Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the sad emotion needs a minor Modification

Hello to all who thinks that the sad emotion should be modify slightly, say a simmer thats a story teller needs to for story reason to divorce from a cheating spouse the only emotion that should be trig is anger for the sim askig a divorce the sims asking for the divorce should not be affected by the sad emotion. The only time a sim should be very sad is if a family relative is taken by the grim reaper in game or if the new spouse if sim is remaried passway because of an acident death by fire ect just to name a few and the very sad emotion should stick to the sim mourning the sim that passway and when the very sad moodlet go even if the sim mourn is or her love one at is grave the sim no longer is sad who agree with me on this?
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I can't agree. Ending a relationship can be a sad thing even if you are the one to initiate the break-up. Yeah, getting cheated on makes you angry. It also tends to make one quite sad. It is sad to say goodbye to a relationship you may have put a lot of time and energy into, regardless of why it is happening. I think sad should stay. Death is certainly something to be sad about, but it isn't the only thing. And sad isn't the only emotion when a loved one dies, very often anger comes into play at least for a moment.

Just the same, I would like to see the emotions tweaked in this game because I don't find they make sense most of the time.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes I want it changed, but I think it should be longer. Most of the time when a Sims die, the Sims around them have a happy joker face and do other activities without reacting to the life events. I think reactions need modifying to carry a much wider area of the lot.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Pretty sure I felt every possible feeling going through my divorce. If anything, only having one feeling is too shallow. Some days I went from sad to angry to nostalgic to "good riddance!" to confused to numb within a few hours' time. Even when it started to feel "normal" - even now, several years since the separation - I don't always feel the same way about it. Losing someone is still losing someone, whether they've died or you're just not speaking anymore. I think sad is probably more accurate than angry. Anger is what you feel before the sadness takes over, but the sadness lasts longer. Just my opinion.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    What fires? None of my Sims have set anything on fire as of to date, seven months later. They have started a stove fire but it only said repair or replace while it was blazing. I have played many Sims and many hours since the EP, and not one Sim my Sims knew died from anything. Nor have they been jealous, mad, or sad. If you look at their stats, most of them have been happy over 453 times. Never witnessed a fire, never done anything on that stat list. That tells me it's a very, very happy game. I'm sure others have gotten sad Sims, but it ain't happening in mine, and honestly I wish it would.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    What fires? None of my Sims have set anything on fire as of to date, seven months later. They have started a stove fire but it only said repair or replace while it was blazing. I have played many Sims and many hours since the EP, and not one Sim my Sims knew died from anything. Nor have they been jealous, mad, or sad. If you look at their stats, most of them have been happy over 453 times. Never witnessed a fire, never done anything on that stat list. That tells me it's a very, very happy game. I'm sure others have gotten sad Sims, but it ain't happening in mine, and honestly I wish it would.
    Mine set oven fires the kids have set fires from the chemistry set.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    I think those emotions Sims receive need to have their Emotions points (is that what they call it?) bigger, and the time for them to last longer. :) Like when your Sim's Really Has to Pee, their Emotion Points for that Moodlet will bump up to 40, making you practically unable to counter it with your other Moodlets. So yeah, how about making the Moodlet +40 and last 3 days? :)
  • Options
    monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    > @EsnesNommoc said:
    > I think those emotions Sims receive need to have their Emotions points (is that what they call it?) bigger, and the time for them to last longer. Like when your Sim's Really Has to Pee, their Emotion Points for that Moodlet will bump up to 40, making you practically unable to counter it with your other Moodlets. So yeah, how about making the Moodlet +40 and last 3 days?

Agreed. In most cases, I don't think it's necessarily the duration that's the problem so much as the fact that they get overridden by the happier moods. Usually (but not always) the correct emotion is there with a break-up, or cheating, or death, it's just that it's buried under happy trivial bonuses for eating a yummy meal or having a well decorated room.