Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for lowering Store Prices.

Comments

• Options
    Roboy2kRoboy2k Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    We've got an actual petition going on the post http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/17974.page

To sign the petition, go to http://www.petitiononline.com/simstore/
  • Options
    PopeyePopeye Posts: 53 Member
    edited June 2009
    The sad part is we are also going to end up paying 30 bucks for each expansion pack as well.

We will Probably pay more for and expansion pack, with little in it.Since now they got there store..With Store gouging pricing and ugly stuff to boot!.. :evil:
  • Options
    GeorgiaPeanutsGeorgiaPeanuts Posts: 358 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Popeye wrote:
    The sad part is we are also going to end up paying 30 bucks for each expansion pack as well.

We will Probably pay more for and expansion pack, with little in it.Since now they got there store..With Store gouging pricing and ugly stuff to boot!.. :evil:

Heh, the stuff in store looks good, it of course is intentional, they put a small selection of good looking things in base game and then the rest is ugly things, then they put all the nice and stylish objects in the store and think people will pay the ripoff price for them.
  • Options
    digitaldoodlebugdigitaldoodlebug Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i wikid it, most of the expansion packs for sims2 had around 60 items, some a few less, some more, they sold for $20 that makes each item $0.33 vs. the $1 of store items
  • Options
    pandora4copandora4co Posts: 729 Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed. Lower the prices.

I was willing to spend $5 on 1000 points when BestBuy was having that 1/2 off sale on Sim Point Cards.
    I will not spend $10 for 1000 points.

And what is up with 75pts for mens stuff and 100 pts for womens stuff?

That makes me angry too. :x
  • Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    edited June 2009
    My question is this: does anyone think they will offer the same "stuff" that is in the store now--in expansion packs later? I won't buy now--if they intend to put out groupings of the same stuff later. I usually do buy the expansion packs--I know...I'm a ******, but I would rather wait and see what they do with their stuff in the store. Maybe they'll offer it both ways--either you can pick and choose in the store--or you can buy the expansion and get a lot of stuff you really don't care about except for the 5 pcs you originally wanted?? Opinions please....
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited June 2009
    Not sure how many of you guys have a PS3 and play in PlayStation Home, but they sell their clothes for $0.49 and 3rd Party items for $0.99. Once I use up my free points I'm not touching the Store one bit since I can't handle two addictions at once without slowly going broke.
  • Options
    VynxenVynxen Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The price are sure high, a set cost almost half of the entire retail box.

And also the items avialable arent great considering what Sims2 had. Where are our rounded corner pools? Should have a rounded corner wall since they have rounded Roof now? Seems Im all about rounded :)

Anyway, looking forward to what they will be putting into the store next round.

• Options
    AdaminyAdaminy Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yeah, did i see a set that cost over 1000 points o_o!?!?! i'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. that's more of a rip-off than microsoft getting people to pay for online play lol
  • Options
    SimJTSimJT Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    AsteroidS wrote:
    in the first ******* place, the store should provide ALL FREE stuffs.

THIS IS NOT SIMS ONLINE WHICH I CAN SHOW OFF TO OTHER PEOPLE ONLINE.
    WHY WOULD I BUY SOMETHING THAT I CAN ONLY SEE IT MYSELF. ITS ******* STUPID.

this is like item mall **** game???

lol! the irony.
  • Options
    dumbfun33dumbfun33 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /sign

I definitely won't be paying to download any store items, not unless the prices are dropped by 50-75%. I used my "free" points, and downloaded the few lame giveaways, but that will probably be it. I couldn't deal with the TS2 store, and it doesn't look like I'll be dealing with the new place either.

(And, yes, EA, we noticed the different pricing for female hair. 🐸🐸🐸🐸?)
  • Options
    Evermore1Evermore1 Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /signed

I won't leave a cent in the store too, i use my free points when more stuff is available and that's it. But there are enough hardcore fans who will buy stuff from there, after they used their free points.

You should get free points for great uploads (many downloads and recommendations) or if you get featured you get free points.
  • Options
    CubbySimAddict46CubbySimAddict46 Posts: 379 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /signed

If they insist on plundering my gold.. i will become a pirate ARGGG!!

cos if they dont do something about their customer satisfaction and the first expansion is crappy, buggy and has dismal content.. I have never pirated a sims game before, i have bought every sims, sims 2 and expansions and i just forked out $110 for a new game. But if they refuse to listen, I will decide their product isn't worth my purchase and get it for free!.. might be buggy or whatnot but at least i will have the extra cash!

I wonder if spore will be overtaken as the most pirated game ever?? its starting to look that way guys!!! wooooooooooo here is comes!!
  • Options
    WintyrWintyr Posts: 241 Member
    edited June 2009
    The Sims 3 store is their side business if you can't afford it dont buy anything....there's so much stuff and patterns for everything you shouldn't need to go there yet too much but still if you like it that much try to create some stuff yourself
  • Options
    jsgillesjsgilles Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I also felt that the included content was too sparse, so I was excited to look for things on the online store. Now, I'm not averse to microtransactions. I spend a lot of money every month to buy my TV shows on iTunes. So I'm not cheap. And I have plenty of disposable income to spend on things like this.

But the prices at the store were way too rich for me. It's simply not worth what they're charging.

Sign, /sign
  • Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited June 2009
    Id love to sign this petition but I sort of realise that it is highly unlikely the prices of these objects can get any lower.

I will say that they are much too expencive for me to consider shelling out money to get and much of the content is sorta garbage as well.

No offense but sometimes you charge too much for something that is ONLY nice when in a set. Who honestly likes "Random peice of wood"? The Hairs also leave a bit to be desired as well as of the 4 adult hairs I saw there was only 1 I really liked.
  • Options
    SimSam13SimSam13 Posts: 338 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't think the prices should be lowered, but, I think that the stuff that has been in the store from the games release should have been included in the game. I think it works just like stuff packs but easier because you only buy what you want. Also, you don't need the new furniture sets in your game, do you?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Wintyr wrote:
    The Sims 3 store is their side business if you can't afford it dont buy anything....there's so much stuff and patterns for everything you shouldn't need to go there yet too much but still if you like it that much try to create some stuff yourself

umm... i'm bringing into question the last statement. the only ability EA has given us to 'create stuff' ourselves is only patterns and color, that's not creation but customization. and while it's nice, in order to 'create' things, modders have to make an engine for it (which they have) but i hear it's very hard to use. thanks, but i'll wait for the wonderful CC
  • Options
    baddog66baddog66 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    omg LOL this is an exhibition of the same management style that killed teh simsonline game. Good luck but no more of my money is going for that sim cash stuff omg who is crazy that did that
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    just like ebay's motto :lol:
    "if it's not broke we'll fix it till it is!"
  • Options
    Posh777Posh777 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Look at all the stuff they took out so they could sell it to you again.

http://www.snootysims.com/thesims3/screens/thesims3-27.jpg
  • Options
    JubileeJubilee Posts: 129 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't even like the stuff in the store that much, so it's a bit disappointing. Trust me, if they were selling something awesome, I would pay those prices, and I don't even have extra money for that... but that stuff in there should be like 1/5th of the price!
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'll go so far as to say I think the store should be free. They'll make money off of us for expansion and stuff packs, so charging for items that they probably created when they created the game, but simply held back to make extra cash is just money grubbing.

Oh, I sign the petition.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    wpardue777wpardue777 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I already used my 1,000 free points and got quite a few items. But I doubt I'll buy anymore, instead I'll wait until some creative simmers out there come out with their own creations (not different colors of stuff that came with the sims 3), just as people did before with TS2..

I suspect in time, likely after the first major patch, we will have a much greater variety of things to download from user created sites to download from aside from the Exchange on the TS3 site.

• Options
    RhoakhanaRhoakhana Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah I was a little miffed when I noticed that the electric guitar or piano wasn't in the game, when it was in the very first sims game :cry: They will probably sell them at the store for 500 points or something silly like that. Everything in the store now, should already be in the game.

So I will sign :)