Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to contact EA regarding issue with order (having no luck through EA website)

I contacted EA about a day ago to request a refund for The Sims 4, Outdoor Retreat and Get To Work (I'm sorry, but this successor to the Sims series is subpar to say the least) I got an email just a few hours ago stating that my request for a refund was approved, but when I looked at the amount, I was appalled to see that it was only for the base game. I wrote a letter and attached to my case at the EA website it along with a snapshot of my order history asking if the matter could be looked into, since I feel that it's not right to not reimburse me for the game pack and expansion packs when I was reimbursed for the base game (which has been uninstalled since yesterday), and thus will not be able to use said stuff/expansion packs, but I want to note if other players had similar issues and if so, how did you go about getting it resolved? Better yet, was it resolved? I apologize since I know this is not a help desk for EA, but I've been having trouble trying to contact them directly. I can't currently phone them and every time I attempt to initiate a "chat with adviser" session, it reroutes me to a page citing that there was an 404 error/this page doesn't exist and after several hours of this, I'm getting frustrated.

Comments

• Options
    ElvenwolfElvenwolf Posts: 12 New Member
    It is not the first time EA has done this nor the last time. Minimize refund - maximize disabling the game to user... that seems to be their trend until enough people complain. They will fix it for short time then they go back to the old trend. Not just with Sims series but with many other titles as well.

I wish luck and I hope they prove me wrong.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    First of all I'm sorry you are having such an awful experience :( customer service should be much better than that but I've had very frustrating experiences myself with EA so I sympathise.
    I obviously don't work for EA but I do have some postal addresses you could try, as to which you could use will depend where you are based but you can choose either if I give you them both :) I recommend printing the entire exchange, sending recorded delivery and also give plenty of options as to how they can contact you. Give them a reasonable reply date (the recommended is around a month) then start to look into other ways you can get help if you've heard nothing-but in the meantime keep trying to get through.
    Keep track of the times you contact them, names of who you spoke to and dates too. A log of this stuff is really important.

Good luck! I hope you get it sorted quickly. You might want to try posting in the feedback thread too-it's an experience of the game as much as any other.
  • Options
    Electronic Arts
    7700 Parmer Lane Building C Suite 200
    Austin, TX 78729
    U.S.A.

Address for United States, Canada and Japan

EA Swiss SARL
    Place du Molard, 8
    1204 Genève
    Switzerland

The address for everywhere other than there.
  • Options
    CasaNova85CasaNova85 Posts: 164 Member
    Thank you. I also made brief inquiries on the EA and the EA Support Twitter pages about how to contact them regarding questions about a dispute. Next will be Facebook, and then...well I don't know, really. But I do want them to acknowledge this, not sweep it under a rug.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    CasaNova85 wrote: »
    Thank you. I also made brief inquiries on the EA and the EA Support Twitter pages about how to contact them regarding questions about a dispute. Next will be Facebook, and then...well I don't know, really. But I do want them to acknowledge this, not sweep it under a rug.

I understand. I'm quite good at dealing with these kinds of things so if I can offer any more help give me a shout. There's always a way, don't give up. Remember every customer service agent is different so that can make a difference.

But my best advice would be to follow the previous steps, but remember if you chat or talk to them over the phone to try to stay as calm as you can manage. They'll want to help you more if you are respectful, they will get a lot of unreasonable customers, so to get above and beyond service it's best to be the one customer who says you know it's not their fault but you really need their help to fix someone else's error ;)

If the attitude of one customer service advisor strikes you as off ask nicely to talk to someone else. If they say they can't help then ask to be transferred to a supervisor or manager. Remember to note down times and names for your records :)
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    The way I understand is that while the base game is covered by Origin's Great Game Guarantee, the GP's and EP's are not. Maybe this is why you received a refund for only the base game.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    I still don't think it's right. I can't use the game pack or expansion pack without the base game. That's like having a keyboard, mouse and monitor but no actual PC. Without the computer, the other items are unusable. Ergo, I feel that they need to rethink this.
  • Options
    Ok, so as Joleaco predicted, EA stated that because only the base game was covered by Origin's Great Game Guarantee, I only received a refund for the base game. "However," as the customer rep who emailed back also states, "....since you are not planning to play the game, we don't think you should have to pay for something you're never going to use, so I'd be happy to help get the rest of your order refunded." What a relief!
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    CasaNova85 wrote: »
    Ok, so as Joleaco predicted, EA stated that because only the base game was covered by Origin's Great Game Guarantee, I only received a refund for the base game. "However," as the customer rep who emailed back also states, "....since you are not planning to play the game, we don't think you should have to pay for something you're never going to use, so I'd be happy to help get the rest of your order refunded." What a relief!

Great outcome!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more. I've been playing games from the Sims series (including lesser known titles such as SimTown, SimTower, SimPark, SimSafari - I could go on and on) since I was 8-9 years old. This means that I've been a fan of EA/Maxis for 20+ years, and I didn't want one bad experience marring my overall opinion of the company and of its legacy. The Sims 4 as it currently stands is still very disappointing to me, but I feel that there's a chance things can turn around. Until then however, I rather hold onto my simoleons.