Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some Ideas to Improve The Sims 4 Base Game

joseiloaizachjoseiloaizach Posts: 298 Member
When someone criticizes and compares The Sims 4 with The Sims 2 or The Sims 3, some fans get upset and say it's not fair to compare a base game with another that has 8 or 11 expansions. BUT, the problem is that if we compare the three base game, The Sims 4 fails in some aspects. Some mistakes made in TS2 and TS3 was remove some objects and features that were already in the previous base games and add it with the expansions, e.g. pianos in TS3 Late Night, aliens in TS3 Four Seasons or the memories and genealogist tree in TS3 Generations (BTW, thanks Eaxis for the last update), and I hope they don't do that with toddlers. I will start by analyzing each base game to compare what is missing.

THE SIMS 1: Where it all started... The Sims 4 already has everything, I think the only thing missing are the tools to level the ground and make lakes.

THE SIMS 2: Considered the favorite of all...

- Memories.
- Diseases: will be on "Get to Work", BUT should be in the base game.
- Stores: will be on Get to Work, BUT should be in the base game.
- Toddlers: I know you are tired about this, but I had to add it, at least are confirmed…
- Foundations: already exist in The Sims 4, but are very limited and somewhat complicated to build...
- Customizing the world.
- More objects for babies.

THE SIMS 3: The favorite of the new generation of simmers and and the game that revolutionized the saga...

- Cars: could be added in an update. I know it would be stupid because the semi-open world, but TS2 world was more limited, so the cars could have the same interactions as TS2 but with animations from TS3. Most fans hated the cars from TS3 for not having an animation to park cars, but you have to understand that they did it that way so we could have more freedom when building.

- Opportunities: it was very great, because they were short missions to make the game more dynamic. They may be added in Get to Work.
- Local parties.

I hope you have read everything and sorry if this thread was very long. Sorry for my bad english. :|
SWB%2BBanner%2BForums.png

♦ Origin ID: joseiloaizach
♦ Blog: simwillbuild.blogspot.com
♦ Twitter: twitter.com/SimWillBuild
Post edited by joseiloaizach on

Comments

• Options
    UPDATED. I split it on various topics to make it shorter.

• Options
    teresa.eater.evansteresa.eater.evans Posts: 24 New Member
    What do you mean toddlers at least are confirmed? Is that legit?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member

They aren't confirmed.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    All three had terrain and water tools. They also had a lot of NPCs that were taken out in the Sims 4 like the newspaper kid, the social worker you could see, the police officer, the firefighter, the robber, the gardener, and the handyman. All three had the newspaper, dishwasher, garbage disposal and land-line telephone.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    y88cdwy88cdw Posts: 34 New Member
    Terrain tool and constrainfloorelevation cheat for advanced architecture (split leveling) in Sims 2 and 3
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2015
    When someone criticizes and compares The Sims 4 with The Sims 2 or The Sims 3, some fans get upset and say it's not fair to compare a base game with another that has 8 or 11 expansions. BUT, the problem is that if we compare the three base game, The Sims 4 fails in some aspects. Some mistakes made in TS2 and TS3 was remove some objects and features that were already in the previous base games and add it with the expansions, e.g. pianos in TS3 Late Night, aliens in TS3 Four Seasons or the memories and genealogist tree in TS3 Generations (BTW, thanks Eaxis for the last update), and I hope they don't do that with toddlers. I will start by analyzing each base game to compare what is missing.

THE SIMS 1: Where it all started... The Sims 4 already has everything, I think the only thing missing are the tools to level the ground and make lakes.

THE SIMS 2: Considered the favorite of all...

- Memories.
    - Diseases: will be on "Get to Work", BUT should be in the base game.
    - Stores: will be on Get to Work, BUT should be in the base game.
    - Toddlres: I know you are tired about this, but I had to add it, at least are confirmed…
    - Foundations: already exist in The Sims 4, but are very limited and somewhat complicated to build...
    - Customizing the world.
    - More objects for babies.

THE SIMS 3: The favorite of the new generation of simmers and and the game that revolutionized the saga...

- Cars: could be added in an update. I know it would be stupid because the semi-open world, but TS2 world was more limited, so the cars could have the same interactions as TS2 but with animations from TS3. Most fans hated the cars from TS3 for not having an animation to park cars, but you have to understand that they did it that way so we could have more freedom when building.

- Opportunities: it was very great, because they were short missions to make the game more dynamic. They may be added in Get to Work.
    - Local parties.

I hope you have read everything and sorry if this thread was very long. Sorry for my bad english. :|

Memories are in the game already.
    TS4 as ENOUGH goals already to do no Opportunities please.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I would love though if they could bring back an improved Zodiac system to add to the traits to give more personality to our sims, toddler lifestage for sure and carpools.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I'm personally glad they didn't add diseases into the base game. Toddlers aren't confirmed, but gurus have confirmed they can develop life stages in the game --- perhaps you were confused on that part.

Stores were never in base games- library, bars, gyms, etc. are not considered "stores", their community venues.

Foundations are pretty simple to use, I just find it irritating that if I want to build additional buildings on a lot they have foundations as well. If they could add a feature that allowed specific rooms to have foundations and specific buildings to have foundations it would be a lot simpler to use and less irritating; not to mention add the ability to have split levels on a ground floor.

We can already customize our worlds to a limitation- I'm thinking they'll give us a neighborhood editing tool if they give us the Town Life expansion in the upcoming near future.

Babies need more interactions- not objects, since babies really only just lie in their cribs.

And what they really need to do is find a way to open the neighborhoods and keep the loading screen traveling between neighborhoods and worlds.

We already have opportunities.

With a city living/late night expansion pack I hope they give us back the Sims 2 feature: Chemistry- it would allow us to give our Sims turn on's and turn off's, that way our Sim doesn't fall in love with whoever gives them a tiny bit of attention.

And since we have whims which are the same was "wants" from TS3, I'm hoping they give us fears again. Since TS4 is supposedly about "Smart Sims" and their "emotions" 'fears' are an emotion. In reality we all have fears. So why can my Sim have a whim, but not a fear? Maybe my Sim is afraid of the dark and that's the reason she sleeps with every light on in the house? Or my Sim is afraid of rejection and is the reason she stays home and makes her living writing novels and painting masterpieces?
  • Options
    I'm personally glad they didn't add diseases into the base game. Toddlers aren't confirmed, but gurus have confirmed they can develop life stages in the game --- perhaps you were confused on that part.

Stores were never in base games- library, bars, gyms, etc. are not considered "stores", their community venues.

Foundations are pretty simple to use, I just find it irritating that if I want to build additional buildings on a lot they have foundations as well. If they could add a feature that allowed specific rooms to have foundations and specific buildings to have foundations it would be a lot simpler to use and less irritating; not to mention add the ability to have split levels on a ground floor.

We can already customize our worlds to a limitation- I'm thinking they'll give us a neighborhood editing tool if they give us the Town Life expansion in the upcoming near future.

Babies need more interactions- not objects, since babies really only just lie in their cribs.

And what they really need to do is find a way to open the neighborhoods and keep the loading screen traveling between neighborhoods and worlds.

With a city living/late night expansion pack I hope they give us back the Sims 2 feature: Chemistry- it would allow us to give our Sims turn on's and turn off's, that way our Sim doesn't fall in love with whoever gives them a tiny bit of attention.

And since we have whims which are the same was "wants" from TS3, I'm hoping they give us fears again. Since TS4 is supposedly about "Smart Sims" and their "emotions" 'fears' are an emotion. In reality we all have fears. So why can my Sim have a whim, but not a fear? Maybe my Sim is afraid of the dark and that's the reason she sleeps with every light on in the house? Or my Sim is afraid of rejection and is the reason she stays home and makes her living writing novels and painting masterpieces?

TS2 basegame had stores both clothing and grocery.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    edited March 2015
    @Sigzy05- Seriously? It's been ages since I played TS2 base game. I swear I thought it only had a library. WOW, I feel 🐸🐸🐸🐸 right now lol. I have all the expansion packs probably the reason I didn't think of those stores. I'm already losing my mind. I'm going to have to install The Sims 2 if I can find it at my mom's. I'm literally dumbfounded that I thought 'stores' didn't come out until the first expansion of TS2. Well, my apologies to you joseiloalzach.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @Sigzy05- Seriously? It's been ages since I played TS2 base game. I swear I thought it only had a library. WOW, I feel 🐸🐸🐸🐸 right now lol. I have all the expansion packs probably the reason I didn't think of those stores. I'm already losing my mind. I'm going to have to install The Sims 2 if I can find it at my mom's. I'm literally dumbfounded that I thought 'stores' didn't come out until the first expansion of TS2. Well, my apologies to you joseiloalzach.

Yes it had them, restaurants only came in Nightlife though and later you could build your own store (bakery, toy store, retail store, flower shop and a saloon) with OFB.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    RapunzelRapunzel Posts: 130 Member

They aren't confirmed.

He meant, that they should be at least mentioned, because everybody wants them and everybody is tiered of hearing that everybody says that at the same time.
  • Options
    RapunzelRapunzel Posts: 130 Member

No, what where this fancy little houses where you could buy clothes and food in Sims2? There even were cash desks.

How do you know that? Evidence please.

Totally with you, buddy. ^^

Will not happen, but would be fine.

sounds great

Thats quiet cool

• Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    All three had terrain and water tools. They also had a lot of NPCs that were taken out in the Sims 4 like the newspaper kid, the social worker you could see, the police officer, the firefighter, the robber, the gardener, and the handyman. All three had the newspaper, dishwasher, garbage disposal and land-line telephone.

You're right, I had forgotten that.

• Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I didn't know about the memories in TS4, where I can see them?.

You're right about opportunities lol.
    I would love though if they could bring back an improved Zodiac system to add to the traits to give more personality to our sims, toddler lifestage for sure and carpools.

I had forgotten the zodiac system!. I think in TS3 it came with Late Night, but I hope they add it with a free patch.

• Options

Don't worry :) The stores that you could build in TS2 base game were: clothing, grocery, video game and magazines.

Cafes came with University, restaurants with Nightlife and jewelries I think with Bon Voyage.

• Options

I didn't know about the memories in TS4, where I can see them?.

You're right about opportunities lol.

I had forgotten the zodiac system!. I think in TS3 it came with Late Night, but I hope they add it with a free patch.

If go to the camera icon a "window" pops and there are two little icons there, one sais screenshot, the other sais memories, click in memories :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Their was so much missing you did not had to your post OP!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    GeorgiaTehSimmerGeorgiaTehSimmer Posts: 213 Member
    I don't think they should let babies out of the crib, that moment in the sims 3 when it was deep snow and you loose the baby ...
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2015

I personally Don't mind sickness not being in the base game either!

I hated it in the Sims 2 because Sims were constantly getting sick and spoiling the game play :'(

I never seen any conformation of toddlers coming back, or that they said they could develop new life stages for the Sims 4?

Stores for food and clothing were in the Sims 2 base game, and food and book stores were in the Sims 3 base game!

Though the build mode improved in some areas it lacks in a lot of others and agree with your post about them as now there too limited :/

We can't really do much with the world other than edit the lots, and if they add a feature like that in and expansion pack is just going to confirm they took basic base game features out to add in DLC :o

I can live with babies how they are now with interactions, if they bring toddlers back, but long term without toddler I would hate!

I would be happy if they opened things up as long as lots don't become empty like they were in 3 lol!

That's one of the worst parts of having the open world, deserted lots :/

I'm happy to see more opportunities B)

Personally I loved night life and apartment life in their own expansions!

What happened with 3 was we ended up with things missing because they decided to add two backs together!

Much like they did with GTW!

The Sims 3 late night ended up with less of the nightlight stuff and the same with apartments in 3 :'(

The Sims have improved in 4 in parts, but lost so much, like when somebody cheats, fights dies they just stand their like robots doing nothing!

Sims need work and I welcome improvements to how they are now, and still unhappy that so much was cut from the game when things like this ain't even in the game when they spent so much time promoting emotions and said this was why other things weren't ready for the base game!

I have yet to see much emotions after 6 months
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon