May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GTW Careers seriously boring and repetitive

DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
I decided to give GTW a go and honestly I'm just flat out bored with it already. Tried out a scientist and things started out fine, getting breakthroughs, inventing ray guns, wormhole generators, and wacky serums. Then I upgraded my ray gun for mind control. Now everyday is just a revolving series of making co-workers change clothes, make a co-worker clean, make a co-worker sit, make a co-worker eat. I've done next to nothing for several career levels now expect wander around all day mind controlling co-workers. Its getting a little ridiculous.

How many times in a row do I really need to make co-workers change their clothes?
mafjts.png

Why not give us tasks to work on the rocket ship, or maybe spend time playing with the plum'ing wormhole generator that's been gathering dust ever since I made it. Never once got a task to do anything at all with it after I made it, same with the clone machine, once or twice I got a task to hive mind the town with the satellite dish.

Just on and on and on with making people change clothes. Sure it was kinda cute the first time I did it, but the 57th time isn't as exciting honestly. For a full priced EP really expected more effort than this. /shrug

Comments

• Options
    turnedintostoneturnedintostone Posts: 155 Member
    Mind control can get a little out of hand. I usually ignore those goals and work on the other. Except when something like your image happens and it's there twice. *smh* Though I have gotten goals to work on the rocket and to work on the wormhole generator so it does happen. I usually do the goals for work until the bar is full and typically have a good 3-4 hours of work time to let my sim do what they want.
    Fact: a thing that is indisputably the case.

Opinion: a view or judgment formed about something; an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.

A fact is a specific detail that is true based on objective proof. An opinion is an interpretation, judgment, or belief.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yeh. I tend to ignore those ones, and once they fill the task bar choices, I go out and collect metals and crystals. Or make serums.
  • Options
    Yeah occasionally I get a task to make a serum, like the one there that of course I have no ingredients for. You'd think that lout doing nothing at the front desk could order some plum'ing ingredients and have them delivered, but nope, all the other sims in the research lab are apparently just mind control fodder.

The completely random nature of the daily tasks irregardless of career level, skills, previous work (like inventing things other than the mind control gun), etc., is really disappointing. Each career level should be getting its own set of tasks as you progress leading you up to your max career level. Just lazy, lazy implementation here. Not sure if I want to even bother with any other careers if they are all going to be the same way.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited April 2015
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    The completely random nature of the daily tasks irregardless of career level, skills, previous work (like inventing things other than the mind control gun), etc., is really disappointing. Each career level should be getting its own set of tasks as you progress leading you up to your max career level. Just lazy, lazy implementation here. Not sure if I want to even bother with any other careers if they are all going to be the same way.

^This

The medical career is even worse. I haven't bothered with the detective one. Not sure if I will in the near future either. I'm only trying the science one right now because the game randomly assigned one of my playable sims to it when I was in another household. Same happened with the medical career. I'd love a normal science and medical career, but I never really liked the whole 'go to work with your sim' aspect of the game. It's not my thing. It's only worthwhile if you're playing a single sim.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Yeah occasionally I get a task to make a serum, like the one there that of course I have no ingredients for. You'd think that lout doing nothing at the front desk could order some plum'ing ingredients and have them delivered, but nope, all the other sims in the research lab are apparently just mind control fodder.

So you want it more strict?

Personally, I don't. You can ignore them or do what you want. If you want to make that serum, then spend a day finding the ingredients rather than worry about getting to the next level. You do realize that anything you do will assist you to the next level, right?

I don't want it to be so streamlined that I can't do anything except for what they laid out on a given day. My scientist normally makes over 1200 a day if I complete the tasks. I have many days where he comes home with only about 200 because I've chosen to do what I want to do that day.

I guess it's all in how you play, but I certainly don't want it even more linear or streamlined.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I haven't had a task yet to control any NPCs..what I do have is gab at this person or another. The whole aspect of gabbing in this game annoys me. I do like the science and doctor career over the detective career. The detective career never differs from level 1 to level 10. It is the same tasks over and over through out the whole career.

At least the doctor and science career you get to do some different things as you climb the ladder.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

Personally, I don't. You can ignore them or do what you want. If you want to make that serum, then spend a day finding the ingredients rather than worry about getting to the next level. You do realize that anything you do will assist you to the next level, right?

I don't want it to be so streamlined that I can't do anything except for what they laid out on a given day. My scientist normally makes over 1200 a day if I complete the tasks. I have many days where he comes home with only about 200 because I've chosen to do what I want to do that day.

I guess it's all in how you play, but I certainly don't want it even more linear or streamlined.

So if you aren't worried about actually making money from your job, then sure, just ignore the tasks. Yep I tried that once till I saw how impacts the bottom line.

If all it is going to be is a random jumble of tasks without any kind of structure at all why even have career levels? You shouldn't be doing the same random nonsense as a lead scientist as you did when you were a simple lab tech. You certainly shouldn't spend 3 or 4 career levels doing nothing but mind controlling your lab assistants.

How does that even make sense for getting promoted anyway? "So I see in your performance review here you've done no experiments, no inventing, haven't done any actual scientific work at all. You spend your whole day wandering around making people change into their swimwear... Congratulations! You are now the new Laboratory Manager!" :s

• Options

So if you aren't worried about actually making money from your job, then sure, just ignore the tasks. Yep I tried that once till I saw how impacts the bottom line.

If all it is going to be is a random jumble of tasks without any kind of structure at all why even have career levels? You shouldn't be doing the same random nonsense as a lead scientist as you did when you were a simple lab tech. You certainly shouldn't spend 3 or 4 career levels doing nothing but mind controlling your lab assistants.

How does that even make sense for getting promoted anyway? "So I see in your performance review here you've done no experiments, no inventing, haven't done any actual scientific work at all. You spend your whole day wandering around making people change into their swimwear... Congratulations! You are now the new Laboratory Manager!" :s

As I said, my scientist can make over 1200 a DAY. My bills are around 2K. He has those covered in 2 days work. I can use the other 3 days to do what I want. It has no impact on my bottom line. So I don't have to follow tasks I don't want to and will do what I want. And if I want him to make extra freeze rays, and satellites and serums, then that is what he will do. If I want him to spend a day picking up more metals and crystals to do that, then that is what he will do.

I will pick and choose which tasks they want me to follow. No, I won't go read a book or spend 30 minutes on the treadmill. Nor will I spend my day chit-chatting. I have better things to do there. I will buckle down when it's relevant to what I think I should be doing.

BTW, my sim is at level 9 without chasing after co-workers. I do however discuss work with them, or aliens, etc. But chasing them down to mind control them is not high on my list of daily tasks.
  • Options
    PhuxionPhuxion Posts: 67 Member
    > @DecafHigh said:
    > So if you aren't worried about actually making money from your job, then sure, just ignore the tasks. Yep I tried that once till I saw how impacts the bottom line.

Any time you change screens/lots it resets the objectives. So for instance in the Detective career if you're at the police station and don't want to do any of those 3 objectives you can go out on patrol and get 3 completely different objectives, or investigate a crime scene and get another set of different objectives.

> If all it is going to be is a random jumble of tasks without any kind of structure at all why even have career levels? You shouldn't be doing the same random nonsense as a lead scientist as you did when you were a simple lab tech. You certainly shouldn't spend 3 or 4 career levels doing nothing but mind controlling your lab assistants.

It's because the careers had to be structured the same way the existing careers were structured. If you have someone in your household who is a Detective but that you don't actively play when they go to work their job still functions the same way that the base game jobs do and they have to work that way due to the way the base game was designed.

In order for it to be handled differently requires the rules/design of the base game to be different. Had they known early on in production that they'd be doing Get To Work they might not have handled jobs the way they did, but that didn't happen.

> How does that even make sense for getting promoted anyway? "So I see in your performance review here you've done no experiments, no inventing, haven't done any actual scientific work at all. You spend your whole day wandering around making people change into their swimwear... Congratulations! You are now the new Laboratory Manager!"

Again, it's the problem of the existing careers being made the way they were.
  • Options
    KininaKinina Posts: 124 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

^This

The medical career is even worse. I haven't bothered with the detective one. Not sure if I will in the near future either. I'm only trying the science one right now because the game randomly assigned one of my playable sims to it when I was in another household. Same happened with the medical career. I'd love a normal science and medical career, but I never really liked the whole 'go to work with your sim' aspect of the game. It's not my thing. It's only worthwhile if you're playing a single sim.

I couldn’t agree more, Kremesch. I honestly don’t know why I purchased this EP. Everything I thought we’d be able to do is totally not possible. And I miss the normal medical career. Sometimes I feel like I’m forcing myself to like TS4. It just doesn’t feel exciting and fun, but my God so much potential.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So the consensus is then that the entire active career framework is best left ignored? Then what the heck did I just pay $40 for? A few build/buy objects and some lots? I can use CC for that honestly (well except for the extra lot space). And no, I don't give them a pass because "the base careers work that way", as the active careers already operate in an entirely different manner and this being an EP they could/should have taken the time to change what may have needed changed.

In the end everyone is saying the same thing here, GTW was not well done at all. Whether you are frustrated by the structured parts of the game play or you prefer to ignore that major part of the EP all together, we're all saying that they failed to deliver something worth doing. /sigh After the base release I told myself not to buy GTW, but I had the opportunity to have some time available just now so I went against my better judgement. Now I'll know better for future EP's.
  • Options

Wait... What...? I thought that was how Managers always got their jobs >.>

I'm obviously in the wrong line of work.
  • Options
    > @DecafHigh said:
    > So the consensus is then that the entire active career framework is best left ignored? Then what the heck did I just pay $40 for? A few build/buy objects and some lots? I can use CC for that honestly (well except for the extra lot space). And no, I don't give them a pass because "the base careers work that way", as the active careers already operate in an entirely different manner and this being an EP they could/should have taken the time to change what may have needed changed.

They couldn't have done what you're asking for without having gone over their development time and budget. That's what you're not understanding. They don't have an unlimited budget to make the games and EPs as good as they possibly could be.

The Sims 4 wasn't as successful as the past 3 Sims games and as such EA isn't going to give them a lot of money to work with in terms of updates to the game, not to mention the primary Maxis studio was just shut down recently. So yeah, they're not doing great, but don't let that stand in the way of your greed and ignorance. Continuing desiring what isn't actually possible for them to deliver I'm sure you won't ever be disappointed that way.

> In the end everyone is saying the same thing here, GTW was not well done at all. Whether you are frustrated by the structured parts of the game play or you prefer to ignore that major part of the EP all together, we're all saying that they failed to deliver something worth doing. /sigh After the base release I told myself not to buy GTW, but I had the opportunity to have some time available just now so I went against my better judgement. Now I'll know better for future EP's.

In other words you've learned nothing from the history of video games or The Sims franchise in general. Way to go.
  • Options
    Phuxion wrote: »
    In other words you've learned nothing from the history of video games or The Sims franchise in general. Way to go.

/rollseyes Yeah okay pal, hope that sanctimonious attitude helps you feel better about yourself.

As for me, I do expect more than the devs just throwing a bunch of random illogical tasks into a work queue. I suppose, as this thread points out other people's standards aren't as high, I guess that's their issue. When I spend $40 on an EP I do expect them to actually put more thought into than just letting RNG handle it. I didn't ask for anything there that would take 'years of development' or 'millions of dollars' to do, that's pretty simple and basic stuff I mentioned, but as long as they have folks defending them just throwing a bunch of nothing into a pot and letting RNG stir it I suppose they don't have much reason to try any harder than that. I'll just be on my way then...

• Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Not to bash anyone for liking or not liking GTW but personally, I was really impressed with it. I've been playing nonstop since I got it and I'm having a lot of fun. I love the new CAS parts, objects, lots, skills, careers, aliens and retail aspect. You do have a point with the careers becoming repetitive, but as someone here mentioned, you can choose which goals you want to complete, making things a little more open-ended. It's not about not meeting the bottom line and not filling up your performance meter, every goal you complete helps you max out your performance meter for the day so you can choose what you want to do and still go home with a full performance bar and lots of money. For example, my doctor Sim is getting pretty high up there in her career. She can use a lot of the more advanced equipment and she gets goals related to using that equipment to help diagnose and treat her patients. She also gets goals to do things like mop the floors, but I ignore those goals because she's got better things to do. I just have her focus on the goals related to diagnosing and treating her patients and she still goes home every day with a maxed out performance bar and a nice big chunk of simoleans in her pocket. I find the most repetitive career is the detective career since it always follows the same formula of visit the crime scene, gather evidence, analyze evidence, build a case map to gather clues about the suspect, issue an APB and arrest the suspect, interrogate the suspect, get a confession, lock up the suspect, case closed. In real life, however, solving a case does follow that basic formula so in that career, I understand that process a bit more (I'm also a big fan of TV crime dramas like Criminal Minds and CSI which the detective career reminds me of a lot).

I'm sorry your playing experience hasn't been as enjoyable but I'd say try giving the careers a go and allowing yourself a bit more freedom in choosing the goals. You'll find that you end up being able to focus on what you want, ignoring what you don't want and still end up doing well at work and making plenty of money. :)
  • Options
    > @DecafHigh said:
    > /rollseyes Yeah okay pal, hope that sanctimonious attitude helps you feel better about yourself.

Says the person who's upset about spending $40 on a EP and complaining about on a video game forum.

> As for me, I do expect more than the devs just throwing a bunch of random illogical tasks into a work queue.

Based on what exactly, all the other EPs that were over priced and not worth? Oh I know how about the Sims Store, that was perfect right?

>I suppose, as this thread points out other people's standards aren't as high, I guess that's their issue.

It doesn't matter if they're high or not, it's not going to change anything. Everybody's expectations could've been super high and we would've gotten the exact same game. What is so hard to understand about that?

>When I spend $40 on an EP I do expect them to actually put more thought into than just letting RNG handle it.

When someone like Blizzard makes a $40 EP for World of Warcraft I have a certain level of expectation of it given that the game pulls in almost a billion dollars a year from subscriptions alone. Not to mention Blizzard's track record for EPs for all their products on average have always been pretty good. They generally always possess a certain level of quality.

When a game like Skyrim sells over 10 million copies, I then expect them to put out significant DLC updates to it like Dawnguard and Dragonborn. That also combined with the fact that Bethesda put out some great pieces of DLC for Oblivion and Fallout 3 also set a certain standard as well.

When The Sims 4 is the least successful game of the 4 core titles combined with the fact that Maxis just got shut down and taking into account that the vast majority of post support content for their games is generally underwhelming GTW is not a surprise that it is the way it is.

>I didn't ask for anything there that would take 'years of development' or 'millions of dollars' to do

Didn't say it would've genius, but it definitely would've required a bigger budget and a development time longer of just a few months.

>that's pretty simple and basic stuff I mentioned

According to someone who's never actually worked on video games and has no clue what they're talking about.

>but as long as they have folks defending them

I'm simply telling you why things are the way they. You can disagree with facts all you want, but you disagreeing isn't going to change the facts or the way things work.

>I suppose they don't have much reason to try any harder than that.

What does trying hard have to do with anything?

If you don't have the time, money, and resources to give something the proper attention it needs no amount of effort is going to change the quality of the product.

How greedy, selfish, and ignorant are you that you constantly have to be this blind to the way things work?
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I really enjoy it. I don't agree much with you. Is much better than Ambitions imo. Only boring career for me is doctor but is my opinion
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    > @DecafHigh said:
    > /rollseyes Yeah okay pal, hope that sanctimonious attitude helps you feel better about yourself.

Says the person who's upset about spending $40 on a EP and complaining about on a video game forum.

> As for me, I do expect more than the devs just throwing a bunch of random illogical tasks into a work queue.

Based on what exactly, all the other EPs that were over priced and not worth? Oh I know how about the Sims Store, that was perfect right?

>I suppose, as this thread points out other people's standards aren't as high, I guess that's their issue.

It doesn't matter if they're high or not, it's not going to change anything. Everybody's expectations could've been super high and we would've gotten the exact same game. What is so hard to understand about that?

>When I spend $40 on an EP I do expect them to actually put more thought into than just letting RNG handle it.

When someone like Blizzard makes a $40 EP for World of Warcraft I have a certain level of expectation of it given that the game pulls in almost a billion dollars a year from subscriptions alone. Not to mention Blizzard's track record for EPs for all their products on average have always been pretty good. They generally always possess a certain level of quality.

When a game like Skyrim sells over 10 million copies, I then expect them to put out significant DLC updates to it like Dawnguard and Dragonborn. That also combined with the fact that Bethesda put out some great pieces of DLC for Oblivion and Fallout 3 also set a certain standard as well.

When The Sims 4 is the least successful game of the 4 core titles combined with the fact that Maxis just got shut down and taking into account that the vast majority of post support content for their games is generally underwhelming GTW is not a surprise that it is the way it is.

>I didn't ask for anything there that would take 'years of development' or 'millions of dollars' to do

Didn't say it would've genius, but it definitely would've required a bigger budget and a development time longer of just a few months.

According to someone who's never actually worked on video games and has no clue what they're talking about.

I'm simply telling you why things are the way they. You can disagree with facts all you want, but you disagreeing isn't going to change the facts or the way things work.

If you don't have the time, money, and resources to give something the proper attention it needs no amount of effort is going to change the quality of the product.

How greedy, selfish, and ignorant are you that you constantly have to be this blind to the way things work?

You do know that they develop the first and second EPs while the base game is still in development, right? That they were assuming TS4 would sell while they were developing it because it hadn't even been released, yet? Apparently, you seem to be the blind and ignorant one in this argument. They had plenty of time to develop this system. They had plenty of time to go back over it and think about how it works and put more thought and logic into it. You know why they didn't? Because this game is designed for people to only play with 1 sim or 1 family. So everything in the world around you doesn't matter. It is plumming ridiculous that sims I create that own a store and have not hired anyone else are not working at their stores when I visit with a different family. The game assigns some random pooled worker. How hard is it to add a few lines of code --if owned <insert name> will be there--. It's not that complicated, it just requires a little forethought and logic. The careers...don't even get me started. Instead of task, task, task, they could have made them their own mini games. This is a freaking simulation people. I would have loved to have the opportunity to set up and run my own hospital or doctor's office. I would have loved an actual disease system that spread through the world with some logic. They could have introduced a criminal system with the detective career and allowed us to solve actual crime happening in the world. It's just absurd that a simulation game doesn't actually simulate anything. What they need to do is hire some developers with some simulation experience because this team fails at it bad.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    You know what was boring? AMBITIONS! Any sim job will get repetitive at some point, but for me I love having my scientist bring his inventions home. Then he can cause havoc around town and while on his home lot.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    > @Mstybl95 said:
    > You do know that they develop the first and second EPs while the base game is still in development, right?

No, they don't.

They might be doing pre-production work on the first expansion while the base game is in development, but they aren't doing any hard coding, scripting, R&D testing, etc, while the base game is in development. Their scripters, programmers, etc, would all be working on the base game.

During certification is when development on things like DLC and EPs begin.

>That they were assuming TS4 would sell while they were developing it because it hadn't even been released, yet?

Yeah what an oddity that someone developing a game would think that there game would sell right?

>Apparently, you seem to be the blind and ignorant one in this argument.

Except that of the two of us I'm the only one who's actually worked in game development and it's clear that you don't know what you're talking about.

>They had plenty of time to develop this system.

Uhm no they didn't. This game started out as an online/MMO type game, which I'm sure is yet another thing that you're completely clueless about.

At a certain point in the game's production the budget and development time were significantly reduced and the game was scaled back in size and scope.

>They had plenty of time to go back over it and think about how it works and put more thought and logic into it.

Again, no they didn't.

During development you get locked into certain decisions early on that you simply can't go back and change months later in the development process.

It's a result of poor planning or lack of foresight, not the BS reason(s) you're spewing.

>You know why they didn't? Because this game is designed for people to only play with 1 sim or 1 family. So everything in the world around you doesn't matter.

Yeah, it's almost like it started out production as a MMO type game where the player would only control one sim/family. Weird huh?

>It is plumming ridiculous that sims I create that own a store and have not hired anyone else are not working at their stores when I visit with a different family.

It's expected really, not ridiculous.

What about the base game that you were disappointed with made you think that you'd be satisfied with the EP?

>The game assigns some random pooled worker. How hard is it to add a few lines of code --if owned <insert name> will be there--.

Harder than you think.

>It's not that complicated

Says the person who's never coded a video game.

>it just requires a little forethought and logic.

Yes, and had they planned this stuff out when the game base game started production then they wouldn't have this problem, but then again according to you based on nothing but your own conspiracy theories Get To Work was in full on production alongside the base game.

>The careers...don't even get me started. Instead of task, task, task, they could have made them their own mini games. This is a freaking simulation people. I would have loved to have the opportunity to set up and run my own hospital or doctor's office. I would have loved an actual disease system that spread through the world with some logic. They could have introduced a criminal system with the detective career and allowed us to solve actual crime happening in the world.

Yeah if EA gave them more time and money and hadn't scaled the game back from what it originally was that stuff might have been possible at one point, but it isn't any longer.

>It's just absurd that a simulation game doesn't actually simulate anything. What they need to do is hire some developers with some simulation experience because this team fails at it bad.

These games don't have the mass appeal they once had. Between the release of The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 there are way more outlets out there for entertainment constantly vying for people's attention and smaller/simpler games like Minecraft, Facebook games, Phone games, etc, can now easily give people exactly what they want in short bursts rather than having to sit down and invest in anything.

Simulation games are archaic now days and only appeal a niche audience, not mention the fact that when games like Skyrim and Grand Theft Auto keep adding more and more simulation elements to their games that are focused purely on simulation seem tame in comparison.

The modern gaming age passed by The Sims basically. It's less relevant now. The Sims will always have amazing potential but it generally never has and probably never will allow the types of freedoms people can find in other games now days. The Sims will always be more restrictive than games like Skyrim or GTA or whatever and that doesn't have anything to do with violence or combat but more that in something like Skyrim you can get married, have kids, build house, have a business, etc, but you can also leave that stuff at any moment and explore a cave or do a quest (that doesn't involve combat) for someone or numerous other things and on top of that the modding community for Skyrim is huge and constantly creating insane content of different types, sizes, and varieties.

You also have MMOs and games like Second Life that people have as alternatives to get invested in as well.

The problems of this game aren't a result of the development team. It doesn't matter who you hire to work on it because they're never going to be able to deliver the game you're asking for especially when EA handles things the way that they do.
  • Options
    cherrypopcherrypop Posts: 64 Member
    > @kremesch73 said:
    > DecafHigh wrote: »
    >
    > The completely random nature of the daily tasks irregardless of career level, skills, previous work (like inventing things other than the mind control gun), etc., is really disappointing. Each career level should be getting its own set of tasks as you progress leading you up to your max career level. Just lazy, lazy implementation here. Not sure if I want to even bother with any other careers if they are all going to be the same way.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ^This
    >
    > The medical career is even worse. I haven't bothered with the detective one. Not sure if I will in the near future either. I'm only trying the science one right now because the game randomly assigned one of my playable sims to it when I was in another household. Same happened with the medical career. I'd love a normal science and medical career, but I never really liked the whole 'go to work with your sim' aspect of the game. It's not my thing. It's only worthwhile if you're playing a single sim.

You can decline to "join" and you won't have to follow your sim to work
  • Options
    KininaKinina Posts: 124 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    > @DecafHigh said:

You do know that they develop the first and second EPs while the base game is still in development, right? That they were assuming TS4 would sell while they were developing it because it hadn't even been released, yet? Apparently, you seem to be the blind and ignorant one in this argument. They had plenty of time to develop this system. They had plenty of time to go back over it and think about how it works and put more thought and logic into it. You know why they didn't? Because this game is designed for people to only play with 1 sim or 1 family. So everything in the world around you doesn't matter. It is plumming ridiculous that sims I create that own a store and have not hired anyone else are not working at their stores when I visit with a different family. The game assigns some random pooled worker. How hard is it to add a few lines of code --if owned <insert name> will be there--. It's not that complicated, it just requires a little forethought and logic. The careers...don't even get me started. Instead of task, task, task, they could have made them their own mini games. This is a freaking simulation people. I would have loved to have the opportunity to set up and run my own hospital or doctor's office. I would have loved an actual disease system that spread through the world with some logic. They could have introduced a criminal system with the detective career and allowed us to solve actual crime happening in the world. It's just absurd that a simulation game doesn't actually simulate anything. What they need to do is hire some developers with some simulation experience because this team fails at it bad.

Can I get an amen!!
  • Options
    > @Kinina said:
    > Can I get an amen!!

You want an amen for something that's not true?
  • Options
    cherrypop wrote: »
    You can decline to "join" and you won't have to follow your sim to work

One of the job requirements in the medical career is to chat with 2 patients . How do I do that without following my sim to work?