Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any ideas on what is going on with this sim?

Everyone else is working just fine, but this one sim, and this is what is going on with her.

First I tried to get her to take a vacation day from work (she has some personal issues with another sim, that I'm trying to repair). But when I went to anything dealing with work, from quitting, calling in sick, vacation day; all those options are greyed out, and it says, Sim is at work. She is not at work.

Second when I try to have this very same sim do the dishes, it says there is no trash can or sink; there are two perfectly working sinks, and two trash cans. Once I was able to have her actually throw a dish away, but she takes it down the street, and throws it in a trash can that is down the road and off her property.

She is the only one I'm having these weird issues with. Any ideas on why she is so wonky?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I am, but I have made sure they are all been updated. This was the first thing I checked.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    The last patch/GTW (either/or) broke a bunch of stuff.

I would recommend saving your game to a new copy for testing... take out your mods folder, and run the new save to see if the trouble IS with the sim, or if it's possible one of the mods might be causing it. Maybe one mod conflicting with another? All mods working is one thing, all mods working together properly might be a different thing. I've had that happen.

Having origin online causes problems... running origin in game causes problems... personally I've had autoupdate (origin and sims4) cause problems, so I have all that turned off, too.

A mod I can't name (forum rules) that's blur related (you can PM me if you want) has had some phone issues mentioned... and it seems like the latest time-slow mod has also caused issues for some.

Without knowing what mods you have, this is about as specific as I can be. But I'm willing to try to help, just need a little more info to be any good at it.

Good luck!
  • Options
    pax1swpax1sw Posts: 654 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Everyone else is working just fine, but this one sim, and this is what is going on with her.

First I tried to get her to take a vacation day from work (she has some personal issues with another sim, that I'm trying to repair). But when I went to anything dealing with work, from quitting, calling in sick, vacation day; all those options are greyed out, and it says, Sim is at work. She is not at work.

Second when I try to have this very same sim do the dishes, it says there is no trash can or sink; there are two perfectly working sinks, and two trash cans. Once I was able to have her actually throw a dish away, but she takes it down the street, and throws it in a trash can that is down the road and off her property.

She is the only one I'm having these weird issues with. Any ideas on why she is so wonky?

I've had a similar problem with sinks pretty regularly across my game in all households I've played to date... (not the jobs thing, though)... and found a fast, cost-free work-around that repaired the sink so my sim would use it again.

Go into Build, grab your sinks and trash can (guess it might work for that too, never had your problem with them), drag them into Household Inventory and drop them there. Then, you don't have to close out of Household Inventory, just take the objects out of Household Inventory and place them where they were originally. This works for me.
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Have you tried going into Origin and repairing your game, to see if that fixes things?
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited April 2015
    pax1sw wrote: »

I've had a similar problem with sinks pretty regularly across my game in all households I've played to date... (not the jobs thing, though)... and found a fast, cost-free work-around that repaired the sink so my sim would use it again.

Go into Build, grab your sinks and trash can (guess it might work for that too, never had your problem with them), drag them into Household Inventory and drop them there. Then, you don't have to close out of Household Inventory, just take the objects out of Household Inventory and place them where they were originally. This works for me.

This for when you are having trouble with objects.

For vacation days you can take one as early as 24 hours before the next shift. If it isn't available, it's too soon. You are also able to call in just before work. If all the options are grayed, make a new save and restart your game. Check the new save and see if the options are still grayed out. Check the old save as well. If on either save the options are still grayed out, repair your game via Origin and try again.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    omgxxstefferkneeomgxxstefferknee Posts: 154 Member
    i think i may have had the work issue once. but it was telling me my sim was home and they weren't. so i just clicked on them and had them leave work early or something and it brought them to the lot. maybe try moving them out and back in? i've had the dish issue plenty of times. i just add a little trash can and it fixes it. not sure what that's about. maybe since the patch broke things it completely ignores anything on the lot like sinks or trashcans until you add a new one.
  • Options
    i think i may have had the work issue once. but it was telling me my sim was home and they weren't. so i just clicked on them and had them leave work early or something and it brought them to the lot. maybe try moving them out and back in? i've had the dish issue plenty of times. i just add a little trash can and it fixes it. not sure what that's about. maybe since the patch broke things it completely ignores anything on the lot like sinks or trashcans until you add a new one.

Really? Buy one tiny thing, and it fixes all that? Cool! I wonder if everybody knows that trick... we should get that in the "books" since so many seem to have these kinds of problems.

Along with the other good idea from @pax1sw to drag the broken thing(s) into household inventory and back out.

These 2 fixes sound simple... I wish all the bugs were as easy to squash!
  • Options
    omgxxstefferkneeomgxxstefferknee Posts: 154 Member
    mhmm. no idea if that is a solution though but it did work for me.
  • Options
    Surprise, I logged in to find this AND another bug.

Dragging the trashcan and sink to HH inv and back didn't fix it. I bought a new trashcan to see if that did it (replaced original with different kind), but I haven't had the dirty dishes to test it with yet. I dragged the last pile into the sink when my Neat sim kept putting the stack on the table. Grr!

Here's my other issue, sims without all their traits. It HAS been happening to my Librarians a LOT, but I haven't been to the library yet in this game... just now on my first community lot, Desert Bloom park. And I get this:

9huddx.jpg

Repaired the game just this morning. Piece by Piece. No mods in (again). So... why?

And, just HOW serious is it if I use cas.fulleditmode to fix this guy/others? I don't want to trash my game, EA/Origin et al is doing a fine job of that without any help from me.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited April 2015

Here's my other issue, sims without all their traits. It HAS been happening to my Librarians a LOT, but I haven't been to the library yet in this game... just now on my first community lot, Desert Bloom park. And I get this:

9huddx.jpg

Repaired the game just this morning. Piece by Piece. No mods in (again). So... why?

And, just HOW serious is it if I use cas.fulleditmode to fix this guy/others? I don't want to trash my game, EA/Origin et al is doing a fine job of that without any help from me.

This also happened to another one of my sims as well. (The lack of traits.)
    Post edited by LaBlue0314 on
  • Options
    I am only using three mods r

9huddx.jpg

This also happened to another one of my sims as well. (The lack of traits.)

Oh, good! I wasn't trying to hijack your thread, I'm just curious as to who else has even seen this ? thing happen. (I know the top one stays blank, new bug-feature :wink: ... that LAST one, though, concerns me, when it's an "uneditable" trait.)

I just twinned this guy off into a new brother, deleted broken guy.

Easy enough, but I haven't tried to fix any employed sims. Not sure how to do that... but I doubt a twin would also carry the "librarian" flag, for example.

(One game post 3/26 patch, I had mod-palooza going on, and not only was my bin cranking out sims at breakneck speed, 2/3 of them were shy one trait! It was epic. And then I pulled everything out and fixed it, mostly anyway. Fun to watch the meltdown for a few minutes, though.)

I would like to hear more from people who have used cas.fulleditmode... I'm chicken, but I think I may need to dust it off, if it isn't a gamebreaker... (sims2 "occupied households" bin, anyone?)