Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What A Wonderful Surprise!

Woke up to find this behind the bathroom door...
k2icfq.jpg
My sweet husband got the get to work expansion pack for me! (Excuse the band aids; looks like he couldn't find the tape!)
I have a long shift at work today and I am so very excited to get off and get playing.

15dxmhv.jpg
This is a close up of the note. I call him nater tater (long story) but that's why he signed that way. :)

Just wanted to share.
I hope everyone has a wonderful, happy day today!
Can't wait to get playing! :)

Comments

• Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    Awww, what a lovely gesture!

Hope you enjoy the EP after your shift, I'm really liking it so far :)
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Looks like you have something to forward to after work, hope you enjoy playing it! :)
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Awwww what a sweetheart!! My heart just melted a little.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    policeofficerswifepoliceofficerswife Posts: 347 Member
    Thank you all for your comments!
    Very, VERY excited. Maybe my day will go by faster now? :)
    (Hopeful thinking!)
  • Options
    Tinyfazza84Tinyfazza84 Posts: 106 Member
    Aww thats so sweet :smiley: I hope your day goes fast
    Origin ID Tinyfazza84
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Awww, what a sweet hubby :) I hope you enjoy it! (and that you have/had an excellent day!) Thanks for sharing!
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    EvaliynEvaliyn Posts: 129 Member
    Omg so sweet :3 I'm sure that you will enjoy this expansion!
  • Options
    TheRealSimzFanatikTheRealSimzFanatik Posts: 118 Member
    What an awesome thing to do :) He's a keeper :)
    Hope your day goes by quickly so you can play! I really like GTW it's lots of fun :)
  • Options
    Ksx5000Ksx5000 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would just like to comment that your husband has the EXACT same handwriting as me.
  • Options
    Ksx5000 wrote: »
    I would just like to comment that your husband has the EXACT same handwriting as me.

All of his co-workers write the exact same! It's crazy. His best friend (that is also his co worker), if they write something down you can't tell it apart. It's absolutely amazing!
    I wonder if it's common?
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    You have a sweetheart! Those little things they do to make us happy! I can not tell you how much those little things mean to me. I can forgive the boots on the carpet, the 400 hats all over and the other annoying things because the little things he does to tell me he loves makes all the difference!! Sounds like your hubby is like that too!!

kim :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    What a sweatheart, wishing you a good day at work.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Lovely :) Imagine all the things you will create and play during work if it gets too boring :) and maybe will go faster!
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    How sweet!!
    I hope I marry a guy who will do stuff like that for me! <3o:)
  • Options
    SophieDiddleSophieDiddle Posts: 578 Member
    That's so lovely. Hope you both have a great day! <3
  • Options
    Mollypup9Mollypup9 Posts: 518 Member
    That is so sweet. You've got a keeper. <3

My husband used to surprise me with the sims stuff all the time. I always reacted like a little kid at xmas. I lost him several years ago. My son has made a habit of occasionally surprising me with sims stuff the way his dad used to do. (he surprised me with GTW the other day)

Your post made me grin from ear to ear as I sit here sipping my coffee. The faults will drive you crazy at times, but it's the little things they do that you cherish forever. :) I hope you have a wonderful time playing GTW.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    What a sweetheart. So thoughtful! That is a great boost to start a long day. Might make it longer waiting until you can to play afterwards, though! Lol.
  • Options
    HattyLouHattyLou Posts: 430 Member
    So cute! Love the fact he used band aids as he couldn't fine the tape, so sweet :)
  • Options
    noteye32noteye32 Posts: 250 Member
    im so excited for you! keep us up to date on what you think of the expansion pack. :smile:
  • Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    So sweet ... Happy for you
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    That's incredibly sweet! I love the ban aid and stick figures :-)
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    What a wonderful Hubby you have. I love the note. Bandaids and artwork. That needs to go in a book for memories.That is priceless! Include the bandaid. :D
    Forget about the game!
    Just kidding. :D Have fun! Now you need to get the Hubby something special.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Aww man, this is so heartwarming, got me all choked up reading this. I love surprises like that from those we love. It really shows they care and know what makes you happy. So cute how he used bandaids to tape it up and drew the little stick figures too. You've got a wonderful, thoughtful Hubby! Enjoy your game and thanks so much for sharing! :)<3
  • Options
    Mollypup9 wrote: »
    That is so sweet. You've got a keeper. <3

My husband used to surprise me with the sims stuff all the time. I always reacted like a little kid at xmas. I lost him several years ago. My son has made a habit of occasionally surprising me with sims stuff the way his dad used to do. (he surprised me with GTW the other day)

Your post made me grin from ear to ear as I sit here sipping my coffee. The faults will drive you crazy at times, but it's the little things they do that you cherish forever. :) I hope you have a wonderful time playing GTW.

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine.
    I am glad your son carries on his tradition! That is so sweet of him. :)
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for the tummy warming comments!
    My hubby has read them all and it brought a smile to his face as well as mine.
    I am excited to download and play soon! :)