Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be Careful with Amazon Pre-Orders

I just had a disappointing chat with both an Amazon associate and their supervisor. Amazon is not following the official release date for GTW and instead, is releasing it at 12:00AM Pacific time. Anyone ordering from Amazon will receive their digital code THREE HOURS late. Completely unacceptable.

I'm particularly disappointed because I changed my work schedule to accommodate the game's release and to use my Amazon gift card. Now, thanks to their poor business practice, I'm forced to pay out of pocket just to get the game at the correct time.

Just a quick heads up if anyone has or plans on preordering from Amazon with the expectation of playing at their correct release time!
Yes, I am the one obsessed with Michael Myers.
Origin ID: iRetr0
tumblr_ph50sjUexV1r2aobgo3_540.gif

Comments

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I just had a disappointing chat with both an Amazon associate and their supervisor. Amazon is not following the official release date for GTW and instead, is releasing it at 12:00AM Pacific time. Anyone ordering from Amazon will receive their digital code THREE HOURS late. Completely unacceptable.

I'm particularly disappointed because I changed my work schedule to accommodate the game's release and to use my Amazon gift card. Now, thanks to their poor business practice, I'm forced to pay out of pocket just to get the game at the correct time.

Just a quick heads up if anyone has or plans on preordering from Amazon with the expectation of playing at their correct release time!

My Amazon ordered shipped already, I got a text message from them about 3 hours ago. I have a very slow internet, DSL, so it takes forever and a day to download anything. I was waiting all day for the camping game pack to finish up. So buying a physical copy is the way for me to get it quicker, plus, I would rather have it in my hand. It makes me feel like I actually got something for my money.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    IconicIconic Posts: 427 Member
    edited March 2015
    Celiria wrote: »
    Oh boo boo. Are people really so impatient now that they get upset over having to wait three hours for a game. It's just three hours go watch TV or read a book and it will pass before you know it.

Newsflash, @Celiria, if you don't have anything nice to say or productive to contribute, maybe you shouldn't say anything. That was SO unnecessarily RUDE.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I'm sorry OP :( I had that happen with TS3 Supernatural. It is frustrating when you don't have access to something you're excited for when you thought you would. Catch up on your sleep now, you'll need it for when you crack out on the game later. ~_^ <3
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sorry OP :( I had that happen with TS3 Supernatural. It is frustrating when you don't have access to something you're excited for when you thought you would. Catch up on your sleep now, you'll need it for when you crack out on the game later. ~_^ <3

Thanks, @Ceres_Meiriona :heart: I think I might call the 24 hour Walmart and see if I can pick it up there at midnight. Wouldn't mind having a physical copy anyway.
  • Options
    Andrew060Andrew060 Posts: 281 Member
    Really? Three hours upsets you?
    Andrew - UK Fan and player of the Sims since the year 2000
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    OP this is why I don't order any of my games from Amazon. With Sims 3 the EPs were always late...a day to a week late. Not fun. :(
  • Options
    Andrew060 wrote: »
    Really? Three hours upsets you?

When you consider the fact that I changed my work schedule to allow me time to play it a little bit before I go on a business trip to the northern most part of the country, yeah. I planned on playing at midnight, going to bed at 3am and heading to the airport in the morning.

Despite that little setback, I am grateful regardless in lieu of the people who actually have to wait until Thursday, the poor fellows. The good news is, since the people I spoke with at Amazon couldn't do anything themselves, they gave me the e-mail address to the corporate office so that I can voice my opinion on the matter. The Amazon associates themselves even said it doesn't make sense when EA/Maxis are releasing it at 9pm Pacific time and Amazon can only release it at 12:00am Pacific. Hopefully my e-mail will influence change for future reference, not just with The Sims 4, but anything else.
  • Options
    xsophiex9999xsophiex9999 Posts: 167 Member
    3 hours isn't that long to wait, I still have to wait 3 days. Catch up on programmes or something, that's what I've been doing! :)
    vht3wy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    taffy550 wrote: »
    OP this is why I don't order any of my games from Amazon. With Sims 3 the EPs were always late...a day to a week late. Not fun. :(

Indeed. The worst part is, getting a digital code from Amazon and they say, "Download immediately at release," and they don't e-mail you the code until a day or two later. Totally terrible.
  • Options
    laydaywaylaydayway Posts: 259 Member
    i hope it doesnt do that to me
  • Options
    laydayway wrote: »
    i hope it doesnt do that to me

I hope not!
    In my opinion, everyone should have access to everything at the same time. I don't know why Europe has to wait until April 2nd any more than why Amazon can't follow proper release dates. They even said, "We follow Pacific time." Then it should be released on your website at 9pm!
  • Options
    mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    edited March 2015
    Yes you should buy a physical copy. As of right now my card was charged twice because they were having tech difficulties. So I contact them . With my two order numbers. Even typed in those numbers on live chat. I doubled checked them. So I just now went on line to make sure it's refunded. And now I have a new number that is being refunded to me.Do you think I will have the same problem if I call? Do I still have two order numbers? Sorry forgot I ordered it through origin.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • Options
    BunnDaleBunnDale Posts: 165 Member
    Oh boo boo. Are people really so impatient now that they get upset over having to wait three hours for a game. It's just three hours go watch TV or read a book and it will pass before you know it.

THIS ;)
  • Options
    BunnDale wrote: »

THIS ;)

Newsflash, @Celiria, if you don't have anything nice to say or productive to contribute, maybe you shouldn't say anything. That was SO unnecessarily RUDE.

THIS.
  • Options
    KahtzKahtz Posts: 21 New Member
    Seems better getting in the box games from Amazon rather than downloads. Live and learn huh. I ordered my original Sims 4 discs from them because I got an Amazon gift card for Christmas. That went ok, but it was not a preorder or a digital download.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    So @writetheeulogy, are you just waiting on them to release a code? Why do they need 3 extra hours for that?

I know some people are saying big deal, 3 hours, but if I had organised my day around something I would be miffed too if it was changed at the last minute :(

We don't get the game until Thursday here. I have planned my day already because I have a few things going on that day. If the store I am going to delayed the release for 3 hours, I would not be able to get it until Saturday. So yes sometimes just 3 hours does stuff things up.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Cookie4simsCookie4sims Posts: 149 Member
    I did my research before ordering from any of the above company....amazon wasn't delivering it until April 2 ..so I went to Gamestop, about 4 miles from me and put in to hold me a copy. Plan B, if for some reason something happen with them..Target my next stop about 10 miles from me. Walmart in my area never has new games in stock on time. And My hughesnet is to slow this time of the month for DL. If none have it I will go home and be happy ...patients is a virtue.
  • Options
    acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member

But honestly, she/he is correct, I mean it's just three hours. Although she sounded really rude, though.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Sorry that happened to you, that's a bummer! Thanks for the warning, it will be good for the future. I tend to just order from Origin so I know I have it, but if it's somewhere for cheaper or I have a gift card, that's the direction I go. If I pre-order, I want it when it's released, otherwise there is no point in pre-ordering, so I understand where you're coming from.
  • Options
    AymeAyme Posts: 68 Member
    I had a similar disappointment last night. The good news is that you don't have to wait for Amazon to email you the code, it's available in your games library on Amazon at the designated time. I was grateful for that, at least. I had a gift card I wanted to use up for this purchase as well, but in the future, I'll probably just go with Origin to avoid the delay.
  • Options
    joleaco wrote: »
    So @writetheeulogy, are you just waiting on them to release a code? Why do they need 3 extra hours for that?

I know some people are saying big deal, 3 hours, but if I had organised my day around something I would be miffed too if it was changed at the last minute :(

We don't get the game until Thursday here. I have planned my day already because I have a few things going on that day. If the store I am going to delayed the release for 3 hours, I would not be able to get it until Saturday. So yes sometimes just 3 hours does stuff things up.

Amazon follows Pacific time, so they wouldn't release their digital codes until midnight PST, which was 3am in my time zone. Even though Pacific time should have had it at 9pm.

Yeah it does suck a bit, but at least we all are able to get the game. :smile:
  • Options
    akburch28akburch28 Posts: 1 New Member
    This happened to me. They sent me the code, but it's not available for download until today at 6pm EST. They sent the code yesterday at 12 am EST, needless to say I was upset. They shouldn't advertise incorrect dates!
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Three hours would be an issue if you only have three hours playing time whereas three hours waiting time wouldn't be a problem if you have plenty of time to try out the EP.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member

Yeah, how dare someone expect punctuality. What a spoiled brat, expecting the official release date to be followed. Who do they think they are to expect good service? Good service ain't free!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif