Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is the Hospital and others?

So I am playing the get to work and I notice that I can only see the hospital, police station, and all new career jobs when my Sim goes to work. Is there a way to place those into the world?

Comments

• Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited April 2015
    Sorry those lots are hidden unless your sim joins one of those careers.

Happy Simming Tori <3
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Sadly hidden lots. I so want to build my own police station :(
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I want to add more computers to the police station.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member

I'd be careful with that...it can cause the career to bug by being unable to pick up a new case assignment.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    candace92 wrote: »

I'd be careful with that...it can cause the career to bug by being unable to pick up a new case assignment.

You can't add them, the BB mode is grayed out.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    You can with a cheat, but using it can cause some glitches with the detective career.
  • Options
    I'm gonna try and see if I can put one in my sims personal inventory and take it out at the station.
  • Options

You can edit all hidden lots with bb.enablefreebuild like I said, I would be very careful. I've messed up my hospital and it's too late to go back and fix it. At least with the detective career, the bug was instant and I didn't loose much progress on the save.

Why give us an option to change it if it's just gonna bug out...
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

You can edit all hidden lots with bb.enablefreebuild like I said, I would be very careful. I've messed up my hospital and it's too late to go back and fix it. At least with the detective career, the bug was instant and I didn't loose much progress on the save.

Their goal probably wasn't too have players editing the hidden career lots. They've said since day 1 cheats are "use at your own risk" so it really just goes to show how the game was built. Most of the cheats can mess up your game, which is something that hasn't been a problem in previous games.
  • Options

Their goal probably wasn't too have players editing the hidden career lots. They've said since day 1 cheats are "use at your own risk" so it really just goes to show how the game was built. Most of the cheats can mess up your game, which is something that hasn't been a problem in previous games.

I guess, but they could've excluded those hidden lots from being part of the cheat by flagging it as a career lot instead of hidden. So it's either a bug, or an oversight.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

I have edited my hospital and it works fine. You just have to remember to keep one of everything that is already there.
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

I have edited my hospital and it works fine. You just have to remember to keep one of everything that is already there.

Mine works fine for the career, I just can't have babies at the hospital. In other threads where I've mentioned it, I followed the list...
  • Options
    Fsinaswee8Fsinaswee8 Posts: 63 New Member
    so where is the hospital located??
  • Options
    Fsinaswee8 wrote: »
    so where is the hospital located??

It's a hidden lot. You can only go if you're in the career or having a baby.
  • Options
    HudsonGTVHudsonGTV Posts: 25 Member
    does it bug out if I just move something in the police station without actually deleting it?
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I bulldozed my science lab and downloaded one on the gallery. My game functions just fine.
  • Options
    PsychomoiPsychomoi Posts: 41 Member
    So if my sim is sick, can i go to the hospital instead of getting medicine?
  • Options
    Easy BreazyEasy Breazy Posts: 88 Member
    No. You can only go to the hospital if you're a doctor or pregnant. Otherwise sick Sims at home will just order medicine.
  • Options
    SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    I bulldozed my science lab and downloaded one on the gallery. My game functions just fine.

How do you edit that? My build mode option is disabled when I am in the career modes.... And as stated by others there is no way to get to the careers unless you are working.... How do u do that?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    SimLover23 wrote: »

How do you edit that? My build mode option is disabled when I am in the career modes.... And as stated by others there is no way to get to the careers unless you are working.... How do u do that?

I'm pretty sure that person had a job in the science career. Did bb.enablefreebuild (like I mentioned before, and mentioned in a lot of other threads) and opened build/buy while on shift, opened the gallery, and placed the new building. It's a long and tedious process, but that is the only way to do it.
  • Options
    mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    You can make your own prison just use people you live with as prisoners I saw someone on you tube make one go check it out.sims4 prison .
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • Options
    GataLoverGataLover Posts: 7 New Member
    I really do wish that if you were sick you could go to the hospital to get cured.
    Personally, I think it is not fair that the sims controlled by the computer are allowed to go and we aren't!