Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just ewww...

I have a small Sim family that I have been playing a little bit. It's 2 parents and their little girl. Well as the little girl and her dad were sitting on the couch together, watching tv I noticed that the dad had the option of cuddling with his daughter. It just creeped me out a bit, as this interaction is usually for romantically involved Sims. Is this something that you guys have experienced? Is it a bug, or am I being overly sensitive?
thnom_nom.gif

Comments

• Options
    ninipninip Posts: 37 Member
    How dare a father want to cuddle his daughter on the sofa!
    Really, you're over-sensitive.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I have a small Sim family that I have been playing a little bit. It's 2 parents and their little girl. Well as the little girl and her dad were sitting on the couch together, watching tv I noticed that the dad had the option of cuddling with his daughter. It just creeped me out a bit, as this interaction is usually for romantically involved Sims. Is this something that you guys have experienced? Is it a bug, or am I being overly sensitive?

It's not creepy, it's just cudling with their kids it's showing affection like normal parents do it's not like they are kissing and stuff, now THAT would be ew.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Don't panic, family members have been able to cuddle since Sims 2 at least and it's a cute interaction. I lost a whole set of screencaps from one session, but one of my favourite family photos was of a Teen older brother cuddling his younger brother while watching a horror film on the tube. :relaxed:

I reckon with all the incest going on in the game it is easy to mistake innocent actions for something a bit darker; hopefully the devs will fix the incest bug by the time GTW comes out. If they don't then we should all kick up a stink about it again since they said they were working on it.
  • Options
    ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
    Maybe I am being overly sensitive. I hardly think my mind is in the gutter though. It's just that I've never noticed platonic cuddling in the Sims before. I grew up without a father, and my family was never touchy-feely or huggers at all. I guess I was looking at it from the wrong point of view.
    thnom_nom.gif

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Maybe I am being overly sensitive. I hardly think my mind is in the gutter though. It's just that I've never noticed platonic cuddling in the Sims before. I grew up without a father, and my family was never touchy-feely or huggers at all. I guess I was looking at it from the wrong point of view.

Awwwwwww want a hug? :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I was really happy to see that there were cuddling and kiss cheek interactions with parent and child. The console games I played before were missing affection options between family members. I used to cuddle with my parents all the time as a kid. It's sweet!
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    Don't panic, family members have been able to cuddle since Sims 2 at least and it's a cute interaction. I lost a whole set of screencaps from one session, but one of my favourite family photos was of a Teen older brother cuddling his younger brother while watching a horror film on the tube. :relaxed:

I reckon with all the incest going on in the game it is easy to mistake innocent actions for something a bit darker; hopefully the devs will fix the incest bug by the time GTW comes out. If they don't then we should all kick up a stink about it again since they said they were working on it.

Yeah, all the suggestive conversations put an icky spin on the familial affection. I really hope to see a fix for that soon. :s

Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Awwwwwww want a hug? :)

I wasn't trying to sound pitiful, I swear...lol. I guess it sort of came out that way though. I'll let 'em cuddle I guess.

thnom_nom.gif

• Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    As long as they don't kiss or flirt or woohoo or anything, you're fine :p
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    br560 wrote: »
    As long as they don't kiss or flirt or woohoo or anything, you're fine :p

Or have suggestive conversations. -_-
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I cuddle with my toddler all the time (well, when he lets me; he's very active and doesn't like sitting still for long). I don't think I've encountered / used the cuddle interaction between parents and their kids yet (though now I'm curious to hop in game and set it up to see how it looks), but I would imagine that it's animated a LOT differently than, say, the parents sitting together and cuddling in a romantic/flirty sense.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    If dad wasn't in a flirty mood, you're probably okay.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Was I just the weird kid who was creeped out by my parents touching me at all? Let alone cuddling. Platonic cuddling wasn’t a thing with anyone else I knew either.

But it was in TS2 and a lot of people wanted the feature back.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I was really happy to see that there were cuddling and kiss cheek interactions with parent and child. The console games I played before were missing affection options between family members. I used to cuddle with my parents all the time as a kid. It's sweet!

I really like the "Express Love" interaction -- I think my Sim actually pinched her daughter on the cheek after the hug which I thought was really cute. :) I do like a lot of the family interactions in the game (can't wait to have toddlers included!) as well as the wide variety of romantic interactions.

I think the romantic interaction is called Snuggle -- to distinguish it from Cuddle.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ThatDoggoneGirl7ThatDoggoneGirl7 Posts: 1,314 Member
    @ShimmyShimmyYa Are you easily triggered with that kind of thing?
    tumblr_nb96gvx67j1rn427xo2_500.gif
    ♬ "Smile, what's the use of crying. You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you just smile.." ♬
    Michael Jackson
  • Options
    Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    Believe it or not some fathers or mothers like to give their children affection. Idk if I would like it if my parents never gave me hugs or kisses when I was kid.
    large.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I suppose I was triggered by this, and can be sensitive to things of that nature.

A few people are acting like they can't even comprehend where I'm coming from. The game is already known to have incest glitches. It's not like I'm just pulling crazy ideas from my bum.

Thanks to those that are trying to understand what I was saying, even if you disagree with the way I saw the interaction (most of you are falling into that category).

To the one's that are acting like I'm a straight up nut job: you must have your rose tinted glasses on a little too tight. I even stated in my original post that I may be overly sensitive to the interaction. Everyone has different experiences growing up. Some people aren't huggers, and that's okay.
    thnom_nom.gif

• Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Adult cuddle is the romantic later on woohooness. Child and parent cuddling is the I'm scared please rock me to sleep, maybe they mad fatherly animation for that and if not then tell the gurus because I'm not sure that was part of their vision.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Some people aren't huggers, and that's okay.

bart_by_jh622-d1iar20.png

here's a hug :)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I knew the interaction was in Sims 2 and I really liked it. (Except for when I didn't realize it would be romantic when used between adults. I had Brandi Broke cuddle with her new daughter-in-law on the couch once, and suddenly they were romantic interests. Oops. But I learned my lesson.) I really missed the interaction in Sims 3. So I'll have to try it now that it's back in Sims 4. I didn't know it was back. :)

And you know what I think we need? A group hug!

IO32XCI.gif

tumblr_m6emkoLnnn1rys4czo3_250.gif

group-hug.gif?w=500&h=242
    giphy.gif

• Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Omg all these freaking hugs are just getting me all cried out

[img]http://mtv.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/vma-crying-5.gif[/img]

I'm definitely feeling the simmer love in this topic
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I suppose I was triggered by this, and can be sensitive to things of that nature.

A few people are acting like they can't even comprehend where I'm coming from. The game is already known to have incest glitches. It's not like I'm just pulling crazy ideas from my bum.

Thanks to those that are trying to understand what I was saying, even if you disagree with the way I saw the interaction (most of you are falling into that category).

To the one's that are acting like I'm a straight up nut job: you must have your rose tinted glasses on a little too tight. I even stated in my original post that I may be overly sensitive to the interaction. Everyone has different experiences growing up. Some people aren't huggers, and that's okay.

I sort of get where you're coming from -- but if you actually watch the interaction it's very sweet. In Sims 2 there were Sims who'd autonomously go up to their kids' bedrooms and tuck the children in with a kiss if the Sim came home from work after the kids were in bed (like the ones who worked in the culinary career); that's one thing I really miss and I hope makes a comeback. Maybe since I haven't been hit with the "incest glitch" other than a family I downloaded from the Gallery (and I think they were created that way by the uploader) I'm not as worried about the issue.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)