Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FEEDBACK on Get to Work: Tell us what you think

Comments

• Options
    latricenl77latricenl77 Posts: 29 Member
    You asked for feedback. Currently I don't have anything good...

I pre-ordered the Sims 4 Get to Work and was able to download my game on 3/31. Imagine my surprise when I opened the game and found that the new neighborhood provides absolutely no homes are even the ability to create any. It simply has three pre-done businesses and 1 empty retail lot. We can't even live in this new world. I have done my best to hang in here with this brand. I have loved Sims from the beginning and although Sims 4 was a huge let down I tried to stick with it. You don't give us the things that were basic in the prior game versions, you don't give us large neighborhoods or the ability to expand them or create new worlds. We can't even live in the Outdoor world only visit. Everyone said I was crazy for not giving up after you released Sims 4, but I understood new platforms take time. I was patient, but my patience has worn out. To add insult to injury you didn't even provide the option of a game guide so we could figure it out; how are we a detective with no police station in any world, a doctor but no hospital? If Sims 4 wasn't ready to truly add value to the brand why did you rush it? I am beyond upset, I am so very disappointed. I can't believe no one stopped to think about giving us the things you made us fall in love with over the years. My expectations were low because Sims 4 is new but really no new neighborhood, still no way to add a world; nope just kill off my current families or evict them if I want to play with new ones. Do you not see the problem with that? Sims fans have been posting on social media and writing. We've been letting you know what we want, what we expect and yet again you failed to deliver. I had hoped to get some of the old great things back we lost way back in Sims 2 and Sims 3; Sims 4 was supposed to be so much better, superior than the prior platforms. I accepted that my babies go from infant to elementary, although the best part was the toddler years with the training, I let go of pets and seasons, I even let go of not being able to create additional worlds/neighborhoods; I was OK that you couldn't have a full on restaurant, but not having a full useable neighborhood that is not alright. That is mediocre and for all our money spent on this franchise and all the years I deserve more, we all deserve more. The BIG Question is will you even care or respond?
  • Options
    jessthemessjessthemess Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been having trouble with the retail business part of the game. I opened a business and hired the 1 employee allowed. Even though I am assigning him a task (run the register) it seems to reset his task, and he just chills and reads a book. I tried getting onto him for slacking but the option was blacked out, with the message that he was currently doing what he was supposed to! I was getting very frustrated with him lol.

Also, I read someone else's post about how all the customers just grouped together and had conversation. This was bugging me as well.

Besides the stress of not making a profit due to the employee mishap, I'm quite happy with my cute little bakery I opened.
  • Options
    islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    This is the place for you, the players, to tell us, the studio, what you think of The Sims 4 Get to Work.
    • Tell us what you are enjoying and why.
    • Tell us about any bugs or glitches you find so we can get them fixed.
    • Help us to continue tuning performance and gameplay by providing feedback on your experience.
    Happy Simming!

I love everything about the new careers so far. I'm having so much fun.

The only issues are regarding the changes to woohoo and the initiator constantly gets the bad woohoo moodlet (despite shared traits, no mods, both flirty moods, high relationship values between 75-100, bed/observatory/rocketship, any floor, any age, any relationship status, any gender, etc.).

Other than that, I just wish my workday was longer, or that I didn't have to leave my career lot when the workday is done - although I understand that that mechanic adds more appeal/value to the career itself.
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• Options
    islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    Jhove wrote: »
    I am quite crushed actually. No lines form at the registers to check out (This is a huge huge turnoff). No locked doors.

I just do not understand the concept of creating a game (OFB) and all subsequent expansions and games that follow actually reverse features instead of improving them. Running a home business for many (myself included) is the creme' de le creme' of Sims. So we cannot create a store and a loft above it to live in. Additionally no lines forming at the registers cheapens the experience. It seems like a small detail but it's really huge in terms of gameplay experience. Sorry EA. I will continue to check it out and give a more detailed summary later. But these 2 things just kill it for me, so far.

With that said however. I still have hope. I have faith that EA will make this right and see to it to add these 2 timeless features to the current Sims series. As well as terrain tools, CAS, and vehicles that actually drive out of the driveway (not just magically disappear). Leaving out the "Theme Park" style of buying goods (forming lines) is crucial though imo. In fact, I am going to go out on a limb and say that incorporating some "Theme Park" elements to the Sims would certainly improve it. This is just my opinion however and yes I have been playing since day one.

I must admit, I am still trying to adjust to having no CAStyle. Everything is tedious and cumbersome to decorate. I don't think interior design will ever look as gorgeous as in TS3 where you could use any color and texture in just a few seconds. BUT I'm still sticking it out. Playing less and less but I am STILL trying to drum up interest in it.

>"So we cannot create a store and a loft above it to live in."

You can, as you're not sent home from your store. So I've been able to live in my studio apartment above my bakery after closing down for the day, and the only time I get sent to my home lot is when I come home from one of the other careers (if I have another career). I just travel to the retail apartment and it's no big deal.

I also like that there aren't lines. It would make my shop more crowded and difficult to maneuver through, so it's convenient in spreading out the sims in my shop, while also adding another layer of challenge to identify who's ready to check out and to get to them before the time is up. It's also modernized, seeing as tablets are more commonly being used for cashpoints IRL. But, I didn't play TS2, so I didn't really have expectations coming into this - but I can imagine they couldn't just rehash everything they'd ever done before, the same way it was done before.

I will agree on the lack of locked doors though, not only for retail (I've been deleting my doors while the store is open) but also because everytime I woohoo in a household with multiple sims, someone always walks in. Usually with a plate of food. It's awkward for all of us. (ha)
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• Options
    staymetalstaymetal Posts: 5 New Member
    Glitches and Bugs:
    Like some other simmers here, I am experiencing the freezing/time glitch. My legacy, which I've had since TS4 came out, is unplayable because the game crashes every time the matriarch dies. Grim shows up to reap and the game just... stops. The clock keeps running, but I cannot adjust the speed. Sims continue their tasks with absolutely no progress being made, for hours and hours. Eventually the game just crashes and I get sent back to my desktop.
    I started a new household just to see if perhaps my save file had been corrupted. Although the game isn't crashing (yet) in my new household, I am encountering a problem where my sim just stops her actions, stands still for a few sim hours. During that time, I cannot click on anything, adjust the time speed, cancel her actions, etc. Eventually it starts working again and then the process repeats itself. This loop happened about every minute or so (real time), so the game has become extremely frustrating to play. This problem does not occur in CAS or when I'm managing the world. Just during gameplay, both at the home lot and at public lots.

Because these glitches started immediately upon installation, I unfortunately have been unable to explore much that this EP has to offer. I am very excited to be able to explore the careers and the new photography and baking skills. I was also beyond ecstatic that the still life option has returned for the easel. That was an experience I really missed!

Like everyone else here, I do wish the worlds were bigger and able to be edited, like in previous games. I play legacies, and so I refuse to evict or remove my families. And I hate demolishing the existing lots, but since I cannot add blank lots to build my homes for my legacies... It's difficult, to say the least.

I'm confident that the Sims team will repair this annoying glitch and when that happens, I will happily delve into this new EP. I've been reading the threads about everyone else's experiences and it makes me even more excited for a fix. :)
    As for the bigger worlds with more empty lots... I'm willing to wait it out and see what's next for this generation of Sims.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Haven't played much yet but I am enjoying all the new objects and possibilities.

Two things that need to be improved are

1. Allow your sim to eat bought food on an npc controlled bakery lot (not sure if this is a bug), but it defeats the purpose of visiting bakeries.
    2. Allow npc control stores to restock items, or restock them next time you visit. (I think this happens for food, but not all items or mannequins).
    3. Have a take my picture when using the photography studio item so a husband and wife can get a picture taken together without needing to control a third person. Maybe also add ability for a adult and child picture together.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    BUGS: The ongoing bug of missing text has made GTW unplayable, as all the instructions, ingrediants etc are missing. The temporary solution of uninstalling and re-installing means, re-downloading not only the Base Game and all the patches, but also Outdoor Retreat and the GTW. It's a waste of time as well as a waste of bandwidth, and for people living in other countries with slow and limited internet, the issue has become alarming.
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 640 Member
    Some problems I've noticed is that now when I just want my Sims to talk one on one or flirt, all conversations end up as group conversations which makes it hard to build romantic relationships, leads to a ton of awkward conversations, and can always lead to confusion on who is talking and who isnt.

I also noticed a glitch with one of my Sims who is moving platers of group meals and baked goods between her inventory and the fridge. When both are open, sometimes I am unable to move the plate, it will look like I selected it but I am unable to move it so the item gets stuck and I cannot do anything about it.
    Check out my Youtube channel where I create life simulation gaming videos including content about the Sims 4! MellowGamerChick YT
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    I think the game has gone overboard on low needs, the Sims are to tired to go out to socialize, have fun and then everything at work wont work, no tasks get done, no social time and the day is over with not enough pay to buy things, or pay bills. It becomes a constant battle to get the Sim to be happy enough to play a game, but that isn't even raising the fun level enough to make the Sim happy. If her energy level is full and her hunger is full when she GETS to work everything is in the red. I try to get it all back up and then the day is over, she got nothing done. Can't take her out on the town cuz too tired. Its a constant battle and I am getting too tired fighting with the needs to play. I don't use mods, or custom content or cheats, but I am now using a cheat, MAKE Happy and need lock. I didn't have this problem before I got the EP (same Sim).
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    ADDICTED TO THIS GAME, adore that as an alien you can have a human disguise and that makes it a mystery if other people in your sims meet could be aliens too! I love all the cool little details you guys put into this game, I really think that it is my FAVORITE sims expansion of all time so far. THE BABY DELIVERY WAS AWESOME! When the doctor took out my sim's heart for a few seconds I was genuinely scared.

THE ALIEN WORLD IS THE BEST THING EVER, IT IS SO 🐸🐸🐸🐸 PRETTY. THE COLORS ARE AWESOME.

Love all the new objects, clothes, and hair! Especially the long styled male hairs you put in. And the BEANIE!

The selfies are perfect. They give the sims so much personality!

At first I thought Sims 4 wasn't as good as sims 3. Beginning to see how wrong I was, the sims in sims 4 feel so much more BIG in personality. The new jobs that go into so much detail and the endless possibilities of businesses to create is amazing. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

In the future I'd like to see the possibility of going to school with the kids and teens, since we can go to work with the adults. One of the best things i love most about the sims 4 right now, is the way we can rotationally concentrate on one sim in a family at a time, and not worry that the others are doing chaotic things at home when we are gone.

ALL the details you put in the careers and all the things you can do with the sims makes me feel like the sims 4 world is more vast (despite their being no open world)

JUSt love this game, it is perfect.
  • Options
    ZxujZxuj Posts: 233 Member
    Like the aliens but would have been nice if some of there features (like eyes and ears) could be inherited or aliens born with human skin tones.
    For Custom Content Free sims and lots look for me: Zxuj in the gallery
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    I am enjoying the science career and being able to go to work at the lab with my sim.

I haven't built a business or tried the other two careers yet. The new items are good.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    RydiahRydiah Posts: 14 New Member
    So far, I've only tried out the doctor career and have a bakery...So I can't really comment on the other stuff just yet. I'm really enjoying it so far....Buuuut there are a few things that bug me.

For the doctor. Whenever my sim is admitting someone to a bed, they almost always kick a sim out of one, even if the bed next to them is empty! Um, really I think that's my only issue with the doctor career so far.

My biggest issues are with retail. Even though I absolutely love it, there are some things I can't ignore! When building my bakery, I tried building it kind of like the one in the trailers...with the refrigerated displays surrounding the register. When I opened my shop, all the sims went behind the counter to browse. Its a small thing, but it really bothers me! Also when I hired a sim, she immediately went into my break room/kitchen and talked with Bella Goth (who shouldn't have been in there!) until I was about to close, then I fired her. She did nothing! Being able to lock doors would be SO helpful! Also, a counter with a gate that can be locked, or maybe just being able to make an area that's employee only or something. And, can I please use the cash register?! I'd much rather check customers out at the register instead of on a tablet.

Some random things...My male sim was abducted and had an alien baby. I like the disguise, but I would have kept it if I could put normal clothes and (maybe?) hair on them. I don't really like the plastic looking suit...I still have "New" tags on stuff from Outdoor Retreat, I can't seem to get rid of them! So, when I unlock something from say, a promotion, I can't always tell what I've unlocked!
  • Options
    bekahdewarbekahdewar Posts: 1 New Member
    Not happy
    I preorder it download it and cant see the writing for anything to do with the expansions
    I just want to play but its hard when you dont know whats what
    Doesnt even come up when you go in the description of the jobs
  • Options
    blahilikecheeseblahilikecheese Posts: 4 New Member
    edited April 2015
    My main issues and concerns I have are:
    -If you choose to have a bakery as your retail lot, the sims don't sit and eat there, which is disappointing
    -In the Doctor career, incoming patients just crowd the front desk and don't sit and wait or anything. And the hospital is completely understaffed and it seems like a lot of the other workers don't actually work, while my sim is doing a lot of it herself.
    -You can't lock doors! If you build yourself a little room in your retail lot there is no stopping customers from coming in, watching your TV, or eating your food. Rather rude of them.
    -I wish that sims would actually form lines when they are purchasing an object from the retail store. But I do like the use of the tablet when ringing up customers.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Love the EP, but I have a few issues;

- Sims are able to eat Bakery items, even after they are set for sale. They shouldn't be able to eat things once they are set for sale.

- The tasks given to Sims when they start in the Doctor Career are useless, as Patients don't get treated and you spend all day eating snacks and drinking coffee.

- Sims are not supposed to enter rooms that don't have things for sale. And yet Sims are going to areas that my Sims use to keep happy. Sims also walk in areas that just don't make sense, and it's annoying.
  • Options
    dragonmiroffdragonmiroff Posts: 23 Member
    In detective mode I could not take a picture of a burnt dollhouse as it was the wrong way round. The doll house itself was in the way. The lessons on detective not helpful.........The notebook is where? (I know now tho) Time limits on crime scenes are not long enough even with the single extension.

Added unrelated note, Could do with a career aptitude test option while at school.
  • Options
    ClassicCats7ClassicCats7 Posts: 31 Member
    I would have liked a few more bigger lots in existing worlds
  • Options
    sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    @SimGuruBChick I'm having the same problem as a lot of others. I have one the highest skilled employees in my retail store, I have assigned him to ring up customers and he doesn't do it. He just stands there or he cleans. Other than that, I'm loving this EP!
  • Options
    EarythaEarytha Posts: 6 New Member
    I am enjoying the doctor career but now that I am up at level 7, it doesn't seem like the other workers are doing anything.. Many of the patients leave because I can't get to them in time.
  • Options
    cameron50055cameron50055 Posts: 58 Member
    Make Many interaction plain and simple. Bakeries are a pain in the *** right now
  • Options
    staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    Overall I love this EP - so much to do.

I enjoy:
    Retail - the freedom to make various types of stores. Also, this sounds small but a big deal for me - I really like the fact that you can size the mannequins like regular sims - that's awesome that I can make plus-size mannequins :-). I enjoy retail overall the most (along with detective).

Active careers - I enjoy all of them. They're a good mix of guided play and freedom. I was least excited for the scientist career, but I like it more than I thought I would. Haven't encountered aliens yet so I can't speak to that yet.

Critiques:
    -the fact that we can't have retail on our home lots is making the lack of lots overall an even bigger issue for me. I am running 20 households in both worlds combined, and even with four new retail lots, i am really running out of space. We should be able to add more lots. I get the desire for smooth gameplay, but not all of us have low spec computers.
    -the employees are a waste of pay. They don't do their jobs, even if berated. Sometimes it isn't even an option.
    -lack of locking doors.
    -lack of ability to visit work venues off the clock.

Overall, I am loving this expansion :-).
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    I am really liking it so far - but its SO short. My doctor barely sees a few people before she's kicked off home. Hopefully a mod could extend the day.
  • Options
    NikkioneNikkione Posts: 113 Member
    I realise this has been said but I think that declaring it again can only help matters so EA know that A LOT of people are demanding it but we NEED lockable doors/gates or even hatches so customers stay in front of the counter and we can make Staff only areas. I cannot believe that during testing this was not an issue for EA and if it wasn't I would love to know how they got around it. I don't want to have to keep going into build mode at opening and closing times and deleting or adding a gate.

Other than that, at present I am trying to enjoy my little cake shop. I do love the idea behind this expansion and the potential gameplay it has, but without adding these staff only areas I might end up quitting till there is a mod to fix it. Will it be like Sims 3 all over again, where modders fix the game, they did for me anyway.
    Please please please can we have more aspirations.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,460 Member
    I'm very disappointed we can't take pics of the selfies on the wall for story telling. They don't show in screenshots. I'm assuming this is more of a bug issue because in TS3 we could take pics of the selfies and they would go into screenshots.

I'm sure this can be patched.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top