Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 1 Goth House - Second Empire Style

ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
edited April 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
The Goths are perhaps my favourite premade family in the Sims series, and perhaps all of video gaming. However, one thing that has started to grate on me is the Flanderization of the family, going from an upper middle class family living in a modest manor house, to being extravagant Addams family clone living in increasingly ridiculous mansions.

Likewise, according to a thread in Moreawesomethanyou (I think it's that one, it was years ago I read it), according to hidden files, the Goths were originally going to have a Second Empire version of their Sims 1 home in the Sims 2 (however, instead we got a Second Empiresque recreation of from what my research can find is the Haunted House from Disneyland with the front central tower, it seems to be familiar from classic Hollywood, and I think there is a version in Creepy Hollow in Makin' Magic ... headcannon, Pleasantview is built on Creepy Hollow/Magic Town), ever since, I stopped using the rundown Victorian mansion architecture for the Goths, and have given them something more fitting to them and the neighbourhood.

This is why I have created a Second Empire style home for them in The Sims 4, complete with mansard roofs and a tower.

04-05-15_7-22nbspPM-2_zpsmnklxu4h.png
04-05-15_7-23nbspPM_zpsynic7be7.png
04-05-15_7-24nbspPM-2_zpsy3vnbkwf.png
04-05-15_7-24nbspPM_zpsfko4ubpv.png
04-05-15_7-30nbspPM_zpsyhn7unws.png

The ground floor is a direct recreation of the origonal home, with several cosmetic differences (the master bedroom has been converted into a formal dining room, a breakfast table added in the kitchen etc).

04-05-15_7-26nbspPM-2_zps2dfcy3az.png
04-05-15_7-26nbspPM_zpsamemjtio.png
04-05-15_7-25nbspPM-2_zpsb2goyzsl.png

Upstairs becomes more complicated, Cassandra's bedroom has been moved into the attic (let's say this used to be the servants quarters), and the first floor (second if you are of the North American persuasion) has added two bedrooms, (including the master), and a study (I tried to use the Ottoman to create a sort of window seat, not really convinced how well it succeeds at this).

04-05-15_7-27nbspPM_zpslhv7fzaf.png
04-05-15_7-27nbspPM-2_zps0dz29sev.png
04-05-15_7-27nbspPM-3_zpsunxhd2w2.png

Finally, I have added a back garden complete with a small gazebo and lined with flower beds. And leaving space for graves.

04-05-15_7-29nbspPM_zpsqudlvjos.png
04-05-15_7-28nbspPM_zpskygrk3cg.png

The house can be found under the name Second Empire Goth House, by my gallery profile name Thetford92, or through the following hastags #ts1, #Goth, #secondempire, #victorian .

Thanks hope you download and enjoy!
Post edited by Thetford on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    Second Empire Goth House is very nice! :) The exterior of it looks very nice! The mansard roofing, the tower and the way you have placed the windows in the build looks so very nice! The red flowers box windows are nice touches in the build. The flowers look pretty either sides of the front steps. Nice covered over front porch. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seat bench there looking out at the outdoors views. Very nice back patio! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and sitting at the red umbrella covered table eating their meal in the sunshine. Sims will enjoy growing plants in the planters on the patio there. It looks very nice how you have placed the rocks around the flowers on the side area of the build. The back garden is so very lovely! It looks nice how you have a hedge arch entrance to the garden area The gazebo is very nice! It looks very pretty how you have placed the flowers in the garden areas! The tree and flowers feature in the corner is very nice! The water fountain is a nice touch in the garden. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the seats there enjoying the verry nice surroundings! The layout of the build is very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The music room alcove is very nice! Very nice blue colour scheme of the room. The wall pattern looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the arnchairs there listening to the grand piano being played. The gold and blue patterned floor rug looks very nice in the colour scheme of the room. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the coffee table. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst sitting there. Very nice furnishing of the kitchen! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets! Nice eat in dining area. The upstairs bedrooms are nice. Very nice study area! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk using the computer or reading a book. It looks nice how you have angled the study desk. The brown wall paneling looks very nice and suits well the type of area. Cassandra's attic bedroom looks pretty! The pink colour scheme of the room is nice. The pink teddy is cute there! Sims will enjoy playing with the dollhouse.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    I was so taken by this home I diwnload it as soon as I got home from work!

Good job!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! That looks gorgeous! Loving the architecture! Well done! :)