Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 could benefit from dragons.

I'm not talking about the tiny hatchlings in Dragon Valley, but larger ones. Basically this is an idea for a magic or pets EP. You find this egg during some adventure and can hatch it. The dragon would start off small, about the size of those from DV, but over time would age up much like a normal Sim. By the time they're fully grown, they'd be about the size of a horse.

You could teach the dragon to not burn things down, or have it unleash havoc on your enemies. When it's fully grown, you could jump on its back and it could take you to a Dragon Valley-type secret neighborhood where you learn things like how to care for them better, buy food specifically for them, or find more eggs to hatch.

They would function a lot like pets in The Sims 3's expansion of the same name. You name them, and can control them how you see fit, or breed them to raise more dragons. They could have magical properties such as fire breathing, garden-type magic, etc. And you could collect the scales they shed to either keep, or sell for simoleons.

Comments

• Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I would love to have actual dragons in the game, and not the parrots we had in Dragon Valley- such a disappointment. I wouldn't mind if the dragons worked off elementals. A new career could be 'Dragonrider'. I always wanted to have a high wizard whose protector was an elder dragon that's defense was ice. Perhaps for shelter they gave us ploppable caves that were interactive- much like the hidden lots we have in the game now. You accessed the cave which took you deep in an underground cavern where your dragon lived in. There you could teach it skills and new tricks. As for dragon scales they could hold high value in concocting extremely powerful antidotes and elixirs that cured your Sims from sickness, perhaps gave your Sim eternal life? Dragon scales would be rare items though. If you did find one and wanted to sale it it would give you $100,000 simoleons.
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    ^ Great ideas! :D
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Thanks, adventfear. I also love the idea you had about the hatchling of eggs. I often think rare species of animals would been more entertaining if we didn't have the option to create it, but rather discover it. My husband and I love dragons. In fact, our comforter on our bed is a purple comforter that has a black dragon and a white dragon kissing forming a huge heart. I would love to have another hidden neighborhood that was much like an upgraded Magic Town and that was where we found dragon eggs. The challenge would be to travel when the guardian/mother has left the nest to steal one- you wouldn't know what type of dragon you got- it was just a random dragon that had a special ability. And perhaps they gave us an interactive object like a egg incubator, or we had the option to care for it ourselves? If we cared for the egg without the incubator the hatchling would be better prone to trusting you more- an immediate bond with your hatchling.
  • Options
    LuciferMongooseLuciferMongoose Posts: 123 Member
    My reaction- ALL OF MY YES! I would LOVE it if they put actual dragons in the game that function as full-on pets. I loved the dragon quest in Medieval (even if the dragon was, frustratingly, inside a rabbit hole) but I didn't buy DV because those baby dragons just seemed like cop-outs to the actual thing. I would have a blast riding, interacting with, and causing trouble with dragons!

I like the idea of elemental-based abilities for them, for example, your traditional fire-breathing dragons (like that kid in the TS2 trailer... actually, fire-breathing human sims would be awesome too, but that's a topic for another day), ice-breathing dragons (effects kind of like the freeze ray), nature/plant-based dragons (can help garden plants grow), electricity-using, maybe even ones with mind-control or something? Or even ones that can cause sickness or something similar (like the witch spell in TS3 Supernatural, and could even be incorporated with GTW if one has that pack as well)?

I think dragons would be an awesome addition, and I could definitely see something like that drawing people into the game. For example, I've got a friend that isn't really interested enough to buy/play the sims games, but loves dragons and would probably be a lot more interested if fully intractable dragons were added.