Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll: Will you purchase sims 4 get to work?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Whoa! A whopping 82% of people who replied to your poll are going to purchase this. I'm surprised it's that high.

Mind you, it does look really good and I would be really excited about it myself if I was going to get it. But I refuse to spend more money until they make substantial improvements on the base game.

I put my answer as 'no, but I could be swayed' as I would definitely buy it in no time at all if they suddenly added toddlers to the game and did a little improvement on the not-so-wonderful emotion system.
  • Options
    creationsofmoniccreationsofmonic Posts: 122 Member
    Have already preordered!!!! So Yes, Yes, and Yes again!!!!
  • Options
    makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    No I'm not going to buy it. Sadly I have no given up on the sims. Maybe future expansion packs will convince me but until that happens I'm not investing any more money. I hope everybody who does buy it has a blast though :)
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    On the fence....I'm worried that it'll be the same old mini games after a while, it sounds awesome but I'm not too sure.

retail alone makes it not the same old thing over and over.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    deme07deme07 Posts: 476 Member
    Yes, yes, and yes! There are endless opportunities with the retail store, I love the alien world, and the doctor career looks amazing! Can't wait :)
    Origin ID: deme11
    fk5gcj.jpg

• Options
    WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    NOPE! The base game is so frustrating to handle that I think expansions are only going to make it that much more cumbersome. Those...loading...screens. And the base game is already pretty glitchy and buggy and I think the more stuff they pile on is going to make is worse. The engine behind TS4 is a clunker and the base game bored me to tears. They didn't hook me up front so I'm not going to purchase any additional content. I haven't played the game in weeks and have no plans to return to it...sadly I don't miss TS4 at all.
  • Options
    Jacke1012Jacke1012 Posts: 118 Member
    > @WaterHornet said:
    > NOPE! The base game is so frustrating to handle that I think expansions are only going to make it that much more cumbersome. Those...loading...screens. And the base game is already pretty glitchy and buggy and I think the more stuff they pile on is going to make is worse. The engine behind TS4 is a clunker and the base game bored me to tears. They didn't hook me up front so I'm not going to purchase any additional content. I haven't played the game in weeks and have no plans to return to it...sadly I don't miss TS4 at all.

Sims 4 never glitches for me.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    Jacke1012 wrote: »
    > @WaterHornet said:
    > NOPE! The base game is so frustrating to handle that I think expansions are only going to make it that much more cumbersome. Those...loading...screens. And the base game is already pretty glitchy and buggy and I think the more stuff they pile on is going to make is worse. The engine behind TS4 is a clunker and the base game bored me to tears. They didn't hook me up front so I'm not going to purchase any additional content. I haven't played the game in weeks and have no plans to return to it...sadly I don't miss TS4 at all.

Sims 4 never glitches for me.

God I wish mine didn't! To clarify the game doesn't crash for me. No Sims game has ever been inherently unstable but I keep my computer current enough that it can handle the potentially drastic change sin game calculations and processing. Right now I have a 1Gb Radeon HD 7850 GPU...I could use another 1Gb but I'm not into FPSs so I should be fine for another few years. I have more than enough headroom to run TS4. The glitches I see are the obvious clipping as the game forces pathfinding issues to correct, the musical chairs while eating, objects getting stuck to the Sims hands, kids doing homework across the table so their wrists "break". So, the game doesn't crash but there sure is a lot of weird behavior in the logic and coding. And sadly a lot of it was a cheap and dirty way of attempting to fix franchise wide problems. The MAIN issue for me is the interaction is just needlessly frustrating. The UI is difficult to handle, travelling (and here you're going to have to travel to work...) is such a pain in the rear that I don't even bother with it, and the Sims themselves are flat and uninteresting; and remember the base game is how the entire series is going to be so loading screens and tiny worlds are all we're ever going to get in TS4. The base game is the foundation and it's not very fun for me. So...yeah I'm going to skip any and all EPs unless there's a wealth of reviews saying one of them is the magic bullet and makes this game irresistible. COULD Get to Work sway me? Sure, if the reviewers think it's worth the money but I'm not putting any water in that bucket.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    The fiancé and I decided to get it. This is because after March no more games until we land a down payment on our first house as husband and wife.. With so few games that interest me these days (which he pointed out rather cheekily) and I do like to build in Sims 4 when my creative mood swings high..

But (isn't there always a but with me? Lol!) that is going to be EA's selling point to me. If I find the game lacking, hand holding, and buggy..well there goes my ever opinionated self as their customer. Buying a good house isn't cheap.. so this Expansion has to keep me entertain for a long time..And if it doesn't.. well the break in buying games will most definitely cure my addiction for the Sims and that will in turn make me not buy anything from EA again.

So, I guess the ball is in EA/Maxis court for me... Can this expansion keep me busy and entertain me ? Or will it be just more of the same which is highly misbalanced and buggy.
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    The fiancé and I decided to get it... because after March no more games until we land a down payment on our first house...
    Personally I think stick the money in an envelope and say it's for a game. That way if a game comes out that does interest you, you can buy it guilt free. There are a tonne of games on steam, you could even get a few older ones on special. Of course if this expansion does turn out to be amazing you could still get it instead of something else. I've just been put off pre-ordering and don't have a lot of faith in EA. Sorry for the pessimism. I'm only suggesting this because it's what I'm planning to do (I need to save). I'm going to spend that money on a game, it might not be GTW though.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    I already voted but I have decided that I will pre-order the game next wednesday, march 25th, since it's my birthday so that will be a present to myself :)
  • Options
    sportgal18sportgal18 Posts: 113 Member
    Nope. It doesn't really give me anything I want most in the game, so why spend the money?
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    I voted to say I've pre-ordered the game :)

I had absolutely no plans to purchase it when it was first announced, as I was really really REALLY hoping the first EP would be Generations, so I was hugely disappointed.

However, since watching some more of the YouTube videos and seeing interviews and demos with the producers, I think it does look like it will add a lot to the base game. I'm especially excited for the OFB aspect, as I missed this from Sims 2 :smiley:

Fingers crossed the next one will be Generations though ;)
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I voted no, I have no plans to purchase.
    I feel really let down on this pack :(
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I pre-ordered. I always feel let down by the base game but they all have improved as time goes on. Besides it is easier to budget buying them as they come out when you are on a fixed income rather than all at once.
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Nope. Doesn't matter how much frosting you put on a cake. If the cake isn't baked right it still won't taste good!

kim :/
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    clcwinegeartclcwinegeart Posts: 41 Member
    Yep, already preordered on Origin :) Can't wait to play!
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I will buy GTW, but just not soon