Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We don't want pets as the 2nd EP.

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Actually I would like Pets to be the second EP. I would be happy if one of these would be the second EP: Seasons, Pets, or City Life, so if it's true, I'll be very happy.
  • Options
    ASimsFanatic2015ASimsFanatic2015 Posts: 208 Member
    You mean 'I' not we?

Don't even start crap with me
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited April 2015
    You mean 'I' not we?

Excuse me but please be respecful some of us would love for pets to be the second ep for the sims4 because pets are a major part of family life like those that loves horses *edit if you do not went to have pets you always have the option not to buy that ep
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Coffee219Coffee219 Posts: 128 Member
    Imho, pets would be fun, but right now there are so many other pressing issues that need to be addressed such as more sim population in-game, more lots, bigger neighborhoods, more options for build mode, and improved sim A.I., These are just a few examples. The point is none of these issues would be addressed in a pet expansion, so while it would be nice I believe it should be saved for down the road.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Coffee219 wrote: »
    Imho, pets would be fun, but right now there are so many other pressing issues that need to be addressed such as more sim population in-game, more lots, bigger neighborhoods, more options for build mode, and improved sim A.I., These are just a few examples. The point is none of these issues would be addressed in a pet expansion, so while it would be nice I believe it should be saved for down the road.

Much of that should come in a patch a side from more neighborhoods which in my opinion Pets or whatever the next EP will be, will probably have a new town included or one more neighborhood. So it's not like one should stop the other.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Memina11 wrote: »
    You mean 'I' not we?

Excuse me but please be respecful some of us would love for pets to be the second ep for the sims4 because pets are a major part of family life like those that loves horses *edit if you do not went to have pets you always have the option not to buy that ep

Agreed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    dtyuidtyui Posts: 483 Member
    I know that they're bound to make a pets expansion and understand that a lot of people love pets, personally, I'd prefer if they just released something different first though and pets could be the 3rd or 4th expansion. I'm highly unlikely to purchase pets even if it includes a new world.
  • Options
    dtyui wrote: »
    I know that they're bound to make a pets expansion and understand that a lot of people love pets, personally, I'd prefer if they just released something different first though and pets could be the 3rd or 4th expansion. I'm highly unlikely to purchase pets even if it includes a new world.

You say that now but once you see the cute renders and pics you'll be like: "WANT!" xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    If the next EP is pets i hope that there is nightlife in the same. Only pets would be boooriing...
    I rarely created pets in Sims 1, 2 and 3.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    If the next EP is pets i hope that there is nightlife in the same. Only pets would be boooriing...

Don't want don't buy, but there is a chance we will get a GP in between so it might be something like "Date Night" or something with a downtown small neighborhood but it's not what I want, I would rather have a full Apartment Life/Nightlife EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    jonilla1 wrote: »

Don't want don't buy, but there is a chance we will get a GP in between so it might be something like "Date Night" or something with a downtown small neighborhood but it's not what I want, I would rather have a full Apartment Life/Nightlife EP.

I would still buy Pets EP even without Nightlife/Late Night things but maybe only for the objects and features that can be obtained only by buying the EP.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    YgeeYgee Posts: 21 Member
    I'd like the next EP to include City Life, Apartment Life, University, or Seasons. Pets could wait (not really my favorite).
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited April 2015
    I think a Pets expansion pack is a desperation move on EA's part. I suspect that the sales for Get To Work aren't what they had hoped for and expected, given the fact that they tried to make fans happy by doing both an Open For Business type format plus the three Ambitions style open careers. Unfortunately, they left out some details which it probably didn't occur to them that players would want: such as lockable doors and home businesses.

For my part, I see a Pets expansion pack as a slap in the face to those players who want more family play and especially toddlers. As far as I'm concerned, if they add pets to this game, they're not going to add toddlers. I think pets are meant to be a consolation prize for the family players. "Yeah, you can't have toddlers, but see!...PUPPIES and KITTEHS!" Because if adding a REAL bear to the game in Outdoor Retreat is "too hard too expensive" and adding toddlers to the game would require extra animations, why, all of a sudden isn't it "too hard, too expensive" to make animals? And what kind of animals would we get anyway? I suspect that, like everything else about this game, pets would be half-baked, and we'll get threads that complain that pets don't do anything really fun and why can't we bathe our pet or take it for a walk, etc. etc.

And for those of you who say: Don't like it, don't buy it, read my signature. EA doesn't care if you LIKE the game, just as long as you BUY the game. As long as they get their money....

Yeah, they want people to buy the game, so don't go telling anyone NOT to buy it...that's the last thing they need to have spread around.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    They probably already have the next several EPs all planned out in order they'll be released; it's not like they just work on one at a time. They've probably been planned out for a while too.
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    JunoJuno Posts: 35 Member
    I'm kind of hoping that they released GTW as the first EP to lay the ground work for future EPs to expand on. Like adding more active careers and more variety of shops with each EP. But... probably not.

Regardless, I do what a pet's EP, whether I want it to be the next one.. I'm not sure. I do know that pets EPs are really popular though.
    :)
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Honestly I really didn't like the idea of them in The Sims 3 like at all, they became really annoying pretty easily even if you controlled them, If they are going to be in The Sims 4 they need to make it so there are ways to turn other pets off that randomly come into your lot and trash the place or spawn a whole bunch of other animals too.

Would it absolutely kill you to just not buy one EP for this game if you hate its content? I agree with your thread title that it's too soon for pets since i'm not sure they can do them good in such a short amount of time, but from what i read in this post you just don't like them.
    And i know the term "if you don't like it don't buy it" is a dreaded phrase, but when it's really the main core and topic you despise, than there is just no other way.