Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

bring back open world

The Sims 4 is a fun game but open world needs to come back without open world most of the entertainment is gone that's is what made the Sims 3 fun.
that is why the Sims 3 was such a success because of open world in my opinion

Comments

• Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    It's not coming back in this game.
  • Options
    shaquori324shaquori324 Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2015
    yea but without open world it takes a lot of the fun from the game.
    Post edited by shaquori324 on
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I don't want an open world in my game, nor do I want them wasting their time/resources on making an EP for it.
  • Options
    I want open world because their is to many loading screens that take forever maybe everyone else computer is faster but mine is not
  • Options
    nazaknazak Posts: 62 Member
    Also want the open world back, so much easier to travel around..
  • Options
    isfreakisfreak Posts: 117 Member
    I'd be happy if they could at least do an open neighborhood, That way you could visit neighbors without the loading screen. I don't see it happening seeing that game is set up like it is but it would still be great if they could.
  • Options
    Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
    No. Open world makes the game a whole lot laggier.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    I don't want an open world in my game, nor do I want them wasting their time/resources on making an EP for it.

and you are ea maxis boss??? you are the one to say what can come or no to this game??? you have any link where a guru say which they never gonna bring back it??? to stop to ask??

i really love that "users bosses" which love to come and say "this not come because i dont want", it's not up to you to decide what will be added, please learn to respect others peoples opnions, you neither boss guru or even a moderator to be the one deciding things here.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    > @isfreak said:
    > I'd be happy if they could at least do an open neighborhood, That way you could visit neighbors without the loading screen. I don't see it happening seeing that game is set up like it is but it would still be great if they could.

Yep i agree to this.
  • Options
    br0bertobr0berto Posts: 170 Member
    i read somewhere that because of the engine they've made this game on, it is just impossible for them to make an open world, it's not something they can just add in with pools, but i don't remember where i read this or if it is even legit, so anything could be possible, don't give up hope, but don't be disappointed if it is impossible for the developers to make it happen. the game is much smoother without an open world and it also allows us to play in different worlds without having to make a new save game.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    br0berto wrote: »
    i read somewhere that because of the engine they've made this game on, it is just impossible for them to make an open world, it's not something they can just add in with pools, but i don't remember where i read this or if it is even legit, so anything could be possible, don't give up hope, but don't be disappointed if it is impossible for the developers to make it happen. the game is much smoother without an open world and it also allows us to play in different worlds without having to make a new save game.

then i have a post from a guru saying which not is reallying impossible and not is totally set in stone, being hard to implement dont means "impossible" impossible is when you really can't by any means, if they can but his very hard then is not "impossible" then becarefull while using "words" just because you prefer load screens dont means which everyone also will like it.
    unless a guru come and say we not gonna do that then none(outside ea) have the right to say that, to decide what is "impossible"
  • Options
    OnlyRivvilOnlyRivvil Posts: 49 Member
    I would perfer they use their resources on releasing a Weather Expansion pack. My Sims' children need to see the rain and snow for the first time
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    OnlyRivvil wrote: »
    I would perfer they use their resources on releasing a Weather Expansion pack. My Sims' children need to see the rain and snow for the first time
    and i prefer their spend resources on opening the world, my childs sims need to see the world around then without a load screen in they faces, they are tired to be locked inside they houses like a jail :P
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I, personally, didn't like the open world. And hear me out on this. I would much prefer maybe larger neighborhoods within the world. We should be able to travel to any residential lots within a larger neighborhood without the loading screens. I don't mind the loading screens when my Sims travel to different neighborhoods, but visiting neighbors it's annoying. I would rather have a neighborhood that had at least 10 to 12 different lots. That way having 4 residential neighborhoods we would have at least 40 to 48 lots- that's 40 to 48 families, instead of 16 to 20 families per world we have at the moment. Also, it would allow for bringing back vehicles.

When I started playing The Sims 3 five years ago I was thrilled about the open world but it actually bored me because the world simulation lacked so much. Most of the community/business lots were rabbit holes, my Sims met the same townies, and after a few hours of gameplay with adding more to my open worlds my game would lag to the point it froze up and/or crashed.

If they expanded onto the neighborhoods that we have now and gave us an 2 or 3 additional 10 to 12 lot neighborhoods I feel the world system would feel much more alive, interesting, and visually beautiful, and eliminate the loading screens for visiting other residential lots. I would be ok with that. I'm okay with loading screens since I also play The Sims 2 as well; we just don't need a loading screen for everything... you know?
  • Options
    OKAY I guess open world is not coming back I GUESS I I CAN DEAL WITH THAT
    BUT i would like to see cars and toddlers come back most definitely
  • Options
    mysph1tmysph1t Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
    Post edited by mysph1t on
  • Options
    mari8076mari8076 Posts: 19 New Member
    I don't really need open world that much, or cars, but getting a loading screen to get to the next door neighbors is a pain.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I don't need the open world.
  • Options
    RohndaRohnda Posts: 10 New Member
    I like open world as well, it's why I play Sims 3 more than Sims 4. I too like the weather, it's why I play Sims 3 more than Sims 4. I was excited about the coming of Sims 4 because it was a new platform and I knew it was going to be easier for my computer to handle the game, that being said, I miss everything about Sims 3 that is not in Sims 4. I would rather put up with a few minor issues to have all that Sims 3 offers and therefore choose to play Sims 3. But the thing I dislike most about Sims 4, is the way it looks. I don't like the smoother animation that resembles decade 2000 cartoons. I prefer the more digital 3D look that comes with Sims 3 and therefore choose to play Sims 3. My point is, if Sims 4 looked, smelt, and tasted like Sims 3, there would be no Sims 4. They are too separate games and I had to figure that out after being so disappointed with Sims 4.
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    edited March 2015
    Creating an open world isn't easy, it takes at least 2 years and it can't be supported in the current game engine. It's too hard, too risky and too many glitches will be included. It would take time from EPs that could bring us larger worlds with more places to go and more things to do. The odds are, you're going to have to wait till TS5.

I personally only want an open world back if the loading screens between neighbors stays in, that's not to say I like loading screens between neighbors with non-open worlds.
  • Options
    RikizziaRikizzia Posts: 648 Member
    YES WE NEED OPEN WORLD BACK!

I HATE how everytime I go out, theres a loading screen, EVERYWHERE THERES LOADING SCREENS. I hate it! Sims 3 were better :( Plleeaaassee I hope EA fixes this, it has just gotten so annoying >:(
    YqMyRUI.png
  • Options
    Coffee219Coffee219 Posts: 128 Member
    I agree that even if they can't implement an open world at least make neighborhoods open. I always find it funny when I go to the night club and want to go to the gym or something, it's only a few steps away but I have to "travel" there lol. All I can think is "but, it's RIGHT THERE". xD
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    No. Open world makes the game a whole lot laggier.

Technically the lag is all to do with the coding and your computer specs :x
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.