Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise lag?

This world is completely unplayable, which is silly considering I run every other game I own on the highest settings, but even turning down the settings in this town makes no difference. Looking around online I see a LOT of complaints on this town, but the fixes involve a ridiculous amount of downloading mods or editing the world. I'd rather not risk downloading mods (the only one I could find made zero sense anyway).
Is there a simpler fix for this lag? 'Cause if not I'm getting my money back. I get about 3 seconds of gameplay at a time and then sit through 15+ seconds of a frozen screen.
And before I purchase any other worlds, are any others like this?

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited November 2014
    This one is unique for a whole lot of reasons.

There is a bug thread in the island paradise forum.

Ella Charmed has fixed the problems caused by sloppy building and you can download her fixed version of this world from the Mod The Sims site. I haven't downloaded it as I seem to be able to play with the help of NRAAS mods which I resisted getting for a really long time but find helpful with this world.
  • Options
    GalaxasGalaxas Posts: 31 Member
    > @Karritz said:
    > This one is unique for a whole lot of reasons.
    >
    > There is a bug thread in the island paradise forum.
    >
    > Ella Charmed has fixed the problems caused by sloppy building and you can download her fixed version of this world from the Mod The Sims site. I haven't downloaded it as I seem to be able to play with the help of NRAAS mods which I resisted getting for a really long time but find helpful with this world.

I tried to use the Ella Charmed one but it's super confusing. I'm not familiar with WinRar or Windows 8.1 which I just got recently. -_- GRrrrr
    I also am not sure how to use the NRAAS mods. We shouldn't even need to use mods...isn't this game super old? Where are the company fixes?
  • Options
    PandypinkPandypink Posts: 165 Member
    Have you tried deleting the Scott family yet? Their houseboat tends to float around and cause lag so you click it and delete it. This was one of the fixes I found online for lag and it was all I needed to get the game back to playable. Sure, the game may lag a bit at some points after but I could play the game finally and all other fixes require quite a lot of things involved. At some point my game horribly started lagging again and I went back to edit town mode and sure enough another houseboat was stuck out in the water and deleting it resulted in lag-free gaming once again. So if you haven't checked yet for stuck houseboats, that's what I'd recommend, :smile: I also noticed if your Sims lives in a houseboat, the game tends to lag more because the boat is constantly moving on the water so you could also try to make a Sim living on a normal lot.
    Sims 3 Wishlist
  • Options
    LeelooLeeloo Posts: 130 Member
    I agree with Pandypink. When my sims were living on a houseboat I got some gnarly lag but as soon as they discovered that first uncharted island I had them move there. Now I have bad lag maybe once every session which is typical of my other games.
  • Options
    > @Galaxas said:
    > This world is completely unplayable, which is silly considering I run every other game I own on the highest settings, but even turning down the settings in this town makes no difference. Looking around online I see a LOT of complaints on this town, but the fixes involve a ridiculous amount of downloading mods or editing the world. I'd rather not risk downloading mods (the only one I could find made zero sense anyway).
    > Is there a simpler fix for this lag? 'Cause if not I'm getting my money back. I get about 3 seconds of gameplay at a time and then sit through 15+ seconds of a frozen screen.
    > And before I purchase any other worlds, are any others like this?
    Same here! only I get it every 5 mins and wait literally 10 mins for unfreeze
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,158 Member
    I'm loving IP! You do have to reroute the whole world in order to play it -not everyone has issues though. I changed all the lots -deleted all the ports except I left a few for realism. Most of the problems stem from sims getting trapped due to poor routing of the ocean. IP is a huge complex world that EA rushed and it has problems for many. I use to have Super lag but no crashing. Once I cleaned up the world it began to run smoother. I also have a few Nraas mods to help keep the world running smooth. If you want to get your moneys worth out of a buggy game you gotta fix it yourself. Its unfortunate. IP is the main world I play for my reggae group Simbujah! I downloaded sunlit Tides and incorporated a lot of the buildings along with some lots from other worlds into IP. ModTheSims 3 has an Island Paradise world that has been fixed if you don't want to customize your own IP. There will be no fix for the lag most likely - you have to fix it yourself make sure your computer and graphics card are updated. I actually downloaded World Caw tool played around with it.... then got lazy. I'v just been editing the game in world editor. You could download the World Caw tool and edit all your EA worlds to you hearts desire if you have the energy and time! IP is a playable world for me. Good luck with your game....you gotta tweak it. :)
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Island Paradise was my favourite EP for Sims 3, but I hardly played it because of the same issue. I found travelling across water was what caused the biggest lag in my game. I hope you find a fix :)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    amydiamondamydiamond Posts: 33 Member
    Ooh, I may have to reinstall it and try getting rid of the Scott family, taking away a few ports. Also, last time I tried to play it, I didn't have NRAAS mods installed - now I do and I hope it helps! I do love the the expansion, so I was so sad when it got too buggy to play!
  • Options
    Felicia1990Felicia1990 Posts: 248 Member
    MiataPlay wrote: »
    I'm loving IP! You do have to reroute the whole world in order to play it -not everyone has issues though. I changed all the lots -deleted all the ports except I left a few for realism. Most of the problems stem from sims getting trapped due to poor routing of the ocean. IP is a huge complex world that EA rushed and it has problems for many. I use to have Super lag but no crashing. Once I cleaned up the world it began to run smoother. I also have a few Nraas mods to help keep the world running smooth. If you want to get your moneys worth out of a buggy game you gotta fix it yourself. Its unfortunate. IP is the main world I play for my reggae group Simbujah! I downloaded sunlit Tides and incorporated a lot of the buildings along with some lots from other worlds into IP. ModTheSims 3 has an Island Paradise world that has been fixed if you don't want to customize your own IP. There will be no fix for the lag most likely - you have to fix it yourself make sure your computer and graphics card are updated. I actually downloaded World Caw tool played around with it.... then got lazy. I'v just been editing the game in world editor. You could download the World Caw tool and edit all your EA worlds to you hearts desire if you have the energy and time! IP is a playable world for me. Good luck with your game....you gotta tweak it. :)

Great info! Thanks!
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I tried playing the Scott family and getting a Sim to dock hoping that would fix the lag. I'm not sure how to dock houseboats.

Also another issue is that the Weather Gnome tends to be at a Hotel causing the actions to be greyed out.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    jennylin2014jennylin2014 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi, I have the same problem with the expansion Isla Paradiso. But right now, I'm playing for more than an hour without any lag problem. I found this out of luck and that's to log out of Sims 3 online forum before starting the game, if you know what I mean. Well, that's all! I also tried several ways to fix this problem, but none of them worked. Why don't you give it a try, maybe it could also help you? Wish you good luck! :D
  • Options
    MaxioSimMaxioSim Posts: 30 New Member
    edited December 2014
    "There is a bug thread in the island paradise forum."

Look there, You might find more answers in more detail :smile:

~Max
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm surprised nobody pointed fingers at the fog..Isla Paradiso lags like crazy because of the fog..I can't tell you why it is, but the fog that covers the uncharted islands is what really causes the lag. I selected a native sim over there (none of my sims), activated the cheat console by CTRL+C, entered in DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands, and voila...The fog was gone and all of the islands became *discovered* and along with it the lag was gone. Why this worked I really do not know. :| It shouldn't be the fog that lags the game; that's for sure.
  • Options
    sims_3rulessims_3rules Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the same problem as most people island paradise keeps lagging and glitching and i cant find any resolutions to this problem.if you do have a simple resolution please let me know P.S should i give up playing :'(
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I have the same problem as most people island paradise keeps lagging and glitching and i cant find any resolutions to this problem.if you do have a simple resolution please let me know P.S should i give up playing :'(
    These are the steps that worked for me, some of which you have likely already tried. I've had a lot of fun playing in IP, but it did take some work to get there.

-- Replaced the world with EllaCharmed's fixed version from ModTheSims (site is down at the moment, hopefully only temporary).
    -- NRaas Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and Register mods are essential for me generally, but especially so in Isla Paradiso.
    -- Moved all town's residents who were living on houseboats into land-based houses except for one family of ghosts (was later told this was extreme, but I did leave the boats in place so I might move some of them back some day; the Scott family houseboat is known to be especially problematic).
    -- Moved the Medina and Ichtaca households elsewhere and bulldozed their lots. They are hopelessly flawed, which is a shame since the Ichtaca castle was very nice looking.
    -- Disallowed wild horses as they kept getting stuck in odd places, contributing to lag.

That is admittedly a lot of steps to work through to make an EA world playable. My sims were only there on a five day vacation (courtesy of the NRaas Traveler mod) and didn't own any resorts, so there may have been other glitches waiting to happen, but gameplay was fine for me once I did all that. If you aren't interested in fixing the world, and not sure I blame you if you're not, you could still use many of the game elements that the EP offers in other worlds or find some custom tropical worlds that are just set up better.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Galaxas wrote: »
    This world is completely unplayable, which is silly considering I run every other game I own on the highest settings, but even turning down the settings in this town makes no difference. Looking around online I see a LOT of complaints on this town, but the fixes involve a ridiculous amount of downloading mods or editing the world. I'd rather not risk downloading mods (the only one I could find made zero sense anyway).
    Is there a simpler fix for this lag? 'Cause if not I'm getting my money back. I get about 3 seconds of gameplay at a time and then sit through 15+ seconds of a frozen screen.
    And before I purchase any other worlds, are any others like this?

Delete all families and hoses, buildings, etc. - then out back new houses, etc. - I did it and it works
  • Options
    heartslilyheartslily Posts: 17 New Member
    I remember being able to play Island Paradise so smoothly but then I updated my mac to Yosemite and when I played it everything froze every minute and it was really laggy. Then I took a break from it for a while then recently I started a new family and I was able to play it smoothly so I don't exactly know what happened but I would suggest taking a break from IP and play another world for a while. Unless you really want to play it.
  • Options
    MegnogSimsLoverMegnogSimsLover Posts: 6 New Member
    I somehow fixed mine. I dont know if this will work for you but so far its working for me. What I did was create my family and move them into Sunset Valley. Then I had them move to Isla Paradiso and it stopped lagging. Also I havent played it in a while like @heartslily said. Hope this helps