Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

any mention on the next stuff pack?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    I have to say I only purchased two SPs for TS3, was given the third one for free, compliments of EA. Where I purchased all SPs and EPs for TS2, I was wary of a couple of things with TS3. I was on an older machine and worried about the space required, so I decided, since I was mostly disappointed or flat out disinterested in what most of the SPs offered and that I would be better off spending that money on the Store, so that what I got I would actually use. I was not wishing to further gum up the works, since my game was mostly unstable.

This time around, I was willing to purchase the BASE game and to see if I even liked it. I had decided, and announced, that if the base didn't impress me, I wouldn't spend another dime on TS4. Well, I've got GF and am looking forward to GTW. That should tell you something.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Imo it should be;

World Packs - $10 ($15 if they include quite a bit of new Gameplay)
    Game Packs - $20
    Expansion Packs - $40

I figure if EA offered worlds like "Barnacle Bay", "Hidden Springs" and "Dragon Valley" for $20, it's not unreasonable to offer them as $10 for The Sims 4. Maybe $15 if they included noticeable new Gameplay (eg. like bringing Magic into it or something).
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Imo it should be;

World Packs - $10 ($15 if they include quite a bit of new Gameplay)
    Game Packs - $20
    Expansion Packs - $40

I figure if EA offered worlds like "Barnacle Bay", "Hidden Springs" and "Dragon Valley" for $20, it's not unreasonable to offer them as $10 for The Sims 4. Maybe $15 if they included noticeable new Gameplay (eg. like bringing Magic into it or something).

Game packs can include new worlds; given the current lack of space in the game I would expect that the next game pack will feature a full world which can use for regular game play (unlike the Granite Falls which is exclusive to vacations).
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    'new worlds'? You mean the extra 2D Facebook image 'world' with 1-4 lots for $20 and a few chairs that call themselves 'game packs'. Outdoor Retreat was a rip off for $20. What's next Walk Game Pack for $20 that comes with 2 new walk styles exclusive to adult Sims?! Seriously goes to show the greed of EAxis. I rather say forget 'game packs' the new name for stuff packs and just do expansion packs only. At least then we get 1 extra chair for $40. lol
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    'new worlds'? You mean the extra 2D Facebook image 'world' with 1-4 lots for $20 and a few chairs that call themselves 'game packs'. Outdoor Retreat was a rip off for $20. What's next Walk Game Pack for $20 that comes with 2 new walk styles exclusive to adult Sims?! Seriously goes to show the greed of EAxis. I rather say forget 'game packs' the new name for stuff packs and just do expansion packs only. At least then we get 1 extra chair for $40. lol

I personally felt OR was good value for money, especially compared to what we would have gotten for the equivalent amount of money in TS3. If you don't like it then that's your opinion but please don't come in and attack me for making a statement.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    I think op was just asking for release info not if others like stuff packs.

I have seen some mixed messages on Twitter so can't say with 100% accuracy but I too think SP are done. But GPs seem to me to be like SPs but with added gameplay and I also vaguely recall something about them supposedly released regularly . But the rub is EA has recently gone radio silent about upcoming releases, like we can't be told for some reason the release date of GTW, go figure

I can say with all certainty that the release date for pre-ordered GTW is March 31st. Either that or the date of release shown on my pre-order is a lie. :D

Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2015
    @aws200 wrote: »

The hilarious part is Outdoor Retreat came with 90 CAS items and 90 Build/Buy objects (which is slightly less than a normal Expansion), new Recipes, new Skills, new traits and a new Aspiration, and a mini-world.
    Meanwhile in the Sims 3 that would have gotten you a basic venue like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5BiqVwU6ek

Also, I think you're forgetting the difference between "Map Screen" and "World". Even in games like GTA, that Maps screens are Cartoon. Give it a rest.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    SuRihtanil wrote: »
    The next pack will contain toddlers.
    We shouldn't have to pay for toddlers. :(
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    CottencandycanibalCottencandycanibal Posts: 47 Member
    > @jackjack_k said:
    > Imo it should be;
    >
    > World Packs - $10 ($15 if they include quite a bit of new Gameplay)
    > Game Packs - $20
    > Expansion Packs - $40
    >
    > I figure if EA offered worlds like "Barnacle Bay", "Hidden Springs" and "Dragon Valley" for $20, it's not unreasonable to offer them as $10 for The Sims 4. Maybe $15 if they included noticeable new Gameplay (eg. like bringing Magic into it or something).

I agree with you on price, but in reality I am just looking forward to what EA/Maxis comes up with for us! So far I am pleased with the new stuff they have thrown our way, especially the little freebies they throw in with patches and updates.
  • Options
    > @Moodbeamy said:
    > Crackseed wrote: »
    >
    > Pretty sure Stuff Packs are gone because overall they were disliked for their terrible cost to value ratio with Game Packs taking their place - thus far, the first GP was certainly less aggravating than most of the Stuff Packs that graced Sims 3.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Actually the EA cash cards available in the US specify that they can be used for stuff packs. We'll still get them, it's the fortnightly DLC which has been scrapped. For TS4 we should be seeing stuff packs, game packs, and expansion packs. One of the gurus said blocks of THREE lines of content would be released together, meaning that we'll likely see a stuff pack, an expansion, and a game pack released within a three month interval, ie, one every month. Then we'll have to wait again for the next block to start releasing. At least that's how interpreted the three month thing.

omg! So, 1-OR , 2-GTW and 3- stuff pack? that is an interesting way of releasing things! So come on already and get GTW out and selling....
    it's taking too long for this first expansion lol!!!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,533 Member
    Right now I want another gamepack and a tropical one.
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Outdoor Retreat was soo much fun!

Cant wait for a new one
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited March 2015
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    SuRihtanil wrote: »
    The next pack will contain toddlers.
    We shouldn't have to pay for toddlers. :(

So true OMG this is so true! I would be SO angry :rage:
    Edit: Grammar
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,377 Member
    I am addicted to the Sims. I have every stuff pack, every expansion from Sims 1- Sims 3.
    You got it bad when you open a desk drawer or look on a shelf and all you see are all Sims games lined up in a row.
    I still have every single one too!
    I got it really bad! Plus, I am constantly downloading CC. I'm a huge CC 🐸🐸🐸🐸 as well.
    Ugh...I need Sims rehab!!!

*****sigh***** Me too ****** sigh ******

;)

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    windweaver wrote: »
    I am addicted to the Sims. I have every stuff pack, every expansion from Sims 1- Sims 3.
    You got it bad when you open a desk drawer or look on a shelf and all you see are all Sims games lined up in a row.
    I still have every single one too!
    I got it really bad! Plus, I am constantly downloading CC. I'm a huge CC 🐸🐸🐸🐸 as well.
    Ugh...I need Sims rehab!!!

*****sigh***** Me too ****** sigh ******

;)

Well I can't say the same about Sims 3 but I do have all of the Sims 1, all but one of the Sims 2 EPs (Apartment Life) and the last 2 SPs (Ikea Home and Mansion & Garden). I really, really wanted the last two but hard times had fallen.

*looks over at the shelves next to her and the loooong row of Sims game boxes*

Yup and they (Sims 1) are still in the original boxes they came off the store shelf.

Yeah, I'm hooked. *sighs and shakes fist at other half for buying her Sims 4 for Christmas* It's all his fault I'm hooked all over again. <3
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited March 2015
    They still have to get GTW out. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll see this forum blow up once a SP is announced.
  • Options
    Marvin is waiting for it, too:

ee1a616c5e6a737f0f929725a4118ced.jpg
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Options
    I didn't realize I was opening a can of worms with my post.
    by the way I love Marvin the Martian!!!