Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts of an ex-Simmer

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Sims 4 is a good game and the base game is much better than sims 2 base game. However sims 2 was released 10 years ago and at that time it was revolutionary . Sims 4 was released last year , while it is good some argue that sims 3 base game is better. So for a 2014 game sims 4 is nothing special . I still enjoy the game however :)

Honestly, sims 3 sucked. It was crap, it crashed constantly, it was boring, annoying and it forced you to waste way too much time getting from one place to another because of that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 open world that I never ever want back. My sims spent more time travelling than they did enjoying any part of the rest of the game

I'm still amazed that people post this. At least in Sims 3 you could enjoy the scenery while traveling. You'd rather stare at a boring, white screen instead? Ok.
  • Options
    turnedintostoneturnedintostone Posts: 155 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Sims 4 is a good game and the base game is much better than sims 2 base game. However sims 2 was released 10 years ago and at that time it was revolutionary . Sims 4 was released last year , while it is good some argue that sims 3 base game is better. So for a 2014 game sims 4 is nothing special . I still enjoy the game however :)

Honestly, sims 3 sucked. It was crap, it crashed constantly, it was boring, annoying and it forced you to waste way too much time getting from one place to another because of that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 open world that I never ever want back. My sims spent more time travelling than they did enjoying any part of the rest of the game

I'm still amazed that people post this. At least in Sims 3 you could enjoy the scenery while traveling. You'd rather stare at a boring, white screen instead? Ok.

Heck, yeah, if it gets me there faster and I didn't waste my time going to a "hot spot" where my sim is the only patron.

Fact: a thing that is indisputably the case.

Opinion: a view or judgment formed about something; an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.

A fact is a specific detail that is true based on objective proof. An opinion is an interpretation, judgment, or belief.
  • Options
    ZombifiedDeathEaterZombifiedDeathEater Posts: 558 Member
    edited March 2015

It's almost upsetting that Get to Work looks this good, because however good it is as an expansion I can't bring myself to play this empty game. I'm not expecting anyone to care, I just wondered if anyone else felt the same.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I had to comment on this particular part of your post. This is quite normal to feel that the game is empty. You're used to The Sims 3 and all the expansion packs, stuff packs, store content, and free content that we have. Yes, yes, I know. "But the base game is missing so much. It doesn't have this, or that. Like the Sims 3 had in the base game." The Sims 2's base game had things that The Sims 3 base game didn't have. I don't see how people are forgetting this.

So, I'm going to tell you a little story. For me, I felt the Sims 3 base game was lacking, because I was so used to The Sims 2 and all the expansion packs, free content, store content, and stuff packs. I was extremely excited for The Sims 3.. but when I played the base game, it felt so empty.

Sure, we finally were able to visit our neighbors. We had an open world. We had open commu... rabbit holes. Sure, rabbit holes were nice for the "scenery" and when you'd zoom up to them you could hear sounds and noise.. but that's pretty much all The Sims 3 was. My Sims could only visit the public pool (which at the time was boring because we didn't have many interactions, or anything really for the pools), the rabbit hole cafe, where they could sit outside, the gym (zzz), and the art gallery (zzz), oh. and the library. The Sims 2 had similar community lots. But we had an open grocery store (and some other stuff. and it was all open) and could create our own community lots and make them "look"/feel like a club, or coffee shop, or whatever.

Because of this, I kept going back to Sims 2. Waiting for the base game of The Sims 3 to not feel "so empty". When World Adventures came out, I played it a little.. but went back to Sims 2. I did this until Generations. While I loved Late Night... the night-clubs were empty. We had this big open world, but our Sims were no where to be found (?).. however, once Generations was released... and then Supernatural through Into The Future. I fell back "in love" with The Sims 3. See, as expansion packs were released, it opened up the game. It gave us more to do, more tools, and even open venues/community lots. It made the game full and that feeling of emptiness definitely went away for me. That's what expansion packs are for. To expand on the foundation.

I'm not saying you're wrong to feel the way you do. You can feel however you like. (: I'm just saying. Give it time, give it another try, wait for other Simmers to try Get To Work out (even though you say you think it looks really good/amazing..), see what their reactions are; and see if it could make your game not be as empty.

At least some of the content missing, will more than likely be released at some point; and brand new content will open this game up even more and even better than the Sims 3 (maybe. maybe not. everyone's opinions are different.). However, I think the Sims 4 has a lot of potential on the simple fact that in the base game we have open community lots with Sims EVERYWHERE. So, if we ever get night-clubs, restaurants, or some crazy, awesome new venue/community lot we've never gotten before; even though it's not an open world. At least our community lots will not be empty and that right there my fellow Simmer friend is so worth it.

Happy Simming Everyone! And @alexspoom13 - I hope you come to love the game again some-day. But if not, that's okay too. (: (I honestly don't know what I'd do without The Sims being part of my life.. this game literally is my escape from the real world and it's a passion I never want to get rid of).

You raised some Excellent points @OneAdorkableGirl , sure this New basegame seems to be 'hollow' and lacking what we Diehard Simmers came to truly love about the Sims. The originality and quirkiness of previous incarnations (without going too overboard and making it seem childish to the point of annoyance and insufferable tolerance!! ..uh where was I?! Oh yea..) My point being that at this moment in time most (who feel like this new incarnation is not up to scratch with our basic Sims expectations) would agree.. TS4 Does lack that certain *je nais se quoi* High Standard Of Quality that the original The Sims brought to the table. But as we've seen over the past decade or so, "EAXis" have (eventually) shown some promising ideas when push comes to shove (and many many many a complaint slew their way..) to realize Beautiful Potential in future EPs and learn from their mistakes (and oftentimes terrible marketing fails)

Long story short, let's play the waiting game and Once GTW is released and he masses gets their paws on it.. With dozens upon dozens of Let's Plays and Reviews headed our way.. We can finally make up our own minds as to If this EP Get To Work.. works for us. Or not!

@alexspoom13 I remember you well, fellow ex-simmer. And I too share your genuine dismay and skepticism regarding TS4. But like I said. We've been down this long and disappointing road many a time, and what changes? All I'm saying is, give it a shot bud. I feel your frustrations! I totally get your reservation, but like you. . I Too felt the "Magic" from this recent Retail Trailer .. it felt almost Nostalgic!! It ignited in me a childlike wonderment.. as I stared mouth agape in awe of the Very thing which stirred in me the passion for which got me hooked on The Sims from the get go! :mrgreen: .. Let's Hope that GTW adapts well (and actually gels) with the Basegame of TS4 elements, and is enough to sway you.

I hope, i wish.. i Long for the day when EaXis can rediscover the idea behind True Sims the way Will Wright intended. That not only instills and brings back fond memories of days gone by.. But also Inspires us to Play and Learn and Laugh and Share. Just like When The Sims first captivated our hearts and minds!

Happy Simming Y'all (:

Thank you, @UshakSurfer aka Davie. (: I agree with you as well about how Eaxis has shown some promise when it comes to their ideas; even when they like to be very "hush, hush" about them until the last moment possible...... ! >_<

Honestly, if others don't want to play the waiting game, or ever buy it. That's completely up to them. (: I'm sad for those that feel this expansion pack isn't their taste. Hopefully they won't have to wait long for a "sale" and they can get it cheap, because the way I see it. Any new game-play is better than none at all. And I think there could be some objects/interactions, etc that could make them at least enjoy something of the expansion pack.

Kind of reminds me of certain expansion packs from Sims 3. Except, I actually liked Supernatural (probably not my best example since I love Supernatural creatures), but I know I had a few objects that I just loved from it as well. So instead, I'll use World Adventures. I didn't hate this expansion pack. But I preferred the concept of "vacationing/family activities" instead of "missions/goal oriented" play-styles. Even though I barely used, or visited the different places with World Adventures, I couldn't uninstall it because I liked having those "options". I never seen a mummy, or had a Sim mummified, but I liked that I still had the possibility that it *could* happen in my game.

I also *needed* France in my game. I thought it was gorgeous! and it was my favorite place out of the three. I liked that Egypt was new and we got China in Bon Voyage for Sims 2. Though they look very different.. I like that we got some new cultures. I also liked that I had the options of my Sims learning the different cultures of each place and being able to learn the songs. I thought that was really interesting.

So, even though I didn't feel that World Adventures was "that" interesting.. There was something that I found/something that I liked/the little details/things that I just had to have in my game that made the expansion pack worth it in some way. If that makes sense.

But. If they ever made a Farm Expansion pack. . this concept for an expansion pack has been requested for a very long time now.. and has never been an interest of mine at all. However, I know that a lot of Simmers would love to have this expansion pack made. For a long time, for me, it just seemed like a huge chore. How could taking care of cows, chickens, pigs, etc, be fun? But... I started thinking about it.

If the development team created this expansion pack and added enough game-play... and I found a couple of objects that I just loved. I'd still get it. I always felt like if they made this type of expansion pack, I would need it to be part of another "idea"/"theme" and not just a full on all farming expansion pack. Kind of like how they took Ambitions and Open For Business (both which I loved) and put them together. I would need something else with the farming aspect so that I could avoid it and do other things.

However, the more I thought about it.. I think it could be fun. Like, for instance, if we could breed our farm animals, produce milk and sell it with GTW, Collect eggs to sell(own chicken coops like in Sims 3), or even to bake/cook with *new* recipes to sell, be able to have crops and take them to the farmer's market where we could buy/sell/what's the word I'm looking for? Um.. bargain, that's it! Hehe. and maybe be able to have Sheep(could make things with wool to sell), or other farm animals.. like that.. I think that could be pretty cool.. and it would be something that I could use to go with Get To Work. So, it would (trying to think of a word here but can't.. brain doesn't want to work. D;) basically "mesh" with my other expansion packs and I'd be willing to buy it because it would just add more to my game-play and then everyone wins. (:

Basically what I'm saying is: Even if something doesn't seem like it's worth it. You'll never really know until you wait it out, see how others are reacting to it, see others opinions.. watch/read reviews, etc..or if you don't want to spend the original amount at the time; give it a little while and wait for a sale and then buy it when it's cheaper... because only you can really decide if it was worth the money or not; and of course, if it wasn't.. you didn't spend a lot on it.. but who knows.. there may be some aspects/something you find about it that you love and can't play without. (:

Wowza! You put a lot of thought into that post! I fully agree and empathise with your sentiments, I too Loved France from World Adventures and sure Egypt was New and Exciting and the stunning visuals were Beyond Gorgeous!! But.. sadly the gameplay mechanics and the repetitive "tasks" given soon became a bore, not to mention the fact the replayability and Lack Of resetting tombs.. It lost its spark and the once burning flame of awe and wonder soon fizzled out.. leaving behind a lacklustre one-off experience :disappointed:

Otherwise I am quite hopeful and optimistic for GTW's new innovative adaptions and quirky animation shown in the Gameplay trailers.. especially the new Retail one! :)

I am definitely excited for GTW.. With or without Home businesses!
    :mrgreen:

Lol - yeah... I tend to make a lot of really long paragraph posts. :blush: *hides*. Sorry. I couldn't agree more. It just didn't feel like the "sandbox" we all know and love. But that's what I was mentioning before when I returned for Generations and on. Because, it definitely felt like the sandboxy feeling was there again. By the end - The Sims 3 turned out amazingly. It had a rocky start, though I know some Simmers actually really loved World Adventures. I think it would have been neat to have tombs reset, "generate" new ones, to give us new game-play etc.. but maybe that could have caused too many game issues. Understandable. Tasks are okay, but they shouldn't be the full focus. It shouldn't be all "IN YOUR FACE" kind of thing. The game-play should be more about letting you play your way and telling your story.

They say that, but sometimes I don't feel they actually allow it 100 percent with all the missiony stuff. I don't want an RPG, if I did, I'd play Dragon Age. Which I do. But when it comes to my "The Sims" games, I want it to be my own playground.

I'm sad about no home businesses, but either way, I'm just sooo happy to have that Open For business aspect back (brought back memories of The Sims 2) and to know that they made this system first so that it could be used again and again with future content and allow NEW game-play/new creations makes me happy. But I would have loved to see home businesses because that all comes back to my family activities/ family play-style.

Hoping that the future of Sims 4 has lots of that kind of style to come. *crossed fingers*.

I lovee the animations for GTW.. When that nurse was listening to his chest and I guess there was quacking or something... Like he swallowed a rubber ducky.. her facial expression was hilarious.. Lol.

Really have loved all the animations/interactions, etc. April needs to hurry up!

Well.. I dunno if you're opposed to the idea of Mods or not? But I believe that NRaas Industries aka Twallan had a vast array of different mods / gameplay tweaks that appeased many simmers who were looking for alternative Basegame Core overhauls etc. I used the Master Control and Testing Cheats mod for just about Everything! .. who knows hey.. maybe he (or someone like him in the modding community) will eventually create a mod/ workaround to allow for Home Businesses! .. Maybe even functional Restaurant like places too! We've got the Tills/ registers and the 'employees' .. so the ability to employ waiter staff could very well be plausible! I for one am hopeful and optimistic and put all my trust into the Great Modding community! Without them, our games would be limited! And I know EA support the Modders! So it's win win for everyone :)

I hope for your sake that it Shall be a reality in time to come.. hopefully soon after GTW is released and the talented modders get their hands on this little gem!

P.s I Love Dragon Age! Just always wished and longed for the ability to Actually Ride on/ Control the dragons! :disappointed: .. Lol one can dream
    I melt when I begin to dream
    Silhouette of touching colours
    Sparking energy in azure skies
    Beneath silvery pale moonlight
    Painting with mesmerizing eyes
    Blur between the silent screams
    Memories take form, dancing to life
    Mournful tears, haunting waking dreams

wolf_howling_at_moon.jpg
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    I watched the new expansion pack's trailers. It really looked awesome... that for a moment, I wanted to buy the base game just so I could play the new expansion pack. ...I don't dislike the Sims 4, however there are features in this game that I don't like/find lacking. I'm glad to see that they seem to be on the right direction regarding the first expansion pack, and at the same time, I'm a bit saddened, because I don't like the base game as much as previous games in the series so I haven't bought it yet. However, I do want to see them release more good expansion packs in the future, so that Sims 4 will get better and be more successful. I love the sims series, I don't want to watch it fall.
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    Not an ex simmer.
    Still playing TS3.
    Still waiting for the "got to have it" moment from TS4, until then... waiting for sales. More than 50% off sales.
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I do think it is a pity that the sims team seems to realise what I like NOW but not before they released the base game. It's flaws will always be there dragging it down no matter how good or interesting the expansions and game packs.

I don't mind loading screens - I mind that I don't have control of sims off lot, and that I can't even visit my neighbours without one. I don't mind that they wanted to run on low specs - I mind that they chose to make a 32-bit executable that will lag with more content. I can understand adding toddlers later - I can't understand why they thought making babies objects was acceptable in the meantime.

I can handle bugs, crashes, etc but in the end I can't stand the shallow sims with fake emotions, or the way linear gameplay is shoved down our throats. Because this cannot be fixed no matter how interesting the expansions. I don't want sims to fail either... it's just a pity about TS4 base game.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Heck, yeah, if it gets me there faster and I didn't waste my time going to a "hot spot" where my sim is the only patron.

Well, it doesn't get me there faster since the loading screens have increased to nearly a minute. And with a few tweaks and mods, my sim is not the only patron at a hot spot.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the lots in TS4 are full of sims, but they could have made that happen without a loading screen if they wanted to. I'm just surprised some people don't demand better, considering the price they had to pay for the game.

I'm guessing EA could have made a true TS1 remake with most features stripped and people would still be happy "because it runs better."
  • Options
    Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    I'm on the fence with TS4. TS2 was my favorite, TS was a close second, and overall TS3 was ... hm. Yes, quite.

Given how dramatically different TS3 & TS4 are from the TS1 & TS2 it's become easier for me to treat it as its own game and not make comparisons with the base game. Now, I do compare expansion packs when they seem to be rehashes of previous TS expansions. I have loved this franchise since 2000. I literally grew up playing the sims. I am in love with it. However, I am not so blind by my love for the game that I don't get disappointed when I see wasted potential.

I don't necessarily see "missing" features. I see wasted potential and it is disheartening. That said, I still play the sims 4 daily, have several households, and am excited for the upcoming EP. There are a lot of features I'd like to see return in the future. I still have hope that TS4 will be improved upon. It very well may develop into an amazing sims game by its end. I know that some people will disagree with what I've expressed here. But, that's okay. Opinions are much like plumholes, everyone has one. This is mine. ;)
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    Not an ex simmer.
    Still playing TS3.
    Still waiting for the "got to have it" moment from TS4, until then... waiting for sales. More than 50% off sales.

Same. It's going in an okay direction, but not enough that I am happy with it, or excited by the possibilities.

Now, I will admit that even with a high-end system, The Sims 3 was completely unplayable for me until I started using cleanup mods, and I think if I ever get back to doing more playing instead of just building, I will also want some of the mechanics/gameplay mods as well (story progression and the like) so I am not sure if I can say TS3 was a better game as far as programming. Content and customization, it beats out TS4 so far, IMHO (and that's just base-game to base game). But TS4 hasn't really been "better" for me, in the "efficiency" department.

I think my preference for 3 is in the customization and world building aspects, I also like the supernaturals and fantasy aspects best in 3.

TS2 probably beats out the rest in terms of "personable" sims and overall customization. It's too bad both 2 and 3 were so buggy and easy to corrupt. 2 MIGHT have been the best if it weren't for it being so weirdly easy to accidentally corrupt a savegame by deleting sims from the bin, moving families and such, and not notice until you have put double-digit hours into it.

My opinion may quite possibly change, but so far, TS4 hasn't grabbed me and while I had hopes for GTW, what I would have wanted to really get grabbed, didn't happen.

I am not saying any of them were perfect.

I do not begrudge the fans who are really happy with The Sims 4. It just hasn't happened for me.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Well, it doesn't get me there faster since the loading screens have increased to nearly a minute. And with a few tweaks and mods, my sim is not the only patron at a hot spot.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the lots in TS4 are full of sims, but they could have made that happen without a loading screen if they wanted to. I'm just surprised some people don't demand better, considering the price they had to pay for the game.

I'm guessing EA could have made a true TS1 remake with most features stripped and people would still be happy "because it runs better."

Have you tried cleaning out your cache files? I do that before every gameplay session and that keeps my loading screen time down. I don't believe they could have made the lots be full of sims without loading screens. If you have an open world, when you load the world, it loads everything in it. Which puts a lot of pressure on a comp system. So the game adjusts to lower that pressure (or at least that's how I understood TS3 to handle it which is why so few sims at a lot). I have a good gaming system and TS3 could be unplayable at times due to lag and crashing. As @Kalphoenix said clean up mods made it playable. And it's good they were out there and I appreciate the modders that made them. But even then, when I tried to play more than 3-4 generations in a family mods didn't help my issues

But for me, I don't feel TS4 is stripped down and I'm only happy with it because it runs better. I'm happy with it for so many other reasons:
    • emotions
    • graphics
    • ease of building
    • social interactions
    • venues
    • oversized science equipment (but then I'm a science nerd. Give me any more science equipment and I'm happy. Soooo excited for the science career)
    • hidden lots
    • base game skills that were included
    • uncluttered UI (it doesn't take up about a 4th of my screen)
    • updates that actually work (don't get me started about the terrible TS3 loader and updates - maybe you didn't have the problems I did)
    • CAS

So I don't feel like I'm settling. For me, all those things that I listed make TS4 better.

Players mention linear game play and shallow emotions as things that they don't like - and they're certainly allowed those opinions. But for me I don't feel either of those things. All the emotional social interactions make the game have more depth for me. I love how emotions affect skills. How my sad sim doesn't want any comfort and wallows in sadness while my happy sim tries to hug them and gets shoved away. That doesn't feel shallow to me.

I don't feel like it's linear game play but maybe I don't understand what others mean by that. I feel like I have tons of room to create and have my sims do whatever I want them to do. I create the story. I make my sims do what I want them to do. If I want them to follow whims or party goals then I do that. If I don't want them to then I have them do other things. I honestly don't feel forced into making my sims do anything I don't want them to do. I understand that others don't feel that way but I guess I don't understand why they feel that way.

Opinion: a view or judgment formed about something; an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.

A fact is a specific detail that is true based on objective proof. An opinion is an interpretation, judgment, or belief.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @Shaobun
    Shaobun wrote: »
    I do think it is a pity that the sims team seems to realise what I like NOW but not before they released the base game. It's flaws will always be there dragging it down no matter how good or interesting the expansions and game packs.

I don't mind loading screens - I mind that I don't have control of sims off lot, and that I can't even visit my neighbours without one. I don't mind that they wanted to run on low specs - I mind that they chose to make a 32-bit executable that will lag with more content. I can understand adding toddlers later - I can't understand why they thought making babies objects was acceptable in the meantime.

I can handle bugs, crashes, etc but in the end I can't stand the shallow sims with fake emotions, or the way linear gameplay is shoved down our throats. Because this cannot be fixed no matter how interesting the expansions. I don't want sims to fail either... it's just a pity about TS4 base game.
    but to realise that you have probably to play for awhile first cause the surface of this game is what the devs have worked on meticulously
    i too needed several months to get it
    @turnedintostone
    Fair enough. But I feel the same way about all the anti-TS4 arguments. They all sound the same to me. I could probably generalize them into a list like you have but I don't really care to.
    i don't think that you have bothered to read, or should
    You're allowed to feel how you feel and complain about it and I'm allowed to feel how I feel and be happy and give counter arguments. We're probably not gonna change each other's opinion on the game but we're both allowed to express our opinions so long as we're polite to each other.
    my feelings about TS4 are irrelevant
    what is relevant for me is the way this game is programmed, what's there & what's not there, which can be added & which don't

i think, if you play long enough you will discover that i am unfortunately, right
    then you will discover that all TS4 sims are the same no matter the traits, aspirations & whims
    that TS4 sims have a split personality, are bipolar & suffer from attention disorder
    that sims which your sims have known disappear into thin air or just die off in their household's unchanged state
    that they just don't care what's going on around them, birth, beating, cheating, fire, drowning or some other of the many forms of death
    that they just don't care no matter the relationship's status
    if you don't mind to play such sims, then you will have fun

i do not complain, i point out that this is not playable in the long run & for experienced sims players
    if it won't be addressed by the devs no content EP will help
    @KitOnlyHuman
    After all, if you're enjoying something, you're less likely to compliment than to complain.
    at the beginning of TS4 some months ago i was all about how cute the sim are,
    they are still cute i just discovered that within that shell they are hollow
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    @Rukola_Schaaf sorry, no I haven't discovered you are right and don't see myself doing so. What you state is opinion. I've played almost 400 hours on TS4 (somewhere around 393, last I checked) and I'm still having fun with it, finding new things and my sims are all very different. I felt all my TS3 sims were the same. These sims feel like their own people. I love their animations and facial expressions and the varying traits.

It is playable to me as is. And I am an experienced sim player as I have played since the very first TS1 game. So please don't generalize me or other experienced sims players.

As fans of sims, we are a vast group with varying opinions on the whole franchise. Obviously what I see and feel about the game is different from what you do. But none of what you are saying is fact. It is your opinion.

• Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    The prices of games are always steep when they're first released and there will ALWAYS be someone claiming that there isn't enough content for the price that they're paying. Solution? Players that like the game enough to part with their money, have every right to do so. Those that think the price is too steep, have the option of waiting until the price comes down. This age old battle is tiresome. It doesn't matter what the devs or EA do, it will never be good enough for everyone, someone's gonna be 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

Anyways, as for the interview, I'm happy with everything I read - I've never played Open For Business, but I know many Simmers love that EP so I'm pumped for this one. I may wait a little while before purchasing it though, I haven't even gotten round to playing OR yet, so no point me buying GTW until I've explored the game properly.

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    sorry, no I haven't discovered you are right and don't see myself doing so. What you state is opinion. I've played almost 400 hours on TS4 (somewhere around 393, last I checked) and I'm still having fun with it, finding new things and my sims are all very different. I felt all my TS3 sims were the same. These sims feel like their own people. I love their animations and facial expressions and the varying traits.
    It is playable to me as is. And I am an experienced sim player as I have played since the very first TS1 game. So please don't generalize me or other experienced sims players.
    As fans of sims, we are a vast group with varying opinions on the whole franchise. Obviously what I see and feel about the game is different from what you do. But none of what you are saying is fact. It is your opinion.
    you don't need to be sorry, have fun
    you have still some hundreds of played hours to go though but maybe you just prefer to love it, so be it

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    wiesjy86wiesjy86 Posts: 19 Member
    It's very interesting to read everyone's personal views but I am happy to see there are more and more people that are beginning to like TS4. I only started playing it a couple of days ago and I am enjoying it. I think there are great things to come with the EP's! Got real excited after seeing the GTW trailer :D
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    After all, if you're enjoying something, you're less likely to compliment than to complain.
    at the beginning of TS4 some months ago i was all about how cute the sim are,
    they are still cute i just discovered that within that shell they are hollow

I'm sorry, that wasn't directed at -you- per say. I meant 'you' in general.
  • Options
    sorry, no I haven't discovered you are right and don't see myself doing so. What you state is opinion. I've played almost 400 hours on TS4 (somewhere around 393, last I checked) and I'm still having fun with it, finding new things and my sims are all very different. I felt all my TS3 sims were the same. These sims feel like their own people. I love their animations and facial expressions and the varying traits.
    you don't need to be sorry, have fun
    you have still some hundreds of played hours to go though but maybe you just prefer to love it, so be it

I don't really think there is some magical amount of hours that I need to play to suddenly feel what you do.

And its not a preference to love it. When you say it like that it sounds like I'm choosing to. I just do. I'm not making an active choice and just being contrary to you to be contrary. But maybe I'm misunderstanding your tone and reading too much into your words.

• Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I will say this, if you are more than 150 hours into this game and still enjoying it than it will only get better. I honestly believe the developers are starting to understand us. They are just constrained by the limits of the base game. I think that is why we can't access the hospital unless employed or pregnant. I don't think it's because they didn't think we'd want the option, I think it's because it's too hard to program with the way the game was designed. The time for innovating the base mechanics is over, now they're working on content. They can give us basements, but they can't change the entire emotions system which is what I find so hollow.

At this point if you find the issues is not with content, but the sims themselves, then no amount of expansions will be able to change or fix that. If you find that you're able to enjoy TS4, and you've actually been playing it, then no amount of how I, and others, feel should change that. You have alot to look forward to.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

I just hate wasting time travelling from one place to another loadings screens are easier and less time consuming. Not like I would usually watch what they were doing during a typical travel.