Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alien trailer is HERE!

Comments

• Options
    BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    She also confirms that male aliens can impregnate both female AND MALE Sims via try for baby! I LOVE THIS!!! :smiley: )
  • Options
    ZulaZuluZulaZulu Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Bafendo said:
    > She also confirms that male aliens can impregnate both female AND MALE Sims via try for baby! I LOVE THIS!!! )

Awesome!!! :D
  • Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    I'm kinda disappointed in the alien trailer, I was hoping for something like the other 4 trailers where it explained what aliens can do and showed some footage of aliens. This was just weird and not useful in explaining aliens and what they do. The blog, however, was pretty helpful and interesting.
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    Kira101x wrote: »
    I'm kinda disappointed in the alien trailer, I was hoping for something like the other 4 trailers where it explained what aliens can do and showed some footage of aliens. This was just weird and not useful in explaining aliens and what they do. The blog, however, was pretty helpful and interesting.

i think they did this cus they already showed some alien gameplay in that gameplay demo thing so there wasnt any point.
  • Options

I'm still hoping for a real producer walkthrough and not one like what Gamespot uploaded.
  • Options
    Bafendo wrote: »

I'm still hoping for a real producer walkthrough and not one like what Gamespot uploaded.

Like a live broadcast? Cuz that's what I'm wating for, so they can show all aspects of the game and not just science and retail.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I liked the gameplay video that Gamespot posted. It sold me on getting the EP; was not very into it before I saw their alien stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk84qF719y4
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    I love how into the aliens they got, I think they've done them better than every other time. IMO, TS3 aliens felt a little ehhh.
  • Options
    howsimlish wrote: »
    I love how into the aliens they got, I think they've done them better than every other time. IMO, TS3 aliens felt a little ehhh.

I agree. I also love how this time the alien child is a hybrid and not a pure alien like in Seasons.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I just saw it its cool
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    :o Never was big on the whole alien thing EVER but come on, how can I not like these adorable ones I looovvveee <3 the look for aliens this time around and being able to visit the alien world seeing how they do it up alien style... i love it the new skin tones... the new alien interactions and the alien males getting "preggo" in sort of a "normal way"(try for baby) <3 and not zipped up in a spaceship like the humans..

oh my!! The story lines in this EP will be epic also the cute alien voice of her looking at him saying SUL SUL (my version of) ~~>Got'cha!
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    All I know is that I do not want both of my sims husband and wife to get pregnant. I would prefer only one. I don't want three alien kids or even two aliens kids, I hope this is a exception and everyone in the world running around are not aliens. I hope that we can someway turn this off.
    I like aliens but I do not want to be forced with three Alien children.
    Another thing, are these real Aliens or made Aliens or is there a difference. Like if you make a Alien would he become a real Alien and adduct sims or be different.
    Will Aliens be all over town and we just don't know it. Some how EA has a way of over doing things a little.
    We all seemed to have wanted Aliens, but the old saying is remember what you prayed for, may not be how you really wanted it.
  • Options

I agree. I also love how this time the alien child is a hybrid and not a pure alien like in Seasons.

Can you explain this, I hope that my sim world does not turn into all Aliens and my generation ends up for all my generations Aliens. I am not sure I just want to play with everyone a Alien.

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

Can you explain this, I hope that my sim world does not turn into all Aliens and my generation ends up for all my generations Aliens. I am not sure I just want to play with everyone a Alien.

Evalen, if you avoid woo-hoo with aliens, you should be fine. Not sure if particular activities will cause alien abduction (like looking through the expensive telescope in TS2), but if there are, surely you can avoid them.
  • Options
    MsPhy wrote: »

Evalen, if you avoid woo-hoo with aliens, you should be fine. Not sure if particular activities will cause alien abduction (like looking through the expensive telescope in TS2), but if there are, surely you can avoid them.

Thanks for your reply, the thing I was thinking about is if they are in your world, and you want you sims to get a husband or wife, how would you know if they are Aliens or not, I sure hope there is a way, As I don't think I want my sims all this time to marry an Alien.

• Options
    MsPhy wrote: »

Thanks for your reply, the thing I was thinking about is if they are in your world, and you want you sims to get a husband or wife, how would you know if they are Aliens or not, I sure hope there is a way, As I don't think I want my sims all this time to marry an Alien.

There are various career ways to discover that a sim is an alien in disguise (such as fingerprinting with detective career and xrays with the doctor career), I also believe there are social interactions that can be used to figure out if a sim is an alien but I'm not 100% sure on that one. I would assume so because there has to be some way to find out.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    ZulaZulu wrote: »
    > @OneAdorkableGirl said:
    > " After work, she told Spencer the good news: she was pregnant! He had a surprise for her as well: so was he!; A few days later they both had visible belly bumps. A loving couple, pregnant with each other’s alien babies – how joyous."
    >
    > LOL - Was I the only one that giggled at that? I love that Females can impregnate them, but honestly, what I really want is for females to be able to get pregnant from aliens. You'd think, because a female CAN actually have kids...this would be possible, but nope.

-But it says that they BOTH got pregnant, so females CAN get pregnant too :)

Because she's an Alien Sim. I'm talking about my Human females. I want them to be able to get abducted (I know they can get abducted), AND have a chance of getting pregnant, like the guys do.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member

LOL Oh yes, heaven forbid a sim should marry an alien. It will pollute the bloodline and all that. Good grief.

Anyway, the devs have stated a few times that sims are able to "see through" the alien disguises on occasion. I'm sure once more information involving how that is done comes out, you will be able to avoid marrying an alien on accident. No need to light the torches and raise the pitchforks yet.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    > " After work, she told Spencer the good news: she was pregnant! He had a surprise for her as well: so was he!; A few days later they both had visible belly bumps. A loving couple, pregnant with each other’s alien babies – how joyous."
    >
    > LOL - Was I the only one that giggled at that? I love that Females can impregnate them, but honestly, what I really want is for females to be able to get pregnant from aliens. You'd think, because a female CAN actually have kids...this would be possible, but nope.

Because she's an Alien Sim. I'm talking about my Human females. I want them to be able to get abducted (I know they can get abducted), AND have a chance of getting pregnant, like the guys do.

They can :)
    Reference:
  • Options
    edited March 2015

LOL Oh yes, heaven forbid a sim should marry an alien. It will pollute the bloodline and all that. Good grief.

Anyway, the devs have stated a few times that sims are able to "see through" the alien disguises on occasion. I'm sure once more information involving how that is done comes out, you will be able to avoid marrying an alien on accident. No need to light the torches and raise the pitchforks yet.

When I did my A-Z generation in Sims 3 getting to 26 Generations, I had somewhere along the line a Alien birth, he in turn married a Alien, along the line and Alien married a reg sim and then they had a half Alien and Reg sims, and went back to the reg sim bloodline.
    I do not care if they have a Alien sim, just want to be sure that not all sims in the world are aliens and end up with just playing Aliens. I am not sure I just want all Alien sims to play with. So I am curious to find out if we can tell if they marry a Alien or not. I even had my sims marry the Imaginary Friend and it went back and forth for awhile and gain returning to the bloodline.
    It will not effect my buying or playing with GTW, I love what I see.
    By the way the only thing that would bother me is two Alien sims wife and husband ending up both pregnant and having three alien kids. I don't want three kids at all. Alien or not.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    The Sims 3 aliens were frustrating lineage wise because they did not share genetic DNA with their "fathers".

In TS4 this is apparently not the case. That's what a previous poster meant by "hybrids". Supposedly the children will share the DNA from both their human and alien parents. IMO, that's great news, as we can continue our genetic legacies. (Anyone have screenshot confirmation on this, btw?)

There was a screenshot posted here on the forums that I can't seem to find now. It was linked by a simmer who was able to test the unofficial version of the game. The screenshot showed two alien children, and one of the alien children had more features from his human father then the other. It was demonstrating how the genes mingled in TS4, unlike in TS3. (They were born from a human father who was abducted). I will post it if I find it.

... duo alien pregnancies would be absolutely hilarious... in someone else's game. In my own, I might go insane. hahahaha

Edit: I did find something many alien wary simmers may be happy to know. Apparently "you can increase and prevent abduction (see one of the science inventions)"
    Courtesy of a review by this simmer here:
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/820445/nordic-event-what-i-learned-10-pics-links-aliens-collectibles-sixam-science-and-more/p1
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Love the trailer, the Alien's Sul Sul is so cute, I wonder if this is a new voice selection? Hope so!
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    >

They can :)
    Reference:

I guess I got confused because it seemed like they were just saying the alien females could be pregnant because of their alien spouses. Thank you for clearing that up. Apparently I need to use Twitter more often. x_x.. I've been waiting for this feature since Sims 2.. So glad they finally decided to make this happen! (:
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    She also confirms that male aliens can impregnate both female AND MALE Sims via try for baby! I LOVE THIS!!! :smiley: )

Did they mention F/F pregnancy? Because I make lesbian couples more than I make gay couples and I'd love for two female aliens (or even alien/human) to have genetic offspring.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    prefer the dancing doctor one but aliens are not really my thing
    My origin id is sim2011