Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Horror movie fans?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    Demetri wrote: »
    > *Gasp!* Oh no you didn't! You...go sit in the corner. Now.<br />
    > <br />
    > No...just kidding. you've a right to your opinion of course. I'm just surprised because I've not heard anyone that didn't like the conjuring before. Which of course nothing wrong with that. Just wondering what it was that didn't do it for you.<br />
    <br />
    It wasn't scary in my opinion. Just was mostly talking and those scares we're like 10 minutes and little for me. I'll probably rewatch it if it's on Netflix.

Fair enough answer. :D
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    edited November 2014
    (*)

I like horror movies, I can't remember the first I ever saw, but I do know one of the first movies: "Gremlins". Looking back, I remember watching old Twilight Zone, Munsters, Adams Family, and Tales from the crypt. After watching those I also got into Childs Play, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Candyman, Wishmaster, and many others.

I also read tons of Charles Dickens, R.L. Stine, and David Frost books.

Years later I found Netflix, then added over 200+ horror films to it lol

(*)
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member

dominimp wrote: »
    I also read tons of Charles plum

Lol, poor old Charles D. got censored :#
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    MrGodard wrote: »
    dominimp wrote: »
    I also read tons of Charles plum

Lol, poor old Charles D. got censored :#

Edit: OMG> Never mind. So bad I had to erase it rather than just edit. I realize the issue now. Wrong author.... :o
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Is sharknado 2 out on DVD yet????
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    @jcp011c2, I just saw that it was released 5 days ago on DVD. Check Amazon.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    goofygoober25goofygoober25 Posts: 149 Member
    Were the sharknado movies even worth watching? It sounds silly like the movie about the tire on netflix a while back
  • Options
    Were the sharknado movies even worth watching? It sounds silly like the movie about the tire on netflix a while back

They were if you like bad horror movies. and that tire movie, don't. watch. it. I had the "opportunity" and that was 90 minutes of my life I could not get back. If it's the same one I'm thinking it is.
  • Options
    Bad horror movies are my specialty. I must see this "sharknado" movie
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    edited November 2014
    goofygoober25, do you know about Stonehenge Apocalypse? It's not a horror movie, but it has a certain angel starring. ;)
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    Kaike78 wrote: »
    goofygoober25, do you know about Stonehenge Apocalypse. It's not a horror movie but it has a certain angel starring. ;)

I do now! Just youtube'd it. Now I just have to plead with my husband to rent it because he's a movie snob and doesn't rent anything without making sure it has a very high rating

• Options
    gracia_kennedygracia_kennedy Posts: 11 New Member
    edited April 2015
    FUNNY STORY my hubby was watching Lady in Black at 3 am the sound was low like all scary movies so he had the volume up very high. I had already seen it so I knew what was coming but he didn't... He pulled his chair right up to the TV so he could hear it and was bragging about how lame it was and how he wasn't scared at all, and than the rocking chair scene came on and when her face popped up he screamed bloody murder flew backwards in his chair and started crying! He bagged me to turn it off his mom came rushing in the room she thought someone was killed lol He eventually watched the whole movie in the daytime with the volume down but it is forever more one of my favorite movies because of that memory.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,128 Member
    I looooove blood and guts with a nice dash of comedy!
    Parents. You can find it on Netflix and it's just splendid.
    I need a good storyline in order to watch horror and if its mixed with science fiction then it's perfect!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2015
    I like horror movies :) Watching Alien (1979) right now. That's kind of a horror movie, right? :D Paranormal movies are my favorite though.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Graycat2000Graycat2000 Posts: 304 Member
    I've loved horror Films since I was a kid (which explains a lot) and my favourites would be the original Amityville Horror, original Halloween 1 & 2 and virtually any Japenese/Korean Horror - The Ring still creeps me out!
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    The only horror movies I can stay awake watching are normally sci-fi horror or horror comedies. Straight up horror movies send me to sleep.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    When I watch horror movies they are almost always creature features.

My favorite movie as a kid was Stephen King's Silver Bullet.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    Keoke2375Keoke2375 Posts: 50 New Member
    yeahhhh no... Im pretty terrifed of jumpscares to a degree where it might as well be a phobia any videos that show a sign of creepiness i shield my eyes to watch. I mostly dont watch them though. So no not a horror movie fan.

You who are reading this what are you still doing here this pointless post is over janitors left seconds ago no point in reading it any longer your just wasting your own time... Oh but still you persist fine ill make you leave.
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    I like my fair share of them, though there are some I stay away from. The last one that freaked me out for days was The Babadook. All kinds of messed up and scary.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been able to watch horror movies without getting even slightly scared.I've seen the classic Halloween,Child's Play and The Amityville Horror because I've got them recorded to DVD.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Horror movies are the best! Well at least the psychological and paranormal horror movies are but splatter horrors like Friday the 13th aren't that great...but zombie movies are good even though they are technically splatters but I still enjoy them.

My favourite horror movie is The Cabin in the Woods, it combined all the cliches of horror movies together and still managed to be really good!
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.