Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I downloaded the photo shoot studio maxis uploaded and noticed something

The pictures on the wall turned black. I don't know what happen. I thought I saw sims when I first sent my sims there. My graphics card is set to ultra and high settings on most. I don't want to think it's going bad on me.

Comments

• Options
    DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    Kind of the same thing happened to me - I put one of the pictures hanging on the wall into the family inventory, and when I put it up, it was black. What I did was select it and place it back onto the wall where it was.

Let me know if this works for you :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This worries me.
  • Options
    SimsLovahSimsLovah Posts: 394 Member
    DaB1gV wrote: »
    Kind of the same thing happened to me - I put one of the pictures hanging on the wall into the family inventory, and when I put it up, it was black. What I did was select it and place it back onto the wall where it was.

Let me know if this works for you :)
    How did you take a pic of your sims taking a selfie?
  • Options
    I'll clarify I'm talking about the pictures that were uploaded with this store and I'm using it as an npc run store meaning I sent my sims there.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'll clarify I'm talking about the pictures that were uploaded with this store and I'm using it as an npc run store meaning I sent my sims there.

It's not your card CLP, it's probably a bug with the pictures. Or particular video cards, but I doubt there is anything wrong with your video card.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    magicme4492magicme4492 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited April 2015
    My pictures are turning black too. TONS of them. More and more as I open my game. Makes me scared to play! I miss my pictures of the teens as babies and all the stuff in between! I tried selecting the affected frames from my walls and placing them back on the spot they were in, as suggested, but this did not work for me. And I THINK but I'm not certain that sometimes a certain one or two pics will be restored to their former glory after restarting the game or my laptop, but, say, ten more have gone to the dark side. Sometimes I pick pics up from a sims inventory and they turn black when I place them on the wall. Sometimes vice versa. Causing me huge problems :( Any ideas? (PS no mods or cc, tried all sorts of things like turning off and on move objects, and I have taken many, MANY photos. Maybe that's why they're turning black, can't handle so many? Idk!!)(PPS I've tried creating copies of the photos to see if their copy would be colorful. Didn't work.)
  • Options
    My pictures are turning black too. TONS of them. More and more as I open my game. Makes me scared to play! I miss my pictures of the teens as babies and all the stuff in between! I tried selecting the affected frames from my walls and placing them back on the spot they were in, as suggested, but this did not work for me. And I THINK but I'm not certain that sometimes a certain one or two pics will be restored to their former glory after restarting the game or my laptop, but, say, ten more have gone to the dark side. Sometimes I pick pics up from a sims inventory and they turn black when I place them on the wall. Sometimes vice versa. Causing me huge problems :( Any ideas? (PS no mods or cc, tried all sorts of things like turning off and on move objects, and I have taken many, MANY photos. Maybe that's why they're turning black, can't handle so many? Idk!!)(PPS I've tried creating copies of the photos to see if their copy would be colorful. Didn't work.)

Is it just in the store or in other places too your pics are going black?

• Options

Please post this here so EA will see it.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    I am having that bug as well. Very bothered by it. Once was a picture I took before the patch and one I took after the patch. Yet some others from before the patch are fine. I reeeeeeaaallllly hope those pics aren't just gone forever. One was of my sim and his daughter and because his photography skill is low it has the gnome photobomb. It looked awesome and I had it on the wall. Don't want that gone forever!
  • Options
    I am having that bug as well. Very bothered by it. Once was a picture I took before the patch and one I took after the patch. Yet some others from before the patch are fine. I reeeeeeaaallllly hope those pics aren't just gone forever. One was of my sim and his daughter and because his photography skill is low it has the gnome photobomb. It looked awesome and I had it on the wall. Don't want that gone forever!

Make sure you post at the link I just put. EA looks at that one.
  • Options
    magicme4492magicme4492 Posts: 25 New Member
    Going black at my house too. Now I've been noticing that when I drag a colorful photo from a sim's inventory, it changes to black the moment my mouse leaves the inventory panel thingy. Put it back and it appears totally normal. Grrrr
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Going black at my house too. Now I've been noticing that when I drag a colorful photo from a sim's inventory, it changes to black the moment my mouse leaves the inventory panel thingy. Put it back and it appears totally normal. Grrrr

Mine does that as well but when I put it on the wall, it turns normal.

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png