Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers will be a 1 year anniversary gift.

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    knazzer wrote: »
    What about the anniversary just gone? :D we got a gnome.

Hahaha, no, the anniversary just gone, 15 years, we got an ad. Hahahaha, I really didn't think they would stoop that low, but they hyped up the 15 year anniversary then released the first trailer.

EA is nothing if not cheap.
    Yep, this really shocked me especially after them making a big deal in one of the 'news' articles about hos february was going to bring content updates and goodies all month...then we got two undies for valentines day and a broken genealogy tree.

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    What a terrible anniversary gift. Waiting a year to get a basic life stage....?! If they are incapable to release it any sooner, they should just call it quits on Sims 4 and start Sims 5. Ridiculous.

You really can't do anything other than complain, if you don't like TS4 fine then! Stick with TS3. But where's the need to come here to complain about a game you don't even play.

Oh please you don't know if I still play. I dabble here and there but that's not the point. You are free to praise the game as much as you want just as I am free to "complain" as much as I want. The issue starts when you start making it about the person rather than about the game. Learn to not do that or else your stay on these forums will be a short one.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    I think they'll add it to a generations expansion tbh.
  • Options
    Assimulo wrote: »
    I think they'll add it to a generations expansion tbh.
    Well that would be a shame wouldn't it... having to pay for a basic life stage is just mind boggling. I refuse to pay for toddlers! REFUSE!
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Deandra TheNewGirlDeandra TheNewGirl Posts: 384 Member
    I'm calling it now... they won't be giving us toddlers at all... ever.

We might get another gnome though ;)

Rumor has it that there is going to be a toddler gnome... not toddlers. Just a gnome. Made to tease us of what we really desire but will never have.

#GOTY
  • Options
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Keffers wrote: »
    Calling it now. They will give us Toddlers on the one year anniversary of the Sims 4 release. 1 year will have hopefully been enough time for them to work on them, and they need to give us something big for the 1 year. Have fun waiting.

Bye

Hopefully not, I refuse to wait untill September to have the toddlers, I hope the May patch will bring them...

What is the alternative but to wait?
    Not wait. Abandon the series. It may eventually come down to that.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Keffers wrote: »
    Calling it now. They will give us Toddlers on the one year anniversary of the Sims 4 release. 1 year will have hopefully been enough time for them to work on them, and they need to give us something big for the 1 year. Have fun waiting.

Bye

Since the teens are the same height as the adults they may give you toddlers the same height as the children in the game. That would be about the only way they would incorporate them into the game since they are a separate life stage. This way EA wouldn't have to do any tweeking or spend any extra time or money making them. Just like they did the teens in the game.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Since the teens are the same height as the adults they may give you toddlers the same height as the children in the game.
    In real life alot of teen are the same or similar heights to adults. Todders aren't even remotely the same height as children in this game (who look like pre-teens). If EA tried to make them the same height (which I don't think even EA would do) I would never buy another sims game. I would be too disgusted. I don't say that lightly because generally if I like a game I'll buy it rather than hold a grudge that would cause me to miss out on something I want. That would just be so far past acceptable.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    What a terrible anniversary gift. Waiting a year to get a basic life stage....?! If they are incapable to release it any sooner, they should just call it quits on Sims 4 and start Sims 5. Ridiculous.

You really can't do anything other than complain, if you don't like TS4 fine then! Stick with TS3. But where's the need to come here to complain about a game you don't even play.

Listen we bought the game too as well as many other sims games (including console, mobile versions and stand alone pc games such as medieval). Many of us have been with this game since it first came out so that's a lot of simoleons in their pockets. This being said if we are not happy about it we have the RIGHT to SAY so!

I personally REFUSE to buy another game from them until the return of toddlers. So if that means waiting for sims 5 I'll wait. I rather spend my money on a great game than a game made half fast!

All they had to do was take what they had in Sims 2 (especially the apartment living) combine that with the open world and free color design tool from the sims 3 add their new CAS modifications and they would have had an awesome Sims 4

I use to say if Sims 2 had A baby With Sims 3... that would make an awesome Sims 4

but I guess now that phrase will have to change to... That would make an awesome Sims 5

Let's just skip 4 all together and get to 5
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    Can someone explain the obscene fascination with gnomes this go-around of the series?
    I know there were the special gnomes in TS3 that could move around and looked different, but other than that, gnomes haven't been a big part of the series. If anything, llamas have been a sort of symbol for much longer than gnomes. Now, there's a pool gnome, regular gnome, nude gnome, ghost gnome, gnome riding a flamingo...

What the heck with the gnomes?! I don't want another gnome unless that gnome is actually a toddler in a gnome costume!

GNOME DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A WORD ANYMORE

Mischevious gnomes were actually part of TS1.. Was it since Makin Magic? I don't remember... TS4's gnomes are totally pointless, that's why they make them a symbol!

• Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited March 2015
    Shaobun wrote: »
    Since the teens are the same height as the adults they may give you toddlers the same height as the children in the game.
    In real life alot of teen are the same or similar heights to adults. Todders aren't even remotely the same height as children in this game (who look like pre-teens). If EA tried to make them the same height (which I don't think even EA would do) I would never buy another sims game. I would be too disgusted. I don't say that lightly because generally if I like a game I'll buy it rather than hold a grudge that would cause me to miss out on something I want. That would just be so far past acceptable.

Oh, stop acting like they made them the same height because it's so realistic. They made them this way to save money. You have to compare a sim to themselves, not the generation to one another. Not every person is fully grown with 13-16, why should every sim?

ETA: This comment is directed at people who say it is ok or even good they are the same height, because it is sooo "realistic". @Shaobun would prefer height sliders or distinguishable teens, so i'm sorry if she thought it was only directed at her.
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    I hope we get toddlers back very very soon, but to be honest I was hugely surprised when the first EP was GTW instead of Generations, because I thought EA knew how upset everyone was over toddlers and told us they were listening. GTW looks cool, but I'm still holding out hope for a Generations EP for EP2. Or a free patch! But the latter is unlikely ;)
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Heights in the Sims are unrealistic anyway. Everyone is the same height. If we were going by realism, there would be people of all different heights. Both my sons have been taller than me since they were 13, but shorter than my husband, who is a half a foot taller than I am.

The reason people want shorter teens is not because teens in the real world are shorter than adults (some are, some aren't). It's because it's a game, and shorter teens is a way to represent a younger life stage. Going back to my teenage sons who are both over 6' now, one with a beard and the other with waist length hair -- you can still tell at a glance that they're teenage males. In Sims 4, you can't tell at a glance because there just isn't the same level of detail (nor would I expect that, mind you). So height and slight body differences (like there were in the Sims 3) really do help just differentiate.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Heights in the Sims are unrealistic anyway. Everyone is the same height. If we were going by realism, there would be people of all different heights. Both my sons have been taller than me since they were 13, but shorter than my husband, who is a half a foot taller than I am.

The reason people want shorter teens is not because teens in the real world are shorter than adults (some are, some aren't). It's because it's a game, and shorter teens is a way to represent a younger life stage. Going back to my teenage sons who are both over 6' now, one with a beard and the other with waist length hair -- you can still tell at a glance that they're teenage males. In Sims 4, you can't tell at a glance because there just isn't the same level of detail (nor would I expect that, mind you). So height and slight body differences (like there were in the Sims 3) really do help just differentiate.

I wish it could be posible to hit the like key more tan once to say yes yes yes
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I want cupcakes with a green plumbob on top of it. I saw them in this vlog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWfXC-P5iEs
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2015
    I would just love to hear a guru comment on how long it takes to fully flesh out an unique life stage. Just a ballpark figure. Is it several months? A Year? Multiple years? That is something that we have never even had the slightest clue about, and I think that would help people understand and be more realistic about the time frame. They've never pulled back the curtain on something like that. I doubt they ever will, but I've always wondered about that.

It for sure takes much longer than giving some items and gnomes. But, it also depends on how many people they are having ''available'' to make them. The more people, the faster.

It's EA's priority management. $$-> no money.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member

I wasn't being serious. I was more or less saying this is something dumb that EA might do since the teens in the game were the same height as the adults. I know they wouldn't literally make the toddlers the same height as the children in the game. I said they wouldn't want to spend money trying to make toddlers so they might just say hey just call this kid a toddler.

6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    SlyBoots wrote: »
    I hope we get toddlers back very very soon, but to be honest I was hugely surprised when the first EP was GTW instead of Generations, because I thought EA knew how upset everyone was over toddlers and told us they were listening. GTW looks cool, but I'm still holding out hope for a Generations EP for EP2. Or a free patch! But the latter is unlikely ;)

I suspect they already had the first EP planned out before releasing the game, possibly even started on it.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    kaylajean90kaylajean90 Posts: 16 Member
    Legit... I was just commenting (to myself) yesterday about how much I wished that they put toddlers in the game!
  • Options
    Legit... I was just commenting (to myself) yesterday about how much I wished that they put toddlers in the game!
    I do the same thing. I make short annoyed comments to myself not only about toddlers whenever I attempt to play this half baked game.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    If toddlers ever make it in the game they'd have to be on a level of TS2 just to make the game even remotely playable for me. More than anything else, I find it boring. I have around 20 hours in this game, have never been able to play much past 90 minutes and actually fell asleep once when "playing." On the other hand, Cities Skylines came out March 10th I believe? and I already have almost 100 hours in and have barely scratched the surface of that game. Boring is boring....
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    What are toddlers? Never heard of them before...

Do they come with open world?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited March 2015
    marcellala wrote: »

Oh, stop acting like they made them the same height because it's so realistic. They made them this way to save money. You have to compare a sim to themselves, not the generation to one another. Not every person is fully grown with 13-16, why should every sim?
    You and the... people who liked your comment completely misunderstood what I was saying. It was cheap and lazy of EA to make teenagers indistinguishable from young adults/adults. That's obvious and not even up for debate/discussion. It would be completely unforgivable for toddlers to be the same height as children and so inexcusable that even EA wouldn't be able to justify it. I thought starglitters suggestion was ridiculous and carrying it to far. She has admitted she wasn't serious, but it's not always easy to "read" sarcasm. Just as it's not always to know somebody thinks something is so incredibly obvious it doesn't need to be stated (like that there are no height sliders to keep costs low and effort required to a minimum)
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    Deandra TheNewGirlDeandra TheNewGirl Posts: 384 Member
    What are toddlers? Never heard of them before...

Do they come with open world?

They're like Bigfoot often talked about but never seen.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    JaciJade wrote: »
    kirby356 wrote: »
    We didn't even get something that big for the 10 year anniversary of Sims. We'll probably get a really cheesy tweet and pair of glasses. #BudgetCuts #Broke

Or another top hat. The closest thing we'll get to a toddler will probably be a gnome in a diaper.

Haha gnomes in diapers is right up there with our current chucky doll babies. :D

Edit: dangnabit iPad

...full of angry poop...
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club