Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simguru Shannon has batgnome on Twitter

Comments

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    SimGuruGnome is hard at work on crafting patch notes. There are a lot of notes. He has developed writer's cramp.

Here @SimGuruBChick *hands over a heat pack and a wrist support* That should help him.

• Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited March 2015
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Why are the guru's not here - not everyone is a twiterer

I don't have one either :p

I don't have one either :|
    @ catmando830 I have to agree with you why do they use twitter? When this is their official site?( Why ) Not everyone has a twitter account. I'd prefer them to update here. I refuse to make an account just to get info that should be here. That's one of the things they need to change.
    @Sigzy05 BTW I love your siggy
    I watch American Dad every night on adult swim love that show <3

Not everyone is here on the forums either -- it behooves them to use multiple sources to reach the community. Plus it's a lot easier to send a Tweet than it is to post on the forum, especially if you're doing it on the go from a phone or tablet. I do have a Twitter account (mostly for chatting about sports with friends), but you don't have to have an account to check the Sims Twitter feed; you can find it here: https://twitter.com/TheSims -- you can check the Tweets they send plus the Tweets and Replies to see what questions they've gotten that they've answered. B)

Thank you I didn't know that :) I really appreciate this information. Sorry if I sounded rude but sometimes it feels like they just don't care about those of us who only use the official site and that gets frustrating :/
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited March 2015
    it feels like they just don't care about those of us who only use the official site

It's true, they DONT care about the forum people. Remember the big hoopla about adding the 'news' section?
    So why aren't they posting in there too? Look in that place and all you hear are crickets.
    :|

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-latest-news

latest news ???

yeah, the "latest news" was February 20 !

:/

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    edited March 2015
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    it feels like they just don't care about those of us who only use the official site

It's true, they DONT care about the forum people. Remember the big hoopla about adding the 'news' section?
    So why aren't they posting in there too? Look in that place and all you hear are crickets.
    :|

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-latest-news

latest news ???

yeah, the "latest news" was February 20 !

:/
    And why was that section closed off for discussion. It's like they wanted that section to fail from the beginning.... We are better off using social media sites for up to date info but I'm not going to budge though. I can't stand the folks on Twitter and Facebook.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    SimGuruGnome is hard at work on crafting patch notes. There are a lot of notes. He has developed writer's cramp.
    Writer's cramp from typing notes on a computer to send out over the web. That's a good one SimGuruBChick. LOL. :)

• Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Just wanted to say that the News section is for posting News. It's to provide an information service. It's not for discussion or to post updates. Patches are covered in the Patch Notes section. Plus, when we update the News, we edit the OP rather than create a new post. So, not to nitpick about dates, but the last update was March 13.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Just wanted to say that the News section is for posting News. It's to provide an information service. It's not for discussion or to post updates. Patches are covered in the Patch Notes section. Plus, when we update the News, we edit the OP rather than create a new post. So, not to nitpick about dates, but the last update was March 13.

But if you only edit the OP then people will never know if there's news or not. I doubt anyone checks the news section everyday.

tenor.gif
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member

@SimGuruBChick Which doesn't show because the date of the OP doesn't change. I don't know if this forum allows it but if you could change the date on the OPs it would go a long way to helping us know when something has been updated. If not, then perhaps it would be better to create a new post with the update since that date will show.

Just a suggestion to help things go more smoothly. :)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    @SimGuruBChick, I'm a little confused on the latest news thing. Clicking on the one titled Feb 20 only links to the Feb 20 news. I'm not sure I understand how to use it to see the latest? Am I just being dense?
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SimGuruGnome is hard at work on crafting patch notes. Th
    ere are a lot of notes. He has developed writer's cramp.

Wow this must be a very big patch. I bet were getting a lot of bug fixes.

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

i hope it includes the problems nvidia players are having with high CPU usage spike :)
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

i hope it includes the problems nvidia players are having with high CPU usage spike :)
    That would certainly be nice if they could do that. :)

• Options

I haven't heard about this one do you mean people who play it on mac? Most players have Nvidia Cards.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

I haven't heard about this one do you mean people who play it on mac? Most players have Nvidia Cards.

Since the last game update some have been reporting a spike in CPU usage making fans go to high speed at start of the game so far it seems the most effected are laptops with nvidia
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

I looked at the latest post in News was this:

WooHoo Weekend Challenge Results
    SimGuruBChick
    February 20

Did I miss something?

Also, maybe I'm confused as to the statement: " It's not for discussion or to post updates"

The title of the forum reads:

The Sims 4 Latest News

Here's our New News section... where we will post new News

One would expect the "new news" that the Twitter people are getting.

Perhaps I am not understanding correctly.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options

Since the last game update some have been reporting a spike in CPU usage making fans go to high speed at start of the game so far it seems the most effected are laptops with nvidia

Oh ok. I have a desktop.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    So... bat gnomes 2 days in advance over nothing? Ugh
    I'm not really surprised that they'd view basements as 'really big' though. These are the same folks that gave us a genealogy tree with partial functionality and acted like they'd just handed us the keys to Buckingham Palace.

To me it's a big deal No more awkward additions to my houses.
    I don't mean to discount its usefulness. I know it seems that way from what I posted... Its just that, it feels like something that should have launched with base game to me and to be honest, I'm starting to feel like they don't listen to us much. I still love the game and have hope that they'll start listening more.

Basements were probably something that couldn't be developed till they proved they could build below the ground level with the pools addition. And again, that might have been a matter of not being given enough time by the executive suits. We didn't have a basement tool in Sims 3 base game, just a lot of mucking about with terrain tools that made the process way too complicated. We didn't get the basement tool until WA.

Plus, many of the other additions sound pretty big as well. Content management, if it works as well as I hope, could eliminate the random hot dogs and Star Wars characters running around town. Adding the ability to paint portraits in the patch rather than limiting it to GTW owners is also pretty big. I'd still like to see some more Gallery improvements such as requiring people to specify number of bed/bath when they upload a house so that we can search by bed/bath along with lot size (when I'm getting a new house for my family, I like to have the master suite, room for the kids, and an extra room I can turn into a study).

They might keep the Batgnomes up through GTW release next week, that also being a pretty big event.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    If we get rollercoasters back basements will come in handy. In TS3 a lot of builders took the track down thru the basement inside a house eg haunted house rollercoaster ride.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The woohoo hairs will be coming too. I admit I do kind of want a bed head hair.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    -.- I got rid of my cellphone 3 years ago. I have facebook but avoid if I can (exception when one of my children send me a message). I do have a Twitter account, I used it once and never went back, I don't even remember id or password. I'm just not into these social sites.

To me it is sad because some of us simmers don't want to deal with these social sites we are left out or have to depend on other players for actual news or information about a game we paid for from a company that is EA, not those social sites.

I don't mean to be rude, I'm just saying we 'are' customers too, on a site you made for Sims. We should not have to depend on other players to get us information about a game your company sells nor should we have to go to social sites.

Anyways, I am interested in what this patch has to offer. Basements are okay, rather have a pond in my Sims yard. Another level topside, sorry I rarely go beyond 2 stories..

Does anyone know what the hair looks like? Will there be bug/glitch fixes?

The portrait painting sounds nice.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »

@SimGuruBChick Which doesn't show because the date of the OP doesn't change. I don't know if this forum allows it but if you could change the date on the OPs it would go a long way to helping us know when something has been updated. If not, then perhaps it would be better to create a new post with the update since that date will show.

The updated date would be obvious if the subject line showed the last date updated. We used to do this in the old Sims 3 forums before Sims 4 was released.
  • Options
    gagealuteagagealutea Posts: 126 Member
    edited March 2015

That's true. :)

@SimGuruBChick You could also update the headline of the edited thread and put in the date.

Edit: Sorry, too late.
    5.gif
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Did BChick just said there wont be a patch tomorrow, or what?
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »

I looked at the latest post in News was this:

WooHoo Weekend Challenge Results
    SimGuruBChick
    February 20

Did I miss something?

Also, maybe I'm confused as to the statement: " It's not for discussion or to post updates"

The title of the forum reads:

The Sims 4 Latest News

Here's our New News section... where we will post new News

One would expect the "new news" that the Twitter people are getting.

Perhaps I am not understanding correctly.

I think SimGuruBChick was referring to this latest news post, which was updated on March the 13th. :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/813461/update-the-sims-4-get-to-work-expansion-pack-release-date#latest
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    Karritz wrote: »

The updated date would be obvious if the subject line showed the last date updated. We used to do this in the old Sims 3 forums before Sims 4 was released.

True, however, not so obvious if the subject line happens to a somewhat long title.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.