Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sick Sim

Okay so I'm playing a Chef sim and I noticed he's getting that "starry eyed" animation around his head. Now I've played the Doctor career but I have yet to play a Sim that could be a potential patient. Is there something I'm supposed to do so he doesn't get sick? I checked my phone and there wasn't anything about making a doctors appointment or going to the hospital and I've clicked on my Sim and nothing there either.
sims4forumsmaller.gif

Comments

• Options
    nightgoddess34nightgoddess34 Posts: 47 Member
    you have to order medicine off the computer to cure your sim
  • Options
    IconicIconic Posts: 427 Member

Instead of utilizing the newly implemented hospital. What a stupid choice, to allow us to go to the hospital when a Sim is a doctor but not when a Sim is sick. I'm still shaking my head at their lack of logic.
    Yes, I am the one obsessed with Michael Myers.
    Origin ID: iRetr0
    tumblr_ph50sjUexV1r2aobgo3_540.gif
  • Options
    CuitypieyCuitypiey Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2015
    Also the tea or
    orange juice does the trick
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

Instead of utilizing the newly implemented hospital. What a stupid choice, to allow us to go to the hospital when a Sim is a doctor but not when a Sim is sick. I'm still shaking my head at their lack of logic.

You can also go to the hospital when a sim is going to go into Labour
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    turnedintostoneturnedintostone Posts: 155 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

You can also go to the hospital when a sim is going to go into Labour

Which was totally adorable when my sim had a baby. Definitely an enjoyable experience.
    Fact: a thing that is indisputably the case.

Opinion: a view or judgment formed about something; an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.

A fact is a specific detail that is true based on objective proof. An opinion is an interpretation, judgment, or belief.
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    They really should have designed it so OUR Sims could visit the hospital when they were sick too. But the focus was on retail, so we lost out on that opportunity :(
  • Options
    GoddessKarmaGoddessKarma Posts: 52 Member
    Thats pretty ridiculous, it seems like everything they are releasing with Sims 4 is being released incomplete is this on purpose? This is supposed be next level from its predecessors but its just basic... Sad. They're just trying to milk it until we truly get tired of complaining and just stop caring altogether.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    If your sim doesn't have a moodlet that says 'caused by illness' or something along those lines, don't use medicine, just drink tea (green tea gives your sim a +2 happy moodlet) or orange juice. If there is a moodlet pointing out illness, order medicine with your computer and drink it (gives an energized moodlet if effective). Might be useful to have some medicine in your inventory, because you can only order it from your home lot (I'm pretty sure of that). Especially if you're a doctor, because you catch illnesses from your patients. Also useful if you're pursuing another active career, because you're away from home a lot.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Ms_BloomberryMs_Bloomberry Posts: 127 Member
    An add-on of Zerbu's marvellous ambience mod allowed me to place the hospital in willow creek so everyone can visit. The hospital staff are there all the time, but only the the front desk person is busy. Scrubs de Reve showed up as the doctor but he did nothing...

If EA won't do it, all we need now is a modder that can allows sick sims check in at the front desk & get treated. And I'll be perfectly happy with GTW.

By the way, why does one medicine cure all illnesses and why can't we sell medicines & run a pharmacy?

Illnesses should hv different/longer durations and should be treated with specific medicines IMHO.
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    I don't get why we can't give medicine or cure other Sims when not playing doctor at the hospital.

My Sim was constantly sick from customers at her store. I finally just started asking customers to leave that were sick.

:)