Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having a baby at a hospital. - Serious Issue.

UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
Sooo, my sim went to the hospital to have her baby, only problem I encountered was the receptionist wouldn't check me in, so I was stuck waiting, and waiting, and waiting...until I said screw it and tried to send her home before her daughter (a sim at home who works as a doctor) had to work...which ended up failing. I just exited without saving, I'm just so frustrated with the amount of glitches I seem to be having...has anyone else had an endless waiting time while trying to have a baby at the hospital? Could it be because I rebuilt the hospital...? Or maybe a mod or something? I just I'm desperate to not blame EA.
~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
Post edited by UmbralFlower on

Comments

• Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    My Sims seemed to skip the reception and a Doctor took her straight to that claw of doom thing to give birth.
  • Options
    My doctor is just standing there...I reloaded it, and once it was time for the sim in the active career to go to work, the pregnant sim finally changed into the hospital gown, but still no baby. Been at the hospital for 12 hours now.
  • Options
    Wow...I took out all my mods and the option to check in the receptionist completely disappeared. I'm going to be really upset if it really is caused by editing the hospital. Can anyone confirm if this is it, please? Has anyone edited the hospital and successfully had a baby there?

Because it would be pretty plummy of EA to include an option to edit the career places but not have them function as they should afterward.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    candace92 wrote: »
    Wow...I took out all my mods and the option to check in the receptionist completely disappeared. I'm going to be really upset if it really is caused by editing the hospital. Can anyone confirm if this is it, please? Has anyone edited the hospital and successfully had a baby there?

Because it would be pretty plummy of EA to include an option to edit the career places but not have them function as they should afterward.

Editing hospitals can cause them to mess up there is a good guide here.

simsvip.com/2015/04/02/the-sims-4-editing-hidden-lots/
  • Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    It's not caused by editing the hospital. My hospital is still the same way it was to begin with and this happened to my sim as well. She waited for the longest time, never had the baby there, but did change into the hospital gown. But she was like stuck there in an endless loop it seemed. I had to reset her in order to send her home and right as soon as she got home is when she finally had her baby. The other problem I had was the fact that the doctor actually left the hospital, along with all the staff as soon as my sim got there. I was thinking it was just a shift change, but nobody ever came back. It was very strange. So I've decided to only let me sims have their baby at home now or go to the hospital by themselves.
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    knazzer wrote: »
    candace92 wrote: »

Editing hospitals can cause them to mess up there is a good guide here.

simsvip.com/2015/04/02/the-sims-4-editing-hidden-lots/

I have EVERYTHING needed. My sim has successfully completed a week at work there with no issues. I'm very disappointed with EA right now. I hope these gets fixed or something because like I said, why give us the option to build it if it will only mess it up.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It's not caused by editing the hospital. My hospital is still the same way it was to begin with and this happened to my sim as well. She waited for the longest time, never had the baby there, but did change into the hospital gown. But she was like stuck there in an endless loop it seemed. I had to reset her in order to send her home and right as soon as she got home is when she finally had her baby. The other problem I had was the fact that the doctor actually left the hospital, along with all the staff as soon as my sim got there. I was thinking it was just a shift change, but nobody ever came back. It was very strange. So I've decided to only let me sims have their baby at home now or go to the hospital by themselves.

Thank you for making me feel a little better that it's not completely my lot. It's just disappointing because I was looking forward to it after seeing all these people have babies at their hospitals.
  • Options
    desjackson77desjackson77 Posts: 69 Member
    If you try clicking on the actual receptionist, it will show the introduction choices, but it will also say Check-In. I don't know if you tried this, but I had that problem and clicking on the receptionist helped.
    I am not throwing away my shot
  • Options
    xxLeilaaxxLeilaa Posts: 57 Member
    I had the same thing, but haven't edit something of the hospital so that can't cause it. What I did was reset my Sim because I couldn't even send her back home. After that I was able to send her back home and once there I send her back to the hospital to try again. She was then finally helped :)
  • Options
    If you try clicking on the actual receptionist, it will show the introduction choices, but it will also say Check-In. I don't know if you tried this, but I had that problem and clicking on the receptionist helped.

Oh yes. I did try that. For 12 sim hours until the receptionist left. She was then replaced and the option didn't even come up.
  • Options
    xxLeilaa wrote: »
    I had the same thing, but haven't edit something of the hospital so that can't cause it. What I did was reset my Sim because I couldn't even send her back home. After that I was able to send her back home and once there I send her back to the hospital to try again. She was then finally helped :)

I could try this. Thank you.
  • Options
    > @candace92 said:
    > desjackson77 wrote: »
    >
    > If you try clicking on the actual receptionist, it will show the introduction choices, but it will also say Check-In. I don't know if you tried this, but I had that problem and clicking on the receptionist helped.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh yes. I did try that. For 12 sim hours until the receptionist left. She was then replaced and the option didn't even come up.

Oh. I didn't know, sorry. When you rebuilt the hospital, did you move the desk? I heard that causes problems.
  • Options
    > @candace92 said:
    >
    > If you try clicking on the actual receptionist, it will show the introduction choices, but it will also say Check-In. I don't know if you tried this, but I had that problem and clicking on the receptionist helped.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh yes. I did try that. For 12 sim hours until the receptionist left. She was then replaced and the option didn't even come up.

Oh. I didn't know, sorry. When you rebuilt the hospital, did you move the desk? I heard that causes problems.

Yeah. That's my theory. So I'm going to open a new save after saving my hospital room by room, and build around the receptionist desk.
  • Options
    > @candace92 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah. That's my theory. So I'm going to open a new save after saving my hospital room by room, and build around the receptionist desk.

Sounds like a smart idea :) Tell us if it works! :)
  • Options
    DespairKnightIXDespairKnightIX Posts: 67 Member
    edited April 2015
    I am having the same problem and I have not modified the hospital building at all.
    My latest save point was the person having the baby and a housemate who joined standing in front of the hospital. So my other save point would be DAYS before this and I hope I won't need to load to much older save point.

There also stood a doctor and a nurse with them outside the building. I proceeded to "Check-in" with the receptionist, and afterward my sim just stood there forever. I tried clicking the "Check-in" option again, but the action stuck at the queue. The doctor and nurse still stood outside until their shift ended and just left without even entering the building.

UPDATE: So I tried as xxLeilaa suggested and it worked. I returned my sims home and chose to deliver baby to the hospital again. As my sim arrived, the doctor was all ready in the room and my sim walked in and gave birth successfully.

Thanks so much for the suggestion!
    Post edited by DespairKnightIX on
  • Options
    > @candace92 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah. That's my theory. So I'm going to open a new save after saving my hospital room by room, and build around the receptionist desk.

Sounds like a smart idea :) Tell us if it works! :)

Didn't work. With my new save, I didn't edit the hospital and it was still taking forever. Lol. Sending her home didn't work either. I guess no babies at the hospital for me...
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I have this issue too. My sim will check in, change into her gown, and then just walk around and talk to people until shes prompted to go to the hospital that SHES ALREADY AT. I just dont go with her to the hospital anymore when she has a kid. Its a seriously annoying glitch considering that was what I was most looking forward to with this game.
  • Options
    I posted an official bug thread in the Bug section. Hopefully someone will have some idea. Here's the link to keep an eye for answers: Thread
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    My sim took FOREVER to do the check in interaction. Like I thought she was just stuck because there were no interactions in here queue and she was just standing there staring into space, but eventually she finally changed into the gown and walked back to the claw.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    my sim has no problem checking in. My doctor and nurse just stand outside while my sim screams in pain at the desk...for hours. I have to keep resetting my sim to try to check in again and again, in hopes that the doctor will finally do something.
    After the labour moodlet counts down to 0, she changes into the gown but still nothing. Then the staff gets replaced. It's really annoying.
  • Options
    PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    I also got a bug there. Last time the time just went on but the sim giving birth never got on her way to the machine. After maaaany hours I exited to main menu and reloaded the save. That time it worked without a hitch. It seems wise to save often right before it might be time to go to the hospital, in case it'll glitch out on you.
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • Options
    I also got a bug there. Last time the time just went on but the sim giving birth never got on her way to the machine. After maaaany hours I exited to main menu and reloaded the save. That time it worked without a hitch. It seems wise to save often right before it might be time to go to the hospital, in case it'll glitch out on you.

I tried that the day at made this thread. Lol exiting and reloading didn't even work =/
  • Options
    That must be way beyond annoying. Third time's the charm? :smiley:
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • Options
    That must be way beyond annoying. Third time's the charm? :smiley:

More like 16th time's the charm. ;) Luckily Cassandra went home by herself. She must've got fed up with being reset constantly and being in labour for almost 2 days.
  • Options
    Jeeez.. horrible being in labour for that long :D The hospital is surely = :trollface: