Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official word on toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    MICROWAVESAFTYDISHMICROWAVESAFTYDISH Posts: 311 Member
    I've already contacted ea on Twitter its self about every ones ideas I will see what they say ok and I will tell yous if I get a reply or not cheers :)<3
    Origin ID: killer6618
    Australian Sims Fan
    Loves Collecting Sims Games
    Just add me on origin

loves collecting and playing sims games
  • Options
    Ea opens 9am australia today they will message me back on Twitter after they open
    Australian Sims Fan
    Just add me on origin

• Options
    PalomaPlay1PalomaPlay1 Posts: 59 Member
    I'm new around here, but I want to give my opinion about toddlers. I need toddlers because I don't see the future without them B) :# I hope EA hears our petitions, about this topic, because for me they are taking too long to communicate something :(
  • Options
    Yeah true that's sort of a generations expansion pack idea a a lot of people in the sims 4 forums in the ideas corner agreed about them :)
    Australian Sims Fan
    Just add me on origin

• Options
    And I'm one of them
    Australian Sims Fan
    Just add me on origin

• Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I agree, i hate the baby stage to the child stage, i loved exploring the inbetween years teaching a toddler to walk talk etc, because of this i have s3 o laptop for my generational play n i give s4 a go as and when, like g2w just come out so i brought it to check it out and see if it improved the game. I find s4 hard to actually play because i cant play the way i like without family play and toddlers, :s so i tend to keep making loads of sims and fill up my gallery because i like the clothing n hair styles. Dont get me wrong i do begin to play but then babyies appear and i get sad and start all over again.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited April 2015
    Shouldn't this be in the GTW section?

Well, it's not about that EP in any way so I'm guessing not...!

Sorry if it's in the wrong section, it was a general question so I figured GD was the best place.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Shouldn't this be in the GTW section?

Well, it's not about that EP in any way so I'm guessing not...!

Sorry if it's in the wrong section, it was a general question so I figured GD was the best place.

General discussion was a fine place to post, if the gurus think a post is in the wrong place they'll move it, which is why the thread is now in the ideas section. :) Just thought i'd comment as I don't want you getting discouraged from posting. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    edited April 2015
    I HAD SO MANY IDEAS ON TODDLERS AND FAMILIES

If YoU HaVe A MoMeNt PLEASE LooK AT THIS

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/826951/new-generations-expansion-ideas-come-add-your-own#latest
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey folks, please remember that posting messages in ALL CAPS is against the Forum Rules. Please edit your posts to be less shouting and more conversation.
    Thanks all.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    simgurubchick what about these ideas

The Sims 4: University life expansion pack
    The Sims 4: Home style Gamepack
    The Sims 4 Teen Style Prom Gamepack
    The Sims 4 Fashion Gamepack
    The Sims 4: Pets expansion pack
    The Sims 4: Family Fun Gamepack
    The Sims 4 Garden gamepack
    The sims 4 season expansion pack
    The sims 4 happy holiday party expansion pack
    The sims 4 apartment downtown life expansion pack
    The sims 4 domestic generation toddlers Gamepack
    The sims 4 Elders expansion pack
    The sims 4 Zoo life expansion pack
    The sims 4 farming life expansion pack
    The sims 4 garage&vehicleis gamepack
    The sims 4 hot date wedding expansion pack
    The sims 4 funeral&graveyard Gamepack
    The sims 4 careers Gamepack
    Australian Sims Fan
    Just add me on origin

• Options
    AshlynneAshlynne Posts: 288 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    Apparently they are being worked on?

Link Please :*

@LaAbby I created a thread about a conversation myself and SimsVIP had saying that toddlers were being worked on by the gurus and they didn't want to cram them in unfinished. I was then asked to remove the tweets by SimsVIP as it wasn't actually news and was just a conversation we were having. She linked me to a tweet from graham which said they have the ability to implement all the features we want for the future. I'm not sure where that tweet is but I'm sure it will be somewhere on Graham's twitter feed.

You mean this one?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/815571/toddlers-confirmed-yes-no-maybe#latest

Wasn't that when they were working on them? Before they decided to cut them out?

The decision was made to cut toddlers in July (if not before July) prior to the deadline launch date in September, 2014.

So decision was already made? I did not see that. If it was already made that they were cut, you all should be upset, but not at me, at EA!

I'm not upset at you for what EA did. I'm not upset in the least. I've simply been trying to explain to you why releasing toddlers in anything (paid content) other than a patch is a bad idea.

This isn't my first go around with EA and its bad business decisions. In the 55 years I've been alive I've dealt with far too many companies that made bad business decisions to let take my feelings towards those companies out on another player.

In my 66 years, I too have dealt with far too many dealings with companies like that. During sims 3 I had many dealings with EA as the game would not play very well for me on a good gaming rig. I play the sims to stop stress, as I work with children that have severe needs in a middle scho also knowing that at any time my cancer can come back without warning, I need a stress reliever. I have been trying to tell you that I would prefer it to be another way, but more than likely it will not happen. I get that you feel strongly about toddlers, but, it will not help things that people are not buying the product because of this, I feel they will be added I said that, I just stated a preference that I had for it being done another way and it all got dumped on me that I am so wrong to have an opinion. This being the case, I feel stressed when I come on here, and therefore that makes me want to not come on. That should not be the way it is. If we are not together if we are "going after" each other than we are not going to get anything that we want, if you get toddlers, than I am happy for you, if they come in a patch I will have to live with that, but, I would prefer they did not, which is an opinion, you can feel it right or wrong, it is simply that, an opinion. Words are being put into my posts, I can';t sway you and you will not sway me, we are just going to have to be content to disagree. We are posting in e-mails we are not face to face it is different, and things get totally out of hand. I never meant for it to be an argument about getting or not getting toddlers, I just expressed an opinion, and got slammed! Simple as that for me.

Not once in any of my replies to you have I said I feel one way or the other about toddlers. You accuse others of putting words into your posts. Perhaps you should look in a mirror. Again, I simply tried to explain to you what was wrong with toddlers coming back in any form that is not a free patch. If you can't comprehend that then we are definitely done here.

I think you both need a hug. Namaste. <hugs>
    qLr9gBj.png
    This is what I look like IRL. "Bald is beautiful" my husband says. I'm getting used to it and I'm starting to like being bald.
  • Options
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    Ashlynne wrote: »
    EA should be glad there isn't some sort of class action lawsuit at this point. Especially if they promised all stages of life and now that they've sold untold #'s of copies of TS4 are completely mum on the toddler issue. I'm actually surprised that 1000+ people haven't banded together yet to sue them. I've seen lawsuits over far more frivolous things. Would they give an answer if they were in court?

Honestly I've never seen a software development company so closed-mouthed. I've been hard core into games my entire life and I'm 42. On top of that I'm a software developer/solutions architect. Considering they have no "real" competition in this unique game play, there is NO downside to them being transparent and keeping the customers in the loop... the same customers they promised would have all stages of life. If they say they are working on it and it may take another 6 months, then ok, we can just deal with it and know that it will be here at some point.

It just starts to feel like we are being strung along when they say nothing at all. I'm sure executives don't read these threads and honestly it's the executives, not the software developers, that make these types of decisions.

Not only am I surprised there isn't a class action lawsuit yet, I'm also surprised that I haven't heard of thousands of letters arriving at EA addressed to their corporate executives demanding that they live up to their promise of all life stages.

Inaction = acceptance

Class action lawsuits often begin when a single person who has been wronged steps forward. Why don't you take that step?

The war would be lost before the first battle ever began. EA has the resources to fight. The players, not so much. I think she knows this and that is why she is attempting to goad others into taking that first step rather than doing so herself.

I think I see what you are saying now. If you are referring to me as the "she", then you read too much into my post. At no point did I make a call to action. I simply stated my surprise considering how many people are literally outraged at the lack of toddlers. I'm personally not outraged and I'm not a fan of toddlers, though I DO expect them to keep their promise of all life stages. I'm about doing what's right, and with all the people who are very upset, I find it very wrong they are keeping people in the dark. I notice you have a tendency to start drama where none is needed. Instead of making assumptions about my posts, just ask me if you need some clarification. :)
    qLr9gBj.png
    This is what I look like IRL. "Bald is beautiful" my husband says. I'm getting used to it and I'm starting to like being bald.
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    because children jumping out of a bassinet is normal
  • Options
    Juliee101 wrote: »
    because children jumping out of a bassinet is normal

lol, bassinet hoppers... yea it's definitely an immersion-breaker ;)
    qLr9gBj.png
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who gets a little frustrated that gurus obviously see these threads as they merge them and move them to ideas and feedback, yet they still don't respond. :(

It's not their fault. It's the fault of those bosses at EA who don't wish to communicate and who created the policy of silence. An inconsistent policy of silence at that. Ask about other future content and you may get an answer, toddlers there's no way!

I used to find it extremely frustrating, as well. While it can still grind my gears at times, I mostly just find it amusing now. This has been S.O.P. with regards to any thread of discontent since TS3 forum days: Move, Lock or Delete. When this happens, you know you've hit a nerve! LOL

Like sparkfairy1 said, it's not them making the decisions to throttle out these types of threads--that comes directly from EA. EA sends them out into the fray to take the heat and bear the brunt of our frustrations for their bad decisions but the Gurus and Mods have jobs to do and their job is to do what their employer tells them. All of the Twitter accounts, LiveChats and random posting on the forums have fostered a false sense of who and what the Gurus/Mods really are. They are fans of the game, they are wonderful sources of information and they can be excellent conduits between the players and EA...but they are first and foremost EA employees. If their bosses tell them to squash threads like this, that's what they're obligated to do.

Now, having said that, I don't know what goes on behind the Wall of Silence that EA has erected. I'm hoping and praying that the Gurus/Mods are telling their higher-ups, "Hey, I'm kind of taking a lot of rocks and bottles on the forums for things I don't control so for the love of Pete, would you just throw them a bone--something, anything!"

Wow, that was long...sorry. I guess eating leftover Easter candy and chugging a cup of coffee for breakfast wasn't one of my better ideas! :D
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited April 2015
    i WONDER how many people upset about toddler are really sticking to their will power and refusing to buy anymore Sims games until the return of this age group. I am sticking to my will power. i am so tired of 10 yr old bassinet hoppers.

That is exactly what they are speculating on in my opinion.
    I believe they haven't started to work on them, since they needed all resources for patches and the EP/GP and they just don't tell us to keep those around who really want to try the new game or the new EPs/GPs.
    Even i we say we won't buy everything until they're out, there are always tempting situations.
    We might not get tempted if we would know that toddlers will never be added.
    But as long as we believe they might, we think like "well, i would get this pack when toddlers will come out eventually, so i can get it now, what's the difference?"
    I'm sad to say that this is how i function at least.
    It was a pretty great achievment for me to not get OR, since it was the first content and i really wanted new stuff and i normally get everything i want when it comes to games, but i must admit i've bought GTW eventhough i would abandon this game if they would say toddlers will never come.
    Don't follow my example, since i'm sure wallets speak the loudest :(
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    i WONDER how many people upset about toddler are really sticking to their will power and refusing to buy anymore Sims games until the return of this age group. I am sticking to my will power. i am so tired of 10 yr old bassinet hoppers.

That is exactly what they are speculating on in my opinion.
    I believe they haven't started to work on them, since they needed all resources for patches and the EP/GP and they just don't tell us to keep those around who really want to try the new game or the new EPs/GPs.
    Even i we say we won't buy everything until they're out, there are always tempting situations.
    We might not get tempted if we would know that toddlers will never be added.
    But as long as we believe they might, we think like "well, i would get this pack when toddlers will come out eventually, so i can get it now, what's the difference?"
    I'm sad to say that this is how i function at least.
    It was a pretty great achievment for me to not get OR, since it was the first content and i really wanted new stuff and i normally get everything i want when it comes to games, but i must admit i've bought GTW eventhough i would abandon this game if they would say toddlers will never come.
    Don't follow my example, since i'm sure wallets speak the loudest :(

I agree.

But I'm a fifteen year preorder addict of the sims that has gone completely cold turkey after the bad experience with the base. They will not see a penny more from me until I see vast improvements, but then I'm pretty determined. I'm not going to lie, it's upset me. But I can't reward EA for the bad experience I've had.

@marcellala Im all for supporting one another whether we buy or not, I understand why some do and I'd never judge them in any way for doing so. We all have our own minds and breaking points here, and the main thing is we stick together and support one another because it's tough on all of us.

@Darkling I know what you mean. At this stage I find it daft that they may think not addressing it will make the issue go away. It won't. And I don't think they really want customers to disappear, but eventually that will happen if they don't feel things are improving enough. That applies to all the play styles!
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    I think they will come back eventually. I'm not into toddlers, but to teach them potty, teach them walk, and teach them talk... it's a nice animation, nostalgic of Sims 2. Hardcore fans and non-fans of toddlers would appreciate the toddlers addition. So since it's 2016 then, we reached Pluto and outerspace, how about toddler for Sims 4 hmm?
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    Mollypup9 wrote: »
    I would imagine that the programming required for a toddler life stage would require a LOT of work. They have to interact appropriately with 90 percent of the world around them.

Just with that alone, IF they return, it will likely be slipped in with an expansion. I think it might be too involved to make it into a gp......and I seriously doubt we'll ever see it as a patch. Not because they're trying to cheat us but due to the sheer content involved in adding them to the game at this stage.

Toddlers have never been a deal breaker for me, although I miss them and would like to see them return. The game feels "off" without them. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if infants had lots of actions ect instead of being objects.

I certainly hope EA/Maxis is not stupid enough to enrage a huge portion of their fan base by merely stringing them along with no intention of adding toddlers into the game.

If they can't/won't add them, then just say so and get it over with already.

I agree and disagree.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    rochelimit wrote: »
    So since it's 2016 then, we reached Pluto and outerspace, how about toddler for Sims 4 hmm?

Makes you think doesn't it :) All the wonderful developments in the world, and yet in the sims 4 world things are more backwards than they were in 2004. (sims 2 release date)

kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    EA should be glad there isn't some sort of class action lawsuit at this point. Especially if they promised all stages of life and now that they've sold untold #'s of copies of TS4 are completely mum on the toddler issue. I'm actually surprised that 1000+ people haven't banded together yet to sue them. I've seen lawsuits over far more frivolous things. Would they give an answer if they were in court?

Honestly I've never seen a software development company so closed-mouthed. I've been hard core into games my entire life and I'm 42. On top of that I'm a software developer/solutions architect. Considering they have no "real" competition in this unique game play, there is NO downside to them being transparent and keeping the customers in the loop... the same customers they promised would have all stages of life. If they say they are working on it and it may take another 6 months, then ok, we can just deal with it and know that it will be here at some point.

It just starts to feel like we are being strung along when they say nothing at all. I'm sure executives don't read these threads and honestly it's the executives, not the software developers, that make these types of decisions.

Not only am I surprised there isn't a class action lawsuit yet, I'm also surprised that I haven't heard of thousands of letters arriving at EA addressed to their corporate executives demanding that they live up to their promise of all life stages.

Inaction = acceptance

Class action lawsuits often begin when a single person who has been wronged steps forward. Why don't you take that step?

The war would be lost before the first battle ever began. EA has the resources to fight. The players, not so much. I think she knows this and that is why she is attempting to goad others into taking that first step rather than doing so herself.

I think I see what you are saying now. If you are referring to me as the "she", then you read too much into my post. At no point did I make a call to action. I simply stated my surprise considering how many people are literally outraged at the lack of toddlers. I'm personally not outraged and I'm not a fan of toddlers, though I DO expect them to keep their promise of all life stages. I'm about doing what's right, and with all the people who are very upset, I find it very wrong they are keeping people in the dark. I notice you have a tendency to start drama where none is needed. Instead of making assumptions about my posts, just ask me if you need some clarification. :)

Perhaps I did read too much into your post.

I don't start drama. From some of your posts I could say the same about you, but I haven't. And I won't. Simulator4 is the one who made an assumption. I responded to it with a comment that reflected what is all too often the case. That being said, since more than one person interpreted your post to mean something you didn't intend, perhaps it was the wording that caused the misunderstanding.

For every finger you point at others, there are three pointing back at you.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I want them to bring them back. It's not the same with out them . Baby's get older then go to school the next day not right. They need time to get some skill's and to get to know there Mom and Dad .
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Just please dont stick them in the family inventory like the babies! That is truthfully something they will have to change tho, either offer a babysitter, or a daycare that is real.
  • Options

Inaction = acceptance

Perhaps I did read too much into your post.

I don't start drama. From some of your posts I could say the same about you, but I haven't. And I won't. Simulator4 is the one who made an assumption. I responded to it with a comment that reflected what is all too often the case. That being said, since more than one person interpreted your post to mean something you didn't intend, perhaps it was the wording that caused the misunderstanding.

For every finger you point at others, there are three pointing back at you.

I agree. Let's hug it out. :)
    qLr9gBj.png