean by "babies" are a lot of work, and how "toddlers" would be a lot of work? I do not understand this. They were included in TS2 and TS3 with many animations, codes, features, textures, etc....whatever it may be; they had them in the game. So I'm having difficulty understanding how they would be too much "work" to add in TS4....... :/

I know, right? They are acting like this has never been done before and all of sudden it's like "oohh I don't know, it's really hard and expensive". Excuse me, I paid you a fortune for this game and I was promised all life stages to be included, I don't care if it's too hard. You said you built a really strong foundation that can accommodate all of our wishes. Well? I'm still waiting. It's so irritating, argh.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,577 Member
    SimMommy05 wrote: »
    I really feel if EA decides to put toddlers back in the game, they should do it via a patch that everyone who already owns the game can get for free. The toddlers in the patch should include standard interactions, a crib or toddler bed or two and some clothing options. Then if they wanted to do a generations/family expansion pack to help expand them, fine. I would buy that. I just don't feel toddlers themselves should come at an extra cost.
    ^This.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    @jimmysnan I have never had a problem with people posting or having their own opinions with regards to this game. I also am more than capable of seeing and understanding the other side of this issue--I just don't happen to agree with it. I am never going to advocate for the idea of paying for an EP that includes toddlers--which I strongly feel should have been included in the Base Game--instead of a free patch just so that others have the option of opting out of having them altogether. Having toddlers in game for players who don't want the lifestate would only require them to age them up immediately, such a simple action with little to no impact on gameplay. As it stands now, family and legacy players have no options but to do without and to me that seems unreasonable and unfair. The idea that some people would rather others pay $40 for a toddlers EP just so that they are not inconvenienced the two seconds it takes to click on a birthday cake is mindboggling to me.

I don't particularly care for collectibles or gardening but I would fully understand and support others who wanted them in their games for free if EA had decided to pull them from TS4. I just don't see why some people are so dead set against free content that they don't have to use.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    LunqsLunqs Posts: 166 Member
    edited April 2015
    I'd buy it as long as there was some more content, not just toddlers, but if there isn't.
    ps4-shut-up-and-take-my-money-memes-369549.jpeg
    Contract?
    tumblr_m5b80x2g8w1rum37jo1_500.gif

• Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    We should get toddlers for free and a bed for them and small thing of clothing for them and toy or two and rocking chair . Then I pay to get more for stuff them .
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I will not pay $40 so you can install toddlers and a few related family content items to your game the only way I would pay that much is you add new lots, swings ,rocking chairs, Sims able to play ball , Sims able to walking hand in hand , toy for toddlers and things like that . But just to have toddlers . Not me , I have all of Sims 3 and if you said this then I would of never had got all of it .I would of stop at the base game and that would been the end of you getting all the money you got from me. So toddlers should be free ,then I buy more stuff.
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    Darkling wrote: »
    @jimmysnan I have never had a problem with people posting or having their own opinions with regards to this game. I also am more than capable of seeing and understanding the other side of this issue--I just don't happen to agree with it. I am never going to advocate for the idea of paying for an EP that includes toddlers--which I strongly feel should have been included in the Base Game--instead of a free patch just so that others have the option of opting out of having them altogether. Having toddlers in game for players who don't want the lifestate would only require them to age them up immediately, such a simple action with little to no impact on gameplay. As it stands now, family and legacy players have no options but to do without and to me that seems unreasonable and unfair. The idea that some people would rather others pay $40 for a toddlers EP just so that they are not inconvenienced the two seconds it takes to click on a birthday cake is mindboggling to me.

I don't particularly care for collectibles or gardening but I would fully understand and support others who wanted them in their games for free if EA had decided to pull them from TS4. I just don't see why some people are so dead set against free content that they don't have to use.

You left out pools and basements. Both were in Sims 2 and 3 base games and were added to 4 as patches. Toddlers should be no different as they were also in the base games of 2 and 3.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    I'll be disappointed if there was a EP that just focused on toddlers :T I don't even like them that much.
    I rather it come in a patch.
  • Options
    @jimmysnan toddlers is one of many ideas and issues in the family thread. It's the family thread not just a 'toddler' thread for a reason :)
    Yes they do need to put a lot of work into the game-but that doesn't mean we can't hold EA to a better standard. Just because they've consistently let us down in various ways (you too given they left you with an unplayable sims 3!) now is the time to really say this is not acceptable and ask for better. Otherwise we will be on a race to the bottom in all areas of the game, something I'm not happy with.

Just look at the incest bug. Family play thread people like @Scobre are helping the gurus by playing just to replicate bugs and send the saves to the gurus, and every time I see it pop up somewhere I ask those affected to contact the gurus given that they say they are dedicated to fixing it. Sadly though despite all this after eight months there it is still. For a game sold as a truly stable base maybe they need some more staff dedicated to bugs. But still we continue trying to get it fixed and helping out despite not being enamoured with the game yet for the benefit of those who do like the game while we wait.

Instead of arguing over something none of us controls (you say I don't want to hear another opinion but that's not right, I just don't like the justifying why I want something) how about we all start holding EA to better universally? We really have no say over which path they choose, but we can say that we expect the best and stop accepting the poor service we get sometimes. If they want to be 'player first' then maybe they need us to communicate exactly what that means to the community?

You are putting words where they are not my post did not say "I don't want to hear another opinion" I said that there is so much more right now that needs fixing. I hope you get your precious toddlers, but I doubt that will make the game better or stop the complaining!
  • Options
    jimmysnan wrote: »

You are putting words where they are not my post did not say "I don't want to hear another opinion" I said that there is so much more right now that needs fixing. I hope you get your precious toddlers, but I doubt that will make the game better or stop the complaining!

No @jimmysnan I was rebutting your assertion that I, personally, don't want to hear other opinions which is what you said in the post before ;)
  • Options
    keyendeekeyendee Posts: 66 Member
    edited April 2015
    The best reason because EA doesn't want to make all the features in The Sims 4 is because of Piracy! We should know that.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Why does it have to be only one thing EA has to work on? Why can't we all get things we want? I wouldn't tell you to stop complaining about a feature or fix you badly want. So why can't Simmers just help each other get things back into the game instead of getting mad at each other? It seems like the underlining issue is that you aren't really upset at people that want toddlers, but rather at EA for leaving yet another Sims game broken again. I tried warning people that more EPs will not fix the game, but bring in more issues. EA promised that both cars and toddlers would be in the base game. http://thesims4blogger.tumblr.com/post/62013845250/the-sims-4-simifieds-q-a-with-simgurugrant If they don't ever deliver, then there will be a lot of Simmers that won't be purchasing expansions for the game that will help pay for bug fixes/more expansions etc. So best to help each other out if the Sims 4 is going to continue.

The truth is if the base game doesn't continue to sell well, there won't be very many expansions for it like what happened with the Sims Medieval. But the Sims 4 isn't the first Sims game that hasn't done as well. SimsVille was cancelled due to the tepid responses it got. SimMars, MySims Social, and the Urbz 2 were also cancelled. It's up to EA how popular their games are rather than the blame being put onto customers yet again. It's common for corporations to blame customers for products, so I hold the Sims franchise no exception to that. The only thing we can do is let the company know if we like their product or not. It is up to the company to make it fun or not based upon our feedback. So I hope you never stop complaining about what needs to be fixed in the game like I won't stop either when complaining about toddlers and bugs as well. Somehow thanks to the help of SimGuruBChick I was able to get a rare bug of the cupcake machine crashing the entire game fixed. Still struggling to get the incest fixed. Things like emotions and reactions issues with the game mechanics might require a complete overhaul of the engine. But I hope EA fixes things of the game that they claim were selling features in advertisements of issues with multitasking, smarter Sims, emotional Sims, and actual control over our Sims.

We should be able to have full control and have Sims react to events like this and have moments when they are completely sad so we can tell the type of stories we want.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xZn8XUUat8

The game needs to have the full cradle to grave experience from the base game on and that won't happen without a patch of toddlers. It has needs moments like reactions to weddings and Sims reacting to everything around them to happen. We need to have control over our Sims rather than have quests that control our stories. So yes just toddlers won't just fix the game, but it is a needed step along with other things to make the game popular and successful. I think someone mentioned EA waiting for the E3 to announce toddlers as a good PR move. I could see that occurring.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ashangel273ashangel273 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @ashangel273 said:
    > This toddler idea is what I was looking forward to ever since I knew toddlers were removed from TS4. If you need help I am a highly professional coder (in everything). So If you want I can make the toddler expansion pack.

wait is it already made or what?
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

Why does it have to be only one thing EA has to work on? Why can't we all get things we want? I wouldn't tell you to stop complaining about a feature or fix you badly want. So why can't Simmers just help each other get things back into the game instead of getting mad at each other? It seems like the underlining issue is that you aren't really upset at people that want toddlers, but rather at EA for leaving yet another Sims game broken again. I tried warning people that more EPs will not fix the game, but bring in more issues. EA promised that both cars and toddlers would be in the base game. http://thesims4blogger.tumblr.com/post/62013845250/the-sims-4-simifieds-q-a-with-simgurugrant If they don't ever deliver, then there will be a lot of Simmers that won't be purchasing expansions for the game that will help pay for bug fixes/more expansions etc. So best to help each other out if the Sims 4 is going to continue.

The truth is if the base game doesn't continue to sell well, there won't be very many expansions for it like what happened with the Sims Medieval. But the Sims 4 isn't the first Sims game that hasn't done as well. SimsVille was cancelled due to the tepid responses it got. SimMars, MySims Social, and the Urbz 2 were also cancelled. It's up to EA how popular their games are rather than the blame being put onto customers yet again. It's common for corporations to blame customers for products, so I hold the Sims franchise no exception to that. The only thing we can do is let the company know if we like their product or not. It is up to the company to make it fun or not based upon our feedback. So I hope you never stop complaining about what needs to be fixed in the game like I won't stop either when complaining about toddlers and bugs as well. Somehow thanks to the help of SimGuruBChick I was able to get a rare bug of the cupcake machine crashing the entire game fixed. Still struggling to get the incest fixed. Things like emotions and reactions issues with the game mechanics might require a complete overhaul of the engine. But I hope EA fixes things of the game that they claim were selling features in advertisements of issues with multitasking, smarter Sims, emotional Sims, and actual control over our Sims.

We should be able to have full control and have Sims react to events like this and have moments when they are completely sad so we can tell the type of stories we want.

The game needs to have the full cradle to grave experience from the base game on and that won't happen without a patch of toddlers. It has needs moments like reactions to weddings and Sims reacting to everything around them to happen. We need to have control over our Sims rather than have quests that control our stories. So yes just toddlers won't just fix the game, but it is a needed step along with other things to make the game popular and successful. I think someone mentioned EA waiting for the E3 to announce toddlers as a good PR move. I could see that occurring.

I agree with this, but that is not how it has ever been explained. It always seemed to me to be we have to have toddlers in the game, not we need a lot of fixes, I hope they put toddlers into the game along with _______________ and______________. It seems to me to be toddlers or they do not care about anything else, and believe me with the problems I had with sims 3 there is so much more. Yes, keep telling EA what you want, shove it down their throats if you have to, but do not leave out what needs to be in the game also. mI feel that if this game is cancelled then there will not be a sims 5. I also feel that the excuse, I bought an unfinished game, I am entitled to a full game, that does not fly with me, where toddlers are concerned. We all knew that the game was not complete and we purchased it, orr got it as a gift, I ttherefore do not feel "entitled" to anything more than what I purchased. However, it was also said that the game would play flawlessly when I purchased it, and that is what I was holding out for, and the reason I wanted it. Patches break the game, more patches more bugs. This patch ill be an enormous one, hence more bus, more broken things that will not be fixed so some can have content that they want. What about those of us that want to be able to play the game, that we purchased or were given? It is continually said that we all should have what we want in the game, yet, I want the game to play and that is being overlooked by demands like this. When we get toddlers the game needs to be able to handle them and as of now, it is not there, to rush them and force them to happen will just make the game unplayable for some, and the attitude will be well we got our toddlers we will go happily on to playing and too bad for you. Will you all be there when my game will not play because a huge patch was put in and broke the game for me? Probably not, you will be off playing with toddlers that the patch for them broke in my game.

• Options
    ddominicddominic Posts: 352 Member
    We don't need toddlers, that's it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I agree with this, but that is not how it has ever been explained. It always seemed to me to be we have to have toddlers in the game, not we need a lot of fixes, I hope they put toddlers into the game along with _______________ and______________. It seems to me to be toddlers or they do not care about anything else, and believe me with the problems I had with sims 3 there is so much more. Yes, keep telling EA what you want, shove it down their throats if you have to, but do not leave out what needs to be in the game also. mI feel that if this game is cancelled then there will not be a sims 5. I also feel that the excuse, I bought an unfinished game, I am entitled to a full game, that does not fly with me, where toddlers are concerned. We all knew that the game was not complete and we purchased it, orr got it as a gift, I ttherefore do not feel "entitled" to anything more than what I purchased. However, it was also said that the game would play flawlessly when I purchased it, and that is what I was holding out for, and the reason I wanted it. Patches break the game, more patches more bugs. This patch ill be an enormous one, hence more bus, more broken things that will not be fixed so some can have content that they want. What about those of us that want to be able to play the game, that we purchased or were given? It is continually said that we all should have what we want in the game, yet, I want the game to play and that is being overlooked by demands like this. When we get toddlers the game needs to be able to handle them and as of now, it is not there, to rush them and force them to happen will just make the game unplayable for some, and the attitude will be well we got our toddlers we will go happily on to playing and too bad for you. Will you all be there when my game will not play because a huge patch was put in and broke the game for me? Probably not, you will be off playing with toddlers that the patch for them broke in my game.
    I'm sure everyone wants bug fixes as well. Believe me a lot get hit with the nasty incest glitch. I think in general people expect fixes to come every month, but it seems like content is coming less and less often, that's all. Simmers want both. Yes this recent patch and the December one brought a lot of bugs. Patches are due to come and we agreed to a contract that basically allows Origin to force those patches on us. It would scare you reading the EULAs. Usually it's the bug fixes that break the game rather than the actually new content. The family trees, basements, ghosts, and pools weren't the things that broke people's games. I see that excuse for not allowing toddlers to come into the game is a bit unfair. If the game will remain without toddlers, then I want EA to tell me so, so I can wait for the Sims 5. I know what was in and out of the game got changed not long before the release of the game.

I guess I put too much faith into the community before purchasing my game. I thought, well if the community can get back ghosts and pools and careers, there must be a good chance toddlers can return as well. Had I known so many people absolutely hated toddlers, supernaturals, deaths, sandbox, and everything that the previous Sims games had, no I would not have purchased the Sims 4. But oh well, I bought it half off. If it fails to deliver on being a fun game for me, I'll stick to just owning the base game and let people who want a completely different Sims game earn money for the Sims 5. I don't believe the there will be no Sims 5 given and then taken back by EA. Simville and the Urbz 2 and so many other games got cancelled and Maxis is still making Sims games. If they don't want to make them anymore then well that is when games like Cities Skylines come in for SimCity. Part of the Sims 4 budget also got used on another game called Titanfall and EA thought the Sims title was strong enough to sell the game as is: http://simsvip.com/2014/01/29/ea-trades-off-the-sims-4-for-titanfall/

That's good you got a game you liked, but don't expect it to remain the same when EA says it is a constantly evolving game. There is no direction set for it. EA won't even release sales figures for it yet. But yes I do think all patches should be optional. I wish you luck on getting that rule changed because I personally can't stand the abundance of gnomes in my game right now. I hate having Origin required to run and update the game.

But yes I want to see if Maxis is skilled enough to patch in toddlers. I know babies were treated badly and the Sims 1 object approach was used on them. So how Maxis handles toddlers and babies will determine if the engine and the Maxis team can bring out fully fleshed out Seasons and Pets and everything new that EPs will bring. Introducing a new EP did not fix the game which I warned but brought in new bugs. So honestly if you want a game without the risk of more bugs and glitches, it would be safer for EA not to release any EPs and GPs. Patches aren't that much different from EPs and GPs when introducing bugs. Only difference is that one is DLC or a disk you pay for and the other isn't. This month said paid content was due for the next patch, so I wonder what taxed on fees Simmers will have to pay. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/813212/the-sims-4-complete-list-of-content-updates#latest
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    keyendeekeyendee Posts: 66 Member
    gmomasue wrote: »
    I will not pay $40 so you can install toddlers and a few related family content items to your game the only way I would pay that much is you add new lots, swings ,rocking chairs, Sims able to play ball , Sims able to walking hand in hand , toy for toddlers and things like that . But just to have toddlers . Not me , I have all of Sims 3 and if you said this then I would of never had got all of it .I would of stop at the base game and that would been the end of you getting all the money you got from me. So toddlers should be free ,then I buy more stuff.

That's why we need The Sims 4: Generations!
  • Options

The real issue being EA is letting you down too by not testing sufficiently and releasing with a lot of very annoying bugs.

If you were to visit the family thread you would soon realise there is far more than the 'we want toddlers' desires there. Most are asking for a better quality from EA overall-better testing, more robust responses to bugs and a way for us to know they are working on those bugs rather than the annoying bugs which have persisted since release (maids being one!).
    I asked about the incest bug in the ask a guru thread this week because it's persisted in one way or another since September and even though I'm not actively playing right now I think it's important we all try to improve the game because I want to be able to play!

So I will be there fighting for better all along-I don't think we, as customers, should be subjected to game breaking bugs in this amount when like you say they sold it as a much more stable game. In a lot of ways ive not found that statement to be accurate at all!

I don't think it's fair to just blame it on toddlers-all patches have had issues. The real issue here is you've had a bad experience with patches and while it's natural there will be a few bugs TS4 has had some really drastic issues in the patches-and look at december. They promised a super patch to fix a bunch of stuff and it broke a lot of games-then EA was closed for Christmas. That wasn't great planning and it wasn't good enough for customers to be left in the lurch like that over the holidays. Many people would have enjoyed using their downtime during the holidays to play the sims and that will have affected that.

I understand your frustration but I really do think instead of looking to each other in 'blaming' issues we should be looking to EA and asking for a better experience.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

The real issue being EA is letting you down too by not testing sufficiently and releasing with a lot of very annoying bugs.

If you were to visit the family thread you would soon realise there is far more than the 'we want toddlers' desires there. Most are asking for a better quality from EA overall-better testing, more robust responses to bugs and a way for us to know they are working on those bugs rather than the annoying bugs which have persisted since release (maids being one!).
    I asked about the incest bug in the ask a guru thread this week because it's persisted in one way or another since September and even though I'm not actively playing right now I think it's important we all try to improve the game because I want to be able to play!

So I will be there fighting for better all along-I don't think we, as customers, should be subjected to game breaking bugs in this amount when like you say they sold it as a much more stable game. In a lot of ways ive not found that statement to be accurate at all!

I don't think it's fair to just blame it on toddlers-all patches have had issues. The real issue here is you've had a bad experience with patches and while it's natural there will be a few bugs TS4 has had some really drastic issues in the patches-and look at december. They promised a super patch to fix a bunch of stuff and it broke a lot of games-then EA was closed for Christmas. That wasn't great planning and it wasn't good enough for customers to be left in the lurch like that over the holidays. Many people would have enjoyed using their downtime during the holidays to play the sims and that will have affected that.

I understand your frustration but I really do think instead of looking to each other in 'blaming' issues we should be looking to EA and asking for a better experience.

I agree, but whenever I say that I do not want a toddler pack in a patch I get a ration of problems from those of you who want it in a patch. My reasons for this are simple as stated above, I do not want to have another broken game, unplayable and patches seem to do that to my game as they did in the sims 3. I want to be able to play this game, I spent so much on sims 3 and was hardly ever able to play it, and after a patch I had so much trouble with the game it had to be re-installed. My computer is a good rig there was no reason for that other than the patches broke the game. Neither of us can force EA either way to release toddlers in a game pack and expansion pack or a patch, but it just seem that when I post this, no one wants to hear that side of the story, they just want what they want and nothing more, in "I am not going to buy sims 4 until..." so not buying it does hurt the franchise, but, you are not going to get everyone on board with that. We have already purchased, they have our money, now if the energy that has gone into the toddler campaign would just also go into fixing what is broken, as to me they are one in the same, than maybe I would not be so set against having them in a patch. For me a patch equals broken game. I dread them whenever they come out. I understand you do not want to pay for toddlers, I get it, it has been shoved down everyone's throat, we all get it. However, there are some that do not want more bigger patches and more problems in the game that never get fixed. The game plays now, with some bugs, get the game on proper footing then ask to add toddlers, not add toddlers and leave out everything else. What is needed here is a platform that EVERYONE can agree to and go after EA with that plan. I think that platform is getting the game fixed of bugs and glitches and then get new content. I read in other posts that before we get new content the game needs to be fixed and yet the ones that are pro-toddlers or else, do not seem to be on the bandwagon. I too play families, but I play with what I have, as it plays, that is the magic word here, I PLAY with what PLAYS. I have elders running around in their underwear, but I just ignore that.......I hope that gets fixed in a patch, I also get the incest bug, which I hope gets fixed in a patch, there are other bugs that I cannot name off the top of my head right now that others are having problems with and yet, there is insistence that new things be added before any of these things are fixed. Could we just all get on the same page. Toddlers will be no good if the game will not play or they are buggy and glitched, if they are not done correctly they will just be a sham in the game, like the babies are now. I am not saying that you should not have what you want, but come on we need so much more and a better game in general before we start to petition and scream for a whole new life stage. Please before these posts go on and on continuously one stops the other starts, or some come into posts that have nothing to do with toddlers then it becomes a toddler post, think about fixing the game flaws, then I think that it will be time to have toddlers. I think EA has the message that we want toddlers, but they do not have the message that the bugs should be fixed first as they never fixed them in the sims 3 and without pressure they will not fix them here. They will just throw poor content after poor content and move on. Have the fixes happen then have the toddlers. This is my opinion, and I feel as strongly about it as you all do about toddlers. Please understand others points of view as I have considered yours.
    Post edited by jimmysnan on
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    My reasons for this are simple as stated above, I do not want to have another broken game, unplayable and patches seem to do that to my game as they did in the sims 3. I want to be able to play this game, I spent so much on sims 3 and was hardly ever able to play it, and after a patch I had so much trouble with the game it had to be re-installed.
    See that is why I'm not buying expansions or game packs for my game. I know what happened with the Sims 3. They kept releasing EPs, SPs, and store content without fixing the bugs. So far it is happening with the Sims 4 again. People expected it to be without bugs. I've been complaining about bugs ever since I joined forums in December. People have been pointing out bugs since September Did people listen? No, they called us haters for stated their perfect game had problems. It is only now after a couple expansions they are realizing the core issues with the game. So yes I think it is unfair for people to request more GPs and EPs and content for their game, when people aren't allowed to say they miss toddlers or cars which both were mentioned to be included in the base game by Gurus. It gets frustrating to us because EA has ton of time to make all these silly gnomes and keep releasing more content, but won't concentrate on the bugs or things promised and lied to before. I will be done with this iteration if pets are released before toddlers and major bug fixes. So yes I think toddlers are no different than any other content request done by Simmers. It's not fair to say ok that content is allowed to be talked about, but toddlers aren't just because some hate them. I talked about family trees until they were added via patch. I'm not going to treat toddlers any different. It's my game breaker because the more EPs and GPs I see released without them, the less hope I have for ever liking the Sims 4 and expect it to remain left broken again like the Sims 3. If Gurus aren't able to handle a big project like toddlers or find them too expensive, then I don't hold much hope of bug fixes being done right either.

Adding a lifestage via patch is something Maxis has never done before. I want to see how committed they are to the Sims 4 and if they are able to get a highly requested family feature that was part of the base games of 2 and 3 into the Sims 4. Toddlers are going to be one of the most difficult projects along with making worlds bigger and hopefully CAW. So yes I want to see if they can reach the bar the previous games set or not. If the Sims 4 can't handle highly requested features and bug fixes, then all the more reason for us to move onto the Sims 5. Simsville and the Sims Medieval wasn't that popular. Basically Maxis already had the SimCity 2013 show that they weren't willing to listen to customers about fixing the game. I hope the same doesn't occur for the Sims 4, but it might and that is what everyone is worried about. But I'm not holding hope that bug fixes are going to fix everything because Maxis might move on from the game like SimCity.
  • Options
    My reasons for this are simple as stated above, I do not want to have another broken game, unplayable and patches seem to do that to my game as they did in the sims 3. I want to be able to play this game, I spent so much on sims 3 and was hardly ever able to play it, and after a patch I had so much trouble with the game it had to be re-installed.
    See that is why I'm not buying expansions or game packs for my game. I know what happened with the Sims 3. They kept releasing EPs, SPs, and store content without fixing the bugs. So far it is happening with the Sims 4 again. People expected it to be without bugs. I've been complaining about bugs ever since I joined forums in December. People have been pointing out bugs since September Did people listen? No, they called us haters for stated their perfect game had problems. It is only now after a couple expansions they are realizing the core issues with the game. So yes I think it is unfair for people to request more GPs and EPs and content for their game, when people aren't allowed to say they miss toddlers or cars which both were mentioned to be included in the base game by Gurus. It gets frustrating to us because EA has ton of time to make all these silly gnomes and keep releasing more content, but won't concentrate on the bugs or things promised and lied to before. I will be done with this iteration if pets are released before toddlers and major bug fixes. So yes I think toddlers are no different than any other content request done by Simmers. It's not fair to say ok that content is allowed to be talked about, but toddlers aren't just because some hate them. I talked about family trees until they were added via patch. I'm not going to treat toddlers any different. It's my game breaker because the more EPs and GPs I see released without them, the less hope I have for ever liking the Sims 4 and expect it to remain left broken again like the Sims 3. If Gurus aren't able to handle a big project like toddlers or find them too expensive, then I don't hold much hope of bug fixes being done right either.

Adding a lifestage via patch is something Maxis has never done before. I want to see how committed they are to the Sims 4 and if they are able to get a highly requested family feature that was part of the base games of 2 and 3 into the Sims 4. Toddlers are going to be one of the most difficult projects along with making worlds bigger and hopefully CAW. So yes I want to see if they can reach the bar the previous games set or not. If the Sims 4 can't handle highly requested features and bug fixes, then all the more reason for us to move onto the Sims 5. Simsville and the Sims Medieval wasn't that popular. Basically Maxis already had the SimCity 2013 show that they weren't willing to listen to customers about fixing the game. I hope the same doesn't occur for the Sims 4, but it might and that is what everyone is worried about. But I'm not holding hope that bug fixes are going to fix everything because Maxis might move on from the game like SimCity.

You seem to be the only one that makes sense here. You seem to understand that the game should be fixed before more is added. Did you have trouble with sims 3 also? I have never said you were not allowed to say you missed toddlers or cars, I have advocated from the beginning that we need so much more in the game before toddlers come in a patch, but it has always seemed to me to be either you agree that they should be in the game or you are dismissed. I do not care one way or the other, so, I will be more than happy with a patch that fixes broken parts of the game even if it means toddler's in the patch, but, the bigger issues should be at least patched in. I really do not believe that patches should include content, they should be for fixes, and to me, should be fixed, if that means in patches than so be it. However, the energy put out for a now new content rather than have the base fixed, I think is taking away from fixes, they will be working on adding content that will pay the bills rather than fixing the mess that already is. I do not know if this can be understood in the way I mean it. The more the developers are taken away from fixing the broken things in the game by adding the new content either in patches or EP's GP's the less time they are fixing what is broken and you have to admit toddler's will take a lot of work and then the fixes will fall by the wayside. I would like better worlds or a create a world, but I am not filling up every post with that, as I know that the game has to be on stable ground before it can get better, adding things will not make it so, adding things whether they were in other games or not is still time consuming and taking away from the game fixes. If we all demanded for game fixes as much as we demand that content be put into the game, than maybe just maybe the game will get fixed, at least get a stable start, as every patch breaks something else. If the game was stable than I would be asking for things to be added to the game. We keep shoving down the throats of the guru's that we want content, such as new worlds, toddlers, story progression, the list goes on, they think content is the way to go that that is what the fans are looking for, not game fixes. if we could just get together and tell them that we want a stable base for the game than ask for "stuff", we would be a whole lot better off, but people want things and want them free in patches, so the time is taken for that and patches are not taken to fixing what is broken, and breaking more. Toddlers will come, is my feeling and fixes will suffer because fans are asking for that more than fixing the game. It reminds me of when I was building my house, I wanted so many things for inside, but I had to think about water heaters, oil burners and electric and plumbing, not cosmetic things, that I had to spend my money on that so that my house was able to house all the other "fun" things that I wanted. I could not cut corners on the necessities, and if they continue to add in content they are cutting back on the essentials, i.e. a stable game core.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited May 2015
    @jimmysnan
    The problem with that argument, that we should ask for fixes now and toddlers later, is that this is EA we're dealing with. There will always be bugs, there will always be issues caused by patches and by EPs, as well. Anyone else remember the horrible car-spawning issue introduced with the Late Night EP that never got fixed by EA? I do. What about the excavation bug that came with WA? If you go through the EP sections of TS3 forums you will find dozens upon dozens upon dozens of bugs and glitches (many of them never fixed) that were introduced via EP. So the chances of EA breaking a game, whether via patch or EP, are pretty good...almost guaranteed. So, considering that, I will always want free toddlers via a patch rather than pay toddler via an EP. You can channel your energy towards bug fixes if you want, and I wish you the best of luck, but I don't agree that we all have to be on "the same page," i.e. bug fixes first and foremost, with regards to this issue. There are more than enough pages in this book for everyone to choose what's most important to them. I'm not going to put my desire for toddlers on the back burner while championing for bug fixes first because this game will always have bugs. If I sit back demurely and wait until the game is perfect before asking for toddlers, I'll never get them.

Fixing the game and the toddler issue are not one in the same so each person has to the right to decide what's more important to them. It's all about picking your battles--you've picked yours and I've picked mine. Getting the game fixed before new content comes out sounds wonderful but that decision is not one to be made by you or me. That call is made by EA and they will be releasing new content regardless of bug fixes and since that is the case, I want a part of that content to be patched-in toddlers.

With regard to the push for new content (in this case toddlers) detracting from bug fixes, once again that blame needs to be placed fairly on EA's doorstep and not on the players'. EA's main focus will always be with new content rather than bug fixes because, economically, it makes more sense to them. Unless it is a truly game-breaking issue--and by that I mean one that has rendered the game completely unplayable for everyone--the incentive for EA to fix a product that has already been sold is small. Think of EA like a used car salesman. You bought your car as-is and they got their money, so it does not benefit them in any way to fix your lemon for free when the engine or transmission goes bad. The game is the same way. If you already bought the Base Game or Outdoor Retreat or Get To Work, what monetary benefit does EA get out of fixing it? None. They do, however, have a vast potential for making money with the release of new and shiny content.

You seem determined that everyone take into account your experiences and your viewpoint. I have and I understand them but I wonder if you are capable of doing the same. Here's where I'm coming from: My TS3 game ran and still runs beautifully, even with a ton of CC installed. I never had a game-breaking issue introduced via patch or EP and what annoyances I did experience were easily modded away or handled by upgrading my rig. I have never been forced to uninstalled and reinstall my game to fix anything. I've never suffered rampant file or save corruption, inability to load, constant CTDs. Now to be clear, I had the same general bugs and glitches common to all games but overall my TS3 experience has been great, which is why I'm still playing it. So while I can understand why you might not want to upset the applecart by patching in toddlers considering how horrible your TS3 experience was, can you see why I am not fearful of and have no issues with it?
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options

You seem to be the only one that makes sense here. You seem to understand that the game should be fixed before more is added. Did you have trouble with sims 3 also? I have never said you were not allowed to say you missed toddlers or cars, I have advocated from the beginning that we need so much more in the game before toddlers come in a patch, but it has always seemed to me to be either you agree that they should be in the game or you are dismissed. I do not care one way or the other, so, I will be more than happy with a patch that fixes broken parts of the game even if it means toddler's in the patch, but, the bigger issues should be at least patched in. I really do not believe that patches should include content, they should be for fixes, and to me, should be fixed, if that means in patches than so be it. However, the energy put out for a now new content rather than have the base fixed, I think is taking away from fixes, they will be working on adding content that will pay the bills rather than fixing the mess that already is. I do not know if this can be understood in the way I mean it. The more the developers are taken away from fixing the broken things in the game by adding the new content either in patches or EP's GP's the less time they are fixing what is broken and you have to admit toddler's will take a lot of work and then the fixes will fall by the wayside. I would like better worlds or a create a world, but I am not filling up every post with that, as I know that the game has to be on stable ground before it can get better, adding things will not make it so, adding things whether they were in other games or not is still time consuming and taking away from the game fixes. If we all demanded for game fixes as much as we demand that content be put into the game, than maybe just maybe the game will get fixed, at least get a stable start, as every patch breaks something else. If the game was stable than I would be asking for things to be added to the game. We keep shoving down the throats of the guru's that we want content, such as new worlds, toddlers, story progression, the list goes on, they think content is the way to go that that is what the fans are looking for, not game fixes. if we could just get together and tell them that we want a stable base for the game than ask for "stuff", we would be a whole lot better off, but people want things and want them free in patches, so the time is taken for that and patches are not taken to fixing what is broken, and breaking more. Toddlers will come, is my feeling and fixes will suffer because fans are asking for that more than fixing the game. It reminds me of when I was building my house, I wanted so many things for inside, but I had to think about water heaters, oil burners and electric and plumbing, not cosmetic things, that I had to spend my money on that so that my house was able to house all the other "fun" things that I wanted. I could not cut corners on the necessities, and if they continue to add in content they are cutting back on the essentials, i.e. a stable game core.
    Yeah I had problems with the Sims 3 until modders came in to fix the game, then the game worked better for me. But I should not have to keep relying on modders to fix mistakes. That is what is so frustrating. Yeah I know they have to keep releasing expansions to make money, but then I wish they would work on bug fixes too. It seems like they need more employees since a lot left last year, so hopefully they will get people soon or at least old workers of the old Maxis building.

I am trying to help get the alien incest glitch with GTW right now, helping a friend out with that. But yes I have a mobile developer friend who said, "Once one bug is fixed, five more appear." I found it funny because it's probably sadly true. Bugs may never fully be fixed and some bugs Simmers actually like the alien male pregnancy one. I think Sims catching on fire was a bug that was left in the Sims 1 because it was funny. So sometimes bugs bring humor to the game.

There are a lot of core mechanics that still need fixing that aren't technically bugs but how the game was programed. Like the reaction AOE needs to be expanded to the entire lot. Emotion points need to be balanced. Multitasking has some issues too and the musical chairs. Anyway sorry I can't respond more, I have to go. Happy Simming.