Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

warming rack?

So this might be a stupid question but what is the use of the warming rack EXACTLY??

It only says keep food warm, and I can't put price on stuff inside. So does it act like the lice fridge and customers just walk up to it and buy stuff automatically?? Or is it just to store food??

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Lussiole wrote: »
    So this might be a stupid question but what is the use of the warming rack EXACTLY??

It only says keep food warm, and I can't put price on stuff inside. So does it act like the lice fridge and customers just walk up to it and buy stuff automatically?? Or is it just to store food??

Thanks!

Would love to know too I put a quiche inside it and my employee ate it ahahaha xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited April 2015
    I keep getting the whim to buy that thing and my sim doesn't even own a retail space. To me, that is not good "flow".
  • Options
    LussioleLussiole Posts: 6 New Member
    Bump...
  • Options
    lizziebeth0890lizziebeth0890 Posts: 88 Member
    I was curious about this too.
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    My guess is that the point in this item is to store food for many days without anybody being able to get at it and eat it. Of course, the refrigerated displays work the same way, but you can place more stuff in the warming thing. You can have your bakers store stuff in there and nobody can touch it until you're ready to put it out for sale.
  • Options
    But Sigzy05 said people grabbed stuff he put in there
  • Options
    WildpantsWildpants Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim just started baking and now he wants to buy one. I assume its for keeping baked goods in (considering foods like breadsticks probably dont go in the fridge...)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Where is the warming rack located? I have been looking for it and cannot seem to find it.
  • Options
    Breadsticks do go in the fridge.

The rack is under retail items, it's called Cat Loves Food Inc. Professional Grade Warming Rack
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited April 2015
    heres a visual in case its helpful :)

the warming rack is located under retail so you need to be on a lot that is classified as retail
    3091udz.png
  • Options
    GlittertiniGlittertini Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm wondering this too. I just starting putting more food in it and I'm worried it's being taken and not sold?
    I know customers can go on in it tho
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    edited April 2015
    Update - Info below is incorrect - please see first post of this thread for how the warming rack and other retail items actually work (thanks @Simalleyaile !)

- - - - -

I figured this out. You need a retail space with a warming rack and a display case. Bake up a bunch of stuff, say three each of lemon meringue pies, cereal-topped donuts, and chocolate biscotti, and put them in the warming rack. Then take one each of the pie, donuts, and biscotti, put them in the display case, and mark them for sale.

As your customers buy each item from the display case (which will require a checkout), they will be replenished automatically from the warming rack. When there are no more of that item in the warming rack, an Out of Stock sign will appear in the display case.

That's how it worked for me, anyway. Customers would buy items from the Lice Cold Fridge without me needing to check them out (I put harvestables in there), but not from the warming rack.
    Post edited by Simfuncrunch on
  • Options
    Whaaaat?! I need to go check this NOW
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    heres a visual in case its helpful :)

the warming rack is located under retail so you need to be on a lot that is classified as retail
    3091udz.png
    AH thanks for posting this! I could never find it at home, now I know why!
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2015
    I figured this out. You need a retail space with a warming rack and a display case. Bake up a bunch of stuff, say three each of lemon meringue pies, cereal-topped donuts, and chocolate biscotti, and put them in the warming rack. Then take one each of the pie, donuts, and biscotti, put them in the display case, and mark them for sale.

As your customers buy each item from the display case (which will require a checkout), they will be replenished automatically from the warming rack. When there are no more of that item in the warming rack, an Out of Stock sign will appear in the display case.

That's how it worked for me, anyway. Customers would buy items from the Lice Cold Fridge without me needing to check them out (I put harvestables in there), but not from the warming rack.

I'm going to go try this, too. And they told us items couldn't be restocked from inventory, why didn't they tell us about this??? It's just as good.

A heads up, though for anyone using this method: sims do occasionally eat from the warming rack. I haven't seen them charged for it, either.

Until now, I've been using the warming rack to store free samples. Customers grab the food from it when they're hungry & it lasts longer than just placing samples on a counter.
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    Update - Unfortunately, playing a dedicated bakery on another lot, the purchased pastries in the display cases do not seem to be automatically replenishing from the warming rack. Each time one is purchased, there is an out of stock sign, which I remove and manually replace with pastries from the warming rack (rather than deal with the time and cost of "restocking"). I must have been mistaken before, having multiples of the same pastry out and not keeping track of how many were left in the rack.

However, my customers have yet to help themselves to free items from the rack, as I always put out free baked goods on a counter to feed them :)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I read somewhere about a similar problem with a frig. They said to cook an item, place it on a counter, set it for sale, then move it to the frig. Maybe the warming rack is the same.
  • Options
    Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    > @keekee53 said:
    > Where is the warming rack located? I have been looking for it and cannot seem to find it.
    Retail I believe. I don't think you can find it on a residential lot. Prob wrong :| Sorry if someone already answered this for you
  • Options
    mtwtfss71mtwtfss71 Posts: 173 Member
    edited April 2015
    > @Simfuncrunch said:
    > Update - Unfortunately, playing a dedicated bakery on another lot, the purchased pastries in the display cases do not seem to be automatically replenishing from the warming rack. Each time one is purchased, there is an out of stock sign, which I remove and manually replace with pastries from the warming rack (rather than deal with the time and cost of "restocking"). I must have been mistaken before, having multiples of the same pastry out and not keeping track of how many were left in the rack.
    >
    > However, my customers have yet to help themselves to free items from the rack, as I always put out free baked goods on a counter to feed them

My customers (once or twice per day) do take from the warming rack and then proceed to eat what they took in my bakery. They aren't charged for it. I don't know what the purpose of this warming rack is at all. :(

Edited to add: The Gurus need to explain how this is supposed to work. The Lice fridge as well. Can we sell baked goods from there? I've tried but customers only seem to buy my vegetables, etc. from it.
  • Options
    DisgaeaGirlDisgaeaGirl Posts: 60 Member
    mtwtfss71 wrote: »
    > @Simfuncrunch said:
    > Update - Unfortunately, playing a dedicated bakery on another lot, the purchased pastries in the display cases do not seem to be automatically replenishing from the warming rack. Each time one is purchased, there is an out of stock sign, which I remove and manually replace with pastries from the warming rack (rather than deal with the time and cost of "restocking"). I must have been mistaken before, having multiples of the same pastry out and not keeping track of how many were left in the rack.
    >
    > However, my customers have yet to help themselves to free items from the rack, as I always put out free baked goods on a counter to feed them

My customers (once or twice per day) do take from the warming rack and then proceed to eat what they took in my bakery. They aren't charged for it. I don't know what the purpose of this warming rack is at all. :(

Edited to add: The Gurus need to explain how this is supposed to work. The Lice fridge as well. Can we sell baked goods from there? I've tried but customers only seem to buy my vegetables, etc. from it.

The warming rack is still a mystery but I think customers can buy baked goods from the lice fridge though i'm not 100% on this. I created sort of a grocery store/bakery and I put a cake in there and none of the npcs seem to want anything other than fruits and veggies but when I switch to a different family and shop there I can buy everything in it. No such luck on the warming rack though
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited April 2015
    There's some tips about the Warming Rack and the Lice Fridge on the first post of this thread.
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    edited April 2015
    There's some tips about the Warming Rack and the Lice Fridge on the first post of this thread.

Wow, that post was life changing for me, I'll finally have the npcs run stores like i want them. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, i never knew any of that.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Aww, thank you @Amiutza - I've just finished updating it with some other stuff - it's all things I've been experimenting with and noticing through my own game play. Feel free to add anything you've noticed too.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Update - Unfortunately, playing a dedicated bakery on another lot, the purchased pastries in the display cases do not seem to be automatically replenishing from the warming rack. Each time one is purchased, there is an out of stock sign, which I remove and manually replace with pastries from the warming rack (rather than deal with the time and cost of "restocking"). I must have been mistaken before, having multiples of the same pastry out and not keeping track of how many were left in the rack.

However, my customers have yet to help themselves to free items from the rack, as I always put out free baked goods on a counter to feed them :)

Yeah, it didn't work when I tried it, either.

As for the baked goods, I had two on the counter when I discovered them also taking food from the rack. It happens so fast, it's easy to miss.

Check the items inside every now & then, you might notice there's only 6 or 7 servings instead of 8. ;)
  • Options
    mtwtfss71 wrote: »
    > @Simfuncrunch said:
    >

The warming rack is still a mystery but I think customers can buy baked goods from the lice fridge though i'm not 100% on this. I created sort of a grocery store/bakery and I put a cake in there and none of the npcs seem to want anything other than fruits and veggies but when I switch to a different family and shop there I can buy everything in it. No such luck on the warming rack though

NPCs treat the warming rack similar to a fridge. They can take food from it, but that's their only interaction. Anything you put inside will take longer to spoil.