Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

name 3 things that prevent you from...

SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
edited March 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I still have problems with liking this game and i never play. Today i will try again after a few updates and downloaded CC.
But i just wanna find out where this feeling is coming from. Ok i know it basicly. (ipad app feeling for ten year olds with limited options)
What is the biggest thing from TS4 that....

*... does not want you to start up your game in the first place? the first things ill see is the ugly 2D world map with no free lots
*... makes you exit your game after a short time? the lack of different gameplay stories, limited possibilities and meaningless traveling system
*... prevents you from trying it again? nothing changed. EA's improvements arent that big and they still didnt fill the important holes we asked for

What are yours?

Comments

• Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited March 2015
    SimsFur wrote: »
    I still have problems with liking this game and i never play. Today i will try again after a few updates and downloaded CC.
    But i just wanna find out where this feeling is coming from. Ok i know it basicly. (ipad app feeling for ten year olds with limited options)
    What is the biggest thing from TS4 that....

*... does not want you to start up your game in the first place? the first things ill see is the ugly 2D world map with no free lots
    *... makes you exit your game after a short time? the lack of different gameplay stories, limited possibilities and meaningless traveling system
    *... prevents you from trying it again? nothing changed. EA's improvements arent that big and they still didnt fill the important holes we asked for

What are yours?

Mine is because my sims are not unique. Their traits don't mean anything. They all will do the same exact things and have the same exact reactions to everything around them.

I don't like the neighborhood system or that it is so small and limited.

There is nothing for me to do. I have never been a bar/nightclub type person in real life so I don't find those things fun to play. And I don't see the point in travelling anywhere else because the trade-off between the loading screen and not being able to control my other sims is not worth it.

The furniture and colors are very off. Why is nothing white? I just can't stand that the whites are yellow or gray. Drives me nuts.

Families are not that fun or rewarding. They are more lively, but there is nothing special about them. They treat one another just like any random sim walking past their house.

I kept trying over and over again, but I finally uninstalled it. I need too many mods and CC to make it even remotely enjoyable, but I'm not willing to do maintenance or keep track of mods every time a patch comes out. It's just not worth it to me.
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    You seem to be the type that has trouble reading a book cause of the cover huh? if you can get your mind past the way the world map looks and the whole its an ipad app feeling (which it's not at all) its a pretty fun game. i'm causing choas in my current game at the moment 9half siblings are running wild and scaring off other children at parks. while mom and dad are busy getting it on with the neighbors who are the 6 of my 9siblings parents lol

Mom has 3kids with husband and 3 with hot male neighbor
    dad has 3 kids with is wife and another 3 with hot female neighbor (neighbors are brother and sister)
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    Linnyxx17 wrote: »
    You seem to be the type that has trouble reading a book cause of the cover huh? if you can get your mind past the way the world map looks and the whole its an ipad app feeling (which it's not at all) its a pretty fun game. i'm causing choas in my current game at the moment 9half siblings are running wild and scaring off other children at parks. while mom and dad are busy getting it on with the neighbors who are the 6 of my 9siblings parents lol

dad has 3 kids with is wife and another 3 with hot female neighbor (neighbors are brother and sister)

it says the BIGGEST thing, not the only thing. The first thing i see is that ugly map/world and after there are a lot other feelings and disapointments ofcourse and we all know what was the first intention with this game, so the ipad app feeling is totally on its place.
    Anyway, the game isnt good. I limited it to the biggest three in certain situations, cause we have discussions and threads full of every single problem with this game ;)

And maybe you dont feel it that way, but the world and so is the map is a mature deal in the game for me and many players i assume. It is not for nothing that one of the gurus here created a thread a while ago asking for advice how to improove the world and the lack of lots ;) they know..

• Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    1. No toddlers
    2. Lack of space for new builds.
    3. Lack of community lots/activities to get you out of the house.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member

I am sorry if I don't want to play in something ugly, like the world maps and backdrops.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited March 2015

TS4 is a book with an ugly cover and about two pages worth of reading material. A quick and easy read that can be put away all the while feeling like you just lost valuable time. Lol

On a more serious note OP. I can't load it up because after two months worth of play I found the games newness wore off. I feel the gameplay is shallow and weak but maybe that's because my play style is out and after 15 years of simming this is by far the most stripped down, bare bones base we have ever received and on top of that its unfinished.

• Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    no toddlers

Shallow feel to the game overall

Too rpg like
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I so agree with the iPad app feeling! And of course, that's because it was originally supposed to be an iPad app. The lack of things to do is killing me. Upgrading the community lots is useless when there's nothing to upgrade them with. The world maps are horrible. The traits, as mentioned, mean nothing. There is so much they could have done better in this game if they had scrapped the iPad gaming engine and created a proper PC game. I am still holding onto desperate hope that with the new EP it will improve. The retail portion looks good and reminds me of Sims 2 so we'll see.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,266 Member
    Although there are features I'd like to see added to the game, nothing I've encountered prevents me from playing, enjoying, and looking forward to it.
  • Options

it says the BIGGEST thing, not the only thing. The first thing i see is that ugly map/world and after there are a lot other feelings and disapointments ofcourse and we all know what was the first intention with this game, so the ipad app feeling is totally on its place.
    Anyway, the game isnt good. I limited it to the biggest three in certain situations, cause we have discussions and threads full of every single problem with this game ;)

And maybe you dont feel it that way, but the world and so is the map is a mature deal in the game for me and many players i assume. It is not for nothing that one of the gurus here created a thread a while ago asking for advice how to improove the world and the lack of lots ;) they know..

Well i'm not going to deny that i don't find faults, I do want a larger world and a world editor. But i can still drag myself to play. though i will probably stop soon until i get GTW, i've always found myself taking a few weeks-months breaks until a new EP comes out. the game does get repetitive and that goes for every Sims game from 1-4 even The Sims Castaway got repetitive. but i wouldn't say the game isn't good cause if it was bad as everyone claims it is. they would not even try to sell a EP, it would of just stopped right where it was (yeah they were probably working on it before release, but they could of just scrapped it). and everyone needs to keep in mind to give the Sims 4 some time and the Developers, cause everyone saying "the Sims 4 is a flop, I can't wait till Sims 5" need to realized if the Sims 4 fails THERE WILL BE NO 5

But yes i agree the game isn't perfect, but it's either i play this while my children nap or i play Stranded Deep and get scared to death by sharks in dark waters (i choose sims cause i don't scream when i play lol)

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited March 2015
    Oh there will be a Sims 5, EA won't give up on it's cash cow over one failure. Whether it will be any good depends on whether the Gurus and EA actually learn anything from their failure. And even if there isn't, so what? I refuse to waste my money on a game I don't like just in the hopes of a better game. Besides, if the Sims franchise dies, another company will step in and make a similar game like how we have Cities Skylines after EA apparently gave up on Sim City (it wasn't really a cash cow and Maxis had to beg and plead to be allowed to develop a new game in the series and even then EA insisted it be online).

As for the topic
    1) lack of content.
    2) Overly scripted gameplay
    3) The fact that EA continues to produce half baked buggy content in patches (the December patch broke a ton of things, some of which still have not been fixed).
  • Options
    snurfles wrote: »
    I so agree with the iPad app feeling! And of course, that's because it was originally supposed to be an iPad app. The lack of things to do is killing me. Upgrading the community lots is useless when there's nothing to upgrade them with. The world maps are horrible. The traits, as mentioned, mean nothing. There is so much they could have done better in this game if they had scrapped the iPad gaming engine and created a proper PC game. I am still holding onto desperate hope that with the new EP it will improve. The retail portion looks good and reminds me of Sims 2 so we'll see.

also after you know that the world of gtw had 4 lots again :open_mouth:

• Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member

Well i'm not going to deny that i don't find faults, I do want a larger world and a world editor. But i can still drag myself to play. though i will probably stop soon until i get GTW, i've always found myself taking a few weeks-months breaks until a new EP comes out. the game does get repetitive and that goes for every Sims game from 1-4 even The Sims Castaway got repetitive. but i wouldn't say the game isn't good cause if it was bad as everyone claims it is. they would not even try to sell a EP, it would of just stopped right where it was (yeah they were probably working on it before release, but they could of just scrapped it). and everyone needs to keep in mind to give the Sims 4 some time and the Developers, cause everyone saying "the Sims 4 is a flop, I can't wait till Sims 5" need to realized if the Sims 4 fails THERE WILL BE NO 5

But yes i agree the game isn't perfect, but it's either i play this while my children nap or i play Stranded Deep and get scared to death by sharks in dark waters (i choose sims cause i don't scream when i play lol)

If TS4 fails and they decide there won't be a TS5 due to that, then that's their problem not mine. I don't feel compelled to spend money on it just on my the off chance that they are using that reasoning.
    Will I be sad? Sure. But I'll always have TS2 and TS3. ;)

• Options
    Well if Sims 5 is going to be more of the same, and they don't improve this one, they can have it. As far as I am concerned anyway. I paid 80 dollars for the base game (premium) in an effort to support them, and make my daughter happy, and it doesn't even make my daughter happy any more. I just don't see my way of playing being rewarded. I need toddlers. I limited myself to 3 things wrong with the game, but I could go on and on. I realize it depends on the way you play as far as whether you get any good out of the game. I just think far fewer types of people get enjoyment out of this current iteration than in previous ones.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    snurfles wrote: »

also after you know that the world of gtw had 4 lots again :open_mouth:

lol i'm not buying GTW for the 4 lots. i'm buying it cause i was one of the many simmers who were screaming for an OFB Ep for the sims 3, and nearly broke my computer when they gave us that BS of an add on where you have to put items on an ugly pedestal to sell items( F that).

i would of been plenty fine with no lots or no new neighborhood, i would of just bulldozed the stupid Goth's house to make my clothing store if that was the case lmao

• Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    It seems that I've accomplished everything that can be done in TS4 a couple months ago. Would like to spend more time building but furniture, decorations, etc...are minimal and interior of houses have all begun looking the same. TS4 seems to be more of a children's game now. Best comparison I can come up with is TS1,2 and 3 = Lego... and TS4 = Duplo.
  • Options
    I can understand that. If it was a family type expansion pack I might be buying it myself. I always hated that ofb was never made for sims 3. It always irritates me when they don't take us seriously on making something for an iteration and don't give it to us until the next sequel. Like I wanted the washers and dryers for sims 2, but they didn't come out until sims 3. They offered them or butlers in Sims 2, and we got the butlers instead. I would have used the washers more.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Limited creativity from CaSt to editing the town, at this point my creativity feels stifled. Hopefully later the game will get some sort of CAW or world editor. I probably need to learn to make CC. Waiting for default texture replacements for more than grass.

I don't feel attached to any of my sims. Even the ones I have played from the start, there is no connection to them. Maybe more and better life stages would fix that.

The closed world. It doesn't feel alive to me at all. I don't think that can be helped, though open neighborhoods would really make me happy.
  • Options
    EA thought this game would fit into the new time we (unfortunately) live in with smartphones, apps and easy peasy things so lazy people have it their way. But the thing is they turned something that was GREAT and totally different that this new concept into this boring game, cause they thought it would bring them more money, cause hey! everyone does, its the new way of games/sales it and thats what people 'want'. Not exactly but ok, we are more forced to this new technology. Its like the radio that pushes that annoying song over and over again into your brain and you eventually like it, but its still crap.
    So thats why they didnt stop and continued with the sims 4. Yeah people like it and spend their money on it but lets be honest we can all see that most people complain about the same issue and thats what i mentioned above, it isnt the same feeling anymore and its not the big unlimited pc game that was different and let you controle every tiny little thing in the world, it was yours! Thats why we liked the game, THATS WHAT IT WAS and if you take that out, it becomes another game, not the sims anymore. It may sell, but its a total different way they turned in. If something was great for that reason and you totally change that main reason.. what is left? Thats what they did..
  • Options
    Yes @Simsfur you hit the nail on the head there. They took my nice, pretty sandbox and ruined it :(

• Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    JoBass24us wrote: »

TS4 is a book with an ugly cover and about two pages worth of reading material. A quick and easy read that can be put away all the while feeling like you just lost valuable time. Lol

On a more serious note OP. I can't load it up because after two months worth of play I found the games newness wore off. I feel the gameplay is shallow and weak but maybe that's because my play style is out and after 15 years of simming this is by far the most stripped down, bare bones base we have ever received and on top of that its unfinished.

This
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    maimouthmaimouth Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2015
    Post edited by maimouth on
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm stuck with Sims 4 for now, and can only play for half an hour (that is spent making EA workers and locking them in rooms) without wanting to stop and go play Sims 3, but I can't :(

The Emotion System. I don't see anything special about it. For example, Amelia watched her mother die in a fire, and became very sad. She then went to play on the monkey bars. A few days later, she was suddenly happy again, completely forgetting her mom died. The only unique thing is that the game tells us how the Sim is feeling when we already know. It completely ruins the story telling aspect for me.

2. The children end up to close in age unless you only have a small amount of kids. I tend to have larger families, and I don't really like to wait mre than 5 Sim days to try for the next baby. So that means at times I end up with 3 Sim kids (no triplets or twins) simply because there isn't a toddler stage to go in between babies and children.

3. Map size. Need I say more?
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2015

I'm the type that doesn't mind about a book cover, I'll read everything if it's any good. So for me it's the content.

Three?
    1. Boredom
    2. Looks of the sims and the rest
    3. Gameplay that makes them not unique and shallow
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I'm still playing and to a point enjoying the game, but the 3 things that make me turn off are:

1. Lack of family play, I've played without toddlers, and don't make many families but the lack of any thing for them to do is becoming wearing.
    2. The lack of world editing, it's not my world it's EA's
    3. Irrespective of the traits I give them they are all the same. I know we are getting a cloning machine in Get To Work, but seriously it's already built into the basegame there is no uniqueness or depth to their personalities :/