Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Pets EA Here's Why

Dear god I do not want to see horses walking around my suburban hoods. If you can't make a world where random horses only spawn in "rural" neighborhoods then I don't want them added to the game. Also we should be able to repair plum areas when strays scratch up park benches if we have the handy skill. I hated it when I could not clean up my hood.

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Dear god?? LOL
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    QueenNiseyQueenNisey Posts: 21 Member
    I agree partially. I wouldn't mind having dogs, cats or other pets but there are so many improvements that will need to be made from TS3's pets. Namely, pets should not be an annoyance. In TS3, they were so bad that I stopped even making pets - and, eventually, I uninstalled the EP all together. I agree, horses should not spawn in residential areas - to be honest, the only place I've ever heard of "stray" horses is in very open plains areas where wild horses roam.....and unless we are getting a new town that is like that, there should never be a stray horse. Similarly, the amount of stray cats and dogs in TS3 was ridiculous to me. Lastly, even the actual pets my sims had were annoying. Therefore, I would not mind pets as long as they are greatly improved.
  • Options
    NightheroNighthero Posts: 60 Member
    I highly disagree. Just don't get the game if you don't want those things in it. Strays are pretty realistic to be honest and if you don't want them don't get the game then!
  • Options
    Nighthero wrote: »
    I highly disagree. Just don't get the game if you don't want those things in it. Strays are pretty realistic to be honest and if you don't want them don't get the game then!

That's hardly fair....so if I love the furniture but hate the strays I have to just suck it up and not get the EP?
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    NightheroNighthero Posts: 60 Member
    edited April 2015
    Nighthero wrote: »

That's hardly fair....so if I love the furniture but hate the strays I have to just suck it up and not get the EP?

Well, EA could also add a choice in the options to turn certain strays offs for the players who don't want them.
  • Options
    QueenNiseyQueenNisey Posts: 21 Member
    edited April 2015
    > @Nighthero said:
    > I highly disagree. Just don't get the game if you don't want those things in it. Strays are pretty realistic to be honest and if you don't want them don't get the game then!

I highly disagree with this. Strays are pretty realistic? I don't know where you live but I have lived in suburbs and the inner city, and I have visited rural Kentucky as well. In the suburbs, I almost never see strays of any type - spare a few cats here and there that usually are outdoor cats roaming around not strays. In the city, I see a stray dog or cat probably a handful of times a year. In rural Kentucky, no strays. And no, I do not live in a successful, thriving big city - I live in a city that struggles continuously so its not like we have some great stray program or something.
  • Options
    JunoJuno Posts: 35 Member
    I still want a pets EP, however I agree with you about the horses. I think common pets like cats, dogs, etc.. should be added. I think it would also be nice to expand on existing wildlife, to flesh out the game a little more, and make things feel more alive. Expand on fishing, allow us to have a farm, with farm animals, as long as we don't have chickens and cows randomly generating all over town.
    :)
  • Options
    meggiecameggieca Posts: 20 New Member
    I hope Pets is next. I am going nuts without pets!!! Besides, horses could be on a little farm that would come the hood they make for pets...tht would be a COMPLETE hood, not just four lots. *hint ea, hint hint.
  • Options
    ZandalarZandalar Posts: 88 Member
    meggieca wrote: »
    I hope Pets is next. I am going nuts without pets!!! Besides, horses could be on a little farm that would come the hood they make for pets...tht would be a COMPLETE hood, not just four lots. *hint ea, hint hint.

Only person on the whole forums who wants pets next haha :p (I couldn't help it)
    421342.gif
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I love it how you think your opinion is everyone's opinion. You're wrong.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I personally do not want pets so soon. There are so many other things that need to be added back first!
  • Options
    BellsBells Posts: 40 Member
    Nothing is confirmed about pets being the next EP but even if it is - if you don't want strays or anything else that comes along with Pets EP, why waste your money on it? By the title, it sounded like the author really dislikes it, so, why even bother on buying the EP, really? I can't understand why people complain so much about certain things like this.
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Uhmm I'm sort of on the fence about this one. I loved the pets in Sims3 and yes it would be great 2 have pets as it would make the game even more realistic. Horses running around in town though is another story. We have a lot of pets all over neighborhoods but you don't see horses running around in the streets. If the horses can be contained to a certain area where they r supposed to be then great. Don't get me wrong I love horses, just not like that loll.l I guess I would say yes to pets :D
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Zandalar wrote: »
    meggieca wrote: »

Only person on the whole forums who wants pets next haha :p (I couldn't help it)

Nope not the only one. I want Pets next as well and then after that a Seasons/Natural Disasters EP>
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    Natural Disasters EP

No thanks :s

WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    No strays this time would be nice, and a spay, neuter clinic.
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    The title is intentional (I only get so many words for a title to get EA's attention). Hmm.

Next- never said my opinion was everyones. (duh.) With that being said- EVERYONE has an opinion and a right to one even if it's not one you agree with. (gotta give another duh for that)

Next, a title is just a title and if you read the rest you would see I was specific of the items (issues) with the EP from TS3 that were less than agreeable to me. I don't mind a stray here and there (it's natural) I only asked for a way to clean up after them. (example was the destruction to public property such as park benches) Yeah, that would have required a person to read what I wrote and not just complain about the title. Again the title was "intentional" to quickly catch EA's attention.

Lastly, and most importantly the message was to express the insanity of seeing horses in ppl's front yards (stuck most times on a tiny lot they can't even turn around in) in the burbs. I only asked that EA properly label "neighborhoods" correctly and assign the proper strays to such hoods.

Example: (suburban hood, city, rural) Funny how EA only gave us one neighborhood marked as a "city" and all the rest were "suburban" when clearly they could have labeled Appaloosa Plains as "rural" and allowed stray horses to spawn in "just that hood". All other hoods would require you having to as a player add horses if you wanted them there.

Problem solved.

Fingers crossed EA sees the suggestions...as this is the forum for ideas. **cough**
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    "Dear god" is just an expression to show just how fed up. I could have said "wholly sh*#" but I thought that would be inappropriate. Ps. You only capitalize the "G" if you are referring to God the almighty. I did not do that, as you can see, therefore you should have taken for what it was, merely just an expression and nothing more. (I was going to ignore the comment but because I pay attention to that "G" I felt this needed to be addressed. I do not insult the Lord. Capital L.)
  • Options
    DawnSeekerDawnSeeker Posts: 44 Member
    I don't understand why others don't want pets back. I miss them.
  • Options
    MattyMatty Posts: 113 Member
    Yea they should make like an option for each neighborhood as to which animals you want there
    6433549e000fa024e66df56c1a82cca2.jpg
  • Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    I would love pets to be added in the future because on of my favorite Sims just isn't complete without his trusty companion Sir Biscuit Waffleton but I think toddlers and family players should be given attention first. If Maxis adds in pets before toddlers I can see a ton of backlash heading their way.