Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now the ultimate question: HOW DO WE DOWNLOAD IT??

Lol. Not kidding, it reads you have to restart the game? Or restart origin to do it instead?

It reads

"When this pack is finished downloading, restart Sims 4 to play"

Does that mean it's automatically installing at midnight, or do we have to do something?

I sound like an idiot but I want it as soon as possible so wanna know lol!
I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition

Comments

• Options
    2kittymama2kittymama Posts: 111 Member
    I posed that question a while ago and a couple of different simmers told me that it will not download automatically, but when you launch Origin, it will let you know that GTW is available for download (finally).
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    2kittymama wrote: »
    I posed that question a while ago and a couple of different simmers told me that it will not download automatically, but when you launch Origin, it will let you know that GTW is available for download (finally).

Oh okay cool thank you! I 've had the game open for last half hour thinking it'll automatically download on there lol. Thanks for the clarification
  • Options
    JuicySharpieJuicySharpie Posts: 52 Member
    I hope it will take only 10 minutes lol
  • Options

You and me both, but I have a feeling that's only wishful thinking :/
  • Options
    VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member
    I am so afraid since we didnt het a pre-load this time with all of us downloading at the same time will origin be able to handle it
  • Options
    hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    I am so afraid since we didnt het a pre-load this time with all of us downloading at the same time will origin be able to handle it

exactly my thoughts
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options

GASP DON'T CURSE IT!!! :o
  • Options

Pretty much shutting down anything running on my computer at midnight to try for the best download time, even with that it'll still take forever but still one can hope!
  • Options
    VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member

Lol I am trying to be positive I hope all goes well cause dang it I have been waiting for an EP like this since open for business
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    the rest of the world won't get it til friday. we might be alright.
  • Options

Lol I am trying to be positive I hope all goes well cause dang it I have been waiting for an EP like this since open for business

All reviews have been really really strong for this so far, so my excitement is through the roof, I haven't felt this excited probably since sims 4 was first released

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

All reviews have been really really strong for this so far, so my excitement is through the roof, I haven't felt this excited probably since sims 4 was first released

so close now.
  • Options
    Babiishawtyy112Babiishawtyy112 Posts: 4 New Member
    I think it's bogus that we have to wait until midnight and the West coast doesn't. Origin is going to overload and nobody is going to be able to play. What's the point of pre ordering? They should release it at midnight at every time zone. This would cause origin to react better than all at once!
  • Options
    @Babiishawtyy112 YOU'RE GETTING IT THE SAME TIME AS US! LOOK AT YOUR OWN COUNTDOWN IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME!! That's not bogus! You get to download the exact same time as us, 9pm PST aka midnight EST
  • Options

Shoot, we should've set up a formal download schedule!
  • Options
    2kittymama wrote: »

Shoot, we should've set up a formal download schedule!

*shouts in katniss' voice* I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE I VOLUNTEER TO BE FIRST!

• Options
    Yeah but technically you guys get it early. It should be midnight for every time zone. We had to wait all night why shouldn't you? Your night is just beginning while ours is reaching over the threshold. It's more so an insult as to why bother pre ordering? Yeah you get it sooner than running to the store. But you can order it right now too. I don't care..I'm stoked! And origin isn't overloading mines almost done so I am happy all around!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yeah but technically you guys get it early. It should be midnight for every time zone. We had to wait all night why shouldn't you? Your night is just beginning while ours is reaching over the threshold. It's more so an insult as to why bother pre ordering? Yeah you get it sooner than running to the store. But you can order it right now too. I don't care..I'm stoked! And origin isn't overloading mines almost done so I am happy all around!

No we most definitely don't, by that reasoning you're getting it early by getting it on the 30th rather than the 31st! YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT NOW! Are you blind or do you not see all the people downloading it?

This guy must be a troll

My night is just beginning, had no idea midnight is the start of an evening?

Is this guy literally delusional?
  • Options
    LexiiConLexiiCon Posts: 36 Member
    I'm surprised. With so many people downloading it at once, it's actually moving pretty fast. Ten minutes top to download.
  • Options
    Actually, it's the 31st once it hits midnight. So, the only people receiving it on the 30th are the west coast people. Of course I see all of the people downloading it. A troll? Please. At least I know and understand the difference between 11:59 pm and 12 am. In all actuality, east coast people (including myself) were able to access the download on the 31st being that it is after midnight. And 9 pm is a pretty early start to the evening as oppose to 12 am when some of us do work for a living. Hope you are enjoying your game you "troll".
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Actually, it's the 31st once it hits midnight. So, the only people receiving it on the 30th are the west coast people. Of course I see all of the people downloading it. A troll? Please. At least I know and understand the difference between 11:59 pm and 12 am. In all actuality, east coast people (including myself) were able to access the download on the 31st being that it is after midnight. And 9 pm is a pretty early start to the evening as oppose to 12 am when some of us do work for a living. Hope you are enjoying your game you "troll".

You don't grasp things very well do you lol. We on the east coast got it at MIDNIGHT, March 31st, the same time that people on the west coast got it at 9pm. Are you delusional? 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Still baffled how midnight is somehow starting my night, because that's when I was able to download it, not at 9pm, so by that reasoning, the west coast people are the ones who got it at the start of their night. Dear lord, do you even hear what you're saying, or are you just honestly this dumb? What a troll. WE ALL GOT IT AT THE SAME TIME

blocking this idiot
  • Options
    dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member

That argument workds on both sides of the coin, though. By the same logic , people on the east coast finish work (or school, or whatever commitments a person has) 3 hours earlier than people on the west coast, so they can start playing 3 hours earlier the next day, when you have more time to devote to it, rather than just a few hours before bed.