May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 World vs. Sims 4 World

Comments

• Options
    seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    sims 2 hands down. much better game. where else can you build a snowman in your front yard and a penguin come chill by it? you click on your sim and you can do yoga, tai chi, primp, pose, and about 6 other things? sims 4 you click on your sim you can.......jog. everything is available from the start in conversation with many more options added as you build skill. theres a career for just about everything. oh and if you flush the toilet while someone is taking a shower, prepare to get cursed out. most of what i listed were things that went on in one sim day. i still havent navigated through everything yet.

im old school. i started with 1. i stayed with 2. i didnt like 3. i got bored with 4. getting into the body shop and learning to make my own clothes. the santos family modeling their outfits from the sims icon collection.
    ju8hw5.jpg
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited April 2015
    The Sims 4 worlds seem to be better, because it's semi-open neighborhoods, every lot is rendered in full detail and the graphics are better.
    I think The Sims 2 worlds have a really nice thing to them, and that is their customizability. You can create a world from scratch, place the lots anywhere, decorate just how you want it. After nightlife you could see everything beyond your lot. The game don't allow you to visit your neighbours, but a mod allows you to do this. I also like that you can create separate downtown neighbourhoods and connect them to your main one. This allows you to have a really big number of lots. Worlds in The Sims 4 are small and always will look the same. You can't really create a theme for it, like medieval, or even try to use exotic architectural styles, because it always looks out of place in the theme of the neighbourhood you are on.
    Yes, I've stated before that TS4 gave me a new appreciation for TS3.

It's really saddening to me... I used to hate The Sims 3 so much! It was unbearable to me. After The Sims 4 was released, I started playing it again and now I appreciate it. It's everything I wanted The Sims 4 to improve on, but as this won't happen until The Sims 5, if ever, I now play it and like it.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    MatheusBS wrote: »
    The Sims 4 worlds seem to be better, because it's semi-open neighborhoods, every lot is rendered in full detail and the graphics are better.
    I think The Sims 2 worlds have a really nice thing to them, and that is their customizability. You can create a world from scratch, place the lots anywhere, decorate just how you want it. After nightlife you could see everything beyond your lot. The game don't allow you to visit your neighbours, but a mod allows you to do this. I also like that you can create separate downtown neighbourhoods and connect them to your main one. This allows you to have a really big number of lots. Worlds in The Sims 4 are small and always will look the same. You can't really create a theme for it, like medieval, or even try to use exotic architectural styles, because it always looks out of place in the theme of the neighbourhood you are on.
    Yes, I've stated before that TS4 gave me a new appreciation for TS3.

It's really saddening to me... I used to hate The Sims 3 so much! It was unbearable to me. After The Sims 4 was released, I started playing it again and now I appreciate it. It's everything I wanted The Sims 4 to improve on, but as this won't happen until The Sims 5, if ever, I now play it and like it.

I noticed that the process I was going through since september last year is much the same as all the other transitions over the last fifteen years. I stuck with TS1 and waited a while with picking up TS2 again. I stuck with TS2 and waited a while with picking up TS3 again and hey presto, carbon copy business with TS4. And everytime the new games were day one buys because I so Simmer.

TS3 I really loved towards the end of it, though many things grated on my nerves, like taxiboats taking the scenic route from the main island to the secondary one in Isla Paradiso. I'm getting with the vibe of TS4, but I find that ever since I can live with the flaws in TS3. And that's only important because I didn't experience the feeling that the old games were actually better than what came after it before.

With that said, I don't think that TS4 is a bad game at all. That has to do with the fact the Sims in TS4 actually form an unit and don't behave like they're super-individuals playing at being a family. Another thing is the fact that on here, it's by far the same group of people who return here day after day to complain about something. It lends credence to the notion that a group of people here have a personal problem more than that they have a problem with TS4.

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    TS2's customisable and acceptable for 2004 closed world wins over TS4's fixed and unacceptable for 2014 closed world

But what do I know? I only play TS3 with is open worlds (very acceptable for 2009) and my own world with 355 lots and more than 400 Sims and no issues and then to add to things I have just got out of a very heavy GTA session and it didn't even crash once!
    Isn't it sad that gta is better optimized and can run better than a low end series like the sims?

I agree. It is an embarrassment for EA
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited April 2015
    TS2's customisable and acceptable for 2004 closed world wins over TS4's fixed and unacceptable for 2014 closed world

But what do I know? I only play TS3 with is open worlds (very acceptable for 2009) and my own world with 355 lots and more than 400 Sims and no issues and then to add to things I have just got out of a very heavy GTA session and it didn't even crash once!
    Isn't it sad that gta is better optimized and can run better than a low end series like the sims?

TS4 runs at 80FPS at 1920x1040 at full graphical options, with dips to 60FPS depending on what's rendered. Stills jump to 200FPS, so that's where the FPS is capped.
    Before I got the new monitor, I ran TS4 at 1266x768 and got 120FPS with drops to 100FPS depending on what's rendered.

You can say many things about TS4, but not that it is badly optimized.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member

TS4 runs at 80FPS at 1920x1040 at full graphical options, with dips to 60FPS depending on what's rendered. Stills jump to 200FPS, so that's where the FPS is capped.
    Before I got the new monitor, I ran TS4 at 1266x768 and got 120FPS with drops to 100FPS depending on what's rendered.

You can say many things about TS4, but not that it is badly optimized.

It's not badly optimized because it's run on an engine that is designed for web applications, and quite frankly, there is nothing to optimize other than the AI which only takes a small portion of processor strength to begin with.
  • Options
    Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member
    I feel like I'll get murdered for this

but i seriously really like sims 4.

can I live

You can voice your opinion, nothing wrong with that.

@JoAnne65, that's probably what it is that makes it why I don't like Sims 4. I like realism, it's just who I am. I like semi-realistic actions to several things. While Sims 3 did go pretty realistic and isn't as childishly playful but in a good way like Sims 2, it did have a realistic emotional system. Sims 4 sims would have watched and smiled, then decided it was a perfect time to do some pushups or go for a jog maybe. Sims 3 sims flip out and hate each other, or at least grow angry. I forgot exactly what Sims 2 sims do, but I doubt it's anything right.

I also forgot how much I like the chemistry system in Sims 2. It really helps me know if I'm wasting my time on the maybe woman or not.
    4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited April 2015
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    sims 2 crew knew what they wanted. Sims 4 was rushed. I think if they had more time sims 4 would be amazing even compared to sims 2.

Name any part 4 of anything that was "amazing" compared to part 2.

It would have been better with more time, but it still would have been the 4th Indiana Jones movie.

Part 2 is historically the best in most series of any forms of entertainment for good reasons.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I feel like I'll get murdered for this

but i seriously really like sims 4.

can I live

That's a good thing, but why do you like it? The title of this thread is Sims 2 World vs. Sims 4 World.

So, what is it about the Sims 4 world that you like so much?

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    The Sims 2 worlds didn't have any fake backdrops or deco-lots, so they definitely win for me. The only thing TS4 has over TS2 is that you have some space accessible other than your lot.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited April 2015
    mwdonohue wrote: »
    While, even with mods, TS2 can't compare to TS4 graphically (sky mods, lighting, and CC), it is a really amazing game. There is literally so much stuff to do it isn't even funny. If you can't find a play style, you just aren't doing it right...

Yeah had to laugh at that one "so much to do" IMHO it is not all about graphics, it is all parts of the game that counts and while Sims 4 may be graphically capable gameplay is lacking. Most of these Sims with emotions appear to be on the happy purple pill and are very creepy. Sims 2 gameplay tops Sims 4 even if it shares the loading screen feature.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    rbmm1974rbmm1974 Posts: 42 Member
    To me Sims 2 was great because it felt like it was the back story of the Sims. We got Bella and Mortimer as kids. We could make them fall in love and have Alexander and Cassandra or mess up their lives forever. All the major families from the Sims were there, ok yes some of them came as they developed new EPs but they showed up. I loved playing with Dustin Broke, there was and still is something about him. I made him dump Angela when he went to college and he married the Thayer girl (can't remember her first name right now). I also like how Angela and Lilith would constantly fight when ever they saw each other. Every time I turned around one of them started fighting the other. At one point it was really funny. The families felt real. When a favorite character died I cried. Sims actually cried and mourned their friends when they died.

That being said I like the Sims 4 too but get bored with it easily. I like the collecting of items but get frustrated when I have one thing left to get for the collection. I haven't had a sim die who mine where close to yet because there are time that I fell things are getting to buggy so I restart my game.

Sometimes I like to watch what they do on their own based on traits and personality. Most of them only do mischievous actions no matter who the other sim is. Sims 2 if sims were in a romantic relationship they should it on there own too.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited April 2015
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    While, even with mods, TS2 can't compare to TS4 graphically (sky mods, lighting, and CC), it is a really amazing game. There is literally so much stuff to do it isn't even funny. If you can't find a play style, you just aren't doing it right...

Yeah had to laugh at that one "so much to do" IMHO it is not all about graphics,

Even at that, if you actually make the fair comparison which is TS2's graphics in relation with other games in it's contemporary time compared to TS4's graphics in relation with other games today, TS2 did graphics better then than TS4 does graphics now. So lets make it about graphics too, because TS2 still wins.

• Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Yeah had to laugh at that one "so much to do" IMHO it is not all about graphics,

Even at that, if you actually make the fair comparison which is TS2's graphics in relation with other games in it's contemporary time compared to TS4's graphics in relation with other games today, TS2 did graphics better then than TS4 does graphics now. So lets make it about graphics too, because TS2 still wins.
    I would have to agree with you. :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    People like to say, "well its new, give it a chance at least."
    To me, it's just an excuse for how bad the game seems at times. I started with Sims 2. No EPs or SPs. Just plain old Sims 2. And I loved it from the start! I even played just Sims 2 for two months or so until I realized Sims 2 Pets existed! At that point, I still loved it.

Same applies to Sims 3. Got it with no EPs or SPs like Sims 2 and LOVED it from the get go. I played and played and when Sims 3 Pets came out I was too excited when I confronted a wild horse for the first time, and a unicorn quite by accident later on! I was so happy.

Now Pets is always the first EP I get because I love animals and having them in my households. But I'm actually scared to see what Sims 4 Pets would look like considering everything else so far. I mean I went online at look at pets from The Sims 1 and Sims 3. They really did improve the looks and actions of pets. Sims 3 broke boundaries and gave us horses and unis. But with Sims 4 I'm dead serious when I say I'm expecting "cool" (or totally awesome since they're trying to sound hip and happening) dragons and flying sharks and Wolf-Husky hybrids that sound awesome, but look like The Sims type dogs.

Anyway, I digress from my main point. Point is, even without EPs and SPs, the other two were still tons fun for me. I loved them. So Sims 4 being the way it is "because theres nothing added yet" is just an excuse that doesn't cut it.
    Sims 4 at this time is not just the base game because it now has an EP and a GP and I find GTW too goal oriented for me and I too found "it is just a base game right now" puzzling because while it is a base game and it is also a foundation that EPs/GPs and possibly SPs build off of and complement and if that foundation is incomplete than any addition to it may not be complete as well and that is how I see Sims 4 IMHO.

• Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    I remember playing Sims 2. It had such a nice, memorable feel to it. I still prefer playing Sims 3 and 4 though... not sure why. I can't really play Sims 3 as much as I used to because the beginning loading screens bore the life out of me (and usually I crash before I'm even in the neighborhood.) As for Sims 4, there's just not much to do but I still really enjoy it.
    Sims 2 was my first The Sims franchise game, and I just got it 3 years ago. I had a bunch of CC and stuff, and I had only like 3 expansions. It was a blast. I don't know what it is about Sims 2, but it was honestly one of the best Sims games I've ever played. Sims 3, which I got only about a year later, was really fun too. However, the famous crashing and glitches started a couple months after and then it was a matter of luck if I could enjoy playing it or not.
    Sims 4 has its days of crashing and bugs and stuff, but it's usually fine. It just needs... More stuff to do.
    original.gif
  • Options
    Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member
    Turtlez98 wrote: »
    I remember playing Sims 2. It had such a nice, memorable feel to it. I still prefer playing Sims 3 and 4 though... not sure why. I can't really play Sims 3 as much as I used to because the beginning loading screens bore the life out of me (and usually I crash before I'm even in the neighborhood.) As for Sims 4, there's just not much to do but I still really enjoy it.
    Sims 2 was my first The Sims franchise game, and I just got it 3 years ago. I had a bunch of CC and stuff, and I had only like 3 expansions. It was a blast. I don't know what it is about Sims 2, but it was honestly one of the best Sims games I've ever played. Sims 3, which I got only about a year later, was really fun too. However, the famous crashing and glitches started a couple months after and then it was a matter of luck if I could enjoy playing it or not.
    Sims 4 has its days of crashing and bugs and stuff, but it's usually fine. It just needs... More stuff to do.

I have to agree with you on the crashing and bugs and stuff. My old laptop was so bad with Sims 3, I couldn't even enjoy it after a while. My new laptop has its moments, especially with larger households, but it's better. Sims 2 runs like a charm on my laptop with Sims 3. Sims 4, while it ran good, bored the LIFE out of me. My brother, who was a Sims 4 fan from the start, even gave up on it. He's 14 and when a 14 y/o says, "Why does this game like an playstation gen game?" you know it's bad. And not the newer Playstations. He meant the very first one. Kind of a low blow to Sims 4, even I went ouch that's harsh.
    4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif
  • Options
    Turtlez98 wrote: »
    even at 45 secs on a high end I rather have one long loading screen than multiple screens afterwards because that one long screen in the beginning does not dampen the immersion effect as it does with loading screens while in game. The Sims series as a whole looking at it the way it programmed you bound to experience some sort of discomfort overtime but looking at Sims 4 IMHO it causes discomfort to me because of how it was planned out. Sims 3 still has more potential than Sims 4 will ever have because Sims 3 could be tweaked if EA/Maxis took the time to do it and look like EA/Maxis will not tweak Sims 4 as much, I believe EA/Maxis will look for a way out of Sims 4 when the time comes.