Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims won't sit and read a book... bug or by design?

mtwtfss71mtwtfss71 Posts: 173 Member
My Sims will repeatedly grab a book of the bookshelf, sit and start to read, then get up and put the book on the nearest surface. Then they will go and grab a new one, rinse and repeat. This happens both autonomously and when I tell them to read a book. It happens on all lots, with all Sims.

It feels like a bug to me but I haven't read about anyone else experiencing this. Am I alone?

Comments

• Options
    omgxxstefferkneeomgxxstefferknee Posts: 154 Member
    doesn't really sound like a glitch to be a mod or cc issue because they go through the action. it's not like they pick up the book and jump. i honestly have no idea what could be going on. haven't heard anyone else with this issue. hmm..
  • Options
    I have no mods or CC. I've repaired the game a few times to fix other glitches. So this behavior isn't normal, I take it? It has always been how my Sims read in my game. I tend to not keep bookshelves in my houses once I can afford a tv for this reason.
  • Options
    i never have a bookcase in my house ever so i cannot tell if this is normal lol they are doing a full action though so that's the weird part. they aren't stopping and jumping. maybe it has to do with this whole multitasking thing in the game. i know it takes a few tries sometimes to get my sim just to cook something because they want to talk or do something else and the action keeps cancelling.
  • Options
    I think I'll report it under the bug thread. I just wanted to make sure it was actually unexpected before doing that. :) Thanks for responding.
  • Options
    yupp! :)
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I've had this, too. Even my Bookworm Sims will not sit and read a book. They never finish one, and they NEVER put it back. They seem to like putting it down behind things, too. All of my Sims since the beginning have done this. I love that my Sims will take a book, then go read it with their legs in the pool, but even then they only read for a moment, then leave the book somewhere.

100% vanilla, my Sims are almost always single, so they are not distracted talking to anyone.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    It's great to know I'm not alone! hehe :) It's annoying, isn't it?
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    I have had varied success with Sims reading, but in general it's very hard to have them read for a prolonged time.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member