Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will this computer run TS4 and TS3 on max settings?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    another nice monster :)
  • Options
    RaindropsRaindrops Posts: 389 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    another nice monster :)

And cheaper lol xD
    tumblr_oc39b9Vin11se7bv3o2_r1_500.gif
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Will this computer run TS4 and TS3 on max settings smoothly? (I can try to get more info if anyone needs it)

Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ Titan Z with 12GB GDDR5 – Dual GPU Card
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
    Memory: 8GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz
    Hard Drive: 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage

Thanks in advance! :)
    i will say all kidding aside :) we have not been told officially if 4 can handle dual cards. i do know another that has a dual card set up 690 but hes also very proficient with computers, so in case you arent know these bigger cards need more software attention and then added in higher res monitors even more. like my hunch you will need to adjust anti alaising with this card to get it to work with sims.

so just wanted to throw out you probably will need to do more work setting things to run smoothly. its doable but be prepared to get geeky about settings. also noticed the only thing not supersized is your ssd storage amount. you may already be planning on just using it as a boot drive if not know 128 goes fast and a good general rule is keep 20% for good maintenance
    I think I will go with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 with 4GB GDDR5 Instead of the Titan Z. What do you think @ceejay402?
    Aww your not getting the titan? Lmao.. seriously the 980 is a very nice card. I want it for myself but it's out of my price range lol.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Will this computer run TS4 and TS3 on max settings smoothly? (I can try to get more info if anyone needs it)

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)

i will say all kidding aside :) we have not been told officially if 4 can handle dual cards. i do know another that has a dual card set up 690 but hes also very proficient with computers, so in case you arent know these bigger cards need more software attention and then added in higher res monitors even more. like my hunch you will need to adjust anti alaising with this card to get it to work with sims.

so just wanted to throw out you probably will need to do more work setting things to run smoothly. its doable but be prepared to get geeky about settings. also noticed the only thing not supersized is your ssd storage amount. you may already be planning on just using it as a boot drive if not know 128 goes fast and a good general rule is keep 20% for good maintenance
    I think I will go with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 with 4GB GDDR5 Instead of the Titan Z. What do you think @ceejay402?

This is a good choice and I agree with Ceejay get a bigger SSD. I have one and it goes quick. I have 280gb SSD. I removed the sims 4 at the moment but when I had it on my computer, I had the sims 2, 3 game is loaded with eps store etc, the sims 4 and the game pack along with windows and i had 140 gb left this was after I cleaned out my sims 3 game. it was at 100 gb left. I assume you will be adding more games than I have in my computer. I only have the sims games.
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member

This is a good choice and I agree with Ceejay get a bigger SSD. I have one and it goes quick. I have 280gb SSD. I removed the sims 4 at the moment but when I had it on my computer, I had the sims 2, 3 game is loaded with eps store etc, the sims 4 and the game pack along with windows and i had 140 gb left this was after I cleaned out my sims 3 game. it was at 100 gb left. I assume you will be adding more games than I have in my computer. I only have the sims games.
    However you don't have to have all games installed on the ssd.. that's what a second hdd is for.. all my games except ts4 are on my secondary drive.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options

However you don't have to have all games installed on the ssd.. that's what a second hdd is for.. all my games except ts4 are on my secondary drive.

This is true but I guess it all depends what games op is playing and if playing on SSD will make a difference in game play. I will say playing the sims 3 on SSD makes a big difference. However TS4 not so much.
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member

No.

Just kidding! :p
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    some good advices if you want to proper run ts3 no matter of pc spec:
    - instal nrass mods and awesome mode aswell
    - go to mod the sims page on that link
    http://modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=0&u=1515002&f=519
    down all the world fixes and replace your worlds
    then to keep the saves clean use this
    http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com.br/2012/11/save-cleaner-by-kuree.html
    or if you afraid of third part program look for a tutorial teaching how to proper use s3pe program to edit saves and remove uneeded things.
    following that steps you can have a good sims 3 gameplay
    i have all the stuff packs, almost everything from the store, all the expansions(my game is around 40giga) and my machine is a intel i5 4460 3.20 ghz
    16 giga memory
    hd 1 tera
    video card a geforce 9800 gt( a little old but still top to play both games at max settings)

then my sims 3 in a fresh game take around 1 to 3 minutes at max(counting the lanch + load save) to start
    my sims 4 in fresh game take around 5 to 15 sec to start

remember the sims is a game which as the time pass the more old your save goes more "time your loads will take", in the sims 3 i still dont have a proper "long time save" to see how much time this increased but in the sims 4 i had really long save games(i started in the sims 4 then get bored and angry(another story) then switched to the sims 3 who fills better my game play, the in sims 4 after have a "long save" the game start to take between 15 seconds to 3 minutes or in some critical moments 10 minutes to load, then whenever your feel your saves are too old and taking too much time is much more interesting start a new fresh game, if you dont want to lose part of the current family progress you can save the family in the library to use in the new fresh game.

another note for what i read the sims saves also are easy to get corrupted then aways have a backup save whenever you feel you need it, in case of a save get broken.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @Ellessarr

My 400-500 mb sims 3 game loads in under 5 minutes with no mods and an SSD card. I dont get corrupt saves either
  • Options
    @Ellessarr

My 400-500 mb sims 3 game loads in under 5 minutes with no mods and an SSD card. I dont get corrupt saves either
    really interesting about that ssd card thing you can explain me please how this work exactly and what is this???, ssd card is more fast to read than hds??? if i buy it and use this can improve my games?? how?? lol if not ask to much.

going back to what you told i know which sims games are some sort of "luck games" where some peoples can't simple play a specific game(like sims 3 or 4) but awesome play another even if him have a top machine, and in cases like you, you dont need any mod or whatever, well i not tried to play without mods since i prefer to play the "safe zone" than take risk in later have problems that is why i prefer install all the mods first, at last this was what i learned with the sims 4(i strong needed mods to play the sims 4, before start to play sims 3), then well good for you i just dont want to take this risk at this point i really have fun, no bug, some lag and freeze some times but not something to make me really anger as the load screens in the sims 4 and others critical annoyances.

• Options
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    @Ellessarr

really interesting about that ssd card thing you can explain me please how this work exactly and what is this???, ssd card is more fast to read than hds??? if i buy it and use this can improve my games?? how?? lol if not ask to much.

going back to what you told i know which sims games are some sort of "luck games" where some peoples can't simple play a specific game(like sims 3 or 4) but awesome play another even if him have a top machine, and in cases like you, you dont need any mod or whatever, well i not tried to play without mods since i prefer to play the "safe zone" than take risk in later have problems that is why i prefer install all the mods first, at last this was what i learned with the sims 4(i strong needed mods to play the sims 4, before start to play sims 3), then well good for you i just dont want to take this risk at this point i really have fun, no bug, some lag and freeze some times but not something to make me really anger as the load screens in the sims 4 and others critical annoyances.

You have all eps and all sps and your game folder is only 40gb? I have all eps and 3sps and all mygames added up are around 80gb.
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @Ellessarr

yes on the SSD boots faster, launches apps faster etc. If I post external links I sometimes need "approval" from he forum so you can find out more if you google SSD vs HDD.

I have not noticed much difference in the sims 4 with SSD but it makes a big difference on the sims 3. Maybe the way the game is designed but I love playing the sims 3 on my SSD. For the sims 3 I have every ep installed accept pets, Several store worlds, venues, store items and some 3rd party CC but 50 pieces or less. Ill say less than most with 3rd party CC. Im on a laptop i7hq quad 2.4-3.4 Ghz boost, Nvida 770m 3gb DDr5 and 16gb ram.

I should add I do get bugs in the sims 3 like everyone else. I have thought about adding mods to help with that but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Generations is probably one of the most buggy eps for me.
  • Options
    cale2003 wrote: »
    @Ellessarr

You have all eps and all sps and your game folder is only 40gb? I have all eps and 3sps and all mygames added up are around 80gb.
    well let's see
    ok i cheked again and my total space used in the sims 3 is 57,63 giga with 22,9 giga being for the store content and 34,7 for game base all exp and all sp

• Options
    edited March 2015
    @Ellessarr

mine is only 17.7 GB . This is my sims 3 folder on my ssd I have all eps accept pets, 3 SPs, several store worlds, venues and store content. My 3rd party cc is mostly hair which adds a lot since cc hair can have bigger files.

your 80 gb is for the sims 3 only?
  • Options
    @Ellessarr

mine is only 17.7 GB . This is my sims 3 folder on my ssd I have all eps accept pets, several store worlds, venues and store content. My 3rd party cc is mostly hair which adds a lot since cc hair can have bigger files.

Some of my TS3 files are in Origin Games and some are in Electronic Arts I few months ago I added them and it was around 70-75GB ill check again.
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • Options
    @Ellessarr

mine is only 17.7 GB . This is my sims 3 folder on my ssd I have all eps accept pets, several store worlds, venues and store content. My 3rd party cc is mostly hair which adds a lot since cc hair can have bigger files.

Some of my TS3 files are in Origin Games and some are in Electronic Arts I few months ago I added them and it was around 70-75GB ill check again.

That is for my EA folder 17.7 gb. I only have the sims 3 in it. Sims 2 is in a different file and is not filed under the EA folder
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Thank you for the links @Ellessarr! :)
    He/Him
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    nop ^^.
    since the sis 4 still somehow a "fresh game" then is a few hard to give too much info than what you could already read on the forum, but since the sims 3 is a finished game is more easy to have all the "needed things".

another usefull link you can find here to help increase your game perfomance:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/764392/fix-for-memory-crashes-on-sims-3
    if you have problem or no, another useful trick but this could be a little more rough on your pc is too make the game aways try to send the most sims you need to where you are:
    open your explorer go to where you the sims 3 base game is instaled and open the game paste, then the bin paste then look for graphicsrules.srg open with notped or any other text editor then look to where have something like:
    seti cpuLevelUber 4
    // // high 3
    this part is where the rule which say to your game how many sims try to send to where your sim go, the lowest number then the less peoples, while 4 the game can try to send 20+ sims with 1 he will send something like 0 to 4, then if you want the game aways try to send the max set all the 4 options to 4, but however this can increase your chance to have some lag if many sims get stucked, then you must try to set to number which can match better your settings

another advice about population, many peoples complain over the world being "empty" but this only happen if you dont proper populace your world, like if you have a world which can hold 50 sims but have only 10 sims then the world will be empty because the game also try to send the npcs to others places aswell based on they traits, then aways make sure to not have a too much big world or a world with to few sims, if you world lack of sims then create more, more enough to make your world more "alive" like if you have a world which can hold 50 sims then have at last 30 to 40 sim.

another advise about population, the amount of sims you can find in places is also based on they traits, like sims with atlethic traits will be more like to be found at gyms, like sims 4, if you want find sims in nightclubs then you must give traits like owl or the trait which make sims love partys(i dont know the english name), if you want find more sims at librarys or museum then you must have sims with paint or art lover traits and things like that, aways try to planning your world population based on where you most like to want find other sims.

try to play not too large worlds, this can reduce the lag and the "loneless" you can have, or try to avoid have too much of the same public community like "gyms" or any other type of place, one of each is perfect.

in both game you are free to edit your town changing lots but only in the sims 3 you can add more lots or remove lots.

avoid stack too much "useless things" in your inventory, or even in your house or lot inventory this is for both games, only make enough food for what you gonna use or only have books which actually you gonna need, stacking too much useless stuffs can cause lag(more in sims 3) or slow down your load screens(in both)this dont means which you can't make your dream house or anything like that, just avoid have things which really gonna matter for gameplay than just "convenience"

since the sims 3 have much more detailed graphics and some bad graphics codes then you can experience some gray things appearing sometimes but is just the game can't really proper render all the graphics then is normally see some gray things for few seconds(like 3 to 5s) specially if you start to use to much cast(whioch probably you gonna ending using).

look at both games as really totally different games, comparing both games can be really frutrating specially since the sim 4 come with a big lack of content in comparation with the sims 3, even the game play is completly different, the sims 3 is more about "exploration" and walking around while the sims 4 is more like "play doll house" since the amount of load screens can ending make you want to stay more time at home without counting others problem aswell.

well i hope i helped and even really being completly disappointed i tried to be the most "neutral i could" and be fair for both games but really for now for the sims 4 i dont have too much advices than just go to the modthesims site:
    http://modthesims.info/ and download what mods maybe you gonna need in case of bugs or whatevet gameplay you want to change.
    Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • Options
    Kyra2007PKyra2007P Posts: 8 New Member
    This Lenovo refurbished laptop is a great productivity tool. It features memory and storage for your documents and runs on Windows 7 Professional. Connect to the Internet and plug in your peripherals with the built-in interfaces.

Lenovo Refurbished 15.4" T500 Laptop PC:

Key Features and Benefits:

Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    2.40 GHz

4GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 8GB)
    Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work

320GB hard drive
    Store 213,000 photos, 91,000 songs or 168 hours of HD video and more

DVD-RW drive
    Watch movies and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats

10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/g Wireless LAN
    Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a WiFi signal or hotspot with the 802.11a/g connection built into your PC

15.4" anti-glare LED-backlit display
    Intel HD Graphics
    Will this laptop have any problems with the sims 4?
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    nop ^^.
    since the sis 4 still somehow a "fresh game" then is a few hard to give too much info than what you could already read on the forum, but since the sims 3 is a finished game is more easy to have all the "needed things".

another usefull link you can find here to help increase your game perfomance:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/764392/fix-for-memory-crashes-on-sims-3
    if you have problem or no, another useful trick but this could be a little more rough on your pc is too make the game aways try to send the most sims you need to where you are:
    open your explorer go to where you the sims 3 base game is instaled and open the game paste, then the bin paste then look for graphicsrules.srg open with notped or any other text editor then look to where have something like:
    seti cpuLevelUber 4
    // // high 3
    this part is where the rule which say to your game how many sims try to send to where your sim go, the lowest number then the less peoples, while 4 the game can try to send 20+ sims with 1 he will send something like 0 to 4, then if you want the game aways try to send the max set all the 4 options to 4, but however this can increase your chance to have some lag if many sims get stucked, then you must try to set to number which can match better your settings

another advice about population, many peoples complain over the world being "empty" but this only happen if you dont proper populace your world, like if you have a world which can hold 50 sims but have only 10 sims then the world will be empty because the game also try to send the npcs to others places aswell based on they traits, then aways make sure to not have a too much big world or a world with to few sims, if you world lack of sims then create more, more enough to make your world more "alive" like if you have a world which can hold 50 sims then have at last 30 to 40 sim.

another advise about population, the amount of sims you can find in places is also based on they traits, like sims with atlethic traits will be more like to be found at gyms, like sims 4, if you want find sims in nightclubs then you must give traits like owl or the trait which make sims love partys(i dont know the english name), if you want find more sims at librarys or museum then you must have sims with paint or art lover traits and things like that, aways try to planning your world population based on where you most like to want find other sims.

try to play not too large worlds, this can reduce the lag and the "loneless" you can have, or try to avoid have too much of the same public community like "gyms" or any other type of place, one of each is perfect.

in both game you are free to edit your town changing lots but only in the sims 3 you can add more lots or remove lots.

avoid stack too much "useless things" in your inventory, or even in your house or lot inventory this is for both games, only make enough food for what you gonna use or only have books which actually you gonna need, stacking too much useless stuffs can cause lag(more in sims 3) or slow down your load screens(in both)this dont means which you can't make your dream house or anything like that, just avoid have things which really gonna matter for gameplay than just "convenience"

since the sims 3 have much more detailed graphics and some bad graphics codes then you can experience some gray things appearing sometimes but is just the game can't really proper render all the graphics then is normally see some gray things for few seconds(like 3 to 5s) specially if you start to use to much cast(whioch probably you gonna ending using).

look at both games as really totally different games, comparing both games can be really frutrating specially since the sim 4 come with a big lack of content in comparation with the sims 3, even the game play is completly different, the sims 3 is more about "exploration" and walking around while the sims 4 is more like "play doll house" since the amount of load screens can ending make you want to stay more time at home without counting others problem aswell.

well i hope i helped and even really being completly disappointed i tried to be the most "neutral i could" and be fair for both games but really for now for the sims 4 i dont have too much advices than just go to the modthesims site:
    http://modthesims.info/ and download what mods maybe you gonna need in case of bugs or whatevet gameplay you want to change.

Thanks for all the info!
    He/Him
  • Options
    @Kyra2007P

This will not run the sims 4 and all eps. if you need help please start your own thread so someone can help you there thanks