Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What trait do you miss the most?

For me, it's probably the Unflirty trait that was in The Sims 3. I loved the challenge of trying to romance characters that didn't immediately start reciprocating romantic advances. I felt as though it made those Sims seem more realistic.

In TS4, I really want them to reintroduce Unflirty, because as it stands, you can get any Sim into the sack within about 10 interactions. Probably fewer, actually. It just feels as though we should have to work harder for our Woohoo sometimes.

Comments

• Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    That's tough. I miss a lot of them. It's hard to choose.

I miss Neurotic. I like that they would autonomously freak out. Or get a calm moodlet from checking sinks/stoves, etc.

I miss Handy just because I really liked the random wrench flipping animation.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    Itz-a MeItz-a Me Posts: 74 Member
    I agree with @lovebypondside. I miss the neurotic trait too, mainly because I could relate to it. Other than that the brooding trait was pretty funny. I liked watching my sims channel their inner Batman and spend (sim) hours brooding and moping in the dark.
  • Options
    thewatcheruatuthewatcheruatu Posts: 295 Member
    Itz-a Me wrote: »
    I agree with @lovebypondside. I miss the neurotic trait too, mainly because I could relate to it. Other than that the brooding trait was pretty funny. I liked watching my sims channel their inner Batman and spend (sim) hours brooding and moping in the dark.

Isn't Brooding kind of similar to the "Loner" trait in TS4? I forget, but I thought you got positive moodlets for being alone on that one. Neurotic is cool.

I'd definitely like to see easily twice as many traits in TS4 as we have now.
  • Options
    Itz-a MeItz-a Me Posts: 74 Member
    @thewatcheruatu Kind of, but your sims don't get the animation where they sit on the floor and "consider the hollowness of life" or "contemplate the meaning of meaning" (or something like that) as a social interaction.
  • Options
    ddominicddominic Posts: 352 Member
    'Kleptomaniac' needs to come back, it's an awesome way to make money, and even if you feel guilty to steal stuff from other's houses, you'll love the money you make when you sell that.
  • Options
    thewatcheruatuthewatcheruatu Posts: 295 Member
    ddominic wrote: »
    'Kleptomaniac' needs to come back, it's an awesome way to make money, and even if you feel guilty to steal stuff from other's houses, you'll love the money you make when you sell that.

Oh, gosh, yes! My favorite trait. I can't believe I forgot it. It was more than a trait, it was a whole playstyle!
  • Options
    LunqsLunqs Posts: 166 Member
    Never nude.
    Madoka-Magica-puella-magi-madoka-magica-34614694-500-281.gif
    Contract?
    tumblr_m5b80x2g8w1rum37jo1_500.gif

• Options
    RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    Lucky/Unlucky and the kleptomaniac are the traits I miss a lot! Such a shame there a so few traits and that GTW didn't introduce ANY new traits or aspirations :(
  • Options
    Unflirty,brave and disciplined.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Kleptomaniac was my favorite trait. Decorated a lot of homes with stolen items. :p
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    AflutterAflutter Posts: 139 Member
    I think Dramatic would be so fun to play in TS4, with the way emotions affect them. :D I'd also like Proper back, or something similar, so I can have dapper sims.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'm not sure of the traits in the past games, But I'd like to see Gifted. And what it would do is whatever you want your sim to pursue, weather it's a normal skill, or a Hobby, like a Magic Hunter, or their own Life State being Like a Sorcerer with magic they will excel faster than others.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    YnouvaYnouva Posts: 94 Member
    The traits I miss are Unflirty, Shy and Diva.