Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making a greengrocer shop

I am making a greengrocer shop on a retail lot and I want to make harvested produce (grown at home by my sim) available for sale. What is the best way to go about this? Am I supposed to put the produce into one of those fridges that came with the EP, or am I supposed to place each individual item on a surface and mark it for sale? Any ideas would be welcome.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I did build one, I had my Sim do all the work to grow the veggies and level up her cooking and baking skills. She is now at level ten cooking, level seven gardening and level five baker. It was hard. But works in my game for all other Sims to shop there. Please note what Graham said about if you want to share your hard work with the rest of us, because I am tired of my Sims having to grow their own gardens. Sometimes it's nice to shop for groceries and not cook that night, or buy a tomato to add to my sauce. :)

Note the comments of which coolers to use if you upload it to the gallery....I used the lice freezer and that one won't inventory to transfer to other's game.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/829060/building-a-grocery-store-to-share-done#latest
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Thanks for the link Cinebar. I'm a bit disappointed, partly because it's such a drag trying to place items from inventory and also because those cooler-displays don't make the goods look particularly abundant or enticing. I do have IgnorantBliss's decluttered displays (from Mod the Sims) which have more slots for saleable goods, but I still can't manage to get that look of abundance that I want.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, and why I wanted my grocer to have the lice freezers because when you place items in it, it starts to fill up and looks like lots of juice and milk etc. The others don't. And you don't have to set for sale in the freezer/cooler. It is automatic. It's too bad they didn't enable that one to actually work like it does in my own game when loaded to the gallery. Bummer, bummer. :'(
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.