Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who is your Pollination Tech?

Comments

• Options
    emochild67emochild67 Posts: 120 Member
    emochild67 wrote: »
    So let's make a list! Who was your Pollination Tech and if you've had multi generational pollinations, do you get different Techs?

no one. My male sims never got abduted before the patch and the chances are even lower since. So all hope is gone. anigif_enhanced-buzz-4929-1362429126-14.gif

That image makes me cry! I am sure if you go into the science career you will manage an abduction. There are all kinds of thing to help like the satellite dish, the wormhole generator, and the computer that is a career reward. There is still hope!

Really, the image makes me laugh. Im trying to get it through the science career, but it still takes time ya know. Thanks.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    PS, the ONLY thing that bugged me about ts2 aliens is that they all had the same alien parent. The entire town quickly became one big family.
    I used the Multi-Pollination Technician mod, which had a built-in randomizer which choose from amongst four different alien parents (it chose, not me). Still not ideal, but better than having just one. The creator of the mod even allowed us to create our own alien pollinators in CAS and use them instead of the default ones. And we could swap them out over time. I made sure each generation had new pollinators.

Oh that sounds fabulous. Link?
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Pollination tech #3 is the mother of ET.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited April 2015
    KHS12 wrote: »
    PS, the ONLY thing that bugged me about ts2 aliens is that they all had the same alien parent. The entire town quickly became one big family.
    I used the Multi-Pollination Technician mod, which had a built-in randomizer which choose from amongst four different alien parents (it chose, not me). Still not ideal, but better than having just one. The creator of the mod even allowed us to create our own alien pollinators in CAS and use them instead of the default ones. And we could swap them out over time. I made sure each generation had new pollinators.

Here's a link to one over at MTS. Please follow the link to fwiffo's tutorial for how to create your own. That's what I did. And then I would craft a new one every so often. Be sure to keep the four aliens installed when you update the mod to use new ones as that will preserve the family trees of their offspring. I hope that made sense.

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options

Here's a link to one over at MTS. Please follow the link to fwiffo's tutorial for how to create your own. That's what I did. And then I would craft a new one every so often. Be sure to keep the four aliens installed when you update the mod to use new ones as that will preserve the family trees of their offspring. I hope that made sense.

I'm not entirely following. I tend to stay away from mods. The only one I have in my game just changes the CAS color and gets rid of the blob lol.
  • Options
    jegoodejegoode Posts: 267 Member
    11155142_495102757304107_4214719492349091126_o.jpg

He is on a mission to find his real mother who is Pollination Technician #3!

Have any of you succeeded in finding your alien child's birth mother??? I wonder if that is even possible!

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
    YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/user/MJSimKat
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I'm not entirely following. I tend to stay away from mods. The only one I have in my game just changes the CAS color and gets rid of the blob lol.
    I guess it would help if I actually include the link. Sorry. Here it is:

http://modthesims.info/d/292447

As I said earlier, follow the embedded link to fwiffo's tutorial. And I should also mention that creating your own Sims as pollinators is a bit complex and not for the average Simmer. You might want to just use one of the many different pre-made mods. The first link I shared has a choice of four different sets of pollinators. Maybe one of them is to your liking. Good luck!

P.S. Search MTS for a larger selection of Multi-PT mods. The link I gave is just one thread but there are plenty of others.
  • Options

As I said earlier, follow the embedded link to fwiffo's tutorial. And I should also mention that creating your own Sims as pollinators is a bit complex and not for the average Simmer. You might want to just use one of the many different pre-made mods. The first link I shared has a choice of four different sets of pollinators. Maybe one of them is to your liking. Good luck!

P.S. Search MTS for a larger selection of Multi-PT mods. The link I gave is just one thread but there are plenty of others.
    Thank you for all the info!:)
  • Options
    crazymammothcrazymammoth Posts: 238 Member
    #3 gave me 3 butt babies.... :s
    Origin ID: CrazyMammoth
    http://crazymammoth.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    lacri12 wrote: »
    Ok, I know this is slightly OT, but I manage to find a difference between full-blooded and a hybrid. While full-blodded alien has the strange eyes and skin colour, he can also change his/her disguise to human looking skin. A hybrid (child born to human and alien) has green skin and the rest he/she takes after the human parent (eyes, hair...).

BTW - another abduction, I'm growing really tired of this :/ I suppose the mother will be No.3 again... :s

That is not accurate. I have an aliend sim that is a hybrid, she is purple and has all alien features. She can also change her disguise.

• Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Ehm... Just a question where do you see which Pollinator it is? I checked my genealogy tree for my male sim and then clicked on his alien son. His mother is named "Brittany Bell" and it says underneath her name "Pollinator". But it does not say PT 3 or something like that, why?
  • Options
    Mazzy_elfMazzy_elf Posts: 55 Member
    edited April 2015
    Wow Politech3 really gets around, she's been the mother of all my abducties... including the wife of the guy she's been pollinating now... I was a little saddened by that as you know... her husband just gave birth to her brother... 'off to space with you'

(I explained that really weird I dont know how to fix it the situation is that confusing)
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Cyph86 wrote: »
    Ehm... Just a question where do you see which Pollinator it is? I checked my genealogy tree for my male sim and then clicked on his alien son. His mother is named "Brittany Bell" and it says underneath her name "Pollinator". But it does not say PT 3 or something like that, why?

I don't know why yours is set like that unless you are using a mod.. .if you are, we may be interested in getting it so please share! :smiley:
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Mazzy_elf wrote: »
    Wow Politech3 really gets around, she's been the mother of all my abducties... including the wife of the guy she's been pollinating now... I was a little saddened by that as you know... her husband just gave birth to her brother... 'off to space with you'

(I explained that really weird I dont know how to fix it the situation is that confusing)

It may be sad, but I totally got what you were saying! My second generation aliens are almost old enough for abductions and I'm so scared! LOL

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I don't know why yours is set like that unless you are using a mod.. .if you are, we may be interested in getting it so please share! :smiley:

Oh it may be the Deaderpool mod MC command center. It's some kind of a story progression mod that is supposed to create new Sims, it also adds pregnancies etc. But I did not expect that it would change the name of a Pollinator alien... Argh and I was so curious to find out which PT will be my babies mother... I deleted the mod, but the name did not change. Well next time I guess... Unless PTs got exchanged with normal Sim names XD lol great...

• Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I have Pollination Technician #3 and she's a violet coloured alien in my game.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    edited April 2015

Thanks! Bookmarking this one for later :)

EDIT: But it's '08. Will search again??
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Just in case you didn't see my earlier post, the Multi-PT Mods are for Sims 2. FYI.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member

Just in case you didn't see my earlier post, the Multi-PT Mods are for Sims 2. FYI.

Ah okay.

Sims 4 versions sure would be nice :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Oh it may be the Deaderpool mod MC command center. It's some kind of a story progression mod that is supposed to create new Sims, it also adds pregnancies etc. But I did not expect that it would change the name of a Pollinator alien... Argh and I was so curious to find out which PT will be my babies mother... I deleted the mod, but the name did not change. Well next time I guess... Unless PTs got exchanged with normal Sim names XD lol great...

I was looking at that one but didn't see any mention of adding alien aspects. I had loaded it before GTW but unloaded it for GTW for obvious reasons. If it's fixing my issue of the same PT impregnating all of my sims, I'll reload it faster than you can say Bella Goth! LOL

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    I was looking at that one but didn't see any mention of adding alien aspects. I had loaded it before GTW but unloaded it for GTW for obvious reasons. If it's fixing my issue of the same PT impregnating all of my sims, I'll reload it faster than you can say Bella Goth! LOL

The only other mods I had in while being abducted and impregnated were these:

- MB Coffee Gives More Energy-Medium Caffeine
    - MB Faster Showers V2
    - MTS_DarkGaia_1516626_nocull

And I have no idea which of these changed the Pollination Tech number to a real Sim name. I can definitely image that you would like to fix that rather than seeing PT3 on all babies? HAHA
  • Options

The only other mods I had in while being abducted and impregnated were these:

- MB Coffee Gives More Energy-Medium Caffeine
    - MB Faster Showers V2
    - MTS_DarkGaia_1516626_nocull

And I have no idea which of these changed the Pollination Tech number to a real Sim name. I can definitely image that you would like to fix that rather than seeing PT3 on all babies? HAHA

I may give the MC mod another load... from what I see of your mods, that looks like the one. I really would love to fix the issue before my teen ages up and his grandmother impregnates him LOL. I worked hard to make sure he and his sister were not PT3's handy work LOL. I will say that since the patch I haven't had abductions on the nights I'd forgotten to set the satellite. Now if they said they were fixing the PT issue with a new patch, I may wait and see. I do like the story progression of the MC mod though. LOL

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Chels12Chels12 Posts: 3 New Member
    My guy has three boys all to "senior pollination technician #3" and she and all 3 boys are green. I noticed a lot said there's was #3 also but are blue. Wonder why that is. Has anyone had any lucky find there technician. I reckon it would be cool if we traveled there and found the mother of the children.
  • Options
    SarlyssiaSarlyssia Posts: 61 Member
    Finally managed to get my sim abducted and pregnant too, took forever even though I used the satellite. I have #3 and both she and her son are blue in my game.
    alienboy_zpsjnv11dre.jpg
    Chels12 wrote: »
    My guy has three boys all to "senior pollination technician #3" and she and all 3 boys are green. I noticed a lot said there's was #3 also but are blue. Wonder why that is. Has anyone had any lucky find there technician. I reckon it would be cool if we traveled there and found the mother of the children.
    I don't think it is possible, when I looked through a few tuning files I saw a mention of the 'pollination household' (not the real name of course) being set as hidden. Could be wrong of course but if not it would be practically impossible to find it unless someone with a lot more experience in modding than me manages to set it as unhidden.
  • Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    My current sim fell victim... to #3, she knocked up his Dad twice... in fact her child that wasn't sent back to the homeworld is now a child living in his half brother's house... that'll be the half brother who just had a baby with the kid's mum... @SimGuruBChick Isn't there a way to get multiple pollination techs... I'm afraid her son will get abducted when he's a ya and get preggo by his mum preggoagain.jpg

Edit - how odd is it the baby was delivered by a ghost! At least his wife likes the new baby ( she's full alien, she bought the outfit off a mannequin.).

Wah your town is really strange town. Good for you ;) !